HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

KHL (Kontinental Hockey League) 2012-2013 season part II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-03-2012, 01:52 PM
  #26
Vicente
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cologne
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,416
vCash: 500
BTW guys:

2 KHL players (Ilya Kovalchuk / Alexander Radulov) can be voted for to become European Player of the Month for October.

http://eurohockey.com/article/1977-v...the-month.html

Vicente is offline  
Old
11-03-2012, 03:43 PM
  #27
ult
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 1,635
vCash: 500
Some stats.

SeasonTeamsGames played*GPG averagePIM averageAverage attendanceAverage agePlayers
2008/2009242785,4734,824 95527,59691
2009/2010242505,6030,425 51027,44665
2010/2011232695,5627,975 74027,70652
2011/2012232465,2826,635 96227,76637
2012/2013262985,4124,526 21527,33768
*Before first international break

http://www.khl.ru/news/2012/11/03/47103.html


Last edited by ult: 11-03-2012 at 03:55 PM.
ult is offline  
Old
11-03-2012, 03:50 PM
  #28
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,425
vCash: 500
Nice to see average attendace rising all the time.Today´s sold out (??) Tisport Arena is another proof that KHL can be succesfull in Europe, at least in central.

KHL is getting younger... what is the reason? Only limits for 91ers (and younger)?

EDIT:
not sold out, 12885 ppl, capacity is 13 150

vorky is offline  
Old
11-03-2012, 04:48 PM
  #29
VladNYC
Registered User
 
VladNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 6,374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post

KHL is getting younger... what is the reason? Only limits for 91ers (and younger)?
Less young guys going over to North America

VladNYC is offline  
Old
11-03-2012, 05:15 PM
  #30
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VladNYC View Post
Less young guys going over to North America
+ draft/trades works in KHL + developing system MHL-VHL-KHL starts producing guys

D Ozhiganov, born 92, traded from CSKA to Amur where he plays cca 20 min per game. If he stayed in CSKA, he would play VHL at least. Marchenko is no.1 choice among young D-men in CSKA + Sergeev born 91. F Tilchintsky 91 was also traded from SKA to Vityaz and then to Atlant F Dvurechenski born 91 from Dynamo Msk to Vityaz, F Kulyomin 90 from CSKA to Vityaz. All of them if stayed in old club would have hard time to crack KHL roster.

Draft is another example, especially Novokuznetsk´s picks Zhafyarov and Slepyshev. Dont understand why Goldobin chose CHL over Novokuznetsk. Another 94er, Dano and Slovan.

Alshevsky bro, born 91, played great VHL last season, now they are in KHL. This season VHL adopted rules to be younger, every club has to have at least 5 guys under 23, at least 5 guys under 25y old if I remember. F Sigarev 93 played great in Dizel, was lured to SKA, now playing limited time in KHL. Just as example

vorky is offline  
Old
11-03-2012, 09:08 PM
  #31
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough
 
SimplySensational's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: VA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,437
vCash: 888
So why is there only 2 games this weekend, and no games Monday/Tuesday?

SimplySensational is online now  
Old
11-03-2012, 09:18 PM
  #32
Purple hippo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Louvain-la-Neuve
Country: Belgium
Posts: 642
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberation View Post
So why is there only 2 games this weekend, and no games Monday/Tuesday?
International break

Purple hippo is offline  
Old
11-03-2012, 09:18 PM
  #33
Faterson
Registered User
 
Faterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bratislava
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,436
vCash: 500
Definitely weird schedule, but at least, after the (overlong) national teams break, the "rhythm" of the schedule slightly changes and (I remember Vicente's complaint) it looks like most of the games from now on will take place on Fridays & Sundays instead of Mondays & Wednesdays.

Saturdays seem strangely under-used in the KHL, as opposed to the NHL where Saturdays have traditionally been the biggest game-days.

Faterson is offline  
Old
11-03-2012, 09:19 PM
  #34
Vicente
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cologne
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,416
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberation View Post
So why is there only 2 games this weekend, and no games Monday/Tuesday?
There is a 2 week break for international tournaments like Karjala Cup.

Vicente is offline  
Old
11-03-2012, 09:25 PM
  #35
Faterson
Registered User
 
Faterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bratislava
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,436
vCash: 500
Luckily, not 2 weeks but "only" 9 days, but even that seems too long. I am surprised, just like Liberation, that only 2 games take place this weekend. Seems like waste of valuable playing time in terms of available game-days.

Faterson is offline  
Old
11-03-2012, 09:28 PM
  #36
Vicente
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cologne
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,416
vCash: 500
Maybe once ticket sales should become a real factor for the Russian teams they adjust to "normal" schedules.

Vicente is offline  
Old
11-04-2012, 03:25 AM
  #37
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,425
vCash: 500
there was bargaining, russian hockey federation (FHR) wanted longer international breaks, so we have them. You know, FHR is only institution which can organise hockey league in Russia. FHR delegated this right to KHL for money cash, limits for foreigners, limit for juniors, international breaks etc. Something like CBA negotiations. KHL needs to be independent from FHR (IIHF) like NHL, it should happen after Sochi Games

vorky is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 01:00 AM
  #38
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough
 
SimplySensational's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: VA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,437
vCash: 888
Whats the international break for, I figured it had something to do with the Euro Hockey Tour, but it doesn't. Is it just resting days for the players?

SimplySensational is online now  
Old
11-05-2012, 01:09 AM
  #39
Purple hippo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Louvain-la-Neuve
Country: Belgium
Posts: 642
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberation View Post
Whats the international break for, I figured it had something to do with the Euro Hockey Tour, but it doesn't. Is it just resting days for the players?
International play, EHT, EIHC, other random break tournaments and friendlies.

Purple hippo is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 01:13 AM
  #40
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
Definitely weird schedule, but at least, after the (overlong) national teams break, the "rhythm" of the schedule slightly changes and (I remember Vicente's complaint) it looks like most of the games from now on will take place on Fridays & Sundays instead of Mondays & Wednesdays.

Saturdays seem strangely under-used in the KHL, as opposed to the NHL where Saturdays have traditionally been the biggest game-days.
It's not weird. National teams are just more important than any neat and shiny league. these are the right priorities and it gives a most players a chance to recuperate which is actually good for the league.

Regarding saturdays. In Russia ppl go out on saturdays and not for hockey. The schedule fits it good for russian traditions. As you could see the Slovan-Prague and the Riga-Minsk games were played after everybody else was on break on the weekend. So the schedule is pretty much adaptive.

Atas2000 is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 01:15 AM
  #41
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberation View Post
Whats the international break for, I figured it had something to do with the Euro Hockey Tour, but it doesn't. Is it just resting days for the players?
It actually does. The break basically is there for the EHT games.

Atas2000 is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 01:20 AM
  #42
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
there was bargaining, russian hockey federation (FHR) wanted longer international breaks, so we have them. You know, FHR is only institution which can organise hockey league in Russia. FHR delegated this right to KHL for money cash, limits for foreigners, limit for juniors, international breaks etc. Something like CBA negotiations. KHL needs to be independent from FHR (IIHF) like NHL, it should happen after Sochi Games
It should NEVER happen. I will neer understand that fightig for a league which will start to dictate some stupid rules. National teams are just another level. I want better hockey as a fan. The national team should get all the time in the world. The KHL is entertaining but it's just not the same level. AND we need a foreigner limit for now. Period.

Atas2000 is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 01:25 AM
  #43
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicente View Post
Maybe once ticket sales should become a real factor for the Russian teams they adjust to "normal" schedules.
You should understand that it just doesn't work like it in Russia. Ticket prices are too low to make ticket sales a factor. But these are the prices ppl can afford. And read my otherpost about schedules. Schedule's good as it is for Russia.

Atas2000 is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 01:32 AM
  #44
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberation View Post
According to score sheet Kuznetsov played 25:47. Doubt it.
Nothing special for Traktor. Kuznetsov gets double shifts pretty often. Dunno if it's good for them in the long run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberation View Post
And Backstrom only gets 16 minutes.

Znaroks is really annoying.
He has a cup with what he does. It may be less entertaining but it works well.

Atas2000 is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 01:35 AM
  #45
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough
 
SimplySensational's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: VA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,437
vCash: 888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
Nothing special for Traktor. Kuznetsov gets double shifts pretty often. Dunno if it's good for them in the long run.



He has a cup with what he does. It may be less entertaining but it works well.
I hardly doubt Kuznetsov played 25:47, could be wrong, watched the game didn't seem he played that much.

SimplySensational is online now  
Old
11-05-2012, 01:42 AM
  #46
Faterson
Registered User
 
Faterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bratislava
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,436
vCash: 500
I don't think national teams should have priority over the KHL. It's very disruptive. The focus on national teams is so Cold War-like, previous-century thinking. It's very disturbing that for 10 out of 26 KHL teams, the season will be over in mid-February. That's absurd, waaay too early. How are all these players supposed to remain in shape, without any game practice, until May (!) for the World Championships? The KHL regular season should be a lot longer, the WCs should be moved to early April or so, and the KHL play-offs should only start after the WCs are completed. Then there would be enough time for KHL play-offs, instead of rushing through them like in this season, in inferior "Best of 5" 1st round series.

Faterson is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 01:58 AM
  #47
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
It's not weird. National teams are just more important than any neat and shiny league. these are the right priorities and it gives a most players a chance to recuperate which is actually good for the league.

Regarding saturdays. In Russia ppl go out on saturdays and not for hockey. The schedule fits it good for russian traditions. As you could see the Slovan-Prague and the Riga-Minsk games were played after everybody else was on break on the weekend. So the schedule is pretty much adaptive.
Thats the point. KHL includes russian and euro traditions. If something works in Europe (weekend as game day) does not have to work in Russia - another country/culture/habits

vorky is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 02:16 AM
  #48
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
It should NEVER happen. I will neer understand that fightig for a league which will start to dictate some stupid rules. National teams are just another level. I want better hockey as a fan. The national team should get all the time in the world. The KHL is entertaining but it's just not the same level. AND we need a foreigner limit for now. Period.
I see you. I dont want KHL to become "new NHL" which does not allow its players to play for NT. On the other hand I am all for longer KHL season, especially regular season. 54 games of RS is not ideal/good for KHL, Shalaev complained many times.

Independent KHL - it is matter of time IMO. KHL wants it, because now IIHF makes restrictions for KHL which NHL does not have (IIHF rule). IMO it is main reason why KHL wants to be independent from IIHF(FHR).

Quote:
I don't think national teams should have priority over the KHL. It's very disruptive. The focus on national teams is so Cold War-like, previous-century thinking. It's very disturbing that for 10 out of 26 KHL teams, the season will be over in mid-February. That's absurd, waaay too early. How are all these players supposed to remain in shape, without any game practice, until May (!) for the World Championships? The KHL regular season should be a lot longer, the WCs should be moved to early April or so, and the KHL play-offs should only start after the WCs are completed. Then there would be enough time for KHL play-offs, instead of rushing through them like in this season, in inferior "Best of 5" 1st round series.
As I said I prefere more games in KHL but understand needs of international games for NTs. KHL suggested WC to take place in mid-february (no WC in OG year) and rest of regular season + play off after WC. The same model as NHL season during OG (Turin, Vancouver examples). KHL wants cca 70 games of RS, play-off to finish in mid-may or later. That is idea, we will see if that happens

vorky is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 02:44 AM
  #49
Vicente
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cologne
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,416
vCash: 500
I think World Cups should be only every 4 years like in Football. Would give them a lot more value. And as it was said they should be in February like the OG. The national teams would still have other stuff like Euro Hockey Tour or Euro Ice Hockey Challange in the rest of the time.

Vicente is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 05:28 AM
  #50
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicente View Post
I think World Cups should be only every 4 years like in Football. Would give them a lot more value. And as it was said they should be in February like the OG. The national teams would still have other stuff like Euro Hockey Tour or Euro Ice Hockey Challange in the rest of the time.
It's an IIHF thing. They want their money every year.

Atas2000 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:03 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.