HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Hockey Talk by Country
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Talk by Country Talk about the other countries that are playing the world's greatest game!

Best players in SEL/SM-Liiga (and DEL)?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-01-2012, 02:49 PM
  #26
jonlin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 526
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOFIN View Post
Well, you can also look up the general situation of TPS atm. Besides, as you posted, he has played only 2 games, and in the second one he left the game in the first period. So please, don't use that as an argument.
Well tell me - how can he then be one of the best players currently in SM-liiga? He has actually NEVER been a top5 forward in the whole league! Borderline top 10, maybe...

jonlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 03:02 PM
  #27
LOFIN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Finland
Posts: 747
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonlin View Post
Well tell me - how can he then be one of the best players currently in SM-liiga? He has actually NEVER been a top5 forward in the whole league! Borderline top 10, maybe...
Top-5 winger I said, not top-5 forward or a top-5 player. He has been in the top-10 of scoring for 3 years in a row now (though he only played 27 games in 10-11 thus scoring only 24 points but on that ppg ratio he would have been in the top-10). And keep in mind TPS hasn't really been the top contender these years either, though they were sixth in the regular season in 09-10 season. It could be argued both ways, but with my homer glasses on, I belive he's a top-5 winger when he is playing at his level.

LOFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 03:12 PM
  #28
jonlin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 526
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOFIN View Post
Top-5 winger I said, not top-5 forward or a top-5 player. He has been in the top-10 of scoring for 3 years in a row now (though he only played 27 games in 10-11 thus scoring only 24 points but on that ppg ratio he would have been in the top-10). And keep in mind TPS hasn't really been the top contender these years either, though they were sixth in the regular season in 09-10 season. It could be argued both ways, but with my homer glasses on, I belive he's a top-5 winger when he is playing at his level.
Top 10 winger we can agree on! I was just amazed of someone having Vahalahti in top5 forwards with no Barkov, when Barkov has 11p and carries his team and Vahalahti has 0...

jonlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 03:26 PM
  #29
LOFIN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Finland
Posts: 747
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonlin View Post
Top 10 winger we can agree on! I was just amazed of someone having Vahalahti in top5 forwards with no Barkov, when Barkov has 11p and carries his team and Vahalahti has 0...
True, but I wouldn't place Barkov in the top 5 either, the season has just started, too hard to judge that just yet. But he has played really well so far, expecting him to be drafted with a really small number.

LOFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 03:16 AM
  #30
LSnow
Registered User
 
LSnow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,159
vCash: 500
Top 3 forwards: I.Filppula, Korpikoski, Ramstedt
Top 3 defenders: Karlsson, Demers, Näkyvä/Eronen
Top 3 goalies: Backlund, Kilpeläinen, Tarkki

LSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 04:14 AM
  #31
ElHefe
Registered User
 
ElHefe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Capital Area
Country: Finland
Posts: 593
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSnow View Post
Top 3 forwards: I.Filppula, Korpikoski, Ramstedt
Top 3 defenders: Karlsson, Demers, Näkyvä/Eronen
Top 3 goalies: Backlund, Kilpeläinen, Tarkki
Are you kidings?

Ilari Filppula before Valtteri?
Ramstedt before Mikko Koivu? Bödker or Joensuu perhaps?

No Väänänen?

ElHefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 07:06 AM
  #32
Loffer
Registered User
 
Loffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,155
vCash: 500
top3 forwards: Dixon, Salminen, Barkov
top3 Dmen: Näkyvä, Eronen, Söderholm
top3 goalies: Raanta, Ortio, Engren

Loffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 12:13 PM
  #33
LSnow
Registered User
 
LSnow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,159
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElHefe View Post
Are you kidings?

Ilari Filppula before Valtteri?
Ramstedt before Mikko Koivu? Bödker or Joensuu perhaps?

No Väänänen?
Its not the who is actually the best player, its the list who has in my mind played the best. V.Filppula is much better player than Ilari but he has been outplayed by his older brother from the games i have seen. Korpikoski has outplayed Koivu and Ramstedt has had amazing year.

LSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 01:49 PM
  #34
Eidyia
Registered User
 
Eidyia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Oulu
Country: Finland
Posts: 549
vCash: 500
Update: SM-liiga TOP-10 (without the lockout refugees):

1. Sakari Salminen (KalPa)
2. Ivan Huml (Kärpät)
3. Ilari Filppula (Jokerit)
4. Steve Moses (Jokerit)
5. J-P Haataja (Kärpät)
6. Stephen Dixon (Ässät)
7. Alexander Barkov Jr. (Tappara)
8. Ossi Väänänen (Jokerit)
9. Teemu Ramstedt (Blues)
10. Joni Ortio (HIFK)

Eidyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:52 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.