HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Leafs - Avs

Old
11-05-2012, 08:06 AM
Fearless Leaf*
Playiffs 2013!!!!!

vCash: 500
Leafs - Avs

To Avs

- Jake Gardiner
- Joe Colborne
- Clarke MacArthur

To Leafs

- Paul Statsny

Leafs get a solid 2-way C for Kessel and Lupul meanwhile the Avs receive a good offensive supporter for EJ on the back-end along with a potential NHL Center in Colborne and a top 6 tweener.

I think Statsny would be a much better fit for our club with his style of game and play-making ability than Duchene, a high risk offensive C with limited defensive awareness.

Fearless Leaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 08:20 AM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless Leaf View Post
To Avs

- Jake Gardiner
- Joe Colborne
- Clarke MacArthur

To Leafs

- Paul Statsny

Leafs get a solid 2-way C for Kessel and Lupul meanwhile the Avs receive a good offensive supporter for EJ on the back-end along with a potential NHL Center in Colborne and a top 6 tweener.

I think Statsny would be a much better fit for our club with his style of game and play-making ability than Duchene, a high risk offensive C with limited defensive awareness.
A lot for the Leafs to give up in terms of roster players. Usually a deal for a player like Statsny includes some sort of roster player but mostly futures. Colborne is redundant when acquiring Statsny, so I guess in that case it's not bad. Depends on how much the Leafs value Gardiner.

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 08:27 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
To Avs

- Jake Gardiner
- Joe Colborne
- Clarke MacArthur

To Leafs

- Paul Statsny

right now gardiner is untouchable for us.

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 08:32 AM
Sterling31
YNWA

Would love Statsny. Nothing against him, But the leafs are better off keeping those 3. Especially Gardiner.

Sterling31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 08:37 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
Would love Statsny. Nothing against him, But the leafs are better off keeping those 3. Especially Gardiner.
If statsny is the prize mac and colborne can go.

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 08:42 AM
416Leafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
Yep. Mac is a borderline top 6 winger. He doesn't have much size and isn't very good defensively. Colborne is going to be 23 this year and still isn't making much noise at the AHL level, so the projections of him in the NHL are continuing to fall. Not to mention he lacks the defensive capabilities to be a solid 3rd line guy.

416Leafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 09:04 AM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Pretty sure the Leafs wouldnt do Gardiner alone for Stasny.

This trade would do wonders for the Leafs center depth, but I think they should say no. Colborne/Mac are almost irrelevant to this trade, Gardiner should be untouchable if Stasny is all thats coming back. (IMO)

Tim Vezina Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 09:14 AM
TOGuy14

Quote:
To Avs

- Jake Gardiner
- Joe Colborne
- Clarke MacArthur

To Leafs

- Paul Statsny

And you say you are a Leafs fan?

Only way we move Gardiner in a package to Colorado would be if Duchene is coming back.

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 09:41 AM
Whydidijoin*

Hell no from Toronto.

Whydidijoin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 09:55 AM
EdwardBlake
This is all a joke.

In a vacuum the trade has fair value on both sides when looking at it only in a dollar and cents view. So good on ya for that OP. But Gardiner leaving would create a hole in the Leafs roster and development that would be hard to fill without another trade so I think it's a no go due to that.

EdwardBlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 09:55 AM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Stastny isn't the center we need, if anything we should target O'Rielly from Colorado... Think Bergeron, hanzal, etc as the C's we should target to play with Kessel.

The Podium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 10:07 AM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
If Statsny is the prize, Mac and Colborne get you a dial tone.

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 12:38 PM
Nihiliste

Leafs fans rightly value Gardiner highly and I'm not about to argue about whether or not they should prefer Stastny. However while Gardiner is a great player this proposal creates a tough situation for the Avs leaving them with 7 top 9 wingers but only two effective centers. Probably a no for both sides

Nihiliste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 12:43 PM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

I don't think the Leafs should do that trade.

Value wise it might be close, but that's a lot of depth to give up.

Marvelous Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 12:44 PM
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister

vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fictionzero View Post
In a vacuum the trade has fair value on both sides when looking at it only in a dollar and cents view. So good on ya for that OP. But Gardiner leaving would create a hole in the Leafs roster and development that would be hard to fill without another trade so I think it's a no go due to that.
Huh? The Leafs don't have anything close to a first line C in their system. They have tons of D prospects though, including a recently drafted Morgan Rielly, among a plethora of other good defensemen. The hole left by Gardiner would be virtually non-existant next to the hole filled.

I'd assume Colborne is NHL ready, so couldn't he fill in as a 3C for Colorado(Or simply try out anywhere in the lineup if you're rolling 3 equal lines?)

Of course, there's always a chance you could try getting the untouchable Bozak involved as a replacement, but you might have to add.(Landeskog+, maybe)

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 12:47 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 50
Not a fan of taking on MacArthur regardless, we have 5-6 better options at wing.

Gardiner is good, but I need to see at least one more repeat year before I start to consider him in a trade for Stastny as an Avs fan. I still don't think he'll top out as a top pairing guy, more a #3 at max.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 12:51 PM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Huh? The Leafs don't have anything close to a first line C in their system. They have tons of D prospects though, including a recently drafted Morgan Rielly, among a plethora of other good defensemen. The hole left by Gardiner would be virtually non-existant next to the hole filled.

I'd assume Colborne is NHL ready, so couldn't he fill in as a 3C for Colorado(Or simply try out anywhere in the lineup if you're rolling 3 equal lines?)

Of course, there's always a chance you could try getting the untouchable Bozak involved as a replacement, but you might have to add.(Landeskog+, maybe)
Colborne doesn't have the skillset to be a third line center, hes top six or bust.

I think he'll actually be a late bloomer and round out to be decent center.

Tim Vezina Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 12:53 PM
Ceremony
I will swim

vCash: 24000
No thank you.

ďItís embarrassing. Iím embarrassed to be here right now. Itís not even funny. And itís just embarrassing, the way we, you know, the energy we have in the room and the way we approach practices and the way we approach this game. Itís not how youíre going to win any games in this league." - Jean-Sebastien Giguere, April 8 2013
Ceremony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 12:57 PM
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Vezina Thomas View Post
Colborne doesn't have the skillset to be a third line center, hes top six or bust.

I think he'll actually be a late bloomer and round out to be decent center.
Yeah, so if the Avs roll three lines, O'Reilly can continue to take the hard mattchups and Colborne get the easier ones. Just spitballing ideas though.

Old
11-05-2012, 01:01 PM
Gigantor The Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Yeah, so if the Avs roll three lines, O'Reilly can continue to take the hard mattchups and Colborne get the easier ones. Just spitballing ideas though.
I see what your getting at but as an Avs fan I only want to trade Duchene for someone of equal value or maybe just a little less. These are all decent players we're being offered but I can't see any of them taking us to the next level we need to go to.

Gigantor The Goalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 01:03 PM
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoytoSakic View Post
I see what your getting at but as an Avs fan I only want to trade Duchene for someone of equal value or maybe just a little less. These are all decent players we're being offered but I can't see any of them taking us to the next level we need to go to.
The OP's proposal was for Stastny. And Gardiner would certainly be a good fit for EJ.

Old
11-05-2012, 01:36 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Is Gardiner REALLY the only PMD the Leafs have these days? I know he's valuable and saved the Leafs from ending up in last place on many nights last season, but I literally cringe when I see Toornto's depth at center.

It's beyond odd, too. Burke has often put a large emphasis on fundamentals.

Not saying this is the right trade, but 1-2 seasons from now he's overdue to make a trade that'll make the NHL tremble. Goaltending, defence or center. He'll address one of those needs.

I honestly don't get why MacArthur is in 1/3-2/3 of Leafs proposals made my Leafs fans. Leafs fans won't bash the guy, but they'll plop him into any proposal which brings back a player which significantly enhances the team.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 04:03 PM
Drij

avs say no.

Drij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 04:04 PM
birddog*

Quote:
To Avs

- Jake Gardiner
- Joe Colborne
- Clarke MacArthur

To Leafs

- Paul Statsny

No from the Leafs. PS is not a number one center with size that the Leafs need.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 04:38 PM
Avs44

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
No from the Leafs. PS is not a number one center with size that the Leafs need.
If your looking for a #1 C with size then I wish you luck... Only one I can possibly think of being available is Getzlaf, and I think he will re-sign with Anaheim.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote