HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Providence Bruins (vs) Worcester Sharks; 7:05 at the DDC Providence ; (11-2-12)

Old
11-02-2012, 11:07 PM
RaskMullet
You Like No ?

vCash: 500
went to the game. the same old crap from this team. No intensity, very sloppy in their own end and struggle to break out with the predictable d to d play. Hutchinson wasn't to sharp as well. The d needs some help and we also need to change the breakout. Time after time we feed it up the boards and the sharks players are waiting there for the puck. Also, WHERE THE FRICK DID HITTING GO IN PROFESSIONAL HOCKEY ? I mean , providence has absoilutley no snarl.

RaskMullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 06:51 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodbratmarchand View Post
went to the game. the same old crap from this team. No intensity, very sloppy in their own end and struggle to break out with the predictable d to d play. Hutchinson wasn't to sharp as well. The d needs some help and we also need to change the breakout. Time after time we feed it up the boards and the sharks players are waiting there for the puck. Also, WHERE THE FRICK DID HITTING GO IN PROFESSIONAL HOCKEY ? I mean , providence has absoilutley no snarl.
So, what your saying is, they`re in trouble from the net out??? Talent is always a big aid, seems like they have some nice pieces, I ask again, does that team require a change in coaching??? I`m not saying that based on record, I`m saying that based on the fact that rarely do I read anything PB related and hear that player A, B or C is coming along nicely, developing well and THAT is what the AHL coaches are suppose to do isn`t it??

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 07:30 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
was at the game but since my take appears to differ with so many here I'll pass- besides I have no credibilty

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 07:56 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
was at the game but since my take appears to differ with so many here I'll pass- besides I have no credibilty
I'd like to hear it. Please.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 08:03 AM
bme44

Quote:
I am intersted in hearing your take on the game, when you live as far away as I do, you look forward to people reporting what they saw on here.

bme44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 08:39 AM
nycbruins*

2-1 with Svedberg. 0-4 with Hutchinson. Does Cassidy not like his job or seomthing?

nycbruins* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 09:05 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbruins View Post
2-1 with Svedberg. 0-4 with Hutchinson. Does Cassidy not like his job or seomthing?
Cassidy's job is to develop players. Whether he's doing so is certainly arguable, but the won-loss record isn't as important.

Interesting situation in Springfield last night - the Falcons have been killing themselves with penalties, and Cam Atkinson (one of their best players) picked up a penalty during a PP in the second period. The coach nailed his behind to the bench for the rest of the game, even during the shootout, which they lost. They probably would have won with Atkinson. The lesson he learned was more important.

Old
11-03-2012, 09:54 AM
GoBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Cassidy's job is to develop players. Whether he's doing so is certainly arguable, but the won-loss record isn't as important.

Interesting situation in Springfield last night - the Falcons have been killing themselves with penalties, and Cam Atkinson (one of their best players) picked up a penalty during a PP in the second period. The coach nailed his behind to the bench for the rest of the game, even during the shootout, which they lost. They probably would have won with Atkinson. The lesson he learned was more important.
The win loss record is definitely important. The last thing we need is too create a culture of losing for the younger players.

Development and winning could and should go hand in hand.

I will be at the game this Friday, and I will write up a little report after.

GoBs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 09:55 AM
nycbruins*

Quote:

Everyone plays hockey to win games. And what dd svedberg do to not be allowed to win games so hutch can set a new record of futlility? You learn a lot of good habits & confidence when you win games. Playing hutch last night was stupid, as is his game plan, lines & just about everything down there. Not watching more feeds or making trips until something changes

Old
11-03-2012, 10:25 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbruins View Post
Everyone plays hockey to win games. And what dd svedberg do to not be allowed to win games so hutch can set a new record of futlility? You learn a lot of good habits & confidence when you win games. Playing hutch last night was stupid, as is his game plan, lines & just about everything down there. Not watching more feeds or making trips until something changes
Hutchinson has played four games, Svedberg three. That's pretty much SOP for the AHL, as they play the vast majority of their games in weekend clusters (three in three nights, for example).

And even if they didn't, these guys have to play. That's why they're there.

Old
11-03-2012, 10:50 AM
nycbruins*

Quote:
Hutchinson has played four games, Svedberg three. That's pretty much SOP for the AHL, as they play the vast majority of their games in weekend clusters (three in three nights, for example).

Nice to see you're still always wrong & yet never give an inch.

Old
11-03-2012, 11:26 AM
DKH

Quote:
no- done, being called out as a fraud by Quaider allows me to concentrate more on the OT thread on things that matter to me like what I ate for breakfast, my favorite TV shows, and what I would have done on that Island if I was Gilligan.

Besides, I was with a couple of friends at that game that post here

yall cool wit dat

Old
11-03-2012, 11:30 AM
Bri

Quote:
no- done, being called out as a fraud by Quaider allows me to concentrate more on the OT thread on things that matter to me like what I ate for breakfast, my favorite TV shows, and what I would have done on that Island if I was Gilligan.

Besides, I was with a couple of friends at that game that post here

yall cool wit dat
No.

Shake this one off and post your thoughts on the next game regardless. Deal?

Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 11:37 AM
Mancini0518

Quote:

Actually thats not correct, for example take a look at the Monarchs (who are leading the P-Bruins division) Martin Jones has played all 7 games.

In fact the only division leader that has a split remotely close to the P-Bruins are the checkers and they have two NHL calibre goalies in Peters and Dan Ellis.

Springfield: McElhinney-7, Dainton-1
Syracuse: Tokarski-6, Helenius-3
Chicago: Lack-7, Climie-2
Abbotsford: Taylor-5, Irving-2, Brust-2; Again Irving is NHL calibre

and the last example ill give are the Pirates who are a point behind Manchester and aren't even giving a top 15 goalie prospect as much playing time as Hutch gets here:

Portland: Johnson- 6, Visentin-2

Mancini0518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 12:10 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancini0518 View Post
Actually thats not correct, for example take a look at the Monarchs (who are leading the P-Bruins division) Martin Jones has played all 7 games.

In fact the only division leader that has a split remotely close to the P-Bruins are the checkers and they have two NHL calibre goalies in Peters and Dan Ellis.

Springfield: McElhinney-7, Dainton-1
Syracuse: Tokarski-6, Helenius-3
Chicago: Lack-7, Climie-2
Abbotsford: Taylor-5, Irving-2, Brust-2; Again Irving is NHL calibre

and the last example ill give are the Pirates who are a point behind Manchester and aren't even giving a top 15 goalie prospect as much playing time as Hutch gets here:

Portland: Johnson- 6, Visentin-2
Dainton is hurt and on the shelf at the moment. I can't speak for other teams; I'm sure they all have their particular situations. It's a long season, and AHL goalies as a rule (there are exceptions of course) split duty more than NHL goalies, just because of the nature of most schedules.

Old
11-03-2012, 05:11 PM
DKH

Quote:
oh, alright....went with yute, Traci, couple of my buds who have Bruins season tickets, and met Alex there. (Alex and Traci post here, my friends think we are insane)

I moved around- sat up top for first but came down and sat 3 rows behind penalty box in second because this game was getting pretty viscious. For an AHL game there was some serious truculance going on; lot of hitting, lot of borderline cheap shots, many slashes and some good fights. The D that fought Hansen could really throw them and because he was right infront of us (in box) he was 'munching' on the towel- some blood not alot, but either checking on his lip or teeth. I thought he easily won and Shawn Thornton would not have been happy because there was no code with this guy- he would have probably killed Hansen if he could have. Kid was pretty freaking tough- the kid next to me in his twenties was giving him some decent crap from the seats and asking him to fight. Gotta admit, kid was wiry and long and maybe tough but I'd have wondered if he'd have been that demonstrative without the glass. He just might have though, nothing surprises me these days.

As for the on ice stuff- I like Hutch but all things equal the eyeball test/ or boxing system told me Providence wins this on points. They were the better team overall- not perfect but they played very hard and finished checks. Sauve even without the goal was outstanding. He can move and he goes and gets the puck- no slow up at all. Really impressed me.

Caron once again in the first period had multiple great, great chances, and rung the post/crossbar. He is one big boy. He is a tough one to figure, I know he played checking role in WJC team a few years back (Seguin did not make that team), and has a plus shot- skates well, and appears good along the wall. If he can develop the Bitz wall game to 90% or shoot the puck like Murray- go to the net, he could be legit top 9 player with 20 plus goal ability. Remember we saw it in that Leafs game last year so he's done it at the NHL level even if for one night (no Leafs jokes Andrew)...if I am the Bruins coaching staff (NHL) I am all over him for certain areas because he has a lot of things going for him- size, skating has improved, shot. One thing I did notice were the Sharks seemed to be targeting him- by that I mean pregame blackboard stuff- finish your checks on him, hit him. I did not see any fear or backdown, but I did not see any attitude going the other way if you know what I mean.

I'll try to do more but gotta eat and get ready for Alabama-LSU and hopefully serious couch time

Old
11-03-2012, 05:54 PM
roflstomper
I don't row.

Quote:
oh, alright....went with yute, Traci, couple of my buds who have Bruins season tickets, and met Alex there. (Alex and Traci post here, my friends think we are insane)

I moved around- sat up top for first but came down and sat 3 rows behind penalty box in second because this game was getting pretty viscious. For an AHL game there was some serious truculance going on; lot of hitting, lot of borderline cheap shots, many slashes and some good fights. The D that fought Hansen could really throw them and because he was right infront of us (in box) he was 'munching' on the towel- some blood not alot, but either checking on his lip or teeth. I thought he easily won and Shawn Thornton would not have been happy because there was no code with this guy- he would have probably killed Hansen if he could have. Kid was pretty freaking tough- the kid next to me in his twenties was giving him some decent crap from the seats and asking him to fight. Gotta admit, kid was wiry and long and maybe tough but I'd have wondered if he'd have been that demonstrative without the glass. He just might have though, nothing surprises me these days.

As for the on ice stuff- I like Hutch but all things equal the eyeball test/ or boxing system told me Providence wins this on points. They were the better team overall- not perfect but they played very hard and finished checks. Sauve even without the goal was outstanding. He can move and he goes and gets the puck- no slow up at all. Really impressed me.

Caron once again in the first period had multiple great, great chances, and rung the post/crossbar. He is one big boy. He is a tough one to figure, I know he played checking role in WJC team a few years back (Seguin did not make that team), and has a plus shot- skates well, and appears good along the wall. If he can develop the Bitz wall game to 90% or shoot the puck like Murray- go to the net, he could be legit top 9 player with 20 plus goal ability. Remember we saw it in that Leafs game last year so he's done it at the NHL level even if for one night (no Leafs jokes Andrew)...if I am the Bruins coaching staff (NHL) I am all over him for certain areas because he has a lot of things going for him- size, skating has improved, shot. One thing I did notice were the Sharks seemed to be targeting him- by that I mean pregame blackboard stuff- finish your checks on him, hit him. I did not see any fear or backdown, but I did not see any attitude going the other way if you know what I mean.

I'll try to do more but gotta eat and get ready for Alabama-LSU and hopefully serious couch time

roflstomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 06:18 PM
DKH

Quote:
Originally Posted by roflstomper View Post
good point- I should have said personnelly. I'm not sure about his future and the reason I made the goalie analogy but as a kid everyone I know who has been around him since his days in London like him.

as for the points comment not sure what you are getting at, but sitting around afterwards consensus was Providence could have had two points- also ran into Bob Mand who covers the Bruins for the Hockey Writers and posts here and got the impression he agreed. There u go, 7 outa 7

Old
11-03-2012, 07:37 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:

Thanks very much, good stuff. I was fortunate enough to see the P-Bruins twice last month and from what I saw I pretty much concur with your observations. Caron certainly isn't flashy but I like his style, always have.

Old
11-03-2012, 07:38 PM
BruinsFTW

Send a message via AIM to BruinsFTW
Zane Gothberg is playin on NESN right now...Playing in goal for UND vs BU....if anyone wants to check out the young Bruins goalie in action.

Last edited by BruinsFTW: 11-03-2012 at 07:44 PM.
BruinsFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 08:34 PM
bruin10014

Quote:
Dainton is hurt and on the shelf at the moment. I can't speak for other teams; I'm sure they all have their particular situations. It's a long season, and AHL goalies as a rule (there are exceptions of course) split duty more than NHL goalies, just because of the nature of most schedules.

Providence is playing only Friday and Sunday this week there was NO REASON to play hutch unless they are playing 3 in 3. As a season ticket holder I KNEW it was a loss the minute I seen him leading the players out for warm-ups. He is not a AHL starter or even a good prospect. Why bring over Svedberg to back up someone who has over the course of a season plus not shown the ability to win games. You can say what you want about his numbers being better then Khudobin last year but all that matters in professional sports is WINS and he was under .500 last year and Khudobin was over .500. Cassidy and Hutch both need to be shown the door so a coach with a actual game plan and either a great starter or a good back up goalie that can actually help the team win can come in. Svedberg lost one game last Friday night at home that Providence was shut out in that to me is not on the goalie and only 1 of the 3 goals allowed he had a chance to stop. Svedberg should be the full time starter until he gets injured or is completely uneffective like Hutch is.

bruin10014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2012, 11:55 PM
BruinsHockey

I am not going to blame Hutch for last night. If the D-Fence is going to be a bunch of cream puffs, other teams are going to drive the net and get open shots in front.

The second goal was a defenseman shot that went off a player and went to a Shark in front of the net and he scored.

The third goal was a great shot from in the circles that hit the crossbar and went in.

Our goalies set up for the first shot and have no idea what to do after the re-bound. The only goalies I know in the system eligable for Providence are Svedburg, Hutch, and Morrison.

Adam Morrison is 1-4-1 with a 3.79 in the ECHL.

BruinsHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 12:36 AM
JoeIsAStud
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by slasher911 View Post
And with that loss, Providence has the worst record in the league.
Maybe Chiarelli and Jacobs have a plan in place to do the 2013 draft based on AHL team records this year.

No less fair than any other method they will come up with if they trash the entire year. And yes, I know they will almost certainly just repeat what they did last time, and probably rig it so the stud goes to Toronto

JoeIsAStud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 08:08 AM
bruin10014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsHockey View Post
I am not going to blame Hutch for last night. If the D-Fence is going to be a bunch of cream puffs, other teams are going to drive the net and get open shots in front.

The second goal was a defenseman shot that went off a player and went to a Shark in front of the net and he scored.

The third goal was a great shot from in the circles that hit the crossbar and went in.

Our goalies set up for the first shot and have no idea what to do after the re-bound. The only goalies I know in the system eligable for Providence are Svedburg, Hutch, and Morrison.

Adam Morrison is 1-4-1 with a 3.79 in the ECHL.

Well Those same "cream-puffs" of a D-Fence as you called them managed to help get a shut-out last night with a actual decent goalie in net. Now I am not saying Svedberg is Rask or Thomas but he SHOULD be the full-time starter and Hutch only should see the ice in the middle game of a 3 in 3. The only game of the year that Svedberg has lost was when Providence was shut-out not giving him any support besides that he is 3-0 on the season and Hutch is 0-4 on the season now both playing with the same "CREAM-PUFF D-Fence" in front of them so maybe you can explain that?

bruin10014 is offline   Reply With Quote