HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Swiss Prospects

Old
11-03-2012, 11:56 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Andrighetto will get drafted this year... Could be something...

What ever happened to Martschini ?

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 12:21 AM
torero

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Andrighetto will get drafted this year... Could be something...

What ever happened to Martschini ?
Lino Martschini is playing presently with Zug in the NLA. I guess with his small size he has no chance in NA. But so far, with his 19yrs, 167cm hight, in 13 games he got 5 point (3,2).
He'll get a salary here. Around 100'000/year. (Salary is a taboo here ! no precise number)

torero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 12:44 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by torero View Post
Lino Martschini is playing presently with Zug in the NLA. I guess with his small size he has no chance in NA. But so far, with his 19yrs, 167cm hight, in 13 games he got 5 point (3,2).
He'll get a salary here. Around 100'000/year. (Salary is a taboo here ! no precise number)
Is he still 5:6 ?

I agree, he was way to small for the pro NA game, the Swiss league is perfect for him, he might become a solid euro player.

If he were bigger he'd have a shot at the NHL.

Old
11-04-2012, 02:06 AM
Sartorial
#RegisteredUser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS View Post
Was Murray's defense partner in the only Everett game I've seen, so playing a lot of minutes.

Looks like a guy who'll be a reasonably high pick in this year's draft - currently very lanky but will grow into his 6'4" frame. Looks fairly mobile with good footwork, solid outlet pass. Sort of a Martin Skoula type, would look to be a good bet to go in the first 3 rounds or so of the draft.
Yep, he was Murray's partner the game I saw him too. Shouldn't be starved for minutes.

Sartorial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 11:53 AM
duga

Quote:
Originally Posted by torero View Post
The Swiss young guns in NA are :
Sven Andrighetto ... Rouyn-Noranda, Huskies LHJMQ ... is doing pretty well. 19games 34 pts 4th presently.
Lukas Balmelli. ... Voltigeurs de Drummondville LHJMQ... not that successfull ... 17games 5pts
Richard Tanner .... Guelph Storm OHL ... not bad ... 12games 18pts
Alessio Bertaggia .... Brandon Wheat WHL ... also not bad ... 17games 19pts
Mirko Muller ... Everett Silvertipps WHL ... i don't know really how he is doing ... he is D ... 18games 8pts ... i guess that is not too bad.

And some went for Sweden (actually only 1), and many still stay at home. (mistake in my view but the 100% go to Canada is not yet fully in the pipe !! )
The fact is that in Switzerland, a good young player can play in the National League with the adults if he is good enough ! (Josi ... playing with the predators went through this path ! as soon as the NHL starts again ... he'll be the line-mate of Shea Weber ... so it is also a good alley of progress)

++

And about Brunner, he is a hell of a scorer, good hands ... will probably have a shot on the line with Zetterberg ... is already paired with him in Switzerland quite successfully (NHL Lockout) ... But being with Zetterberg makes you a better player as well.
Will he make it or not ??
Some of our great players never made it ... Andres Ambuhl, Roman Wick. Scoring in Olympics against Brodeur and passing beyond Pronger but where left in AHL ... 3rd line (on the same time ... same year ) and came back.
Last year Raphael Diaz made the jump to MTL and played straight in NHL without AHL conditioning !
on the Detroit Board they sum it up quite neatly. He might be massacred by the big NHL D's. Yet he is pretty fast. we will see ...
Wick and Ambühl are nowhere near Brunner...agree about the rest

duga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 01:55 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

What the deal with Brunner ?

How good is he ? And how good will he be ?

Old
11-05-2012, 02:01 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 355
I have really gotten interested in Swiss players since the Flames drafted Bartschi.

Id love to hear more about Brunner and what kind of player he is. All I know is he expected to play top-6 for the Wings.

Must be a playmaker/sniper then yes?

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 02:55 PM
chokei

Quote:
What the deal with Brunner ?

How good is he ? And how good will he be ?
Only time will tell. Brunner was a late bloomer and is 26 now, not among the very youngest anymore, but he's also better than ever before. I'd say if he makes it, he still can have 5+ good years in the NHL. There are several threads and articles on him to be found.

Brunner is a somewhat controversial person among Swiss hockey fans, but IMO mostly due to him being awesome on the ice. I guess that comes with the success, haters are never far away. Some might say he is an arrogant and sometimes whiny ass, others might say he is just going his way. He has a lot of confidence and seems to be very determined. He is also a bit of a cheeky monkey and thus makes plays on the ice that others wouldn't, which is a factor for his late success in the NLA.

He dominated the last season and was the first Swiss player to win the scoring title since 30 years, and he did that by an impressive margin. He had 60 points in 45 games, the next player was at 51pts in 49 games. He just made it look so easy, it was a treat to watch. He also played a good WC tournament, so the next logical step was to sign with an NHL team.

I would say too that Brunner is a step above Wick or Ambühl. They are good players on their own but they were never the dominant difference makers that Brunner is. He is clearly the best Swiss forward since a long time, and in the short future I can only see Sven Bärtschi (and hopefully Nino Niederreiter) being better than him.

chokei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 07:35 PM
torero

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
Wick and Ambühl are nowhere near Brunner...agree about the rest
I am not arguing on that ! I don't have the understanding to have my own opinion on that.
Yet they are good Swiss players, and when playing in AHL, they were, in my opinion, head and shoulders above most other players.

Wick had some games on the 1st line, with Bondra and other decent AHL players. He started scoring at the end of the year and came back (pity!)

Ambuhl was above the others but out of sync !

torero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 08:50 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Only time will tell. Brunner was a late bloomer and is 26 now, not among the very youngest anymore, but he's also better than ever before. I'd say if he makes it, he still can have 5+ good years in the NHL. There are several threads and articles on him to be found.

Brunner is a somewhat controversial person among Swiss hockey fans, but IMO mostly due to him being awesome on the ice. I guess that comes with the success, haters are never far away. Some might say he is an arrogant and sometimes whiny ass, others might say he is just going his way. He has a lot of confidence and seems to be very determined. He is also a bit of a cheeky monkey and thus makes plays on the ice that others wouldn't, which is a factor for his late success in the NLA.

He dominated the last season and was the first Swiss player to win the scoring title since 30 years, and he did that by an impressive margin. He had 60 points in 45 games, the next player was at 51pts in 49 games. He just made it look so easy, it was a treat to watch. He also played a good WC tournament, so the next logical step was to sign with an NHL team.

I would say too that Brunner is a step above Wick or Ambühl. They are good players on their own but they were never the dominant difference makers that Brunner is. He is clearly the best Swiss forward since a long time, and in the short future I can only see Sven Bärtschi (and hopefully Nino Niederreiter) being better than him.
So he could be a 25-25 player in the NHL with tricks and flair to spare ?

Old
11-06-2012, 12:53 AM
duga

Quote:

Spot on! Very precise analysis of his character. The combination of being swiss (and therefore having a swiss mentality) and quite weak physical built normally doesn't result in such wonderful packages like Brunner offers. His natural confidencelevel combined with his skills is really unique in swiss sports. and does e.g. gives him a true advantage over a guy like Wick, who's a nice guy with a nice skillset, but hasn't got that absolute mental desire to win or perform..

Last edited by duga: 11-06-2012 at 12:59 AM.
duga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 06:45 AM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Gregory Hoffmann is doing well in Davos. Carolina pick IIRC.

ficohok* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 09:05 AM
stv11
Global Moderator

Quote:
So he could be a 25-25 player in the NHL with tricks and flair to spare ?
I think Brunner's NHL success will mostly depend on how trusted by his coach he will be. He's a top 6 or bust kind of player, so he needs to be put in an offensive role.

On the other hand, he will have to learn to play a simpler game.

stv11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 09:15 AM
swissexpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannheim View Post
Gregory Hoffmann is doing well in Davos. Carolina pick IIRC.
This guy is amazing, look at the under-24 ranking of the NLA.
He's also younger than Seguin and the rest of this list. next best scorer at his age is Martschini with a third of his point totals!
http://www.eliteprospects.com/league...tion=&sort=u24

swissexpert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 02:19 PM
swisdan

Quote:

You can add Brunner has a very good work ethic. He trains lots of stuffs when the others are already under the shower. He is not only very talented but works on this.

swisdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 02:29 PM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissexpert View Post
This guy is amazing, look at the under-24 ranking of the NLA.
He's also younger than Seguin and the rest of this list. next best scorer at his age is Martschini with a third of his point totals!
http://www.eliteprospects.com/league...tion=&sort=u24
Just saw his highlights from this season. Looks like Carolina got very good player in 4th round. If I notice correct, most of his goal he scored not playing with Thornthon nor Nash, but with Steinmann and Sciaroni.

ficohok* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 04:15 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv11 View Post
I think Brunner's NHL success will mostly depend on how trusted by his coach he will be. He's a top 6 or bust kind of player, so he needs to be put in an offensive role.

On the other hand, he will have to learn to play a simpler game.
Babcock is a great coach, and he should be able to work wonders with Brunner, I'm not sure if he'll crack Detroit's top 6.

Old
11-07-2012, 04:51 AM
swissexpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannheim View Post
Just saw his highlights from this season. Looks like Carolina got very good player in 4th round. If I notice correct, most of his goal he scored not playing with Thornthon nor Nash, but with Steinmann and Sciaroni.
That's right, not exactly sure about the PP formations, though.

swissexpert is online now   Reply With Quote