HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

NHL 13 HUT Thread (Both Systems) - Part 7

Closed Thread

Old
11-05-2012, 11:55 AM
Viller

vCash: 500
You have to tell yourself this **** goes for both ways. And most situation your talking about should not happen in the first place.

Any breakaway or bad turnover into your defensive zone makes your goalie an instant vegetable. Thats what the game is about this year. Make 0 errors during the game and your goalie will most likely stop everything that comes his way.

Even an innoffensive turnover in the neutral zone can turn into a goal pretty easily.

Old
11-05-2012, 12:07 PM
Jesh18

If anyone wants kovalchuck on the ps3 mine is the only one up 4 120000 bid and 125000 bin so get it i wont be able to accept trades cause im away from my ps3 but if he deos not sell im willing to accept trades im looking 4 atleast 115000 pucks in value also if anyone wants jari kurri im willing to trade but i want a lot in return cause i like him on my first line with gaborik and gretzky my team name is vancity 1997

Last edited by Jesh18: 11-05-2012 at 12:20 PM.
Old
11-05-2012, 12:21 PM
David Krejci
STANLEY CUP CHAMPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
It's not a dead giveaway, I've had people bid on my cards instead of BIN. Example: Sharp 16950 BID and 17000 BIN. Guy bids, other BINs.

How are you getting these SOTW deals though? Dang. I've only once ever seen a solid steal up there, Kessel for 85k. And I missed it by half a second.
On the really expensive SOTW ones, it's pretty much, maybe not always, but a lot of the time, a dead giveaway. It's more likely that someone might only have around 16950, but if they've got 699,950 to bid, then they likely know how to be resourceful enough to either get the extra 50 pucks very quickly, or just have them in the first place. If you combine that, with looking at it and seeing that it has like 6 or 7 owners, with 0 games played, plus you can recognize the guys that do it. Power Play, Diable, Treyuall, TRADE WITH ME, DA TRAP, etc.

Getting the SOTW steals, I'm just getting lucky, man. I mean I've been spending most of my time when I've played the game looking for Zetterberg SOTW, but occasionally I'd look for Karlsson because I know he went for a lot, so I knew I could potentially make a killing if I found one for cheap. No Zetterbergs were popping up, I looked for Karlsson, and there he was, someone must've just put him up for an hour, there was like 58 minutes and 50 seconds left, to be honest I'm surprised he was up there for that long at that price.

Same thing with the Toews I got for 105, I was at the 1 hour mark of the regular cards, trying to get steals to build up my pucks to get Zetterberg, I only had like 130k, and I got bored there and checked the SOTWs, and there he was. I was like OMG OMG OMG lol.

I had actually bought a ton of trainings last month, all good stuff, for cheap, and was planning on using them next month in the playoffs, but earlier that day, I decided I wanted to just sell almost all of them off, because I wanted Zetterberg SOTW so I needed all the pucks I could get if I found one for a steal price, or if I found another SOTW for cheap that I could re-sell (like the Toews).

So I sold them, and made 40k that afternoon, and then that night is when I found the Toews. So if I didn't make that decision to sell those earlier that day, I would've probably been around 10k short of that Toews, and he'd have been gone by the time I got the pucks up to get him.

Old
11-05-2012, 12:32 PM
David Krejci
STANLEY CUP CHAMPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viller View Post
How do you guys get so many SOTW players? I dont have a single one and I have a stacked team. Do you ever play the game or just play the auction house?

edit: cant be packs right?
I spend a lot of time on the auction house, but I've played like 150 games. I'm just good at playing the market and I've gotten lucky and been in the right place at the right time. I had bought my whole team with the 450k pucks I earned in the first couple of weeks of the game being out, during that time I only played like 15 games, spent 90% of the time I was playing, on the market.

Then after I had the team I wanted, I stopped worrying about playing the market and played only games, spent some of my pucks on packs and got some decent stuff that I could sell, like Duchene (sold for 35k) and Suter (sold for 10k), and then I decided I was obviously going to want to upgrade my regular players I have to the SOTW versions when they come out, so I started spending a little bit more time looking for steals. Not nearly as much as before, but I'd look, and spend a couple minutes at a time or so looking, and built my pucks up to like 50k or so.

Then SOTW Zetterberg came out last Tuesday and I was like "Okay no more games, I HAVE to have that card", lol. And then I went back to spending all of my time looking for one of those/other steals to build up my pucks to get one. I even sold my regular Zetterberg because I wanted to be as ready as I could be to get a SOTW one if one came up, or just another big steal to then flip. I hadn't played any games up until last night, when I sold that Karlsson for 600k and got up to 775k, I was like "okay, I can play some games now, I have the pucks to get Z when one comes up."

So I put Legwand on my 4th line (he was a reserve), and moved Krejci from the 4th line to the 1st line, in place of where Zetterberg was, and inbetween Parise and Ryan, for the time until I get Zetterberg SOTW.

Old
11-05-2012, 12:37 PM
CIROfresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
3 for Tier III, 2 for Tier II and 1 for Tier I.

And I agree if your playoff sentiments. I had a good team and got blown out a couple games by people using stacked teams and scoring game-goals rather than hockey-goals. If that terminology makes sense at all.

I got bored with NHL 13 after the playoffs, might just play the market some for the foreseeable future until market values die down and I can build a top-down solid roster which actually competes with these star-studded ones.
Hey thanks... Ya i got SOTW's Varlomov and Streit.. what do you guys have the cards valued at?... does anyone have interest in these guys (xbox)

i'm thinking around 25-30K?.. but there all over the map in the auction house

Old
11-05-2012, 01:01 PM
Jesh18

Does anyone want sotw kessel ps3 also if anyone has datsyuk i have 700k pucks and good players to deal with on the ps3 also if anyone has crosby too

Old
11-05-2012, 01:31 PM
Harry Vee

Is there going to be another golden ticket thing like last month? Picked up a ticket last week. Hopefully I didn't waste pucks on it

Old
11-05-2012, 02:01 PM
CALudwig

Just got a SOTW Peverley for 8,500 I figure I can flip em for 12,500-15,000 and takers?
Or trade offers?

Old
11-05-2012, 02:17 PM
Beauner
Bye Bye Bylsma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Vee View Post
Is there going to be another golden ticket thing like last month? Picked up a ticket last week. Hopefully I didn't waste pucks on it
Ouch, your ticket is worthless now. The person claimed their 50k and sold it off.

Old
11-05-2012, 02:18 PM
robis1221

Omg i missed Spezza for 250, i would have got it but my internet is slow right now without a reason, i literally pressed bin and it just showed me that nothing happened, and a second later, of course, it was snatched. Ahh i hate my internet for this.

Old
11-05-2012, 02:23 PM
wKetch22
Pure Grime

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viller View Post
How do you guys get so many SOTW players? I dont have a single one and I have a stacked team. Do you ever play the game or just play the auction house?

edit: cant be packs right?
Ive played over 300 games

I feel like its a much better way to make pucks

As crazy as 300 games sound, im willing to bet 200 have been Rookie Tournament games where I am just half assing it and not really paying attention. For example I will start the game, and the load up a show on Netflix on my laptop, and just leave the game as it is. Most of the time the AI won't score on you through the whole period, and sometimes you will even find a certain "place" where the AI cant get the puck and they just stand there poking or trying to stick lift for 20 min haha. When the third period rolls around, I'll score a couple goals (because the Rookie Tourney is THAT easy) and then win the game, and make 600+ pucks

I pretty much always have a game running if I am in my room and not doing anything too important.

Working the market is overrated. Guys like HFuser David Krejci have gotten some insane steals, but personally speaking I haven't had much luck. Id rather spend an hour watching a show on Netflix and earning 600 pucks every 20 min, then having to watch the market where you might not get any great deals, and you might even make mistakes and overpay.

My method is slow but steady, but you wont make like 100k pucks in a day haha. More like 10k on a good day (I work the market too, between games I bid on change team cards and captain cards and I can make around 150 off each card by reselling, but this has become a pain since more people try to do this method now, and the price of them are dropping)

Old
11-05-2012, 02:24 PM
Harry Vee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedberg1 View Post
Ouch, your ticket is worthless now. The person claimed their 50k and sold it off.
Damn. Good on them i guess. Hopefully i can get like 15k for it. I got it for 17. I saw one go for 20k yesterday so there's still hope!

Old
11-05-2012, 02:41 PM
TherapyforGlencross
I'm the Man

So, would it be better to do themed lines, or team lines? I finally a good amount of pucks, so I think I'm going to start buying.

Also, does anyone have a website or something where it shows me what line combo's are the best? (I feel it was posted before)

Old
11-05-2012, 03:44 PM
RW8

Looking for SOTW Kessel on 360. There's one up now for 230k, the only one there, is that around the usual price?

Old
11-05-2012, 03:50 PM
deanerboy

Selling Wayne Gretzky 91 overall!

92 Skating!
98 Shot!
99 HANDS!!!

NO TRAINING!!!!

Selling on PS3, message if interested

Old
11-05-2012, 03:51 PM
4thlinegrinders

Selling Lemieux on ps3

Old
11-05-2012, 04:41 PM
hockeyboy4

i feel like theres not that many skilled RW

Old
11-05-2012, 04:59 PM
TheQuackAttack

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheQuackAttack View Post
Doing a Ps3 trading day. I've heard people request this, though i'm iffy on how much participation there will be. Decided to give it a shot. Listed below are the players involved. I appreciate every offer I get, even troll trades. Visually makes me feel better about myself.

All guys put up for 24 hours, team name JenNettles. Priced at 29950 or 30k BIN.

SOTW Brodeur* - Forgot to include in video
Away (Mighty Ducks)
Bieksa
Clowe
Hamhuis
Henrique
Home (Mighty Ducks)
E. Johnson
Lupul
Nuge
Radulov
Raymond
Raymond
M. Richards
Semin
Semin
Skinner
Skinner
Skinner + (7 game duration boost, 89 overall)
M. Staal
Stoll
Williams
Any who look at this in a few minutes, the guys will be up for 20 more minutes or so, but i'm going to be making the video sooner than that. A few minutes left to send trades, there's not many

Old
11-05-2012, 05:08 PM
CIROfresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyboy4 View Post
i feel like theres not that many skilled RW
No there's not.. my fav's are Iggy, Havlat, Jagr, and erat (been great 3rd liner defensive forward)

Old
11-05-2012, 05:10 PM
Milwaukee Beers85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Vee View Post
Damn. Good on them i guess. Hopefully i can get like 15k for it. I got it for 17. I saw one go for 20k yesterday so there's still hope!
Just after the day EA gave everyone their 50K, I picked one up for 10K thinking they would do another promo (or at least announce another promo in the future) with the golden tickets. I saw this post above and thought "how many people that have been playing since the beginning and have a huge stack of pucks are actually going to be playing this game by the time they announce another Golden Ticket promo (if they do at all)"? So I put it up on the AH for 20K and 25K BIN and literally within minutes someone just BIN'd it for 25K. So don't put the price too low, and if you're patient you may be able to get your pucks back and possibly make a profit.

Old
11-05-2012, 05:10 PM
RW8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW8 View Post
Looking for SOTW Kessel on 360. There's one up now for 230k, the only one there, is that around the usual price?
That's frustrating. I watched this guy's Kessel not sell twice at 230k so he puts it up for 250k.

Old
11-05-2012, 05:16 PM
Theron
#beauty

Send a message via ICQ to Theron Send a message via AIM to Theron Send a message via MSN to Theron Send a message via Yahoo to Theron Send a message via Skype™ to Theron
Traded the sotw Duchene I got for 75k straight up for a sotw Kessel then realized that he is lw . Got a lw-rw card and when I tried using it on him it wouldn't work. But when I search for rw in my collection the lw Kessel comes up... Im assuming ea changed it after they realized they goofed his position.

Also looking for a sotw giroux

Old
11-05-2012, 05:29 PM
deanerboy

Selling Gretzky, loooking for SOTW Kessel! PS3

Old
11-05-2012, 05:51 PM
Vikingstad
**** the King

looking to buy vanek for 5k, yandle for 6k

ps3

Old
11-05-2012, 06:00 PM
Latz

I haven't been able to find any deals for 3 days. I was at 65k pucks and got bored and bought some packs. Can't hit ****

Closed Thread