HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Evgeni Malkin

Closed Thread

Old
11-05-2012, 02:53 PM
bambamcam4ever

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystifo View Post
Kobe managed to lead the Lakers to a few championships without a supporting cast in his prime.
Yeah, he only had Bynum and Gasol.

Old
11-05-2012, 03:02 PM
MuffinMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violent By Design View Post
As a Pens fan (and a huge Malkin homer), these are the realistic requirements I would expect from a trade involving Geno. This is assuming he has informed the organization he wants out and is not willing to re-sign.

Young top pairing defenseman
Replacement 2nd line center
Blue chip prospect
1st

Examples

Pietrangelo
Oshie
Tarasenko
1st

OEL
Vermette
Gormley
1st

That being said, Geno goes nowhere and this thread is pointless.
Nicklas Backstrom
Orlov
Filip Forsberg
1st

Is that good?

Old
11-05-2012, 03:18 PM
Violent By Design

Quote:
Wait are we talking about a signed Malkin here? I assumed this thread was based upon what is next contract value would be? I mean if we are just talking about Malkin as a rental then I see him garnering something similar to what Kovi received. But if this is a signed long term then the sky is the limit.
Malkin on his current contract, if we could re-sign him there is no conversation in trading him. My hypothetical situation is one where they are negotiating an extension and Malkin wants out of the Burgh for whatever reason. Pittsburgh would obviously attempt to extend him well in advance of next season and if he discreetly told them he was no longer interested in playing in Pittsburgh and him wanting out wasn't made public they could still get a hefty package for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuffinMan View Post
Nicklas Backstrom
Orlov
Filip Forsberg
1st

Is that good?
No interest in trading Malkin to the east, especially to a rival with another world class player to play on his wing. If Malkin goes to Washington, Ovechkin comes back to Pittsburgh, so the idea is moot. Good value though.

Old
11-05-2012, 03:20 PM
Vladys Gumption

Quote:
As a Pens fan (and a huge Malkin homer), these are the realistic requirements I would expect from a trade involving Geno. This is assuming he has informed the organization he wants out and is not willing to re-sign.

Young top pairing defenseman
Replacement 2nd line center
Blue chip prospect
1st

Examples

Pietrangelo
Oshie
Tarasenko
1st

OEL
Vermette
Gormley
1st

That being said, Geno goes nowhere and this thread is pointless.
Well from a Blues perspective you can keep him then. There is no way he pulls all 4 of those pieces. Especially when he's going to test free agency and that's why he's being traded.

Old
11-05-2012, 03:25 PM
Violent By Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue247 View Post
Well from a Blues perspective you can keep him then. There is no way he pulls all 4 of those pieces. Especially when he's going to test free agency and that's why he's being traded.
Malkin wouldn't test free agency as a cash grab, Pittsburgh will give him whatever he wants as far as dollars and term goes. The only reason I can see him wanting out is to have his 'own' team. But it's already been made very apparent he has no problem sharing the spotlight with Sid and loves his current situation in the Burgh.

This thread is irrelevant however, you don't trade players like Malkin.

Old
11-05-2012, 03:26 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Kesler
Edler
Schneider(allows MAF to be traded elsewhere for additional help)
Kassian

Old
11-05-2012, 03:28 PM
MonsterSurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Kesler
Edler
Schneider(allows MAF to be traded elsewhere for additional help)
Kassian
Fleury isn't going to be traded. I personally think the Penguins need some sort of power forward like Kassian.

Old
11-05-2012, 05:21 PM
Vladys Gumption

Quote:
Malkin wouldn't test free agency as a cash grab, Pittsburgh will give him whatever he wants as far as dollars and term goes. The only reason I can see him wanting out is to have his 'own' team. But it's already been made very apparent he has no problem sharing the spotlight with Sid and loves his current situation in the Burgh.

This thread is irrelevant however, you don't trade players like Malkin.
I agree. It's just that IF he would be traded, he would still technically be a rental. To be honest I wouldn't give up Pietrangelo for him. He's just too darn important to the team. We can't replace him. If he were signed, I would give up the other three pieces in a heartbeat, plus some more. But i guess it's a moot point anyway.

Old
11-05-2012, 09:21 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstad101 View Post
In trade? I won't put names down because I don't see how any team can really afford to sell enough to pry Malkin from Pittsburg.

So 1st line RW capable of 30 goals, 2nd line center capable of 60 points, top 4 Dman capable of 20 minutes a night and Top Prospect ready to break into NHL.

Going by this from my own fav team, Kesler, Burrows, Edler and Kassian.
After considering cap, Pits would have to send some salary and lesser replacement players back.
That is what you would want but PIT would never get that type of deal as it would leave the other team with nothing. EDM could offer. You are not going to get what you are looking for though. You will get a good established player and then prospects and picks that will fill it out.

Old
11-05-2012, 09:53 PM
Sacul

From the Oilers

RNH
Jeff Petry
1st round pick 2013, 2014
2nd round pick 2013

Old
11-06-2012, 02:04 AM
JoemAvs

vCash: 250
Quote:
Kobe managed to lead the Lakers to a few championships without a supporting cast in his prime.

Wait are we talking about a signed Malkin here? I assumed this thread was based upon what is next contract value would be? I mean if we are just talking about Malkin as a rental then I see him garnering something similar to what Kovi received. But if this is a signed long term then the sky is the limit.
First of all: Ouch. Kobe is probably the luckiest guy ever when it comes to teammates. He never won anything without having the best front court besides him. Give Garnett, Duncan or Dirk the equivalent of his teammates and Duncan tops Russell and Garnett and Dirk are close to or have even more than 5 rings ( Kobe s ego cost him a few rings)

Secondly: Malkin will never return those crazy packages. He simply is not going to go for Pietrangelo,Oshie,Tarasenko and a 1st.

No player in the league is worth that. And no player will fetch it.

The only reason anyone would trade Malkin is if there are some issues with him. Namely if he wants out or too rich of a contract ( aka he would bolt). If that happens, you are gonna get a great return but not some crazy package which includes 3 cornerstone pieces.

It would probably be one top dman ( a step below Pietrangelo) + futures(1st + decent prospect)

Old
11-06-2012, 09:56 AM
patrick

Would be smart for the Isles

To have him as as the cornerstone in heavily Russian populated Brooklyn.

Hamonic, Martin, Moulson, Nelson and 2 first round picks might be fair.

Old
11-06-2012, 09:59 AM
CreeksideStrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyRabbit View Post

Burrows has averaged 30 goals over the past four seasons, not to mention he'd be playing with Crosby who is much more skilled than the Sedins.

Kesler is EASILY a 60 point player (he's averaged 65 points the past four seasons), where are you getting 40 points from? Even last year when he didn't play a full season and was coming off an injury he got 50 points.

And in what world is Edler a #4 d-man?

Finally, Kassian is not a mid-level prospect. He's not a top 25 prospect in the league but he's definitely a top prospect.

Anyway i'm not going to let you de-rail this thread with your shameless (and obviously uninformed) Canuck hate.

I think that Kesler, Edler, Burrows + Kassian would be a decent proposal for Malkin, as the Penguins would be receiving a great #2 center to play behind Crosby, who can replace the Selke level defense of Jordan Staal, a top pairing defencemen who will fit nicely on the PP with Letang on the back end, a player capable of playing on the 1st line and putting up 30 goals (think of a clutch version of Chris Kunitz), and a top prospect in Kassian who's ready to step into the NHL very shortly.

That being said, this is ONLY if he demands a trade. Otherwise Pittsburgh keeps him and signs him to whatever contract he asks for.

Even then, i'm thinking there could be more appealing trades out there, such as the Stamkos + Hedman offer (if Tampa fans are actually on board with it). Crosby and Stamkos together would be terrifying.
I think it's a bad proposal for Malkin. . . not as bad as the Sens fan's MandyAlwaysKnows. . . but still worse than most others.

Old
11-06-2012, 11:31 AM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
From the Oilers

RNH
Jeff Petry
1st round pick 2013, 2014
2nd round pick 2013
I love RNH but I am not trading him and that much for Malkin, RNH is going to be an 80-90 poinnt player so I am not giving up that much for a few extra points. Would I love to have Malkin of course but I would trade away one of our wingers and Gagner in a package. What about Eberle, Gagner, prospect or something like that for Malkin. Pitts gets a legit number 2C and a legit top winger, that is pretty hard to turn down.

Old
11-06-2012, 11:36 AM
ds246pit

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
I love RNH but I am not trading him and that much for Malkin, RNH is going to be an 80-90 poinnt player so I am not giving up that much for a few extra points. Would I love to have Malkin of course but I would trade away one of our wingers and Gagner in a package. What about Eberle, Gagner, prospect or something like that for Malkin. Pitts gets a legit number 2C and a legit top winger, that is pretty hard to turn down.
Actually it is rather simple to turn down. What has RNH done in the NHL to warrant his difference from Malkin equaling "a few extra points"? Basically this offer is 3 first round picks and a defenseman for Malkin. Considering the Penguins are trying to win now there is nothing in this trade that would make the Pens even look twice.

Old
11-06-2012, 12:20 PM
Choralone

vCash: 100
Kings fan here. We'll trade you Jimmy Carson, Martin Gelinas, $15 million in cash, and 3 first-round draft picks.

Old
11-06-2012, 06:11 PM
Human
cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick View Post
To have him as as the cornerstone in heavily Russian populated Brooklyn.

Hamonic, Martin, Moulson, Nelson and 2 first round picks might be fair.
it starts with Tavares and then you add...

Old
11-06-2012, 10:29 PM
billybudd
5 Mike Rupps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choralone View Post
Kings fan here. We'll trade you Jimmy Carson, Martin Gelinas, $15 million in cash, and 3 first-round draft picks.
Nicely done

Old
11-07-2012, 12:01 PM
Anderson55

Keep dreaming leaf fans, Staal was traded for a reason

Old
11-10-2012, 11:47 AM
Dharvey33

Halak Ryder Higgins 2nd

Best we could do you probably be Plekanec Paciorretty Subban 1st would Pitts do it? No They have Neal similar to Paciorretty and Letang better than Subban at this point.

Old
11-10-2012, 12:22 PM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
Captain Tavares

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Human View Post
it starts with Tavares and then you add...
No to both proposals, we aren't giving up assets just so the guy can walk. In no way is there a scenario in which the Isles get Malkin by trade.

Old
11-10-2012, 01:33 PM
Bernier the Boats
Formerly BBurke

You can have the entire Leafs roster. Seriously.

Old
11-10-2012, 01:38 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
There's no offer in the league that we'd take that's realistic.

Old
11-11-2012, 05:23 AM
SillyRabbit
Trix Are For Kids

vCash: 1250
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreeksideStrangler View Post
I think it's a bad proposal for Malkin. . . not as bad as the Sens fan's MandyAlwaysKnows. . . but still worse than most others.
Did you not read the rest of the post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyRabbit
Even then, i'm thinking there could be more appealing trades out there, such as the Stamkos + Hedman offer (if Tampa fans are actually on board with it). Crosby and Stamkos together would be terrifying.

Old
11-11-2012, 06:34 AM
Inconceivable

Kadri, lupul, gunnarrson, Finn, Biggs, colborne, frattin, 2014 1st, 2nd, 2015 1st. Deal?

Closed Thread