HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Which QMJHL team has surprised you?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-05-2012, 04:02 PM
  #1
grahamgill31450
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 40
vCash: 500
Which QMJHL team has surprised you?

Which QMJHL team has surprised you the most this season?

The Rouyn-Noranda Huskies (27 PTS) have come out of no where to challange for the lead in the west - a division most thought would be the most one sided.

The PEI Rocket (23 PTS) are second in the Maritimes after finishing dead last the year before.

The Baie-Comeau Drakkar (24 PTS). All they've done is win big, important games. The signing of Petr Straka has definatly helped.

Is there someone I'm missing?


Last edited by grahamgill31450: 11-06-2012 at 04:59 PM.
grahamgill31450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 04:05 PM
  #2
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by grahamgill31450 View Post
Which QMJHL team has surprised you the most this season?

The Rouyn-Noranda Huskies (27 PTS) have come out of no where to challange for the lead in the west - a division most thought would be the most one sided.

The PEI Rocket (23 PTS) are second in the Maritimes after finishing dead last the year before.

The Baie-Comeau Drakkar (24 PTS). All they've done is win big, important games. The signing of Petr Straka has definatly helped.

Is there someone I'm missing?
He was acquired from Rimouski for 3rd and 6th round picks.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 04:07 PM
  #3
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,958
vCash: 500
Rouyn-Noranda and PEI have impressed me the most in good ways. I think we'll begin to see PEI slow down though, they already kind of have. Gatineau has been another surprise too. Didn't think we'd see them near the bottom, even without Steeves.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 05:02 PM
  #4
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,174
vCash: 500
Why was Straka traded ?

Rouyn is the biggest surprise for me.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 07:12 PM
  #5
VanNistelrooy
Registered User
 
VanNistelrooy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Habs Land
Posts: 2,496
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Why was Straka traded ?
Rimouski already had 2 euros, are rebuilding.

I also vote for Rouyn.

VanNistelrooy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 07:38 PM
  #6
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanNistelrooy View Post
Rimouski already had 2 euros, are rebuilding.

I also vote for Rouyn.
So basically it was just because of their youth movement, isn't Straka an OA ?

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 07:54 PM
  #7
Lucky Luke
Registered User
 
Lucky Luke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by grahamgill31450 View Post
Which QMJHL team has surprised you?
The Gatineau Olympiques, albeit not in a good way.

Lucky Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 08:01 PM
  #8
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
So basically it was just because of their youth movement, isn't Straka an OA ?
Yes he 20 years old as well. Rimouski drafted 2 solid euros and already had 3 20's. I think he benefited from a change in scenery also, it was time to go somewhere else as his play was regressing or at a halt in Rimouski. He's been a solid addition to BC and didn't cost much in terms of assets.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 09:35 PM
  #9
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
Yes he 20 years old as well. Rimouski drafted 2 solid euros and already had 3 20's. I think he benefited from a change in scenery also, it was time to go somewhere else as his play was regressing or at a halt in Rimouski. He's been a solid addition to BC and didn't cost much in terms of assets.
So that's why he didn't go pro ?

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 10:48 PM
  #10
RJQuack
Registered User
 
RJQuack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,608
vCash: 500
Bathurst. They were supposed to be holding the parade tomorrow but are a dismal 8-12

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 09:37 AM
  #11
Izzy
Moderator
FollowmeonInstagram!
 
Izzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,014
vCash: 270
PEI... Who would have guessed they would have jumped up that far from last year.

Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 10:34 AM
  #12
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
So that's why he didn't go pro ?
I don't think he had an option to go pro. He was drafted in 2010 by Columbus but his play seemed to come to a halt or regressed in Rimouski after scoring 64 points in his rookie campaigne. So Columbus didn't offer him a contract. During a "normal" season, he may have been offered an AHL contract or trryout but since it's so competitive because of the lockout , he wasn't.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 10:36 AM
  #13
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fst6 View Post
PEI... Who would have guessed they would have jumped up that far from last year.
They had a dynamite start but their play is starting to slow down as of late. I wish them the best cause their fans certainly deserve it but I didn't think they'd be able to keep up at that pace.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 12:46 PM
  #14
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
I don't think he had an option to go pro. He was drafted in 2010 by Columbus but his play seemed to come to a halt or regressed in Rimouski after scoring 64 points in his rookie campaigne. So Columbus didn't offer him a contract. During a "normal" season, he may have been offered an AHL contract or trryout but since it's so competitive because of the lockout , he wasn't.
Okay, makes sense, his game will improve more here, and it's good that he's getting the opportunity to lead a team.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:03 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.