HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT Thread Part V: Locks, *****, Fox, and Box And Two Smoking Barrels Edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-05-2012, 07:07 PM
  #826
Problematique
Registered User
 
Problematique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 421
vCash: 500
Can anybody hook up an Aussie brah with a free HQ stream for Knicks games? Seems like the Live 24/7 tip won't work anymore.

Problematique is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 07:09 PM
  #827
Cresto
In the pantry
 
Cresto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,208
vCash: 500
How much do you weigh now right now silver? Sorry, I forgot your name.

Cresto is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 07:09 PM
  #828
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Problematique View Post
Can anybody hook up an Aussie brah with a free HQ stream for Knicks games? Seems like the Live 24/7 tip won't work anymore.
http://www.vipboxsports.eu/basketbal...am-online.html

Warning: May contain inappropriate advertisements.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 07:12 PM
  #829
Cresto
In the pantry
 
Cresto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,208
vCash: 500
I lost 3 KG from eating tofu funny little thing. I'm at Around 168 ATM. Trying to get down to 145. Bought two more boxes of tofu, eggs and bread. My diet is exciting

Cresto is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 07:12 PM
  #830
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
I think we're a couple of the few lucky ones who have the privilege of needing to gain weight, not lose weight

Might as well take advantage?
I didn't gain any weight, but my body fat % fell 3% in two months of working out.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 07:15 PM
  #831
The Perfect Paradox
Registered User
 
The Perfect Paradox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,527
vCash: 500
Anybody else excited for Halo 4 tomorrow? I was considering going to a midnight release as Halo is one of the few video game series I follow religiously. I think I'm just going to swing by Best Buy or Gamestop after work tomorrow and pick up a copy.

The Perfect Paradox is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 07:16 PM
  #832
silverfish
Mr. Glass
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 15,654
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
How much do you weigh now right now silver? Sorry, I forgot your name.
All good! I don't know if I've ever even posted my name (but believe me, it's easy enough to find if you're that curious )

Weighed in at 144 lbs today after dinner. Before I started working out I was fluctuating anywhere from 135-137.5. So progress, but not as much as I'd like. But to get to where I'd like to be I really need to up both my workouts and my protein intake. I know that, I just haven't done it yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Henrik 30 View Post
Anybody else excited for Halo 4 tomorrow? I was considering going to a midnight release as Halo is one of the few video game series I follow religiously. I think I'm just going to swing by Best Buy or Gamestop after work tomorrow and pick up a copy.
I used to be a Halo guy, but I've moved on to Call of Duty.

silverfish is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 07:30 PM
  #833
The Perfect Paradox
Registered User
 
The Perfect Paradox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,527
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
I used to be a Halo guy, but I've moved on to Call of Duty.
If you stopped playing the series after Reach, I don't blame you. That game was definitely a disappointment compared to the rest of the series. Hopefully 343 Industries will revive the series with this game.

I play COD as well, but have never enjoyed the series as much as Halo 1-3. Do you plan on buying the new Black Ops? I'm hesitant about buying Black Ops II as I was pretty disappointed with the first version's game play; besides, there's so much to do on MW3 that I feel like I have barely scratched the surface of what the game has to offer. First world problems

The Perfect Paradox is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 07:39 PM
  #834
silverfish
Mr. Glass
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 15,654
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Henrik 30 View Post
If you stopped playing the series after Reach, I don't blame you. That game was definitely a disappointment compared to the rest of the series. Hopefully 343 Industries will revive the series with this game.

I play COD as well, but have never enjoyed the series as much as Halo 1-3. Do you plan on buying the new Black Ops? I'm hesitant about buying Black Ops II as I was pretty disappointed with the first version's game play; besides, there's so much to do on MW3 that I feel like I have barely scratched the surface of what the game has to offer. First world problems
I did stop playing after Reach! I had Reach, and then CoD Black Ops came out so I gave that a go and couldn't stop playing.

I already have BO2 pre-ordered, but I'm not super-excited for it. The whole "futuristic" setting, even if it is only 13 years in the future, turns me off a bit. A lot of people I know hated MW3, which I always felt was unwarranted, I actually liked it better than Black Ops.

silverfish is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 07:48 PM
  #835
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,192
vCash: 476
I don't really like CoD or Halo. I like BF/MoH. It gives me more realism i guess? Those ones make me feel right in the warzone.

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 08:47 PM
  #836
Ryan McDonut
McD for Captain
 
Ryan McDonut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 3,639
vCash: 500
new skyrim dlc looks sweet. i may get it and start playing again

Ryan McDonut is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 07:47 AM
  #837
blue425
Registered User
 
blue425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 2,274
vCash: 500
Dear N train,

You are missed. Please get better soon so I can resume taking you to work.

Sincerely,
Someone who is lucky post storm that N train service is his only problem.

blue425 is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 07:52 AM
  #838
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
I envy your size, sir.

What gets rid of those? Cardio?
Cardio supposedly gets rid of them as it just burns more fat. But you can't spot reduce and my stomach/abs are the most stubborn part of my body. I've lost just under 100 pounds in the last three years, yet I still have slight, yet very noticeable love handles.

Clowes Line is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 07:54 AM
  #839
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Went to the midnight release of Halo 4. Was up till 3 in the morning playing. It feels so good to have Halo back!

Clowes Line is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 08:00 AM
  #840
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
I'm so pissed that I turn 18 in two months. Two months too late. Now I must wait another four god damn years...

Clowes Line is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 09:00 AM
  #841
blue425
Registered User
 
blue425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 2,274
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreiders Underwear View Post
I'm so pissed that I turn 18 in two months. Two months too late. Now I must wait another four god damn years...
It is around election I actually wish I lived in a state where my vote counted for something. Whether I vote or not NY is going to be a blue state.

blue425 is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 09:18 AM
  #842
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 23,726
vCash: 910
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue425 View Post
It is around election I actually wish I lived in a state where my vote counted for something. Whether I vote or not NY is going to be a blue state.
There are always down ballot races and ballot initiatives to vote on. Even if you don't impact the presidential race, your vote still matters.

__________________

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 09:20 AM
  #843
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 46,728
vCash: 50
I think I'm gonna go vote.

__________________
"New day, new hope. Richards Buyout 2014". -Ail
Bob Richards is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 09:29 AM
  #844
silverfish
Mr. Glass
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 15,654
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreiders Underwear View Post
Cardio supposedly gets rid of them as it just burns more fat. But you can't spot reduce and my stomach/abs are the most stubborn part of my body. I've lost just under 100 pounds in the last three years, yet I still have slight, yet very noticeable love handles.
That's true, well keep working at it! I'm sure it's not as bad as you think it is though.

The other day my friends and I had to actually convince another one of our friends not to vote. Dude told us he walked in the room while his parents were watching the VP debate and had no idea who Biden was

I understand that everyone has the right to vote when they're 18, but you should at least have SOME education on the matters before you can vote. It's a flawed system all around IMHO.

My prediction: Obama takes it down, pretty easily for that matter regardless of what the polling says. 2016 I think we'll be seeing a Christie/Rubio ticket from the Republicans and they'll win it that year. Unless Hill-dog decides to run, she could probably manhandle the election that year.

silverfish is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 09:31 AM
  #845
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
All good! I don't know if I've ever even posted my name (but believe me, it's easy enough to find if you're that curious )

Weighed in at 144 lbs today after dinner. Before I started working out I was fluctuating anywhere from 135-137.5. So progress, but not as much as I'd like. But to get to where I'd like to be I really need to up both my workouts and my protein intake. I know that, I just haven't done it yet
How often do you work out your legs? Also, see the below as full-body exercises are a great way to stay proportional.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreiders Underwear View Post
Cardio supposedly gets rid of them as it just burns more fat. But you can't spot reduce and my stomach/abs are the most stubborn part of my body. I've lost just under 100 pounds in the last three years, yet I still have slight, yet very noticeable love handles.

Have you tried doing more leg and full body exercises? Deadlifts, squats, clean and jerks, clusters, thrusters, etc. Kettle bell swings will help as well. Anything where you have to get your hips involved will do wonders for you.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 09:31 AM
  #846
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue425 View Post
It is around election I actually wish I lived in a state where my vote counted for something. Whether I vote or not NY is going to be a blue state.
That's not what I mean though. Just the idea of voting is something to cherish and to be able to vote in this election would be awesome. Guess I'll just have to wait until 2016.

Clowes Line is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 09:33 AM
  #847
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
That's true, well keep working at it! I'm sure it's not as bad as you think it is though.

The other day my friends and I had to actually convince another one of our friends not to vote. Dude told us he walked in the room while his parents were watching the VP debate and had no idea who Biden was

I understand that everyone has the right to vote when they're 18, but you should at least have SOME education on the matters before you can vote. It's a flawed system all around IMHO.

My prediction: Obama takes it down, pretty easily for that matter regardless of what the polling says. 2016 I think we'll be seeing a Christie/Rubio ticket from the Republicans and they'll win it that year. Unless Hill-dog decides to run, she could probably manhandle the election that year.
Never heard her referred to as that

Clowes Line is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 09:35 AM
  #848
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Have you tried doing more leg and full body exercises? Deadlifts, squats, clean and jerks, clusters, thrusters, etc. Kettle bell swings will help as well. Anything where you have to get your hips involved will do wonders for you.
No, I haven't. All I've done is crunches, supermans, alternating planks, and Russian Twists. I'm one of those people who thinks they're getting a valuable workout when they really aren't. I am in dire need of a personal trainer

Clowes Line is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 09:36 AM
  #849
silverfish
Mr. Glass
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 15,654
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
How often do you work out your legs? Also, see the below as full-body exercises are a great way to stay proportional.

Have you tried doing more leg and full body exercises? Deadlifts, squats, clean and jerks, clusters, thrusters, etc. Kettle bell swings will help as well. Anything where you have to get your hips involved will do wonders for you.
I should really be putting "work-out" in quotation marks when I type it. I only use the dumbbells I have at home which is a set of 15lbs and a set of 25lbs. I do calf raises M/W/F and dumbbell squats T/Th. I have crazy chicken leg syndrome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreiders Underwear View Post
Never heard her referred to as that
South Park is an amazing thing...


silverfish is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 09:47 AM
  #850
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope
 
EvilCorporateLawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 74,649
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue425 View Post
It is around election I actually wish I lived in a state where my vote counted for something. Whether I vote or not NY is going to be a blue state.
It's why we need to go to the popular vote.

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
"Used to be only Twinkies and cockroaches could survive a nuke. I'd add Habs to that. I'm convinced the CH stands for Club du Hypocrisy." - Gee Wally
EvilCorporateLawyer is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:08 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.