HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

just a thought...

Old
11-05-2012, 09:11 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nds90 View Post
Agreed. The Hawks don't necessarily have to make big moves right now with the prospects we have. A lot of teams would kill to have our depth in the system
they should start bringing guys who are ready up, though. i don't want another season with the roster clogged up by aging guys, a couple of years (or less) from retirement, who skate at a glacial speed.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 09:13 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 400
I want to see Morin with club if Saad isn't ready

Of course by the time NHL comes back in 2014 both should be ready

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 09:21 PM
TwistedWrister90

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
they should start bringing guys who are ready up, though. i don't want another season with the roster clogged up by aging guys, a couple of years (or less) from retirement, who skate at a glacial speed.
I agree. Who do you think they should bring up? I'm a big fan of Pirri, especially if Kane is gonna stay at RW. Pirri has a nice shot, good hands, speed, playmaking ability, etc. Put him with Hossa and Sharp as he works on his D

Then put Saad with Toews and Kane. A power forward with good size and net presence

Saad Toews Kane
Sharp Pirri Hossa

TwistedWrister90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 09:26 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Pirri. Morin looks good, no? Saad? Hayes?

They should try to integrate people this year when we have more breathing room in a weakened division.

Old
11-05-2012, 09:28 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Pirri. Morin looks good, no? Saad? Hayes?

They should try to integrate people this year when we have more breathing room in a weakened division.
Integrate into what?

There wont be an NHL season

Old
11-05-2012, 10:00 PM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

I don't necessarily want Brouwer back, but letting him and Kopecky go when they both provided over 2min/G on the power play was a mistake. Those were the only two guys that did the dirty work of distracting the defense and blinding the goaltender, we definitely missed them last year.

deytookerjaabs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 10:03 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

^
Kopecky was bigger loss

Pecker would be in front of net taking abuse everytime we stuck him out there. Brouwer refused to take that punishment

I miss Pecker

Old
11-06-2012, 01:42 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

I'm pretty sure Bowman won't bring back those guys and won't add a player with this kind of salary.

Btw, other than Kopy they aren't overpaid. That's what you have to pay for players like this

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 02:21 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
^
Kopecky was bigger loss

Pecker would be in front of net taking abuse everytime we stuck him out there. Brouwer refused to take that punishment

I miss Pecker
Said it for months, letting Kopecky go and for so little was a terrible move.

He was big and tough, played well in front of the net on the PP, had good chemistry with Hossa, could play C or on the W and just a solid smart hockey player. The Hawks miss him.

Sir Psycho T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 09:44 AM
hockeydoug

4 years and 12 million was way too rich for my blood. Great 4th line player to plug into a hole for a couple games but not somebody to use more than 11 minutes a game for more than a few in a row in my opinion. I don't think he'll play close to his current contract, but he certainly earned his last one. My only concern about losing him was how Hossa would feel about it.

hockeydoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 11:23 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
Said it for months, letting Kopecky go and for so little was a terrible move.

He was big and tough, played well in front of the net on the PP, had good chemistry with Hossa, could play C or on the W and just a solid smart hockey player. The Hawks miss him.
Did you see his contract with FLA? He wasn't viable coming back as he was UFA coming off career year

Old
11-06-2012, 11:33 AM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
I'm certainly not going to stand in the way of anyone taking a shot at Bowman, batter up, but there was nothing we could do RE: Kopecky. He was gonna get paid.

However, we certainly could have and should have replaced him by now.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 12:56 PM
Hawkaholic

Brouwer and Kopecky got far too much money for what they did for us.

Hopefully a comination of Morin, Beach, or Jayes can fill their roles over the next couple years.

Hawkaholic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 03:45 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Kopy got too much money. simple as that

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 06:01 PM
BobbyJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeydoug View Post
4 years and 12 million was way too rich for my blood. Great 4th line player to plug into a hole for a couple games but not somebody to use more than 11 minutes a game for more than a few in a row in my opinion. I don't think he'll play close to his current contract, but he certainly earned his last one. My only concern about losing him was how Hossa would feel about it.
Agreed, and I don't think Hossa has any problem with him gone. He simply did not have the talent to play top 6 here. I loved his spirit however. We need more of that will and drive; hopefully, going forward from the likes of one or more of Morin, Beach, Saad, Shaw, Hayes(2), Flick, McNeil, Denault.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 06:07 PM
CPHawksFan
That's Hockey Baby!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
I'm certainly not going to stand in the way of anyone taking a shot at Bowman, batter up, but there was nothing we could do RE: Kopecky. He was gonna get paid.

However, we certainly could have and should have replaced him by now.
Shaw...maybe to a lesser extent.

Last edited by CPHawksFan: 11-06-2012 at 06:16 PM.
CPHawksFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 10:31 PM
hockeydoug

I don't trust the prospect pool to produce that much but I do expect a couple of them to carry good value in cap terms on their next contracts or on the trade front, one way or the other I think they'll make the roster stronger. I'm expecting more of their positive contributions to be indirect the next year or two. Hopefully one emerges as a solid two-way top 9 forward.

Old
11-06-2012, 10:46 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
I don't trust the prospect pool to produce that much but I do expect a couple of them to carry good value in cap terms on their next contracts or on the trade front, one way or the other I think they'll make the roster stronger. I'm expecting more of their positive contributions to be indirect the next year or two. Hopefully one emerges as a solid two-way top 9 forward.
We have a really good prospect pool - and have, from what i can tell, more nhl-worthy prospects than can play on the team. i'd like to see the team start moving people up or out...i don't mean just cutting people loose or anything like that. but for some of the more skilled players - it's better to start looking at whether they have value for us now or can get us value than leaving them in the AHL until they're 23-4+, etc.

One thing about the lockout if i've spent more time paying more detailed attention to our prospects - and they make me happy!

Old
11-07-2012, 09:33 AM
hockeydoug

Quote:
We have a really good prospect pool - and have, from what i can tell, more nhl-worthy prospects than can play on the team. i'd like to see the team start moving people up or out...i don't mean just cutting people loose or anything like that. but for some of the more skilled players - it's better to start looking at whether they have value for us now or can get us value than leaving them in the AHL until they're 23-4+, etc.

One thing about the lockout if i've spent more time paying more detailed attention to our prospects - and they make me happy!
I really like the prospect pool and I agree with your thoughts on the pool. I would like to see them start moving some of them out as well. Similar to 2006, I really like the group, but certainly not sure about any of the individuals. I don't think any should be considered untouchable.

While I'm not a big fan of projecting individuals to accomplish certain things on this Hawks' roster, I'm a big fan of the quantity that looks like they could contribute at the NHL level. I think the best part about the pool is that so many will be pushing the bottom pair and bottom 6 for ice time and that should raise quality of play up significantly even if the skill falls short of expectations (as prospect projections often do).

Speaking of Brouwer and Kopecky, I'm glad the Hawks finally have some bigger bodies and bodies that play a little bigger ready to fight for ice time the next few years.

Old
11-13-2012, 08:00 AM
ovenbaked

Burish was really good for the locker room. We should get him back too

ovenbaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 09:23 AM
hockeydoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovenbaked View Post
Burish was really good for the locker room. We should get him back too
1.85 x 4 is reason enough to completely forget about him.

Zito will be invited to every Burish Christmas party after the last 2 contracts he signed.

Old
11-13-2012, 10:29 AM
xX Hot Fuss

If the PP is going to live and die with Kopecky, then we have big problems. There's no reason that Toews, Kane, Sharp, Hossa, Keith, Seabrook, Leddy, and Bolland should be enough (personel wise) to have an outstanding powerplay.

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 11:50 AM
Sevanston

Quote:
1.85 x 4 is reason enough to completely forget about him.

Zito will be invited to every Burish Christmas party after the last 2 contracts he signed.
Fans and GMs hate him, but players love him.

Burish is a perfect example of why.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2012, 02:57 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
If the PP is going to live and die with Kopecky, then we have big problems. There's no reason that Toews, Kane, Sharp, Hossa, Keith, Seabrook, Leddy, and Bolland should be enough (personel wise) to have an outstanding powerplay.
You need guys like Kopecky to take the punishment in front and screen goalie

All the guys you listed outside of Bolland are skill guys ,, Not guys who can go to net and take the abuse

Bolland could play that way but given his back history it wouldn't be wise

Old
11-13-2012, 03:51 PM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
Since the title is "just a thought", what about trying Seabrook in front of the net? He has good hands, great toughness, good size. The team has plenty of D-men for the PP.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote