HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > NHL Draft - Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Draft - Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Peter Holland vs Nazem Kadri

Closed Thread

Old
11-05-2012, 11:03 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPunch View Post
I really don't see anything more than a decent 3rd liner in Holland, but if you say so.
A decent 3rd liner who is out-producing Kadri at the AHL level. What does that make Nazem?

And... Kadri is shaking up their PP? Really? I think you're overrating him just a tad. If Fowler, Getzlaf, Ryan, Perry, and eventually Vatanen can't get it done, you think Kadri is going to turn it around? That's a bit of a reach, don't you think?

Old
11-05-2012, 11:06 PM
bruinsfan46

vCash: 500
Holland has a better career PPG in the AHL and has better physical tools suited for the NHL, he's also had a year less of pro hockey. Holland is just better, Kadri has done very little to warrant holding on to over Holland if ever given the chance.

Old
11-05-2012, 11:09 PM
Leafidelity
Its that new Toronto

vCash: 1775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
A decent 3rd liner who is out-producing Kadri at the AHL level. What does that make Nazem?

And... Kadri is shaking up their PP? Really? I think you're overrating him just a tad. If Fowler, Getzlaf, Ryan, Perry, and eventually Vatanen can't get it done, you think Kadri is going to turn it around? That's a bit of a reach, don't you think?
You're touting Holland outproducing Kadri after 10 games and I'm reaching? I don't know why you named a bunch of players who have proven to make up a lackluster PP unit as if they'll turn it around on skill and pedigree alone. You know what they about say doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

If Kadri can boost your PP to mediocre at best then he's probably doing more towards winning than anything a bit more physicality would provide.

Old
11-05-2012, 11:13 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
You're touting Holland outproducing Kadri after 10 games and I'm reaching? I don't know why you named a bunch of players who have proven to make up a lackluster PP unit as if they'll turn it around on skill and pedigree alone. You know what they about say doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

If Kadri can boast your PP to mediocre at best then he's probably doing more towards winning than anything a bit more physicality would provide.
No, I'm touting Holland as looking better in the AHL period. Kadri might have been developmentally ahead of Holland two years ago, but now? Not so much.

Uhm... those players don't all make up a lackluster PP unit. That's what Anaheim's PP will look like in the future, and every one of them is better than Kadri. Not to mention they'll get the job done at even strength too.

Old
11-05-2012, 11:21 PM
Leafidelity
Its that new Toronto

Quote:
No, I'm touting Holland as looking better in the AHL period. Kadri might have been developmentally ahead of Holland two years ago, but now? Not so much.
Well then we disagree. I guess there's nothing left to do here than to let you pump some tires in a comparison thread and wait till the NHL starts back up. Personally I don't think Holland can touch Kadri's skill or creativity.

Quote:
Uhm... those players don't all make up a lackluster PP unit. That's what Anaheim's PP will look like in the future, and every one of them is better than Kadri. Not to mention they'll get the job done at even strength too.
You should be an NHL coach, you seem to have figured out a way to bypass on-ice chemistry.

Old
11-05-2012, 11:23 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
You know what they about say doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Where do you think our power play was ranked before this season?

Old
11-05-2012, 11:25 PM
Leafidelity
Its that new Toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Where do you think our power play was ranked before this season?
Can you really go back more than a season and a bit for PP/PK numbers? We're in November now.

Old
11-05-2012, 11:27 PM
NEWFowler
hi

Holland >>> Kadri

Old
11-05-2012, 11:28 PM
Corey Perry*

Quote:
Can you really go back more than a season and a bit for PP/PK numbers?
Yes... do you think Getzlaf and Perry are no longer good players too? Because that's the same logic. The PP struggled last year because the twins struggled. If twins can get back on track, the PP will probably get back on track too. Getzlaf and Perry are great on the PP, usually.

Old
11-05-2012, 11:28 PM
HanSolo
aka DuckJet

vCash: 68
Ipunch, is there a player in Toronto's system that you wouldn't defend tooth and nail? I mean that as seriously as I can. Are any Leafs a let down to you?

Old
11-05-2012, 11:33 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Well then we disagree. I guess there's nothing left to do here than to let you pump some tires in a comparison thread and wait till the NHL starts back up. Personally I don't think Holland can touch Kadri's skill or creativity.
Because that's what I'm doing... pumping up Holland's tires. It's not as if Holland has progressed as a prospect, and that perhaps some people might feel differently than they did 2 years ago. All I've done is respond to you about things I don't particularly agree with. You're the one who said Toronto wouldn't make a straight up trade, but Anaheim would... yet you don't seem to know a whole lot about Anaheim.

Quote:
You should be an NHL coach, you seem to have figured out a way to bypass on-ice chemistry.
That's right, because the Getzlaf, Perry, and Ryan haven't shown a ton of chemistry already, right? And Fowler has no experience with any of them. The only question mark of the players I named is Vatanen. Funny though, apparently Kadri would fix all Anaheim's PP woes... interesting double standard. Tell me again when Kadri has shown good chemistry with these players?

Old
11-05-2012, 11:51 PM
Richards to Gaborik

Holland seems to be another one of those underrated players due to the market he is in(Anaheim). Would love to see the hype Holland got if he played for Toronto.

Holland has done nothing but impress at every level he has played at. The NHL is obviously an entire beast in itself, but I would be shocked if he didn't end up becoming at least a decent/good NHL player.

Old
11-05-2012, 11:56 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Can you really go back more than a season and a bit for PP/PK numbers? We're in November now.
Yes, you can.

What mistake in our power play are we repeating?

Old
11-06-2012, 12:26 AM
ponder

It wouldn't surprise me if Holland ends up the better NHLer. Kadri obviously has the better hands and flashier talent, but Holland has better size and plays a smarter/safer game, doesn't hurt you by overhandling the puck like Kadri is prone to. If Kadri can get his head screwed on straight he'll be the better player, but I'm definitely not convinced that will happen.

Old
11-06-2012, 12:45 AM
Gliff
Salty

vCash: 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richards to Gaborik View Post
Holland seems to be another one of those underrated players due to the market he is in(Anaheim). Would love to see the hype Holland got if he played for Toronto.

Holland has done nothing but impress at every level he has played at. The NHL is obviously an entire beast in itself, but I would be shocked if he didn't end up becoming at least a decent/good NHL player.
This. Ducks fans touted Gardner and Schultz for years and it wasnt until they were gone that they shot up the rankings and started getting recognition.

Old
11-06-2012, 01:18 AM
AngelDuck
Rak 'em up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richards to Gaborik View Post

Exactly. Holland would be a future number one center if he played for the Leafs. But since he's on the Ducks, he's a "Number 3 center at best" according to Leafs fans.

The guy has good skill, a great shot, and great NHL size

Old
11-06-2012, 01:21 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
Exactly. Holland would be a future number one center if he played for the Leafs. But since he's on the Ducks, he's a "Number 3 center at best" according to Leafs fans.

The guy has good skill, a great shot, and great NHL size
Let's not hit their entire fan base with that. One Leaf fan said that.

Old
11-06-2012, 01:23 AM
HanSolo
aka DuckJet

Quote:
Let's not hit their entire fan base with that. One Leaf fan said that.
Then I challenge more than one Leaf fan (I already know Ponder is a reasonable guy) to say otherwise.

Old
11-06-2012, 01:34 AM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Then I challenge more than one Leaf fan (I already know Ponder is a reasonable guy) to say otherwise.
To say otherwise what? That Holland could be more than a 3rd line player? Do we really need that kind of validation?

Old
11-06-2012, 01:37 AM
HanSolo
aka DuckJet

Quote:
To say otherwise what? That Holland could be more than a 3rd line player? Do we really need that kind of validation?
No lol. I don't actually care. I'm actually still on the fences with Holland (that's the phrase right?) being a top 6 forward. I'm a bit worried he won't make the transition well enough.

Old
11-06-2012, 01:45 AM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

We won't know until he does. He's not one of those exceptional talents that leaves little doubt, but I like his skillset and size. Holland has well-rounded abilities, and good NHL size, that should help him on the path. When I see Holland I see a top six talent, but whether or not he can bring it all together at the NHL level is the question. Not to mention, as someone said earlier, he's basically impressed at every level, and there is only one more level left to go.

Old
11-06-2012, 01:48 AM
HanSolo
aka DuckJet

Sure hoping he works out.

Old
11-06-2012, 02:03 AM
Man Bear Pig

Just realized Holland is from 5 minutes down the road. As far as potential, is it a stretch to say they're pretty much on par with each other?

Old
11-06-2012, 02:09 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
Just realized Holland is from 5 minutes down the road. As far as potential, is it a stretch to say they're pretty much on par with each other?
I think if everything went right with both players that Kadri would be ahead.

Old
11-06-2012, 02:15 AM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
I think if everything went right with both players that Kadri would be ahead.
Agreed. I think Kadri has the higher ceiling, but I think Holland is a safer bet right now.

Closed Thread