HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

NHL 13 HUT Thread (Both Systems) - Part 7

Closed Thread

Old
11-05-2012, 06:03 PM
wKetch22
Pure Grime

vCash: 191
put a SOTW Chara up on the market for 690,000 BIN (just for laughs), hoping to get some trade offers

Im that bored haha. In no way to I want to get rid of my Chara, im just hoping someone offers an insane deal, so I can cash in on that and get another SOTW Chara.

worth a shot I guess

Old
11-05-2012, 06:08 PM
Latz

vCash: 500
I'm looking for a Jamie benn. Missed out on a 5k one yesterday

Old
11-05-2012, 06:08 PM
Plebeian
Play Your Game

I've got erhoff and E Johnson on the trade block right now. Trying to add some more speed into my defence. I won the amateur playoffs but ran into a few stacked teams that blew by my slower defenders. Looking to add Burns, J-Bo, and Suter to round out my team.

Btw anyone looking for a LW for their second line I honestly belive that Booth is the best. It was between him and Sharp for me and booth was a third the price, never gets knocked off the puck and can skate like the wind.

Old
11-05-2012, 06:17 PM
Latz

Will never forgive myself for Giroux I lost out on. Wouldn't even flipped it.

Old
11-05-2012, 06:34 PM
Deku Scrub
For the Lads

vCash: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latz View Post
Will never forgive myself for Giroux I lost out on. Wouldn't even flipped it.
What was the price you missed him for?

Old
11-05-2012, 06:39 PM
Latz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deku Scrub View Post
What was the price you missed him for?
45k. Only bc I was doing it from the app or I woulda had it. I even dbl looked. Fukkk

Old
11-05-2012, 06:52 PM
TheQuackAttack

So this is how trading day experimentations ended.

Old
11-05-2012, 07:17 PM
Noel92

Anyone on PS3 selling SOTW Thornton?

Old
11-05-2012, 07:53 PM
hockeyboy4

i went in a game with a kid and he quit then sent me a msg, he said il give you crosby for your best players and 50k il put gretzky up then you send the offer then put gretzky up again after i accept and il send you crosby AND malkin.. anyone know what thats all about? whats he even trying to do..

Old
11-05-2012, 08:05 PM
wKetch22
Pure Grime

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyboy4 View Post
i went in a game with a kid and he quit then sent me a msg, he said il give you crosby for your best players and 50k il put gretzky up then you send the offer then put gretzky up again after i accept and il send you crosby AND malkin.. anyone know what thats all about? whats he even trying to do..
hes obviously scamming you, is that a serious question?

if your players are worth more than a Gretzky than dont do it haha

Old
11-05-2012, 08:05 PM
Harry Vee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee Beers85 View Post
Just after the day EA gave everyone their 50K, I picked one up for 10K thinking they would do another promo (or at least announce another promo in the future) with the golden tickets. I saw this post above and thought "how many people that have been playing since the beginning and have a huge stack of pucks are actually going to be playing this game by the time they announce another Golden Ticket promo (if they do at all)"? So I put it up on the AH for 20K and 25K BIN and literally within minutes someone just BIN'd it for 25K. So don't put the price too low, and if you're patient you may be able to get your pucks back and possibly make a profit.
I actually got really lucky. Put it up at 34 bid and got a 36k BIN...not going top question it. Still baffled someone bought it that high

Old
11-05-2012, 08:16 PM
hockeyboy4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wKetch22 View Post
hes obviously scamming you, is that a serious question?

if your players are worth more than a Gretzky than dont do it haha
i knew that but like what kind of scam is that... you must be stupider then that guy who fell for a guy who could double cards..

Old
11-05-2012, 08:21 PM
wKetch22
Pure Grime

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyboy4 View Post
i knew that but like what kind of scam is that... you must be stupider then that guy who fell for a guy who could double cards..
I must be stupid? or anyone that would fall for it would be stupid?

Old
11-05-2012, 08:59 PM
wKetch22
Pure Grime

LMFAO

I have now gotten Gaunce THREE TIMES in my free packs... which means I have discarded him for 0 pucks 2 times now haha

**** me

My rares were Gaunce (who I had to toss), and two rare injury cards... What is the point of even opening these god damn free packs

Old
11-05-2012, 09:37 PM
hockeyboy4

Quote:
I must be stupid? or anyone that would fall for it would be stupid?
anyone who would fall for it! haha

Old
11-05-2012, 09:49 PM
ohnoeszz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latz View Post
I'm looking for a Jamie benn. Missed out on a 5k one yesterday
I have one....

Pm me what u can offer.

Old
11-05-2012, 09:53 PM
hockeyboy4

does the salary cap affect who you play?

Old
11-05-2012, 09:54 PM
4thlinegrinders

vCash: 50
Selling Lemieux on ps3

Old
11-05-2012, 10:01 PM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

vCash: 152
Quote:
LMFAO

I have now gotten Gaunce THREE TIMES in my free packs... which means I have discarded him for 0 pucks 2 times now haha

**** me

My rares were Gaunce (who I had to toss), and two rare injury cards... What is the point of even opening these god damn free packs

I opened 230k worth of packs (pure pucks, no money spent..) on Friday night and the best player I got in return was Keith Yandle. Nevermind the fact that they give Healing cards and **** jerseys as "rares", but they dont even give out the correct amount of rares that their packs claim too.

In all honesty they are thief's and anyone who spends there hard earned dollars on packs and has the same outcome has every right to be livid.

I had a net loss of 200,000 pucks after I sold everything of significance from over 30+ premium gold/jumbo packs. Awesome, isn't it?

I have opened well over 50 premium gold+ packs and have never drawn a player over 85 overall.

"The best pack to find those elite players...." yeah, ok EA.

Call me a sucker if you want, but in all honesty I am completely bored with icing the same roster on a consistent basis and have spent more than enough time searching for decent deals on the AH. Opening packs should be the primary way of building a team in my opinion.

Old
11-05-2012, 10:07 PM
David Krejci
STANLEY CUP CHAMPS

Anybody have SOTW Zetterberg? I will make you a legit offer, no bs. PM me. Xbox 360.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
Call me a sucker if you want, but in all honesty I am completely bored with icing the same roster on a consistent basis and have spent more than enough time searching for decent deals on the AH. Opening packs should be the primary way of building a team in my opinion.
No it shouldn't. Especially when there are no career limits. The whole point of it being so rare to get a good card in a pack, is because once they're out there, they're out there forever. If you constantly got good cards in packs, people could just spend X number of dollars and get a great team, which would be incredibly stupid. It's all luck, I opened 1 premium gold jumbo yesterday, and ended up with St. Louis. I've also opened up about 24 other gold packs, and have gotten lucky a couple times with regular Suter once, and regular Duchene once, but for most of the other ones, I didn't get any good players. That's how it should be. Just because you open 30 gold packs, that doesn't mean that you'll get something good. You know how many packs are opened a day? THOUSANDS, and WAY more than 30 of them come with absolutely nothing in them, so it's not really a huge shock that you didn't get anything. If you're going to spend anything on pucks, you should be expecting to get nothing, it's like playing Russian Roulette.

One thing that I HATE, is that you can't pull a trade down once you offer it. Someone put SOTW Zetterberg up for 3 hours with a 125k starting bid, with no BIN. Now, either this guy had no idea what he had, or he wanted a bid war. I didn't want to offer a trade, and have it up there for 3 hours. Or god forbid, offer a trade, and then have him not respond, and then I win the bid, and lose the pucks I offered in the trade (horrible glitch, if you haven't heard about it yet). Within 5 minutes, it was gone, someone must've offered him a trade and he took it. I mean at the VERY least, give us the means to contact that person and talk to them, and negotiate something. And fix that glitch, that's horrible.

I wasn't going to offer the guy 300k in a trade, and then be out that 300k for 3 hours if he doesn't respond to the trade. You shouldn't be able to pull down things you put up for auction, but you should 100% be able to take down a trade that you've offered.

Last edited by David Krejci: 11-05-2012 at 10:19 PM.
Old
11-05-2012, 10:18 PM
wKetch22
Pure Grime

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
I opened 230k worth of packs (pure pucks, no money spent..) on Friday night and the best player I got in return was Keith Yandle. Nevermind the fact that they give Healing cards and **** jerseys as "rares", but they dont even give out the correct amount of rares that their packs claim too.

In all honesty they are thief's and anyone who spends there hard earned dollars on packs and has the same outcome has every right to be livid.

I had a net loss of 200,000 pucks after I sold everything of significance from over 30+ premium gold/jumbo packs. Awesome, isn't it?

I have opened well over 50 premium gold+ packs and have never drawn a player over 85 overall.

"The best pack to find those elite players...." yeah, ok EA.

They are legitimately thieves

I have no shame in admitting I have spent maybe 15 bucks on packs, and once when I got a premium gold jumbo, my only player above 80 was ryan jones, even though they are supposedly guaranteed 5 rares

I called EA, and they basically sent me through this giant bearucracy where I talked to one person, who sent me to someone else, who told me to call someone else, who emailed me something else, etc. Its been two weeks now and I havent heard back. I realize the pack only cost 2 dollars but seriously I just want to get a new pack, how is that so hard?

I dont even know what I can do... Its like the US government, impossible for any action. There are like checks and balances just to get a refund or a new pack

I dont know what I can even do, like I said its only like 2 dollars, but the fact that I didnt get what I paid for makes me really mad. I wish there was like a manager that I could speak to, but I guess now that they have my 60 dollars they dont care if I like it or not haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Krejci View Post
Anybody have SOTW Zetterberg? I will make you a legit offer, no bs. PM me. Xbox 360.

No it shouldn't. Especially when there are no career limits. The whole point of it being so rare to get a good card in a pack, is because once they're out there, they're out there forever. If you constantly got good cards in packs, people could just spend X number of dollars and get a great team, which would be incredibly stupid. It's all luck, I opened 1 premium gold jumbo yesterday, and ended up with St. Louis. I've also opened up about 24 other gold packs, and have gotten lucky a couple times with regular Suter once, and regular Duchene once, but for most of the other ones, I didn't get any good players. That's how it should be.

One thing that I HATE, is that you can't pull a trade down once you offer it. Someone put SOTW Zetterberg up for 3 hours with a 125k starting bid, with no BIN. Now, either this guy had no idea what he had, or he wanted a bid war. I didn't want to offer a trade, and have it up there for 3 hours. Or god forbid, offer a trade, and then have him not respond, and then I win the bid, and lose the pucks I offered in the trade (horrible glitch, if you haven't heard about it yet). Within 5 minutes, it was gone, someone must've offered him a trade and he took it. I mean at the VERY least, give us the means to contact that person and talk to them, and negotiate something. And fix that glitch, that's horrible.

I wasn't going to offer the guy 300k in a trade, and then be out that 300k for 3 hours if he doesn't respond to the trade. You shouldn't be able to pull down things you put up for auction, but you should 100% be able to take down a trade that you've offered.
I agree with you in ways, in taht it should be harder to get star players now that there are no contracts, but tell me you dont feel ripped off after getting a gold pack with Brent Lebda and two rare injury cards or something like that...

Its total bull. A great idea for EA, would be to make Injury cards ACTUALLY RARE. Like rarer than a captain, change team, change position card. Then we would actually give a **** about injuries.

But I agree with High Life Man that using packs is the most fun way to make a team, but EA is making that impossible. I would like to open more packs, thats all I did in HUT 2012, but its just not worth it at all in 13...

One thing I would love to see is like a boom or bust pack, where you are going to get ONE card, and there is a 50 percent chance it will be an 85 or above, but a 50 percent chance it could be an injury card or something ******. Charge 7.5k for it, and Ill take that gamble.

And I 100 percent agree on the removing trade ofers feature. I know your struggles

Last edited by wKetch22: 11-05-2012 at 10:23 PM.
Old
11-05-2012, 10:31 PM
JVR21
G

Quote:
They are legitimately thieves

I have no shame in admitting I have spent maybe 15 bucks on packs, and once when I got a premium gold jumbo, my only player above 80 was ryan jones, even though they are supposedly guaranteed 5 rares

I called EA, and they basically sent me through this giant bearucracy where I talked to one person, who sent me to someone else, who told me to call someone else, who emailed me something else, etc. Its been two weeks now and I havent heard back. I realize the pack only cost 2 dollars but seriously I just want to get a new pack, how is that so hard?

I dont even know what I can do... Its like the US government, impossible for any action. There are like checks and balances just to get a refund or a new pack

I dont know what I can even do, like I said its only like 2 dollars, but the fact that I didnt get what I paid for makes me really mad. I wish there was like a manager that I could speak to, but I guess now that they have my 60 dollars they dont care if I like it or not haha

I agree with you in ways, in taht it should be harder to get star players now that there are no contracts, but tell me you dont feel ripped off after getting a gold pack with Brent Lebda and two rare injury cards or something like that...

Its total bull. A great idea for EA, would be to make Injury cards ACTUALLY RARE. Like rarer than a captain, change team, change position card. Then we would actually give a **** about injuries.

But I agree with High Life Man that using packs is the most fun way to make a team, but EA is making that impossible. I would like to open more packs, thats all I did in HUT 2012, but its just not worth it at all in 13...

One thing I would love to see is like a boom or bust pack, where you are going to get ONE card, and there is a 50 percent chance it will be an 85 or above, but a 50 percent chance it could be an injury card or something ******. Charge 7.5k for it, and Ill take that gamble.

And I 100 percent agree on the removing trade ofers feature. I know your struggles
I think most people would. There would be WAY too many good players out there.

Old
11-05-2012, 10:36 PM
David Krejci
STANLEY CUP CHAMPS

Quote:

I don't feel ripped off at all. I knew the risk, it says 1 80+ player. That player could be an 80 worth not even 100 pucks, or it could be someone who is a 92 and worth 600k. You're not buying the pack to get a good card, you're buying the pack for the CHANCE at a good card. It's one thing to say that you want them to bring back career limits and in turn, better players in packs. But you can't have it both ways, it'd be chaos.

Old
11-05-2012, 10:37 PM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

vCash: 152
Quote:

No it shouldn't. Especially when there are no career limits. The whole point of it being so rare to get a good card in a pack, is because once they're out there, they're out there forever. If you constantly got good cards in packs, people could just spend X number of dollars and get a great team, which would be incredibly stupid. It's all luck, I opened 1 premium gold jumbo yesterday, and ended up with St. Louis. I've also opened up about 24 other gold packs, and have gotten lucky a couple times with regular Suter once, and regular Duchene once, but for most of the other ones, I didn't get any good players. That's how it should be. Just because you open 30 gold packs, that doesn't mean that you'll get something good. You know how many packs are opened a day? THOUSANDS, and WAY more than 30 of them come with absolutely nothing in them, so it's not really a huge shock that you didn't get anything. If you're going to spend anything on pucks, you should be expecting to get nothing, it's like playing Russian Roulette.

I simply don't agree, regular packs just don't cut it.

As it stands now the ONLY way to build a competitive team is to work the market non stop (which the majority of people have no time for...) or by getting extremely lucky.
Actually playing the game to earn pucks is completely useless under this current system.

If EA elects to announce that gold premium packs are the "best way to land elite players" then the customer is being led down a huge tunnel of disappointment.
Charging $3.00 for such a return is borderline criminal in my estimation.

Old
11-05-2012, 10:50 PM
wKetch22
Pure Grime

Quote:
I don't feel ripped off at all. I knew the risk, it says 1 80+ player. That player could be an 80 worth not even 100 pucks, or it could be someone who is a 92 and worth 600k. You're not buying the pack to get a good card, you're buying the pack for the CHANCE at a good card. It's one thing to say that you want them to bring back career limits and in turn, better players in packs. But you can't have it both ways, it'd be chaos.
I dont want carreers, that was half the reason I didnt like Hut12

Like I said, I like how rare players are tough to get, but its just ******** what they fill these packs with. I think we can all agree rare injury cards are a piece of ****. I am unbelievably sick of getting them, I mean they are just useless. I dont think rare injury cards need to be replaced with SOTW cards, but at least SOMETHING useful

Im just tired of getting **** players. If 7.5k is too cheap for my 85 plus pack, then raise the price... 10k? 15k? Thats fine, at least you wont feel too ripped off. I mean there are 85's that go for jack ****, like isnt Hanzal or Handzus an 85?

I love opening packs, but I just cannot bring myself to spend any of my current 70k built up on one. Because like HighLifeMan said, there is no possible way to build a team through packs. I have opened plenty of packs and my best player I have gotten is Helm. By now it would have been nice to get a player worth a little more.

But like I said before, its tough to balance

Closed Thread