HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): ESPN: Eagles Land Kelly (Jan. 16)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-05-2012, 09:29 PM
  #226
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER
 
sobrien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Jersey/Memphis
Country: United States
Posts: 6,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRocket10 View Post
Cowboys, Redskins and Giants all lost yesterday which means the Eagles will lose tonight.
From the grittiest, best coached division to the worst in the NFC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devastate View Post
This may be the worst eagles team I've lived through
Amazing. Possibly the most talented Eagles squad ever...but a broken, terrible, flawed team. I'd invite a rebuild at this point.

sobrien is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 09:34 PM
  #227
bennysflyers16
Registered User
 
bennysflyers16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 16,528
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
Foles time.
There is not a QB in the history of football that could play with this offensive line this fat pig has assembled and combine that with his ****ing horrific play calling, worst eagles team in a LONG TIME !!!

bennysflyers16 is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 10:05 PM
  #228
El Emperor
Registered User
 
El Emperor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Marlton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,281
vCash: 500
Again, nobody is buying this play action, Andy.

El Emperor is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 10:09 PM
  #229
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alexandria
Country: Liberia
Posts: 36,643
vCash: 156
I don't see how Foles would make a difference.

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 10:22 PM
  #230
flyershockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,544
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Invictus View Post
I don't see how Foles would make a difference.
He wouldn't. If anything, he would get hurt behind that o-line.

flyershockey is online now  
Old
11-05-2012, 10:25 PM
  #231
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alexandria
Country: Liberia
Posts: 36,643
vCash: 156
Eventually Vick will hurt his shoulder or head doing that awkward forward dive he does, and you'll have no choice but to try out Foles.

This team has too much talent to play like this. I'd have to think coaching is a big part of it, but Vick's decisions certainly make things worse.

Edit: I was thinking about how he hasn't seemed good at spotting blitzes, but with the way the line has looked I doubt it makes a difference.

Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 10:28 PM
  #232
BringBackStevens
Registered User
 
BringBackStevens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 12,013
vCash: 500
I don't think this team has any talent really.

BringBackStevens is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 10:29 PM
  #233
MRxBLACK
Charlie don't surf!
 
MRxBLACK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NEPA USA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,954
vCash: 943
Lol. This press conference will be good.

MRxBLACK is online now  
Old
11-05-2012, 10:30 PM
  #234
flyershockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,544
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Invictus View Post
Eventually Vick will hurt his shoulder or head doing that awkward forward dive he does, and you'll have no choice but to try out Foles.

This team has too much talent to play like this. I'd have to think coaching is a big part of it, but Vick's decisions certainly make things worse.

Edit: I was thinking about how he hasn't seemed good at spotting blitzes, but with the way the line has looked I doubt it makes a difference.
It really has been a perfect storm. Reid makes some terrible play calls, but Vick might have the worst quarterback IQ of any starter in the league. Even rookies are better than Vick at picking up blitzes.

flyershockey is online now  
Old
11-05-2012, 10:32 PM
  #235
litflyersfan
Registered User
 
litflyersfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Lower Makefield, Pa
Posts: 966
vCash: 500
Worst. Red. Zone. Team. Ever.

litflyersfan is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 10:32 PM
  #236
Mr.Krinkle
Pod 6 is Jerks
 
Mr.Krinkle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NJ - Sec. 229
Country: United States
Posts: 13,668
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Emperor View Post
Again, nobody is buying this play action, Andy.
First two plays of this game were play action.

Who do they think they're fooling?

Mr.Krinkle is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 10:33 PM
  #237
Mr.Krinkle
Pod 6 is Jerks
 
Mr.Krinkle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NJ - Sec. 229
Country: United States
Posts: 13,668
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
It really has been a perfect storm. Reid makes some terrible play calls, but Vick might have the worst quarterback IQ of any starter in the league. Even rookies are better than Vick at picking up blitzes.
I love the "Hey look everyones coming, lets take a 5 step drop turning my back to the weak side and see what happens..." plays this game

Mr.Krinkle is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 10:37 PM
  #238
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alexandria
Country: Liberia
Posts: 36,643
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
It really has been a perfect storm. Reid makes some terrible play calls, but Vick might have the worst quarterback IQ of any starter in the league. Even rookies are better than Vick at picking up blitzes.
On the one sack a NO LB was staring Vick down with a clear line at him. I waited for the adjustment. Waited. Vick takes the snap and gets hit instantly. How did he not spot that?

Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 10:41 PM
  #239
litflyersfan
Registered User
 
litflyersfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Lower Makefield, Pa
Posts: 966
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Invictus View Post
On the one sack a NO LB was staring Vick down with a clear line at him. I waited for the adjustment. Waited. Vick takes the snap and gets hit instantly. How did he not spot that?
Is it the one they keep showing in the replay? Hilarious the guy off the edge doesn't even try to disguise it on that one and goes in free.

litflyersfan is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 10:42 PM
  #240
flyershockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,544
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Invictus View Post
On the one sack a NO LB was staring Vick down with a clear line at him. I waited for the adjustment. Waited. Vick takes the snap and gets hit instantly. How did he not spot that?
Was that the one where the guy came off the left edge? If it was, I think everyone in building saw that one coming... besides the guy that actually matters.

He really is just a dumb quarterback. It's a shame, he's one of the most athletic players to ever lace them up, but he's a rock head. That's why he's terrible in the red zone as well. When everything bunches up and happens in a tighter space, you have to make the pre-snap reads to take advantage of the defense's weaknesses. He can't do that. He never could in Atlanta either. It was just run around Michael, and try to score us a touchdown.

flyershockey is online now  
Old
11-05-2012, 10:46 PM
  #241
Phileeguy
G's got good hands.
 
Phileeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 4,650
vCash: 500
Cowboys lost
Skins lost
Giants lost

Golden opportunity, and of course Reid, Vick & co. (sans Shady) **** the bed against a horrible defense. Just laugh at the ineptitude, that's all you can do.

Phileeguy is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 10:47 PM
  #242
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alexandria
Country: Liberia
Posts: 36,643
vCash: 156
Hahahaha, yeah. That was the one. I was just absolutely baffled. Guy who got the sack must have been just as shocked that actually worked.

With Vick, I'm thinking we might be seeing what happens when a QB who's gotten by on athletic dominance his whole life starts losing that athleticism.

Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 10:47 PM
  #243
litflyersfan
Registered User
 
litflyersfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Lower Makefield, Pa
Posts: 966
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
Was that the one where the guy came off the left edge? If it was, I think everyone in building saw that one coming... besides the guy that actually matters.

He really is just a dumb quarterback. It's a shame, he's one of the most athletic players to ever lace them up, but he's a rock head. That's why he's terrible in the red zone as well. When everything bunches up and happens in a tighter space, you have to make the pre-snap reads to take advantage of the defense's weaknesses. He can't do that. He never could in Atlanta either. It was just run around Michael, and try to score us a touchdown.
That's the one I'm referring to as well.

litflyersfan is offline  
Old
11-05-2012, 10:52 PM
  #244
flyershockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,544
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by litflyersfan View Post
That's the one I'm referring to as well.
Yeah, that one had nothing to do with a terrible o-line.

Has anyone noticed that all of the big name position coaches that have been brought in the last two seasons have been busts?

Washburn? Mudd? Bowles? All of those positions were supposed to become strengths under these guys, but instead, they've gotten progressively worse.

flyershockey is online now  
Old
11-06-2012, 12:04 AM
  #245
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 11,529
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
Yeah, that one had nothing to do with a terrible o-line.

Has anyone noticed that all of the big name position coaches that have been brought in the last two seasons have been busts?

Washburn? Mudd? Bowles? All of those positions were supposed to become strengths under these guys, but instead, they've gotten progressively worse.
Bowles has had two games. At least he called some aggressive plays tonight and we aw *gasp* TWO sacks!

__________________
"Help was not promised, lovely girl. Only death."
JDinkalage Morgoone is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 07:59 AM
  #246
MRxBLACK
Charlie don't surf!
 
MRxBLACK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NEPA USA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,954
vCash: 943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
Bowles has had two games. At least he called some aggressive plays tonight and we aw *gasp* TWO sacks!
Yes, there was a Brandon Graham sighting tonight. Probably the best game of his bust career.

In other news, how about Brodrick Bunkley making a fool out of himself and going head/shoulder first into the ground.

MRxBLACK is online now  
Old
11-06-2012, 08:00 AM
  #247
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,251
vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
I hope the Eagles keep sucking and can draft Te'o.

DrinkFightFlyers is online now  
Old
11-06-2012, 09:02 AM
  #248
RussianRocket10
Registered User
 
RussianRocket10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: Brazil
Posts: 3,669
vCash: 500
Yeah let's tank for a good draft pick at this point.

RussianRocket10 is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 09:07 AM
  #249
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier
 
flyguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Seward, Alaska
Country: United States
Posts: 6,190
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to flyguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRocket10 View Post
Yeah let's tank for a good draft pick at this point.
Remaining Schedule with predictions:

vs. Cowgirls - W
@ Skins - L
vs. Panthers - L (could be a win though)
@ Cowgirls - L
@ Buccos - L
vs. Bengals - W
vs. Skins - W
@ Giants - L (though could be a W if Giants have secured their playoff positioning)

That's either 6-10 or 7-9. 7-9 is probably the outcome which means a pick in the 8-13 range most likely.

flyguy is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 09:19 AM
  #250
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier
 
flyguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Seward, Alaska
Country: United States
Posts: 6,190
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to flyguy
I also wanted to add my two cents in what will happen with Andy.

Lurie doesn't have the cohonas to actually fire Reid. IF anything happens before the end of the season (or even at the conclusion of the season), it will be Andy voluntarily resigning, thus letting him save face and taking away any satisfaction that this fan base and media could get in seeing him handed his walking papers.

flyguy is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:14 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.