HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Viktor Tikhonov to NJ

Old
11-04-2012, 01:46 PM
PADevil3034
Mooooooooooooooooose

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
Not sure if they would want Tedenby, but I would do a Tedenby for Tikhonov and a conditional pick, conditional on games played. If he doesnt come over, then a second. If he plays a total of say 100 games over the next two seasons then there is no pick. Then anywhere in between Pheonix gives up a pick as well.
A conditional 2nd may be a bit high. I think a 3rd would do.

I'd like to think he'd come over if we acquired him. He'd no doubt get a decent amount of ice time with Kovalchuk.

PADevil3034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 02:07 PM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Ironic that Devils fans want him. The NHL comparison I've been throwing around for Tikhonov the last four years, or so, is Sergei Brylin.
We'll take him, then. Sarge was a terrific player for us for a long time.

Classic Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 02:16 PM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

Quote:
Ironic that Devils fans want him. The NHL comparison I've been throwing around for Tikhonov the last four years, or so, is Sergei Brylin.
Yes, please. <3 Sarge <3

JerseyGuy276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 06:37 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by PADevil3034 View Post
A conditional 2nd may be a bit high. I think a 3rd would do.

I'd like to think he'd come over if we acquired him. He'd no doubt get a decent amount of ice time with Kovalchuk.
But, if it does have to do with games played over the next two seasons, then the pick wouldnt be until 2015. By that time, the price would be insignificant for two seasons of Tedenby who is pretty close to NHL ready. I would make it conditional on if he played like 5/8 of the games. For example, if the season was hypothetically 80 games, if he plays in over 50, then no pick comes our way. If he plays in 25-50 then we get a fifth rounder, less than that we get a fourth rounder, and if he doesn't come over at all, we get a second.

I just think theres too much risk involved trading Tedenby for Tikhonov, as its obvious Tedenby has the higher ceiling. Tikhonov playing with Kovalchuk, either at center or winger, will immediately boosts our forward depth. Lets say a deal like that does go through, our forwards would look like..

Kovalchuk-Henrique-Tikhonov
Elias-Zajac-Zubrus
Youngster-Josefson-Clarkson

If Parse or Butler play well enough for top six minutes, then that forces Zubrus to the third line. However, theres probably little chance we ever deal for Tikhonov regardless...

Zippy316 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 08:39 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Tikhonov could maybe be a bit of a poor man's Brylin. I always thought you could win a cup with twelve Brylin's up front.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 08:49 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalchuk Army View Post
Straight swap for Tedenby
I personally like Tedenby myself. I don't think the Coyotes would have any interest. I thought Gilbert Brule was a GREAT fit in Phoenix and thought for sure he'd be re-signed, especially after his great series against the Hawks. And then........we got run over by LA. A David Moss and a Nick Johnson later, I'd say we are looking more for size in our bottom six. Especially if you look at Samuelsson, Martinook, Klinkhammer, etc. Most of our moves this summer were to bring in size (Sullivan replacing Whitney aside).

Old
11-04-2012, 08:49 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
I just think theres too much risk involved trading Tedenby for Tikhonov, as its obvious Tedenby has the higher ceiling.
I don't really know if Tedenby has upside any higher than Tikhonov's upside. He has struggled to score at every level of hockey so far with his lack of strength. If the Devils could get Tikhonov for him, it would probably be a move to get both guys fresh chances on a new team. I think Tikhonov would be a nice addition to the Devils because his play away from the puck is far superior to anything Tedenby could do.

A one-for-one swap would favor Phoenix in the short term (simply getting another warm bodied prospect) while I think the Devils would win out in the long term.

I think it's rare that such even moves are proposed on this board.

Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 08:50 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
I personally like Tedenby myself. I don't think the Coyotes would have any interest. I thought Gilbert Brule was a GREAT fit in Phoenix and thought for sure he'd be re-signed, especially after his great series against the Hawks. And then........we got run over by LA. A David Moss and a Nick Johnson later, I'd say we are looking more for size in our bottom six. Especially if you look at Samuelsson, Martinook, Klinkhammer, etc. Most of our moves this summer were to bring in size (Sullivan replacing Whitney aside).
I guess it comes down to whether Phoenix believes that Tikhonov will come back over and play for them. If there is belief that wouldn't happen, Tedenby (or a similarly situated prospect) is all that I think Phoenix could get.

Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 09:16 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I guess it comes down to whether Phoenix believes that Tikhonov will come back over and play for them. If there is belief that wouldn't happen, Tedenby (or a similarly situated prospect) is all that I think Phoenix could get.
I mean if Tedenby were on waivers, I would guess that Phoenix would elect not to put in a claim. Don Maloney has shown a willingness in the past to do favors and if it is clear that Tikhonov isn't a fit in Phoenix and Jersey comes calling, I'm sure he'd be happy to work something out for little more than relationship building.

Old
11-04-2012, 11:17 PM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

I'm not as down on Tedenby as I was once was. Though I would straight up swap him for Tikhonov. Tikhonov has shown chemistry with Kovy. Getting a winger like Tikhonov to play with Kovy would be great, and they've looked good in the KHL so far. Tedenby however would not look great with Kovy. Tedenby, and Kovy on the same line would be a nightmare for the Devils, and a dream for the opposition. Tedenby is very bad defensively, and I see him cleaning up everything else before that. He actually makes Kovy look like a Selke winner.

Bleedred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 06:02 AM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I don't really know if Tedenby has upside any higher than Tikhonov's upside. He has struggled to score at every level of hockey so far with his lack of strength. If the Devils could get Tikhonov for him, it would probably be a move to get both guys fresh chances on a new team. I think Tikhonov would be a nice addition to the Devils because his play away from the puck is far superior to anything Tedenby could do.

A one-for-one swap would favor Phoenix in the short term (simply getting another warm bodied prospect) while I think the Devils would win out in the long term.

I think it's rare that such even moves are proposed on this board.
It's like a Latendresse and Pouliout trade. The only thing is on this bored, people ask for players that are off limits and the other team would never trade. The people that hold more value to their current team then their trade value actually is.

No one wants the Tikhonovs and Ponikarovskis of the world, even though you can't build your team with just top players.

Old
11-05-2012, 07:40 AM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
I'm not as down on Tedenby as I was once was. Though I would straight up swap him for Tikhonov. Tikhonov has shown chemistry with Kovy. Getting a winger like Tikhonov to play with Kovy would be great, and they've looked good in the KHL so far. Tedenby however would not look great with Kovy. Tedenby, and Kovy on the same line would be a nightmare for the Devils, and a dream for the opposition. Tedenby is very bad defensively, and I see him cleaning up everything else before that. He actually makes Kovy look like a Selke winner.
Tikhonov is better center imo; Hell he's centering Kovalchuk and Tarasenko like a champ right now. Elias-Tikhonov-Kovalchuk line wouldn't bother me if only we were trading for him.

Yashintangibles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 07:53 AM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

Tedenby for Tikhonov seems like a fair swap at the moment.
Although I have a feeling that Tedenby is going to light NJ up every chance he gets if he ever gets traded

Phoenix has a sound defensive system and great defensive prospects on the way, which is the environment a small guy like him needs to be able to break out offensively.

manilaNJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 10:00 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
I do like the sound of that. We need a new Brylin. For a few years now Zubrus has been filling that role, but he is getting to the end of his career soon too.

Quote:
Tikhonov could maybe be a bit of a poor man's Brylin. I always thought you could win a cup with twelve Brylin's up front.
The Devils made it to the Cup Final last season with essentially a bottom 6 of Zubrus clones. Bernier, Ponikarovsky, Carter, Clarkson, and sometimes Zubrus himself. Zubrus is a great Devil because he is versatile, the same way Brylin was. He has enough skill to be a good complementary forward in the top 6, and he has enough size and grit to fit in the bottom 6 too. He can be used in any of the 12 forward slots and never look out of place.

If Tikhonov can be that type of player, with some skill and a good helping of grit, he'll fit right into DeBoer's gameplan.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 03:08 PM
DesertDawg

For Tikhonov, I would think at this point all it would take is a draft pick. Or even to be able to move with a pick to an earlier round. I don't believe there would be any reason for a condition if the Devils are serious in Tik playing for them, he is serious about being an NHLer, just doesn't want to play in the 'A'.

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 03:25 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Tikhonov for a third work for you?

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 03:35 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Tikhonov for a third work for you?
I was actually hoping to trade Tik and a 3rd for NJ's 2nd... but yea, it would be enough for this Coyote fan to be happy.

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 03:36 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Would love Tikhonov for a 3rd . I loved Brylin and if he becomes anything like him, that would be amazing

Devils Trap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 06:39 PM
PADevil3034
Mooooooooooooooooose

Wow, that has the potential to be a steal for the Devils.

Saugus hit the nail on the head -- with Zubrus' career waning, we definitely are looking for a replacement in the long-term. Tikhonov has all the tools to be that versatile player. Hopefully, if this trade were to go down, it would all come to fruition.

PADevil3034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 10:17 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 118
Our 3rd in 2012 belongs to Minnesota because we met the conditions of the Zidlicky deal. So it would have to be 2013.

AfroThunder396 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 11:23 PM
mstad101

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
Our 3rd in 2012 belongs to Minnesota because we met the conditions of the Zidlicky deal. So it would have to be 2013.
Since the Devils don't own their 3rd this season, Desert Dogs idea of trading Tik and a 3rd for your 2nd sounds like a great idea. Grab a versatile forward and a pick for a better pick.

mstad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 12:45 AM
PHX FireBirds18

I'd like to give Tik another shot once the season starts again. He looked really good last year in training camp but POS beat him out with a very good preseason.

PHX FireBirds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 07:00 AM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstad101 View Post
Since the Devils don't own their 3rd this season, Desert Dogs idea of trading Tik and a 3rd for your 2nd sounds like a great idea. Grab a versatile forward and a pick for a better pick.
Devils may be reluctant...they are going to lose their first round picks in one of the next two years. With a weak forward pool, the cant afford to be giving up high picks. Although, it just depends on how they value Tikhonov, if they feel he is a viable third liner, then it's good value. If they feel he's only a fourth liner, then it's not a good deal.

Old
11-06-2012, 07:04 AM
Intense Rage

vCash: 50
Quote:
Devils may be reluctant...they are going to lose their first round picks in one of the next two years. With a weak forward pool, the cant afford to be giving up high picks. Although, it just depends on how they value Tikhonov, if they feel he is a viable third liner, then it's good value. If they feel he's only a fourth liner, then it's not a good deal.
I maybe wrong but do they not already lose their first round pick in the upcoming year? The year the league fined the Devils they had to give up one selection in the next 3 years, since then they have picked Larsson and Matteau.

Intense Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 07:08 AM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intense Rage View Post
I maybe wrong but do they not already lose their first round pick in the upcoming year? The year the league fined the Devils they had to give up one selection in the next 3 years, since then they have picked Larsson and Matteau.
Next four years. They are hosting the draft next year and Lou feels that a 2010 draftee with one or two years of development is worth more than a 2011 or 2012 draftee, hence the reason he kept the Matteau pick. Either 2013 or 2014.