HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hurricane Sandy Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-04-2012, 12:18 AM
  #251
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!
 
Florida Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tampa, FLA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,000
vCash: 500
I wish I could help all of you and my family up there. Really sad. All my prayers are for you all in the area.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 12:20 AM
  #252
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 72,473
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
My entire town in NJ is still without power as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
My friends who live a town over from me still don't have any power.
For all the workers they imported into NJ, it makes me think the electric infrastructure has been completely ****ed with how long it is taking.

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
"Used to be only Twinkies and cockroaches could survive a nuke. I'd add Habs to that. I'm convinced the CH stands for Club du Hypocrisy." - Gee Wally
Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 05:08 AM
  #253
Kreider Typical
flex
 
Kreider Typical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,546
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
For all the workers they imported into NJ, it makes me think the electric infrastructure has been completely ****ed with how long it is taking.
word from NJ Natural Gas is that the entire system in seaside is compromised and they will not have a solution for 6-8 months.

Kreider Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 05:32 AM
  #254
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Sean Avery went to Staten Island to help those in midland beach and south beach. Just thought I'd throw that out there...

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 06:39 AM
  #255
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato
 
HatTrick Swayze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
For all the workers they imported into NJ, it makes me think the electric infrastructure has been completely ****ed with how long it is taking.
Oh absolutely. I can only really speak to what I've seen and heard but the infrastructure damage even inland (Somerset County) is substantial.

__________________
"Here we can see the agression of american people. They love fighting and guns. when they wont win they try to kill us all." -HalfOfFame
HatTrick Swayze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 10:03 AM
  #256
EmpireStateofMind
Registered User
 
EmpireStateofMind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,512
vCash: 500
The NYC Marathon Would-Be Runners are volunteering on Staten Island. Awesome stuff.

EmpireStateofMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 10:27 AM
  #257
trueblue9441
Registered User
 
trueblue9441's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bronx, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,407
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpireStateofMind View Post
The NYC Marathon Would-Be Runners are volunteering on Staten Island. Awesome stuff.
which is great. the NYRR association should be ashamed of themselves though.

trueblue9441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 10:42 AM
  #258
Jabroni
The People's Champ
 
Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,560
vCash: 500
Classes postponed until Wednesday. 2 more days off.

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 01:54 PM
  #259
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Hybrid icing
 
Megustaelhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 5,142
vCash: 500
Just saw a huge outpouring of support and donations from people on the Upper East Side - 85th and 2nd. New Yorkers really are very giving when it counts the most.

Megustaelhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 07:09 AM
  #260
FATCHAMALA11
Kneel Before Zod
 
FATCHAMALA11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,607
vCash: 500


More Avery.

FATCHAMALA11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 07:17 AM
  #261
blue425
Registered User
 
blue425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 2,261
vCash: 500
With in upwards of 60 schools closed and over 6,000 students displaced I wonder how many new kids were getting Wednesday.

blue425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 08:57 AM
  #262
qwertyaas
LGR@
 
qwertyaas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,893
vCash: 500
Working from home today. The lack of gas is really becoming a huge issue. If I were to commute to work via public transportation, it would take 2 - 2 1/2 hours each way...

qwertyaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 09:43 AM
  #263
McRanger
Registered User
 
McRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,705
vCash: 500
Anyone from Breezy Point? The place is a disaster.

McRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 10:50 AM
  #264
silverfish
Mr. Glass
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 14,742
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FATCHAMALA11 View Post


More Avery.
I've heard such mixed reviews from people who have met Avery. Some say the dude is as big of an ass as he is on the ice, others say he's completely down to earth and awesome with fans.

He's really been all over Sandy relief and help on Twitter these days. Say what you want about the guys career as a Ranger, but it's clear he's embraced being a New Yorker 100%

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 05:37 PM
  #265
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,056
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
For all the workers they imported into NJ, it makes me think the electric infrastructure has been completely ****ed with how long it is taking.
If (when) we get hit by one of those solar storms again like from 1859 (Carrington Event), we are completely screwed. All the money we wasted in these wars overseas should have been spent reinforcing the electric grid to shield us from solar storm damage.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 06:03 PM
  #266
useref15
Registered User
 
useref15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 1,902
vCash: 500
Got my power back today....so happy.

useref15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 06:53 PM
  #267
petejudge
Registered User
 
petejudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 713
vCash: 500
i got lucky this time, last year during irene we weren't nearly as lucky. our block was a disaster and nobody near me had power for 10+ days. this time it was only 3 days, with some spurts after that where we'd lose power for a few hours and then it'd come back. we had one last night again so i'm expecting more.

nassau county is still horrible, especially in the less wealthy neighborhoods which LIPA seems to love to go to last. i live in westbury and most of my neighbors are still without power. surrounding areas like mineola, carle place, east meadow, hicksville are pretty much at 100% power. we still don't even have traffic lights here. the obvious exception is garden city, and i feel bad for anyone living there. for a town so far from the shore garden city got destroyed.

we've taken in my two great aunts who live in garden city, their house is fine but with no power or heat two 90 year old women can't survive. my brother's house in long beach is pretty much destroyed, and they haven't marked it with whether or not it's condemned yet, so he's with us for the time being too. my friend christian in far rockaway lost everything he owns including his house and we weren't even sure if he was alive until i finally heard from him earlier today.

the gas lines have been the most shocking part of this. i saw a woman try and run over a cop for telling her not to cut a gas line. it's getting really awful and tempers are flaring. hopefully that gets solved sooner rather than later. thankfully i'm finally back to work and taking my classes at hofstra, so it's only a matter of time before things get back to normal.

petejudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 07:50 PM
  #268
ChipAyten
NYR-LFC-NYG-NYY
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York City
Country: England
Posts: 3,831
vCash: 500
Cuomo stated if you cant reach your designated polling place you can vote at any polling place in NY and your votes will count for ballots which are the same in your regular place. For example if you usually vote in Nassau but will vote in Manhattan then your votes for president and senator will count but your local choices wont count because youre not registered in that district.

ChipAyten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 08:46 PM
  #269
waldo17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 380
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by petejudge View Post
i got lucky this time, last year during irene we weren't nearly as lucky. our block was a disaster and nobody near me had power for 10+ days. this time it was only 3 days, with some spurts after that where we'd lose power for a few hours and then it'd come back. we had one last night again so i'm expecting more.

nassau county is still horrible, especially in the less wealthy neighborhoods which LIPA seems to love to go to last. i live in westbury and most of my neighbors are still without power. surrounding areas like mineola, carle place, east meadow, hicksville are pretty much at 100% power. we still don't even have traffic lights here. the obvious exception is garden city, and i feel bad for anyone living there. for a town so far from the shore garden city got destroyed.

we've taken in my two great aunts who live in garden city, their house is fine but with no power or heat two 90 year old women can't survive. my brother's house in long beach is pretty much destroyed, and they haven't marked it with whether or not it's condemned yet, so he's with us for the time being too. my friend christian in far rockaway lost everything he owns including his house and we weren't even sure if he was alive until i finally heard from him earlier today.

the gas lines have been the most shocking part of this. i saw a woman try and run over a cop for telling her not to cut a gas line. it's getting really awful and tempers are flaring. hopefully that gets solved sooner rather than later. thankfully i'm finally back to work and taking my classes at hofstra, so it's only a matter of time before things get back to normal.
east meadow is no where near one hundred percent power

waldo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 10:06 PM
  #270
Brooklyn Ranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn, of course
Posts: 7,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipAyten View Post
Cuomo stated if you cant reach your designated polling place you can vote at any polling place in NY and your votes will count for ballots which are the same in your regular place. For example if you usually vote in Nassau but will vote in Manhattan then your votes for president and senator will count but your local choices wont count because youre not registered in that district.
New Jersey is also allowing voters to go to any polling place in the State to vote.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 11:26 PM
  #271
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,071
vCash: 500
Had power in bethpage/levittown/hicksville area for a day and it went out again.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 12:50 AM
  #272
ChipAyten
NYR-LFC-NYG-NYY
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York City
Country: England
Posts: 3,831
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Had power in bethpage/levittown/hicksville area for a day and it went out again.
they probably had to do work on the lines and cut power intentionally. Should be back up soon.

ChipAyten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 06:37 AM
  #273
Kreider Typical
flex
 
Kreider Typical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,546
vCash: 500
everyone stay safe and warm during the nor'easter. if you're asked to evacuate, please do it. towns already ordering mandatory evacs for low-lying areas. if you have a pet, find a shelter you can bring it to! good luck everybody up there.

Kreider Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 09:01 AM
  #274
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!
 
Stugots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 6,376
vCash: 500
LIPA ****ing sucks.

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 01:07 PM
  #275
Baby Punisher
Registered User
 
Baby Punisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 2,452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FATCHAMALA11 View Post


More Avery.
This is my neighborhood, the pics & video don't do it justice. The area that the houses got washed away in the cat tails & marsh is called Fox beach. I doubt anyone will ever live down there again.

Baby Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:27 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.