HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brian Savage happy to join HF Boards

Old
11-06-2012, 12:53 AM
savey49
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Montreal smoke meat rocks!! No where like it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
Hello and welcome, Mr. Savage.

Quick question. Poutine or smoked meat?

savey49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 12:56 AM
savey49
Rookie User

Last game at the old Forum was an incredible night. All the ex captains on the ice passing the TORCH and the standing ovation for Maurice the ROCKET Richard. There are so many to list!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by x74Pacioretty74x View Post
This is surreal. Welcome aboard Brian!

Favorite NHL memory?

Old
11-06-2012, 12:58 AM
savey49
Rookie User

No but was called the MACHO MAN a few times!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb View Post
Are you related to Randy?

Old
11-06-2012, 01:00 AM
savey49
Rookie User

Pas ci bon maintenant!!!

QUOTE=JesusBouillon;55547279]Hey Brian, much respect for your effort to learn french while you were playing here.

Welcome.

En passant, comment est ton francais?[/QUOTE]

Old
11-06-2012, 01:05 AM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

This is so nice from you to take the time to answer. It will sound like an interview, I'm sorry in advance, but feel free to avoid some of these questions...

1- Do you believe the NHL is severe enough with hits to the head? Do they take the matter seriously enough?

2- Would you support a fighting ban, or if you think it's part of the game?

3- From what you've seen, do you think many players are using performance enhancing drugs? (I don't want names, hehe)

4- During the Patrick Roy / Mario Tremblay incident, were players actually taking sides? Did they support the decision to trade Roy?

5- Who was the worst roomate, and why?

Yeah, tough questions, I know....

DDs not undersized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 01:06 AM
savey49
Rookie User

Indimidation was bigger back in my earlier days in the NHL. The game has changed a lot. New rules allows the skilled players to perform without the clutching and grabbing they use to do in the old days. You have to be able to play the game now. Fights can always change to momentum of games for the good but sometimes for the bad. I remember a fight in the old forum with Domi and Brashear. Brashear was young and Domi was a heavy weight. Leafs were out paling us badly but Brash gave it to him and changed the momentum of the game and we went on to win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
Wow . This is surreal. It's awesome that you decided to join and share your input. Welcome to the board!

A couple questions for you. Obviously toughness is a big debate with the Habs, so how much do you value it? Is intimidation on the ice really that big of a factor? In terms of the Habs currently, is there enough grit on the roster? What's the feeling when someone drops the mitts, does it make you want to go all out next shift?

Old
11-06-2012, 01:14 AM
savey49
Rookie User

1. They are doing a much better job of policing it now.

2. Fighting is part of the game.

3. Drugs are not a big issue in NHL compared to other leagues. Never saw anyone take them during my career.

4. Patrick should have been pulled after the second period. Lots behind that story leading up to it.

5. Best roomy was Martin Rucinsky!! Worst was Brad May. Great friend but I snorned a bit and he would throw pillows every night at me!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
This is so nice from you to take the time to answer. It will sound like an interview, I'm sorry in advance, but feel free to avoid some of these questions...

1- Do you believe the NHL is severe enough with hits to the head? Do they take the matter seriously enough?

2- Would you support a fighting ban, or if you think it's part of the game?

3- From what you've seen, do you think many players are using performance enhancing drugs? (I don't want names, hehe)

4- During the Patrick Roy / Mario Tremblay incident, were players actually taking sides? Did they support the decision to trade Roy?

5- Who was the worst roomate, and why?

Yeah, tough questions, I know....

Last edited by One Man Rock Band: 11-06-2012 at 01:56 AM.
Old
11-06-2012, 01:16 AM
DAChampion

How would you rate the skill level in the game today to when you played 10 years ago?

If you were to build a magic machine and teleport one of your teams to the current game, do you think you would finish in the same place in the standings?

DAChampion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 01:22 AM
savey49
Rookie User

Skill level is much higher. Players are bigger and stronger then ever. Off ice conditioning is much more focused on hockey related movements.
I think the early mid 80's Edmonton Oilers would be a great team now. Gretz, Mess, Anderson, Kurri and Coffey would be fun to watch again at their peak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
How would you rate the skill level in the game today to when you played 10 years ago?

If you were to build a magic machine and teleport one of your teams to the current game, do you think you would finish in the same place in the standings?

Old
11-06-2012, 01:24 AM
savey49
Rookie User

Yes he robbed me there!!! I did an interview about that save a few years ago. I think it was in the TOP 10 Saves of that year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Well I do have to add....Welcome home Brian. 'Cause Montreal will always be your home for me, and HF Boards is the best hockey board of them all. No matter how harsh it is sometimes around here, it is still a tremendous board filled with great people, with great love and analysis of the game. And the GREAT news is that tons of newcomers have come in lately and are already bringing a whole lot to this board so it's not solely about the vets around here, just like a perfect team should be all about. But like every team....there are some goons around so don't mind them....

Again, welcome home and thanks for joining. 'Can't wait to see you bring your perspective on things.

On a humorous note.....what a save..... Has to be the time in your life when you were absolutely 100% sure to have a goal....Crosby reaction is just great.

Old
11-06-2012, 01:24 AM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

what are your thoughts about Galchenyuk?

Welcome to HF!

99GoHabsGo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 01:28 AM
savey49
Rookie User

I will have to check up on him. I haven't been following AHL at all this season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99GoHabsGo99 View Post
what are your thoughts about Galchenyuk?

Welcome to HF!

Old
11-06-2012, 01:31 AM
Jerky

Hey Brian, Welcome to the boards!

Living in Phoenix, maybe you can give us some insight into a young player over there by the name of Mikkel Boedker.

I recently caught hell from Habs fans for suggesting a trade between MTL and PHO that would send Desharnais and a draft pick to PHO for Boedker.

Being a Habs fan and living in Phoenix, I'm sure that you catch your fair amount of Habs and Coyotes games on tv (or live in PHO)

Can you give some insight into this kid's talent and weigh in on whether my offer was fair?

I think he's one of the most underrated players in the game today and is poised for a breakout.

thanks and again welcome aboard!

Jerky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 01:33 AM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

Quote:
Originally Posted by savey49 View Post
I will have to check up on him. I haven't been following AHL at all this season.
Okay cool, just to let ya know they he plays in OHL for the Sarnia Sting i believe he is too young for AHL this year

i think he will be the next superstar for the Habs for sure

GP 18
G11
A17
PTS28

99GoHabsGo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 01:34 AM
savey49
Rookie User

Thanks for the tip!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
Welcome to the boards, Brian! Always a fan of you in the CH.

If you need anything at all, feel free to ask.

One tip, stay away from the post game threads. A lot of us get really emotional after our boys lose. We don't mean most of the things we say!!

Old
11-06-2012, 01:35 AM
the watcher

This is awesome! Welcome to the boards brian!
Still remember me having the biggest smile on my face when i served u at move&pick back in the days

the watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 01:35 AM
savey49
Rookie User

HAHA!! There you go! I haven't been following hockey much besides my kids hockey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99GoHabsGo99 View Post
Okay cool, just to let ya know they he plays in OHL for the Sarnia Sting i believe he is too young for AHL this year

i think he will be the next superstar for the Habs for sure

GP 18
G11
A17
PTS28

Old
11-06-2012, 01:37 AM
savey49
Rookie User

He is the best skater on our team here. I think he is ready to break out too.Great guy off the ice too. He would look good in a HABS jersey. But I don't think he will be going anywhere soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerky View Post
Hey Brian, Welcome to the boards!

Living in Phoenix, maybe you can give us some insight into a young player over there by the name of Mikkel Boedker.

I recently caught hell from Habs fans for suggesting a trade between MTL and PHO that would send Desharnais and a draft pick to PHO for Boedker.

Being a Habs fan and living in Phoenix, I'm sure that you catch your fair amount of Habs and Coyotes games on tv (or live in PHO)

Can you give some insight into this kid's talent and weigh in on whether my offer was fair?

I think he's one of the most underrated players in the game today and is poised for a breakout.

thanks and again welcome aboard!

Old
11-06-2012, 01:38 AM
savey49
Rookie User

Loved that place!!! We went there at least once a month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the watcher View Post
This is awesome! Welcome to the boards brian!
Still remember me having the biggest smile on my face when i served u at move&pick back in the days

Old
11-06-2012, 01:49 AM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

Great to have you on board mr Savage! Hats off to you for taking so much time to answer questions.

I hope you are enjoying your post hockey life!

Gabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 02:02 AM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by savey49 View Post
He is the best skater on our team here. I think he is ready to break out too.Great guy off the ice too. He would look good in a HABS jersey. But I don't think he will be going anywhere soon.
If you haven't seen a lot of Desharnais before, you will respect the battles he had to get to the NHL and how hard he works to stay here.

Pacioretty stated a few times that Desharnais is the best center he has ever played with. Pacioretty has played with Koivu before, so that's pretty high praise.

One random question; what NHL player reminds you most of yourself?

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 02:02 AM
baback

Welcome to the boards Brian!

If you were to make a starting lineup (3F, 2D, 1G) of the best players you played with while in Montreal who would make the team? And what about players from other teams you were with?

Last question: Favourite goal you ever scored?

Cheers!

baback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 02:04 AM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Wow Brian its really nice to have you here. You were one of my favorites when I was younger. For your sake though I'm glad the board history doesn't go past 2003, not everybody was a big a fan of you as I was

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 02:21 AM
GoHomez

Welcome Brian, cool!

What was the toughest part in the transition of stepping away from the game?

What do you miss the most?

Last edited by GoHomez: 11-06-2012 at 02:33 AM.
GoHomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 02:41 AM
Plante

Nice to have you on Savey.

How do you think the Habs will do in an improved east when hockey comes back on?

Plante is offline   Reply With Quote