HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Colorado-Phoenix

Old
11-05-2012, 07:24 PM
Community
Former TMLKesselftw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DropkickQuinn View Post
How? Gormley is better than any defensive prospect the Leafs have, and is close to equivalent to Gardiner (higher upside, Gardiner more proven of course), who Leaf fans have made clear is untouchable. Avs have made it clear they dont need any wingers from the Leafs aside from the also untouchable Kessel, and the Leafs dont have any relevant winger prospects
Only because Avs fans believe Duchene is untouchable (rightly so). If Duchene was on the trading block I'm sure lots of Leaf fans would give up Gardiner+ for him. I've seen offers from Leaf fans that have offered Gardiner+ for Duchene which seems like a better deal considering Gormley is a relatively unknown commodity.

Last edited by Community: 11-05-2012 at 07:25 PM. Reason: clarification
Community is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 08:06 PM
The Brewmeister
#Winning.

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to The Brewmeister Send a message via Skype™ to The Brewmeister
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Yandle/OEL for Duchene/Stastny straight up is pretty fair.
Good luck convincing any coyote fan that Duchene for OEL is fair. OEL > Duchene, and I'd put money on it that 5 years from now, OEL is a top-10 d-man in the league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoppaForsberg View Post
Only way I trade Duchene to Phoenix is for OEL.
See above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermanPahlsson View Post
Please, go ahead and enlighten us with the Leafs offer then.
Rielly and/or Gardiner > Gormley

I'm a fan of both teams.

The Brewmeister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 08:11 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Kadri and Franson...

To the guy that said Reilly is better than Gormley, Gormley has two years of development Reilly does not have. For that reason, he is not better.

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 08:16 PM
Avs44

vCash: 3319
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brewmeister View Post
Good luck convincing any coyote fan that Duchene for OEL is fair. OEL > Duchene, and I'd put money on it that 5 years from now, OEL is a top-10 d-man in the league.
We don't have to convince anyone...just don't expect us to say yes to anything else

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 08:24 PM
FoppaForsberg*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brewmeister View Post

I don't think any Avs fan thinks that Coyote fans think the same way we do. Naturally Avs fan would say Duchene > OEL, and Coyote fans would say OEL > Duchene, fan bias.

FoppaForsberg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 08:28 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoppaForsberg View Post
I don't think any Avs fan thinks that Coyote fans think the same way we do. Naturally Avs fan would say Duchene > OEL, and Coyote fans would say OEL > Duchene, fan bias.
OEL > Duchene, but moreso because one just had their breakout year and the other just had what should hopefully be the worst year of their career.

I'd wager that 5 years from now the two are far closer in value than many Coyotes fans would care to admit.

Still, doesn't change the response from Avs fans. Stastny for Yandle, Duchy for OEL, minor shuffling on both sides of the table to even value out. But I wouldn't consider Duchy for Yandle. Pretty much the same impasse we've had for the past what... 4-5 months?

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 09:40 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post

I'd wager that 5 years from now the two are far closer in value than many Coyotes fans would care to admit.
If Duchene holds at a 50-60 pt center, then no it won't be very close value wise.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 11:54 PM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
If Duchene holds at a 50-60 pt center, then no it won't be very close value wise.
And what if Duchene shockingly manages to improve on his 67 pt 20 year old campaign?

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 12:35 AM
uncleben85
My face is my mask.

No way from Colorado.

Duchene's gonna be something real special!

and with O'Reilly and Landeskog kicking around.... whew! that teams gonna be good. Maybe not the fire power that RNH-Hall-Yak-Eberle have, but count in Stastny, Downie, McGinn(, Hushon, Sgarbossa) and Johnson(, Elliott, Siemens, Barrie, Gaunce) on D, this team is going to be good.

uncleben85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 12:38 AM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

vCash: 142
Quote:
Komisarek + 3rd

WarriorOfGandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 12:41 AM
Avs44

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorOfGandhi View Post
Komisarek + 3rd
Done. Add in The Bozak and we will throw in Landeskog.

Old
11-06-2012, 12:44 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntison View Post
Yandle for Duchene makes more sense to me.
Was thinking this myself. Although RoR would make more sense in Phoenix's system. But I think he'd be the least likely of all the Avs centres to be traded.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 01:54 AM
Avs44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Was thinking this myself. Although RoR would make more sense in Phoenix's system. But I think he'd be the least likely of all the Avs centres to be traded.
And as Avs fans have stated... Duchene for Yandle is a no go. Stastny for Yandle, yes, but we would want OEL if Duchene is going the other way.

Old
11-06-2012, 02:08 AM
CraniumCram
Syracuse '14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
And as Avs fans have stated... Duchene for Yandle is a no go. Stastny for Yandle, yes, but we would want OEL if Duchene is going the other way.
Does everyone really value OEL over Yandle? I mean Yandle is way more proven and has at least 40 points in all of his full seasons. OEL has one solid year of NHL under his belt.

CraniumCram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 01:18 PM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by cramdizzl View Post
Does everyone really value OEL over Yandle? I mean Yandle is way more proven and has at least 40 points in all of his full seasons. OEL has one solid year of NHL under his belt.
OEL outshining Yandle in the playoffs, while younger and less experienced, with more raw potential, does hold quite some weight. Same reason Dutchy has more value than Staz, even though Duchene has yet to break the 70 point mark that Staz has broken multiple times while playing superior D to Duchene.

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 10:17 AM
Duskog
Smugnorance is bliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleben85 View Post
No way from Colorado.

Duchene's gonna be something real special!

and with O'Reilly and Landeskog kicking around.... whew! that teams gonna be good. Maybe not the fire power that RNH-Hall-Yak-Eberle have, but count in Stastny, Downie, McGinn(, Hushon, Sgarbossa) and Johnson(, Elliott, Siemens, Barrie, Gaunce) on D, this team is going to be good.
I like the cut of this guy's jib.

Duskog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 11:40 AM
cobra427

Quote:
Originally Posted by cramdizzl View Post
GMDM thinks OEL is a Norris candidate. He was their best player in the playoffs, outside of Smith, all the way to the WCF, playing heavy minutes against the top lines. Yes, he has way more value then Yandle.

cobra427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 12:51 PM
TOGuy14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropkickQuinn View Post
How? Gormley is better than any defensive prospect the Leafs have, and is close to equivalent to Gardiner (higher upside, Gardiner more proven of course), who Leaf fans have made clear is untouchable. Avs have made it clear they dont need any wingers from the Leafs aside from the also untouchable Kessel, and the Leafs dont have any relevant winger prospects
Quote:
Gardiner or Rielly have at least equal, but likely greater value than Gormley.

Gardiner has has a great season in the NHL and been better the AHL thus far.

Rielly has been tearing it up in the WHL at nearly a PPG over the past two seasons (he missed time last year with an injury)

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 12:59 PM
pcamp

Everybody arguing over OEL and Duchene but they are really hard to compare siince OEL put up a surprisingly good season and Duchene put up a bad one. As far as Im concerned Duchene=OEL so no teams want to part with them. A Yandle-Statsny trade would make more sense IMO.

pcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 02:23 PM
sparxx87

No way the Avs make this deal.

They'd be foolish to give up on Duchene at this point. An unproven prospect with decent upside wouldn't even give them a debate. The answer would easily be no.

OEL would get the debate going. If you're trading a number 2 centre with 1st line upside, you're looking for a 2-3 guy with number 1 upside.

I doubt either team would be big on the Duchene/OEL swap, but the value is much closer then that of the deal proposed.

sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 07:47 PM
TOGuy14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxx87 View Post
No way the Avs make this deal.

They'd be foolish to give up on Duchene at this point. An unproven prospect with decent upside wouldn't even give them a debate. The answer would easily be no.

OEL would get the debate going. If you're trading a number 2 centre with 1st line upside, you're looking for a 2-3 guy with number 1 upside.

I doubt either team would be big on the Duchene/OEL swap, but the value is much closer then that of the deal proposed.
If OEL had to be on the table, I feel like Phoenix would be aiming for Landeskog instead of Duchene

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 08:53 PM
Avs44

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGuy14 View Post
If OEL had to be on the table, I feel like Phoenix would be aiming for Landeskog instead of Duchene
And the Avs would not even entertain discussions involving Landeskog.

Old
11-08-2012, 09:01 PM
Bonzai12

vCash: 767
Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
Not a big Duchene fan, and I still wouldn't do this. Phoenix would need to add.

Bonzai12 is offline   Reply With Quote