HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Colorado-Phoenix

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-05-2012, 07:24 PM
  #26
Community
Former TMLKesselftw
 
Community's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The Darkest Timeline
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,582
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DropkickQuinn View Post
How? Gormley is better than any defensive prospect the Leafs have, and is close to equivalent to Gardiner (higher upside, Gardiner more proven of course), who Leaf fans have made clear is untouchable. Avs have made it clear they dont need any wingers from the Leafs aside from the also untouchable Kessel, and the Leafs dont have any relevant winger prospects
Only because Avs fans believe Duchene is untouchable (rightly so). If Duchene was on the trading block I'm sure lots of Leaf fans would give up Gardiner+ for him. I've seen offers from Leaf fans that have offered Gardiner+ for Duchene which seems like a better deal considering Gormley is a relatively unknown commodity.


Last edited by Community: 11-05-2012 at 07:25 PM. Reason: clarification
Community is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 08:06 PM
  #27
The Brewmeister
#Winning.
 
The Brewmeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Hammer
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,215
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to The Brewmeister Send a message via Skype™ to The Brewmeister
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Yandle/OEL for Duchene/Stastny straight up is pretty fair.
Good luck convincing any coyote fan that Duchene for OEL is fair. OEL > Duchene, and I'd put money on it that 5 years from now, OEL is a top-10 d-man in the league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoppaForsberg View Post
Only way I trade Duchene to Phoenix is for OEL.
See above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermanPahlsson View Post
Please, go ahead and enlighten us with the Leafs offer then.
Rielly and/or Gardiner > Gormley

I'm a fan of both teams.

The Brewmeister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 08:11 PM
  #28
Zippy316
Registered User
 
Zippy316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,948
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermanPahlsson View Post
Please, go ahead and enlighten us with the Leafs offer then.
Kadri and Franson...

To the guy that said Reilly is better than Gormley, Gormley has two years of development Reilly does not have. For that reason, he is not better.

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 08:16 PM
  #29
Avs44
Registered User
 
Avs44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 7,572
vCash: 3319
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brewmeister View Post
Good luck convincing any coyote fan that Duchene for OEL is fair. OEL > Duchene, and I'd put money on it that 5 years from now, OEL is a top-10 d-man in the league.
We don't have to convince anyone...just don't expect us to say yes to anything else

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 08:24 PM
  #30
FoppaForsberg*
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 534
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brewmeister View Post
Good luck convincing any coyote fan that Duchene for OEL is fair. OEL > Duchene, and I'd put money on it that 5 years from now, OEL is a top-10 d-man in the league.

I don't think any Avs fan thinks that Coyote fans think the same way we do. Naturally Avs fan would say Duchene > OEL, and Coyote fans would say OEL > Duchene, fan bias.

FoppaForsberg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 08:28 PM
  #31
Lonewolfe2015
Registered User
 
Lonewolfe2015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 10,887
vCash: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoppaForsberg View Post
I don't think any Avs fan thinks that Coyote fans think the same way we do. Naturally Avs fan would say Duchene > OEL, and Coyote fans would say OEL > Duchene, fan bias.
OEL > Duchene, but moreso because one just had their breakout year and the other just had what should hopefully be the worst year of their career.

I'd wager that 5 years from now the two are far closer in value than many Coyotes fans would care to admit.

Still, doesn't change the response from Avs fans. Stastny for Yandle, Duchy for OEL, minor shuffling on both sides of the table to even value out. But I wouldn't consider Duchy for Yandle. Pretty much the same impasse we've had for the past what... 4-5 months?

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 09:40 PM
  #32
XX
... Waiting
 
XX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: 48th State
Country: United States
Posts: 27,183
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post

I'd wager that 5 years from now the two are far closer in value than many Coyotes fans would care to admit.
If Duchene holds at a 50-60 pt center, then no it won't be very close value wise.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 11:54 PM
  #33
cgf
Registered User
 
cgf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 10,469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
If Duchene holds at a 50-60 pt center, then no it won't be very close value wise.
And what if Duchene shockingly manages to improve on his 67 pt 20 year old campaign?

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 12:35 AM
  #34
uncleben85
My face is my mask.
 
uncleben85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Guelph, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,414
vCash: 500
No way from Colorado.

Duchene's gonna be something real special!

and with O'Reilly and Landeskog kicking around.... whew! that teams gonna be good. Maybe not the fire power that RNH-Hall-Yak-Eberle have, but count in Stastny, Downie, McGinn(, Hushon, Sgarbossa) and Johnson(, Elliott, Siemens, Barrie, Gaunce) on D, this team is going to be good.

uncleben85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 12:38 AM
  #35
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Country: Scotland
Posts: 13,394
vCash: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermanPahlsson View Post
Please, go ahead and enlighten us with the Leafs offer then.
Komisarek + 3rd

WarriorOfGandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 12:41 AM
  #36
Avs44
Registered User
 
Avs44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 7,572
vCash: 3319
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorOfGandhi View Post
Komisarek + 3rd
Done. Add in The Bozak and we will throw in Landeskog.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 12:44 AM
  #37
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,940
vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntison View Post
Yandle for Duchene makes more sense to me.
Was thinking this myself. Although RoR would make more sense in Phoenix's system. But I think he'd be the least likely of all the Avs centres to be traded.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 01:54 AM
  #38
Avs44
Registered User
 
Avs44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 7,572
vCash: 3319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Was thinking this myself. Although RoR would make more sense in Phoenix's system. But I think he'd be the least likely of all the Avs centres to be traded.
And as Avs fans have stated... Duchene for Yandle is a no go. Stastny for Yandle, yes, but we would want OEL if Duchene is going the other way.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 02:08 AM
  #39
CraniumCram
Syracuse '14
 
CraniumCram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Syracuse/Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 1,395
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
And as Avs fans have stated... Duchene for Yandle is a no go. Stastny for Yandle, yes, but we would want OEL if Duchene is going the other way.
Does everyone really value OEL over Yandle? I mean Yandle is way more proven and has at least 40 points in all of his full seasons. OEL has one solid year of NHL under his belt.

CraniumCram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 01:18 PM
  #40
cgf
Registered User
 
cgf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 10,469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cramdizzl View Post
Does everyone really value OEL over Yandle? I mean Yandle is way more proven and has at least 40 points in all of his full seasons. OEL has one solid year of NHL under his belt.
OEL outshining Yandle in the playoffs, while younger and less experienced, with more raw potential, does hold quite some weight. Same reason Dutchy has more value than Staz, even though Duchene has yet to break the 70 point mark that Staz has broken multiple times while playing superior D to Duchene.

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 10:17 AM
  #41
Duskog
Smugnorance is bliss
 
Duskog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 835
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleben85 View Post
No way from Colorado.

Duchene's gonna be something real special!

and with O'Reilly and Landeskog kicking around.... whew! that teams gonna be good. Maybe not the fire power that RNH-Hall-Yak-Eberle have, but count in Stastny, Downie, McGinn(, Hushon, Sgarbossa) and Johnson(, Elliott, Siemens, Barrie, Gaunce) on D, this team is going to be good.
I like the cut of this guy's jib.

Duskog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 11:40 AM
  #42
cobra427
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,373
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cramdizzl View Post
Does everyone really value OEL over Yandle? I mean Yandle is way more proven and has at least 40 points in all of his full seasons. OEL has one solid year of NHL under his belt.
GMDM thinks OEL is a Norris candidate. He was their best player in the playoffs, outside of Smith, all the way to the WCF, playing heavy minutes against the top lines. Yes, he has way more value then Yandle.

cobra427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 12:51 PM
  #43
TOGuy14
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DropkickQuinn View Post
How? Gormley is better than any defensive prospect the Leafs have, and is close to equivalent to Gardiner (higher upside, Gardiner more proven of course), who Leaf fans have made clear is untouchable. Avs have made it clear they dont need any wingers from the Leafs aside from the also untouchable Kessel, and the Leafs dont have any relevant winger prospects
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermanPahlsson View Post
Please, go ahead and enlighten us with the Leafs offer then.
Gardiner or Rielly have at least equal, but likely greater value than Gormley.

Gardiner has has a great season in the NHL and been better the AHL thus far.

Rielly has been tearing it up in the WHL at nearly a PPG over the past two seasons (he missed time last year with an injury)

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 12:59 PM
  #44
pcamp
Registered User
 
pcamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 701
vCash: 500
Everybody arguing over OEL and Duchene but they are really hard to compare siince OEL put up a surprisingly good season and Duchene put up a bad one. As far as Im concerned Duchene=OEL so no teams want to part with them. A Yandle-Statsny trade would make more sense IMO.

pcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 02:23 PM
  #45
sparxx87
Registered User
 
sparxx87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Etobicoke
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,550
vCash: 500
No way the Avs make this deal.

They'd be foolish to give up on Duchene at this point. An unproven prospect with decent upside wouldn't even give them a debate. The answer would easily be no.

OEL would get the debate going. If you're trading a number 2 centre with 1st line upside, you're looking for a 2-3 guy with number 1 upside.

I doubt either team would be big on the Duchene/OEL swap, but the value is much closer then that of the deal proposed.

sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 07:47 PM
  #46
TOGuy14
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxx87 View Post
No way the Avs make this deal.

They'd be foolish to give up on Duchene at this point. An unproven prospect with decent upside wouldn't even give them a debate. The answer would easily be no.

OEL would get the debate going. If you're trading a number 2 centre with 1st line upside, you're looking for a 2-3 guy with number 1 upside.

I doubt either team would be big on the Duchene/OEL swap, but the value is much closer then that of the deal proposed.
If OEL had to be on the table, I feel like Phoenix would be aiming for Landeskog instead of Duchene

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 08:53 PM
  #47
Avs44
Registered User
 
Avs44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 7,572
vCash: 3319
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGuy14 View Post
If OEL had to be on the table, I feel like Phoenix would be aiming for Landeskog instead of Duchene
And the Avs would not even entertain discussions involving Landeskog.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 09:01 PM
  #48
Bonzai12
Registered User
 
Bonzai12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Denver CO
Country: United States
Posts: 6,700
vCash: 767
Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
Not a big Duchene fan, and I still wouldn't do this. Phoenix would need to add.

Bonzai12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:15 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.