HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Phoenix Coyotes Lounge III

Closed Thread

Old
11-05-2012, 07:17 PM
doaner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MP View Post
What a coincidence! I also base my assessment of a person's moral and intellectual characteristics on their appearance and occupation.
Screw the heart and beliefs! I want the hard shell with a peanut for a brain. Ha ha

Old
11-05-2012, 07:21 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
Screw the heart and beliefs! I want the hard shell with a peanut for a brain. Ha ha
So would almost everyone who goes to the Coyotes games. It's not like there is a demand for overweight people to work as a cheerleader or to date an overweight cheerleader for that matter. What can we say? Today's society is quite shallow.

Last edited by Colt45Blast: 11-05-2012 at 07:42 PM.
Old
11-05-2012, 07:25 PM
doaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
So would almost everyone who goes to the Coyotes games. It's not like there is a demand for overweight people to work as a cheerleader or to date an overweight cheerleader for that matter.
Who said overweight? Nothing wrong with average or overweight ladies. What a stereotype that is, huh? Cheerleaders have to weigh X and get canned if they don't.

Old
11-05-2012, 07:28 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

Quote:
Who said overweight? Nothing wrong with average or overweight ladies. What a stereotype that is, huh? Cheerleaders have to weigh X and get canned if they don't.
I don't makeup the rules or control what others in society thinks! Women who serve food at Hooters will be fired if they go above a certain weight for example.

Old
11-05-2012, 07:30 PM
doaner

Quote:
I don't makeup the rules or control what others in society thinks! Women who serve food at Hooters will be fired if they go above a certain weight for example.
Yeah. It's pretty sexist and is why I don't go there.

Old
11-05-2012, 08:11 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Eh it's not like they don't know what they're getting into when they apply at places like that. They have no problem using their..umm...assets, to get hired so they shouldn't have a problem getting fired if they lose said assets. I suspect though most of them would agree which is why they'd even consider working there in the first place.

Old
11-06-2012, 02:25 AM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia McMillan View Post
You just had to pick the Packers fan though didn't you?

To be honest, being a packer fan is kind of a deal breaker, just like smoking and has a kid.

Old
11-06-2012, 02:27 AM
awfulwaffle

LMAO Todd Walsh blocked me on Twitter. That scrub blocked me because I questioned UofA's intentions on Matt Scott after he was throwing up on the field after being hit in the head. He stated I didn't know the facts, so I asked him what the facts were, and he never responded.

Old
11-06-2012, 02:44 AM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Here we go again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
LMAO Todd Walsh blocked me on Twitter.
Meh, no great loss there. I mean this is the guy who was referring to Tkachuk as Captain Coyote while Shane Doan is having more success in that role than Tkachuk dreamed of.

He was also insanely petty on the whole Bryzgalov situation. Regardless of your feelings there it was unprofessional.

Old
11-06-2012, 03:16 AM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
Meh, no great loss there. I mean this is the guy who was referring to Tkachuk as Captain Coyote while Shane Doan is having more success in that role than Tkachuk dreamed of.

He was also insanely petty on the whole Bryzgalov situation. Regardless of your feelings there it was unprofessional.
Oh I know there is no great loss, I just find it kind of funny. I would have liked to have him explain to me how UofA was right in what they did with that whole situation, especially since he was removed from the game this past week after being hit in the head again.

I'm not an expert with the brain by any means, but the fact he was throwing up, but finished the drive, then wasn't playing the rest of the game after that drive, and then a week later to be removed after another hit to the head, I'm guessing there was something wrong with him last week.

I do question the NCAA though, I thought there were rules in place to check a player for injury during the game, and make sure there aren't concussion symptoms?

Old
11-06-2012, 08:42 AM
MP

Quote:
Oh I know there is no great loss, I just find it kind of funny. I would have liked to have him explain to me how UofA was right in what they did with that whole situation, especially since he was removed from the game this past week after being hit in the head again.
I almost never watch football, but I did happen to see that hit. I can't believe they left him in. The broadcast crew couldn't believe they left him in. And I'm pretty sure nobody knew what "the facts" were at that point... least of all the player. All he knew was how many fingers Coach was holding up (2012) and what year it is (3) and what he'd eaten for the pregame meal (chicken goo marinated in Gatorade, plus some soft stringy ****, I don't know noodles maybe).

Poor Todd. Why do people continue to mistake him for a journalist? What do you mean by asking him for facts and ****? He's not about facts. Facts are for the guys in the truck. Todd's about feelings, and storylines, and what this moment means to you, [Prominent Arizona Sports Figure]. You'd think even he would have made the observation that American college athletics, as an institution, isn't about to put the players first or second or third. Maybe they're fifth. I mean you could make the argument that they're fifth. But they're nowhere near first, is my point.

Old
11-06-2012, 09:01 AM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP View Post
I almost never watch football, but I did happen to see that hit. I can't believe they left him in. The broadcast crew couldn't believe they left him in. And I'm pretty sure nobody knew what "the facts" were at that point... least of all the player. All he knew was how many fingers Coach was holding up (2012) and what year it is (3) and what he'd eaten for the pregame meal (chicken goo marinated in Gatorade, plus some soft stringy ****, I don't know noodles maybe).

Poor Todd. Why do people continue to mistake him for a journalist? What do you mean by asking him for facts and ****? He's not about facts. Facts are for the guys in the truck. Todd's about feelings, and storylines, and what this moment means to you, [Prominent Arizona Sports Figure]. You'd think even he would have made the observation that American college athletics, as an institution, isn't about to put the players first or second or third. Maybe they're fifth. I mean you could make the argument that they're fifth. But they're nowhere near first, is my point.
His tweet verbatum:

Todd Walsh ‏@ToddWalsh
@theawfulwaffle as usual you throw stones without researching the facts of the day.

Old
11-06-2012, 09:34 AM
Naurutger
Free Max!

Quote:
I do question the NCAA though, I thought there were rules in place to check a player for injury during the game, and make sure there aren't concussion symptoms?
There are:

Concussion Confusion

Quote:
In the timeout that followed the play on which Scott was injured, Arizona's head trainer observed the quarterback as he spoke to Rodriguez, and "there were no deficiencies identified through the observation" to suggest a concussion, Byrne said. (Byrne said that tape of the broadcast shows the trainer listening as the coach and player talk.) Scott returned to the field and after one play, Arizona called another timeout during which medical employees observed him again. And again, Byrne said, "there were no signs" to suggest a concussion.

After the touchdown, medical employees "continued to observe Matt," and as a "precaution," opted to withhold him from the rest of the game, Byrne said. Tests of Scott on Sunday and Monday offered no evidence of a concussion.
http://www.insidehighered.com/news/2...fer-concussion

His interview starts at the 1:49 mark also:

http://youtu.be/YfLgZ4GqGWk

Old
11-06-2012, 09:42 AM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
There are:

Concussion Confusion

http://www.insidehighered.com/news/2...fer-concussion

His interview starts at the 1:49 mark also:

http://youtu.be/YfLgZ4GqGWk
So he was observed, but was allowed to play. I guess I was wrong the whole time. I felt he wasn't checked until after the TD drive.

Old
11-06-2012, 02:06 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

Quote:
His tweet verbatum:

Todd Walsh ‏@ToddWalsh
@theawfulwaffle as usual you throw stones without researching the facts of the day.
I wouldn't worry about it. To be honest, if I did get a twitter account, chances are I would be using it more to flame so many people that I don't like anyway.

Old
11-06-2012, 02:24 PM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
I wouldn't worry about it. To be honest, if I did get a twitter account, chances are I would be using it more to flame so many people that I don't like anyway.
I troll the Suns constantly with my twitter account. I'm not as polished as the guy that pretends to be Robert Sarver, but I let them know how much I hate Sarver as the owner of the Suns.

Old
11-06-2012, 02:32 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

Quote:
I troll the Suns constantly with my twitter account. I'm not as polished as the guy that pretends to be Robert Sarver, but I let them know how much I hate Sarver as the owner of the Suns.
LOL

My flaming would be more towards certain athletes and much of the trash in Hollywood today.

Old
11-06-2012, 03:06 PM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
LOL

My flaming would be more towards certain athletes and much of the trash in Hollywood today.
The only player I want to trash is Bissonette. I do want to send a tweet to Vernon from the Dolphins for doing gangnam style after the punt block for TD against the jets though!

Old
11-06-2012, 04:45 PM
Naurutger
Free Max!

All election talk (I dont want to get in trouble today:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/fo...play.php?f=160

Old
11-07-2012, 04:52 AM
awfulwaffle

Everyone that's on twitter should ask @ToddWalsh why @theawfulwaffle was wrong in his Matt Scott questions.

I don't even know if he gets my tweets, but I just asked him this:

@toddwalsh Today I heard that the NHL is a rough sport. What's your take on that?

Old
11-17-2012, 08:53 PM
doaner

Wife and I just got back from running in the rugged maniac 5k this morning. It was so awesome! Covered with mud from head to toe.

Old
11-17-2012, 09:16 PM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Wife and I just got back from running in the rugged maniac 5k this morning. It was so awesome! Covered with mud from head to toe.
Nice, where was that at? I need to start doing marathons and such, I mean I can run just fine on an elliptical machine. Pat's Run is coming up soon I think?

Old
11-17-2012, 09:36 PM
doaner

Quote:
Nice, where was that at? I need to start doing marathons and such, I mean I can run just fine on an elliptical machine. Pat's Run is coming up soon I think?
It was at firebird raceway.

Old
11-17-2012, 10:17 PM
GiveAFlyingPuck
Gary Bettman Rocks!

vCash: 300
I hiked up Piestawa Peak yesterday. It about did me in. Getting old sucks. My 30 year old mind keeps talking my 50 year old body into doing things that tend to take too much time to recover from.

Not having the Coyotes to watch on Saturday nights sucks.

Old
11-22-2012, 08:35 AM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Closed Thread