HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Guess what? You're not funny.

Closed Thread

Old
11-06-2012, 08:13 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clock View Post
The most important thing taking place tonight is that I'm going to be eating PK's homemade lasagna.

Old
11-06-2012, 08:30 AM
brian_griffin
Measured Intangibles

Quote:
Time Warner just sent me a cute postcard, sans phone number, telling me how fantastic their service is and that in order for it to continue to be fantastic, I need to pay an extra 3.95 per month. That sounds like a great deal for fantastic!
They sent me that a few weeks ago. Says it was a "lease" or something, in order to continue to provide best service for the router they provided me. (And, no phone # on the postcard as to whom to call to refute.)

But, in reality, they didn't provide me a router. I used an old one my buddy from work was casting off when he upgraded.

Just got my bill yesterday. *****es gettin a call!!!

Old
11-06-2012, 08:36 AM
brian_griffin
Measured Intangibles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Navy Goat View Post
I received the shock of my life today getting a msg on facebook from an old partner in crime. This guy and I had partied, chased women and raised hell on 4 different continents until he left the service in the late 90s due to health issues with his parents and needing to take over the old farm.

Not having talked to him since he left the service or bothered checking his facebook page, I asked him if he'd be interested in a trip down South to 'relive' our youth if he could get away from the farm for a few weeks. He replied back that he no longer partakes in that as he's now following a new path but said we should keep in contact. Perplexed, I decided to check out his facebook page and 'bam' he's now married with a newborn, and is an ordained minister with his own ministry in Guatemala.

I figured, he was married and living the domesticated life with the hogs, chickens and crap that his family raised for Perdue and Jimmy Dean. I would of never figured that someone that knew every sleaze bar, strip club and brothel in over a dozen countries would ever take up the cloth. I was so depressed I went to the brass pole palace and had a medicinal shot in memory of the wild times we used to have.

Think I'm getting too old and maybe need to grow up one of these days.
That invoked a mental image of Old Navy Goat as Gene Wilder in Willy Wonka, turning to young Charlie near the conclusion of the movie, and wistfully saying, "But who will take care of the Oompa Loompas Strippers?"

Old
11-06-2012, 08:41 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

The Time Warner modem lease thing is a fiasco, but has roots all the way back to the Adelphia days.

Back when I was there, Adelphia implemented a modem lease fee across the board. They had no records of who we gave modems to, or who bought their own. When modems were added or removed from an account, there were no records kept on that either, other than a manual note if the tech decided to do it. The only way to remove the fee, officially, was to bring a receipt into your local office proving you bought the modem yourself. Total joke.

We would pull the fee off when someone called with a modem of a type we didn't install, but we got in trouble for that from time to time.

I'm sure it's a little better now, but probably not by much.

Old
11-06-2012, 10:58 AM
Mike McDermott
blah blah blah

Quote:
The most important thing taking place tonight is that I'm going to be eating PK's homemade lasagna.
Mini me's tae kwon do class, making grilled mac and cheese sandwiches and then voting is the order of operations for me to tonight.

(lasagna sounds great though providing it does have ricotta cheese.)

Old
11-06-2012, 11:00 AM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

So...what is this "eleksion dai" thing happening today...should I be doing something about it?

What sucks is with all the legal challenges and stuff we probably won't know who wins President/House (I'm in the Hochul/Collins district) for...weeks? Maybe?

Old
11-06-2012, 11:03 AM
Penalty Killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike McDermott View Post
Mini me's tae kwon do class, making grilled mac and cheese sandwiches and then voting is the order of operations for me to tonight.

oh, it has ricotta cheese.

Old
11-06-2012, 11:06 AM
Afino
The Juice

It MUST have ricotta.

Old
11-06-2012, 11:09 AM
gallagt01

I've been criticized all day for not wanting to vote today. I don't have an educated or informed vote, so is it really an issue that i'm not doing so? I feel like it'd be irresponsible to lend my voice to issues I know next-to-nothing about.

Old
11-06-2012, 11:12 AM
vcv
Deal with it

Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loods View Post
I've been criticized all day for not wanting to vote today. I don't have an educated or informed vote, so is it really an issue that i'm not doing so? I feel like it'd be irresponsible to lend my voice to issues I know next-to-nothing about.
I think the general thought is that you should vote since you have the right, where as people in some other countries have no right at all.

Ignoring the "exercising your right" aspect, I see no problem with abstaining if you don't feel you know the candidates and issues well enough.

Old
11-06-2012, 11:16 AM
Duddy
Everyday is

Austrian National TV has Live coverage from the Election from 5 or 6 PM Eastern (12AM our time) all the way to the morning (our time again).

Old
11-06-2012, 11:20 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Suffering

Quote:
If you have time to post here, you have time to educate yourself on the candidates, IMO.

Old
11-06-2012, 11:23 AM
Penalty Killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afino View Post
It MUST have ricotta.
It's gotta have ricotta. (I rhymed. )

Old
11-06-2012, 11:36 AM
Myllz
Pavelski Lite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penalty Killa View Post

Old
11-06-2012, 11:43 AM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
IMO there's a difference between abstaining because you don't agree with the options and abstaining because you are unaware. It's a civic responsibility to seek out information and learn about the options. And if after that you don't believe you can in good faith vote for a candidate, I can respect that (why there should be a "none-of-the-above" option). But to not vote out of ignorance is wrong, especially when the ignorance is known and can be rectified.

Old
11-06-2012, 11:46 AM
aceface33

Quote:
It MUST have ricotta.
Indeed. My sister in law makes lasagne with cottage cheese instead. That's a crime against nature.

Old
11-06-2012, 11:49 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegomyLeggio View Post
If you have time to post here, you have time to educate yourself on the candidates, IMO.
I'd agree with this. Very few candidates have fluid opinions. You can spend a few minutes on each website, see what they say about issues, and make a decision from that.

You don't need to watch political reporting to make your own choices. Honestly, you're better off if you don't.

Old
11-06-2012, 12:11 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Setting up the 2nd TV in my living room tonight. One with election coverage, the 2nd will be Halo 4.

Seems reasonable.

Old
11-06-2012, 12:11 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

F the election lockout meetings today

Old
11-06-2012, 12:29 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
http://www.isidewith.com/

Go here, do this survey. Takes less than 5 minutes. They'll give you a result of how close your opinions are with all of the candidates (not just the big two). This is an independently run website.

http://www.isidewith.com/about/

Whoever you agree with the most, vote for that guy. It really doesn't get any easier than that.

Old
11-06-2012, 12:38 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Yea, voting shouldn't be taken lightly either. There's just way too many ignorant voters that vote on race, religion, gender, or what friends and family are voting. I have educated myself pretty deeply about the candidates. I also have the experience of the last 4 years to draw an opinion on.

For those that hate politics... I respect that. To not take 20-30 minutes and read the bullet points from the candidates websites, then go vote for who you agree with more, is rather sad IMO. This country needs more educated and informed voters and less ignorant shallow votes.

Go vote. We are a privileged country to allow it. Think it thru.

Old
11-06-2012, 12:38 PM
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike McDermott View Post

Quote:
Quote:
It MUST have ricotta.
Quote:
It's gotta have ricotta. (I rhymed. )
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceface33 View Post
Indeed. My sister in law makes lasagne with cottage cheese instead. That's a crime against nature.
I dislike ricotta cheese. And make my lasagna without it.

Come at me bro's.

Old
11-06-2012, 12:39 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSchoolMaster View Post
I dislike ricotta cheese. And make my lasagna without it.

Come at me bro's.
Your taste buds. They are broken.

Old
11-06-2012, 12:42 PM
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
Your taste buds. They are broken.
Stuff makes me gag. No idea why. But there ya go.

Old
11-06-2012, 12:46 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSchoolMaster View Post
Stuff makes me gag. No idea why. But there ya go.
That's alright ... Everyone's taste bros are different. I hate cucumbers, those make me

Closed Thread