HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Edmonton Eskimos (IV): playoffs @ Toronto next week; Tillman fired

Closed Thread

Old
11-05-2012, 12:57 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
It's Ricky Ray, we'll destroy them. Back to the topic everyone wants to talks about.
I want to see RR buried headfirst in the turf, many times. With a couple classic illustrations of the RR fumble before throwing motion after blindside hits.

Lets see some of the two and out RR we know so well here. Or of errant passes hitting cheerleaders

I want the heat rattled RR.

BRING the heat. Find ways to get to him early. It pays dividends.

Old
11-05-2012, 02:09 PM
Q Continuum
You are Wrong

vCash: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
I want to see RR buried headfirst in the turf, many times. With a couple classic illustrations of the RR fumble before throwing motion after blindside hits.

Lets see some of the two and out RR we know so well here. Or of errant passes hitting cheerleaders

This.

Get to Ray early and he's lost for the rest of the game.

Old
11-05-2012, 02:18 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Unfortunately, the Eskimos sometimes forget that they have arguably the best pass rush in the league and they neglect to blitz the opposing QB. Why blitz when your D has the most INT's amirite?

EDIT: The Toronto media is already salivating about this match-up (I guess they forgot that the Esks beat the Argos twice this year) and they're crowing that no defense can touch Ray right now. He's in a zone... or something.

Old
11-05-2012, 02:28 PM
Doppler Drift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post

And pound the running game while on offense. If they do those 2 things the Green and Gold have an excellent chance to take this one.

Old
11-05-2012, 05:32 PM
Coldhardmitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Unfortunately, the Eskimos sometimes forget that they have arguably the best pass rush in the league and they neglect to blitz the opposing QB. Why blitz when your D has the most INT's amirite?

EDIT: The Toronto media is already salivating about this match-up (I guess they forgot that the Esks beat the Argos twice this year) and they're crowing that no defense can touch Ray right now. He's in a zone... or something.
Absolutely pathetic breakdown by TSN. My favourite was "the Argos are the prohibitive favourites and they deserve to be". Just next to begging the Toronto sports fan to pay attention.

Old
11-05-2012, 06:14 PM
MoneyGuy

Kavis says the coaches have decided who starts at QB but he's not saying just yet. That's how it should be; keep it to yourself, Kavis, and keep the Argos guessing. We know who they'll be playing and I hope Ricky gets a really rough ride. He'll be charged up to beat his former team, but his excitement could hurt him. He is more emotional than what he shows but he keeps it inside. I hope the D-line pressures him all game long and rattles him and he tosses some picks.

Old
11-05-2012, 06:31 PM
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

vCash: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppler Drift View Post
And pound the running game while on offense. If they do those 2 things the Green and Gold have an excellent chance to take this one.
If Boyd can run like he was against the Stamps, then I say we have an excellent chance. I've said it before and I'll say it again, a strong running game and defense will give any team a chance to win. If our D can be consistent (ie not give up a big pass play), then we should have a very good chance to win.

I have to think Kavis is going to start Nichols and not Joseph. Especially after Stamps complimented Nichols during the week.

11-05-2012, 07:23 PM
Kyle McMahon

Pretty funny that Toronto is "heavily favoured" after losing to us twice and looking below average in the majority of their games this year.

The key is whether or not we run the ball enough to put up points on a pretty good Toronto defense. I'm confident our defense will not have issues keeping Ray in check, as long as we bring some pressure. Ray is not effective at all when faced with consistent blitzing. We should know this better than anyone. If Howard was able to shake the rust off on Friday and is back in form on Sunday, that would be a huge benefit.

I'm actually cautiously optimistic that Reed might start Nichols. There are literally zero reasons to start Joseph. Go with the guy that's put up 50 points in 4.5 quarters, please.

Old
11-05-2012, 10:29 PM
Halibut

Since we havent run the ball all season it seems like people are fantasizing when they talk about it being a big part of this game. The only times we've run the ball is if we've got a decent lead. I'm willing to bet this game will come down to who can move the ball in the air and which defence can shut that down.

Old
11-05-2012, 10:41 PM
Kyle McMahon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halibut View Post
Since we havent run the ball all season it seems like people are fantasizing when they talk about it being a big part of this game. The only times we've run the ball is if we've got a decent lead. I'm willing to bet this game will come down to who can move the ball in the air and which defence can shut that down.
I agree that it's unlikely our coaches are bright enough to run the ball, but there's always that off chance. They have ran it on occassion. And when they do, we win.

If it's both teams trying to put on an air show, as I suspect it probably will be, we can look forward to an 18-15 type of game. Both defenses should keep the passing game in check if it's not supported by any kind of run game. And if we're trying to go pass-heavy with Joseph, god help us. Probably a 20-3 loss in that scenario.

Old
11-05-2012, 11:16 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 7000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halibut View Post
We ran the ball quite a bit and were pretty effective with it just last week.

Old
11-05-2012, 11:57 PM
Six in O6

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
We ran the ball quite a bit and were pretty effective with it just last week.
I agree with you. Additionally, we were losing in the third quarter when Boyd had most of his yards. Not sure what kind of glue is being passed around by the previous poster.

Old
11-06-2012, 12:19 AM
DrDrai

If Boyd is our go to guy I can see him having a huge game over 125 yards, he still hasn't had a game to truly prove himself and what a great game to do that. Hopefully Nichols plays and PLAYS lol well and Howard destroys ray

Last edited by DrDrai: 11-06-2012 at 11:49 AM. Reason: I apparently wanted a qb to die, stupid iPhone
Old
11-06-2012, 12:59 AM
RipsADrive
Maybe next year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240SX93 View Post
If Boyd is our go to guy I can see him having a huge game over 125 yards, he still hasn't had a game to truly prove himself and what a great game to do that. Hopefully Nichols plays and dies well and Howard destroys ray
Well wouldn't that just be the icing on the cake for our quaterback controversy this year.

Joking aside, I've got an uncharacteristically good feeling about this game. Like others have been saying, I'm really hoping Ricky is down on the turf for most of the game.

Old
11-06-2012, 01:53 AM
Tyrolean

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240SX93 View Post
If Boyd is our go to guy I can see him having a huge game over 125 yards, he still hasn't had a game to truly prove himself and what a great game to do that. Hopefully Nichols plays and dies well and Howard destroys ray
Boyd should be the main rb for this game as Charles is hurt. Use Messam for blocking and in relief only.

Boyd is as stoked as Ray to win the game I imagine.

Old
11-06-2012, 03:13 AM
eskies4life

vCash: 535
Wow do I love Tencer even more after tonight, completely went after Tillman. I know I was a Tillman defender at a point but after seeing more of this stuff come to light I am the exact opposite and am so relieved that he is gone.

Old
11-06-2012, 05:29 AM
AJGass4

You think RR's excitment will get to him?

I often wondered if the guy had a pulse. Didn't matter what he did out there, he was always the same. I can't even remember him throwing a fist pump after a good completion or any anger after a bad throw. I also don't ever remember him pointing a finger at himself when he threw a bad one. That is the one thing that always bugged me about him.

I know it's good to be calm, but the guy never looked like he gave much of a damn.

Old
11-06-2012, 06:25 AM
Ser Woof
Pull the trigger

vCash: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJGass4 View Post

I often wondered if the guy had a pulse. Didn't matter what he did out there, he was always the same. I can't even remember him throwing a fist pump after a good completion or any anger after a bad throw. I also don't ever remember him pointing a finger at himself when he threw a bad one. That is the one thing that always bugged me about him.

I know it's good to be calm, but the guy never looked like he gave much of a damn.
Not being overly emotional and not showing any emotion are two completely different things; the hyperbole is not particularly accurate. Sure, Ray wasn't a Burris or a Lulay where he's running down the field jumping up and down but there were definitely moments where he did show some emotion.

Old
11-06-2012, 08:14 AM
MoneyGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJGass4 View Post

Stuff gets to him more than he shows. He keeps it inside. He gets rattled.

Old
11-06-2012, 09:01 AM
Gord
MoneyGuy is smarter

vCash: 1275
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskies4life View Post
Wow do I love Tencer even more after tonight, completely went after Tillman. I know I was a Tillman defender at a point but after seeing more of this stuff come to light I am the exact opposite and am so relieved that he is gone.
I agree with the people who wonder where the media was for the last 6 months.
seems like they are just piling on Tillman right now, when lots of this stuff has been ongoing.
considering how many people in Eskimo management have quit in the last two years, someone needs to do some digging to what's going on. Seems with the talk about Rhodes actions, he needs to be looked at, too.
Hopefully after the season is over. some things get taken care of.

but for the game.
I hope the esks, freed from the chains of tillman, rise to the top and emerge victorious.
reality calling me, I say the argos win. they have a good defense which is healthier than Edmonton's. And lets face it. they have the better QB.

Old
11-06-2012, 11:42 AM
MoneyGuy

I think that Joseph starts this weekend but that both QBs will play. I don't see this as a bad thing. Maybe that will help dispel the view that Tillman directed personnel decisions and it was his call that Joseph gets all this playing time.

Old
11-06-2012, 11:55 AM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
I think that Joseph starts this weekend but that both QBs will play. I don't see this as a bad thing. Maybe that will help dispel the view that Tillman directed personnel decisions and it was his call that Joseph gets all this playing time.
Can you explain why you think Joseph starting isn't a bad thing?

Old
11-06-2012, 11:58 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
Can you explain why you think Joseph starting isn't a bad thing?
Start the young kid if he fails how do you convince Joesph that you have faith in him?

Old
11-06-2012, 12:00 PM
flashy
Fire Tambellini.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
I don't think that was Tillman. That was our good buddy Kavis, in fact, Kavis is the reason why Crandell wasnt fired.

Old
11-06-2012, 12:02 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 140
I have to ask, are all the coaching errors made this year are being swept away because Reed had too much on his plate?

Closed Thread