HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

KHL (Kontinental Hockey League) 2012-2013 season part II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-06-2012, 05:58 AM
  #76
Faterson
Registered User
 
Faterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bratislava
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,436
vCash: 500
They say Sparta, Slavia and Slovan have fans, while Lev mostly only has spectators, if you get the difference. The inner passion/fire may yet be lacking for a newly/artificially created hockey club. Perhaps after reevaluating the situation, they will decide it's unnecessary to re-invent the wheel and will replace Lev by Sparta in the KHL next season.

In other coaching news, Dinamo Riga have also just fired their Finnish head coach...

Faterson is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 06:07 AM
  #77
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,585
vCash: 500
F Sublobov traded from Traktor to Spartak for 5th round pick at KHL draft 2013

vorky is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 06:22 AM
  #78
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,703
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
Lev Prague & Sparta Prague swap coaches:
  • Jandač from Lev to Sparta
  • Sýkora (ex-SKA coach) from Sparta to Lev
And of course the rumour mill saying Sparta will play in the KHL next season instead of Lev, keeps on spinning...
Lev will cease to exist?

cska78 is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 06:22 AM
  #79
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,703
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
F Sublobov traded from Traktor to Spartak for 5th round pick at KHL draft 2013
lol, this guy

cska78 is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 07:04 AM
  #80
Faterson
Registered User
 
Faterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bratislava
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,436
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
Lev will cease to exist?
Only according to the rumour mill... Sarcastic observers say that, Lev having completed its mission (= making KHL feel welcome in the Czech Republic), it will move on so that there can be a Lev Budapest or Lev Bucharest next season, perhaps leaving a new trail of debts behind like it did in Poprad...

The last part is a sarcastic joke, but I do get the impression from Czech media that Czech hockey fans are slowly getting used to accept the idea that Sparta Prague might join the KHL one day... whereas a year ago, any such idea would be immediately dismissed as outrageous. If Lev Prague manages to change the Czech people's attitude towards the KHL, then it would indeed be "Mission Accomplished" for Lev Prague, even if it only were a one-year project.

Faterson is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 08:18 AM
  #81
Torsten S
Registered User
 
Torsten S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Markranstädt, Saxony
Country: Germany
Posts: 41
vCash: 500
To fold Lev and replace it by Sparta would be a weird step for me. They just started to build up a new product with a unique brand so they should have patience to develop Lev as a separate thing besides Sparta and Slavia. When I remember the atmosphere at the game versus SKA one month ago, I see enough support for Lev and spectators will become fans after a while. It’s more important, to move to O2 Arena permanently.

The whole thing reminds me a bit of the soccer project, Red Bull is doing in Leipzig. They also had only spectators in the beginning. But with a modern venue, good sports and a family friendly atmosphere many of them turned to fans after a short time. But that's a question of years, not months!

Torsten S is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 11:06 AM
  #82
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,886
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
Only according to the rumour mill... Sarcastic observers say that, Lev having completed its mission (= making KHL feel welcome in the Czech Republic), it will move on so that there can be a Lev Budapest or Lev Bucharest next season, perhaps leaving a new trail of debts behind like it did in Poprad...

The last part is a sarcastic joke, but I do get the impression from Czech media that Czech hockey fans are slowly getting used to accept the idea that Sparta Prague might join the KHL one day... whereas a year ago, any such idea would be immediately dismissed as outrageous. If Lev Prague manages to change the Czech people's attitude towards the KHL, then it would indeed be "Mission Accomplished" for Lev Prague, even if it only were a one-year project.
no they are not.

zorz is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 11:15 AM
  #83
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
That's a good joke, Atas. I admire your naivety. Of course the only reason Slovaks aren't playing in the EuroTour is because we're not allowed to. This has been common knowledge for 2 decades. If it had been possible, we would have played there every year, instead of just once in 20 years (something like 10 years ago was the last time).
You are missing the point by a mile. EHT is nt an IIHF event. Nobody can allow or disallow the slovaks to join but the 4 participating federations. And when exactly you would play in the EHT? There are 4 tournaments during the regular season already. There is a reason all those preparation tournaments have about 4 nations participating. Otherwise it wouldn't work. AND Slovaks never inquired to join.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
It's 100% fair because the rule would be applied to every team equally. It's Neftekhimik's fault if their best player is a 20-year-old as you allege. Besides, you're just fantasizing because Yakupov will hardly be spending any time in Europe at all if there is a regular NHL season next year.
1. You have a strange sense of fair competition. Wasn't that you complaining about so many slovak players left without games after the KHL regular season? And there they would be in the same situation as any other team. Here you state it's the teams' problem if they had to release their players for some tournament outside the regular season while others wouldn't just because they have older players carriing the load. I wouldn't want to play any game against you. You understanding of fairness is pretty unique.

2. Nobody fantasizes here. Yakupov plays for Neftekhmik because of the lockout , yes. But there is a whole bunch of youngsters with important roles on their KHL teams. Why should those teams pay the price for having young talent on the roster?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
Yep, absolutely and totally non-competitive compared to them. It doesn't really matter if Slovakia finishes first or last in this week's mini-tournament in Germany, whereas every KHL game matters a lot. Maybe your EuroTour games aren't so non-competitive, but that doesn't apply to the cr*ppy mini-tournaments that the Slovaks have been forced to participate in over the last 20 years. Besides, all these prep games are frequently used just to test out potential new national team players, rather than players who will actually play for Slovakia in top events. For this week's international tournament, there is no NHL player on Slovakia's roster -- no Chára, no Šatan, no Višňovský, no Sekera, even no Staňa. Záborský cancelled his participation earlier today. The tourney is mostly an opportunity for coach Vůjtek to test younger players.
Your logic is from another planet. Nobody can 'force' slovaks to participate in some particular tournament. Please complain with your federation. They should negotiate better tournaments for the NT. Heck, it's a lockout year. Go play against NHL stars. You can't organize that? Why is that anybody's fault? And there is a revelation for you. EHT is never played with best rosters either. So what? It's a test for younger players, players with no international experience too. No Ovechkin, no Malkin, no Datsyuk, no Kovalchuk. It's just the same as the other international tournaments during the break.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
I don't care about that... Right now, the World Championships are pretty much a travesty, allowing only those NHL players to participate who have failed with their respective NHL teams. Whereas those who are having perhaps the best season of their lives, cannot play at the WC at all. What's prestigious about that?
What's better a WC without NHLers or one with some few?

Atas2000 is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 11:58 AM
  #84
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,886
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
there was bargaining, russian hockey federation (FHR) wanted longer international breaks, so we have them. You know, FHR is only institution which can organise hockey league in Russia. FHR delegated this right to KHL for money cash, limits for foreigners, limit for juniors, international breaks etc. Something like CBA negotiations. KHL needs to be independent from FHR (IIHF) like NHL, it should happen after Sochi Games
thank god for FHR. I dont want european hockey to be ****ed up the same way it is in north america.

zorz is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 01:44 PM
  #85
fredrikstad
Registered User
 
fredrikstad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fredrikstad, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 1,162
vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
It should NEVER happen. I will neer understand that fightig for a league which will start to dictate some stupid rules. National teams are just another level. I want better hockey as a fan. The national team should get all the time in the world. The KHL is entertaining but it's just not the same level. AND we need a foreigner limit for now. Period.
I completely agreed on this one. It's so sad that the NHL can play outside The IIHF and make their one rules.

fredrikstad is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 02:24 PM
  #86
fredrikstad
Registered User
 
fredrikstad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fredrikstad, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 1,162
vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
thank god for FHR. I dont want european hockey to be ****ed up the same way it is in north america.
+1
And there are many many North Americans, complaining about a 82 games RS in NHL. They even complain against the 30 team league.. a diluted league.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...650526/?page=1


Read the comments. Almost everybody want a 18-20 teams league with 50-60 games RS.
That would gain the game because the players would always have fresh legs.

I really don't hope The KHL increase it's number of teams and RS games.
As you say, it will f##k up european hockey.

The NHL is a fantasy league

fredrikstad is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 02:59 PM
  #87
Faterson
Registered User
 
Faterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bratislava
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,436
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
Nobody can allow or disallow the slovaks to join but the 4 participating federations.
That's exactly what I was talking about. Slovaks just aren't welcome in the EuroHockeyTour, never have been. And stop arguing with strawmen, Atas, if you will. Don't pretend I said something I never said, and argue with it. (For example, I never suggested EuroHockeyTour was an IIHF event.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
AND Slovaks never inquired to join.
That's complete bull****. You're either trolling here, or extremely ignorant. Slovaks have been trying to join for 20 years, and they've been rejected for 20 years. It's the 4 countries' perfect right to want to isolate themselves from the rest, but at least don't talk bull**** about it.

Your point (if there is any) about Yakupov and younger players is so devoid of logic I'm unable to reply any further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
What's better a WC without NHLers or one with some few?
What's better: World Championships with all NHL stars, or one with a few? A tournament that does justice to its name, or one that's been a parody of it for decades?

Faterson is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 10:23 PM
  #88
ult
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 1,643
vCash: 500
I'd just say that majority of Russians have the same point of view as me. Or the other way around, doesn't matter. The point is - screw the FHR. EHTs are worthless and should be canceled. In fact the most common way of calling it on Russian websites is Евродурь. We want smooth championship, without those ridiculous 10 day breaks. I'm with Shalaev, Leonid Weisfeld and other guys.

As for European hockey, it is none of our business. In fact KHL should quit iihf. I'm just patiently waiting till the Olympics are over.

ult is offline  
Old
11-07-2012, 03:42 AM
  #89
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,886
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ult View Post
I'd just say that majority of Russians have the same point of view as me. Or the other way around, doesn't matter. The point is - screw the FHR. EHTs are worthless and should be canceled. In fact the most common way of calling it on Russian websites is Евродурь. We want smooth championship, without those ridiculous 10 day breaks. I'm with Shalaev, Leonid Weisfeld and other guys.

As for European hockey, it is none of our business. In fact KHL should quit iihf. I'm just patiently waiting till the Olympics are over.
Why waiting then? Dont be gutless, do what you have to do now.

zorz is offline  
Old
11-07-2012, 03:55 AM
  #90
ult
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 1,643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
Why waiting then? Dont be gutless, do what you have to do now.
That is simple. Those damn chinushas at FHR are trying to show that they matter, doing some useless **** to cover their ***** in case if Russia doesn't take gold in Sochi. It's so politicized it makes me sick. It doesn't matter if we take gold or not, but things are to change after 2014. Mark my words.

Why waiting? Because it's 2012 and OG are in 2014th. So why don't you stop pretending like you understand a thing about Russian hockey.

ult is offline  
Old
11-07-2012, 04:00 AM
  #91
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,886
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ult View Post
That is simple. Those damn chinushas at FHR are trying to show that they matter, doing some useless **** to cover their ***** in case if Russia doesn't take gold in Sochi. It's so politicized it makes me sick. It doesn't matter if we take gold or not, but things are to change after 2014. Mark my words.

Why waiting? Because it's 2012 and OG are in 2014th. So why don't you stop pretending like you understand a thing about Russian hockey.
lol, Im not. Just some people should understand that things like international schedule are not about Russian hockey. Your Russian hockey is not centre of the universe.

zorz is offline  
Old
11-07-2012, 04:06 AM
  #92
ult
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 1,643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
lol, Im not. Just some people should understand that things like international schedule are not about Russian hockey. Your Russian hockey is not centre of the universe.
Then why do you even care if we quit eht? Let us decide our schedule for ourselves. KHL can and should be self-sufficient.

ult is offline  
Old
11-07-2012, 04:14 AM
  #93
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,886
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ult View Post
Then why do you even care if we quit eht? Let us decide our schedule for ourselves. KHL can and should be self-sufficient.
No it shouldnt. What I say long term is as long as hockey doesnt go the same way as soccer - clear rules and international breaks mandatory for everybody as well as international events mandatory to respect for everybody - it will stay minor sport nobody cares about, especially if its going now to be under control of 2 independent leagues (NHL, KHL). If that happens, hockey is going to be completely dead sport, which bothers me.

You really think more people will come to see KHL games if they add 10-20 RS games? Then let me just

zorz is offline  
Old
11-07-2012, 04:40 AM
  #94
ult
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 1,643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
You really think more people will come to see KHL games if they add 10-20 RS games? Then let me just
I don't understand what you are trying to say. That fans would rather not have additional home games of their favorite team? That can't be what you're saying. You can't be this stupid.

I think all additional games will have the same average attendance.

ult is offline  
Old
11-07-2012, 04:51 AM
  #95
SoundAndFury
Registered User
 
SoundAndFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
What I say long term is as long as hockey doesnt go the same way as soccer - clear rules and international breaks mandatory for everybody as well as international events mandatory to respect for everybody - it will stay minor sport nobody cares about:
Do you really think that's the reason hockey is minor sport? Let me just

SoundAndFury is offline  
Old
11-07-2012, 04:52 AM
  #96
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,585
vCash: 500
I see attitude both ult and zorz

I think KHL will be independent from IIHF after Sochi. It is not possible to work within current "order" for KHL. Until Sochi games it is understandable (to work within status quo) because of agreement with FHR not to make major changes until 2014.

I would not be suprised if KHL worked according to Suiss law later. Maybe not. Similar like Nord Stream and South Stream are based in Zug
Relationship to EU law is important.

zorz said it is not good if 2 leagues control whole hockey world. Yes, agree. Nobody says that KHL would behave like NHL (not allowing players to WC due to play-offs or so). Look, KHL suggested to play WC during february where all best of best are (also NHLers). If KHL did not care about international hockey/NT/WC, it would not suggest this. KHL would simply create an organisation independent from FHR, start RS in September, finish RS in April, finish play off in June, not allowing players to WC. But, KHL does not want it. KHL wants to change current status quo.

Current status quo, WC in May, is out-of-date. Why? Hockey in Europe does not work like this anymore. You dont have national leagues which finish season on April. At least one league would like to finish season later. Accidentally it is best league, which will expand in near future.Current status quo must be change and I am sure it will

vorky is offline  
Old
11-07-2012, 05:53 AM
  #97
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,703
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
I agree with zorz, there should be one hockey governing body, only NHL should comply as well.

cska78 is offline  
Old
11-07-2012, 05:56 AM
  #98
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,886
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundAndFury View Post
Do you really think that's the reason hockey is minor sport? Let me just
Of course its part of the problem that this whole sport is ruled by a bunch of businessmen instead the worlds hockey movement (organized in national federations and IIHF).

zorz is offline  
Old
11-07-2012, 08:28 AM
  #99
Faterson
Registered User
 
Faterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bratislava
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,436
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
Current status quo, WC in May, is out-of-date. Why? Hockey in Europe does not work like this anymore. You dont have national leagues which finish season on April.
This is the crucial point. Playing the World Championships in May is obsolete, because the idea of WCs in May is from an era when there were no play-offs in European hockey leagues back then. Starting from the 1990s, however, Europe began imitating the NHL's play-offs, resulting in an ever-widening gap between the end of the (regular) season (especially for non-playoff and early playoff-exit players) and the beginning of the World Championships. The current KHL season will set a new negative record gap in this regard: 2.5 months . This arrangement is not sustainable in the long run.

In contrast, there are no play-offs in European football leagues. Therefore, unlike in hockey, it makes perfect sense to play top international football events in June to close out the season -- because all the national football leagues, all teams and all players, can be arranged to finish playing at the same time, in the same week. Because of the play-offs, this will never again be possible in hockey, and therefore a season-ending international hockey tournament is outdated nonsense. It should be cancelled or moved ahead to, say, February or April, so that the national leagues could be completed afterwards, without undue pressure in the games schedule or undue reduction of games played per season. I believe each regular season should last until the end of March at least.


Last edited by Faterson: 11-07-2012 at 08:40 AM.
Faterson is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 06:56 PM
  #100
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,703
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
http://www.sports.ru/tribuna/blogs/m...medium=twitter

great work on % of players in the pros based on cities and countries

cska78 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:22 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.