HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Leafs - Avs

Old
11-05-2012, 03:45 PM
Kamal007
GOD DAMMIT

vCash: 50
In b4 Warriorofgandi mentions bozak

Kamal007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 03:52 PM
HockeyGuruPitka

vCash: 500
This is the "make good" proposal on behalf of leaf fans to all naiive Avalanche fans. Leafs say no and would like to propose a treaty of never discussing a trade with Colorado ever again unless its confirmed with link.

HockeyGuruPitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 05:19 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
This is the "make good" proposal on behalf of leaf fans to all naiive Avalanche fans. Leafs say no and would like to propose a treaty of never discussing a trade with Colorado ever again unless its confirmed with link.
That's a wonderful dream but now who's being naive?

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 05:23 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

It seems like a risk-risk deal for both...

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 05:27 PM
BrickAHL
#Shermy is ELEPHANT

vCash: 432
Good deal but no thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
Even if it is confirmed with a link, I still don't think our two fanbases should discuss it.

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 05:39 PM
capitalsrock

this is an excellent proposal and leafs fans do not understand that you have to give to get. you are not going to get a #1 center by throwing in a bunch of players you want to get rid of such as colborne or macarthur. gardiner is necessary to this proposal and you can't just remove him and expect to get stastny back.

capitalsrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 05:42 PM
The Saurus

Hahaha.

Yeah, I don't think the Leafs do that deal.

Hahahaha.

The Saurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 05:43 PM
Bernier the Boats
Formerly BBurke

The main issue here is Gardiner should be able to fetch a better centre in a package.

Bernier the Boats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 06:12 PM
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV

vCash: 5100
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBurke View Post
The main issue here is Gardiner should be able to fetch a better centre in a package.
Like whom? Maybe Getzlaf at the deadline, but he's almost certain to re-sign.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 10:46 AM
Inverted

Alot to give up for a player who's numbers have been on the decline since last two seasons not to forget he comes with a cap hit $6.6 mil for another two seasons.

Inverted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 11:29 AM
roboninja
EYG

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0MER View Post
Alot to give up for a player who's numbers have been on the decline since last two seasons not to forget he comes with a cap hit $6.6 mil for another two seasons.
Exactly. Stastny is paid like a #1C, but has not played like it since he signed that deal. I am of the opinion he is greatly overvalued and would decline this deal from the Leafs perspective. I do not see him as their answer at C. I'd rather have either of the other Cs from the Avs.

roboninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 11:32 AM
cgf

lol Give Staz a winger like Kessel instead of Kobascrew, Lindstrom and a drunk Davey Jones, and he'll easily put 80+ points.

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 11:40 AM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBurke View Post
Sabres fan agreeing. The Leafs would be stupid to do OP's proposal. Gardiner + should bring back something better than a guy who hasn't even cracked 60 points in the last 2 seasons.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 11:56 AM
Avs44

vCash: 3319
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
Sabres fan agreeing. The Leafs would be stupid to do OP's proposal. Gardiner + should bring back something better than a guy who hasn't even cracked 60 points in the last 2 seasons.
Exactly. Leafs keep Gardiner, we keep Stastny as well as all our other centers. Leafs look elsewhere to find a center. Deal?

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 12:02 PM
The Saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
Exactly. Leafs keep Gardiner, we keep Stastny as well as all our other centers. Leafs look elsewhere to find a center. Deal?
The Avalanche would make out like bandits if the main piece coming back in a trade for Stastny was a young player with Jake Gardiner's potential.

Indeed. Colorado will not be receiving a young player of Jake's calibre and potential in return for Stastny.

Old
11-06-2012, 12:04 PM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus View Post
The Avalanche would make out like bandits if the main piece coming back in a trade for Stastny was a young player with Jake Gardiner's potential.

Indeed. Colorado will not be receiving a young player of Jake's calibre and potential in return for Stastny.
Does this mean we get to keep our Centers?

Old
11-06-2012, 12:16 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Quote:

My favourite part of all of this, is that it is literally impossible for Jake Gardiner to have a bad sophmore season. Can't be done. That would contradict the laws of physics.

There has NEVER been a rookie defenceman hat has put up 30 points in his rookie season, never will there ever be again.

He's SO good, I think he should drop the Gardiner from his name and just be known as "The Jake".

Gimme a break. We have Tyson Barrie who has put up 10 points in 11 games in the AHL and you don't see any Avs fans anointing him as the next future ruler of the universe.

Please, for the love of god, keep all your future hall-of-fame, record-breaking superstars. Why would you need to trade with other teams, you guys have all the answers already.

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 12:25 PM
FoppaForsberg*

Can we please not have any Toronto - Avs trade suggestions? Unless the leafs wanna give up Rielly or Kessel, then forget about it. Gardiner is just like every other super hyped up leafs prospect.

FoppaForsberg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 12:42 PM
Avs44

Quote:

Ok!! Thanks for telling us we make out like bandits. We clearly are not as smart as you so we still say no. I have a deal that please both teams. Toronto keeps all their
stuff, and the Avs keep their centers. Both sides are happy!!

Oh, and I've heard the whole thing from Leaf fans about their top young D being worth more than the Avs centers thanks to their loads of potential and one impressive season. See Luke Schenn.

Old
11-06-2012, 01:10 PM
Bubba Thudd
Come At Me, Bro!

vCash: 50
Turning into a flamefest. Time to lock?

Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 01:15 PM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
Turning into a flamefest. Time to lock?
Leafs-Avs flamefest? Crazy talk.

Old
11-06-2012, 01:41 PM
The Saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
Oh, and I've heard the whole thing from Leaf fans about their top young D being worth more than the Avs centers thanks to their loads of potential and one impressive season. See Luke Schenn.
Stastny hasn't done anything significant in nearly three calendar years now. What makes you think he's worth more than a young d-man with number one upside?

Old
11-06-2012, 01:53 PM
Avs44

Quote:
Stastny hasn't done anything significant in nearly three calendar years now. What makes you think he's worth more than a young d-man with number one upside?
Stastny is still our #1 center, and we value him as such. And don't try to use the contract as an
excuse, since we are not bothered by it. If you want Stastny, you have to pay what we value him as. Gardiner stepped in to the NHL and had one good and now Leaf fans are hailing him as some sort of sure thing that is absolutely
untouchable. Excuse me if I need
to see more than 1 year before I jump on the Gardiner is Awsome bandwagon. Do you know how many players had great rookie seasons and then terrible second ones? Again, go look at Luke Schenn. Remember when he was being hailed by Leaf fans as a #1 shutdown defensman who would be an absolute beast? What makes you think your entirely unproven young defensman who had one good year is worth more than our #1 center?

Old
11-06-2012, 02:10 PM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

vCash: 142
counter-offer: Stastny for Bozak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamal007 View Post
In b4 Warriorofgandi mentions bozak
dammit

WarriorOfGandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 02:35 PM
Freaky Styley

As an Avs fan, it would be hard for me to say no to this deal but I still probably would. I am a huge fan of Gardiner and he fills a big need, but the other pieces don't really do it for me - we have 0 need for MacArthur with all of our wingers and Joe Colborne would not be a good enough replacement to justify giving up Stastny.. though I'm sure the proposal could be massaged into something and I've always thought a Phaneuf for Stas swap makes more sense, though it still leaves us shallow on C and I'm not a Phaneuf fan anyway.

In short, I pass as I don't think this makes the Avs better, but the value is there for sure.

Oh and for the 1000000th time, the first post of this thread: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1217375 should be stickied on the trade board before people come in with uninformed opinions on Stastny

Freaky Styley is offline   Reply With Quote