HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Guess what? You're not funny.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-06-2012, 01:47 PM
  #276
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 39,514
vCash: 500
I like ricotta, but not overwhelming. It's gotta be in the right proportions with the rest of the dish.

New Sabres Captain is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 01:49 PM
  #277
vcv
Moderator
Deal with it
 
vcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Williamsville, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,511
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
http://www.isidewith.com/

Go here, do this survey. Takes less than 5 minutes. They'll give you a result of how close your opinions are with all of the candidates (not just the big two). This is an independently run website.

http://www.isidewith.com/about/

Whoever you agree with the most, vote for that guy. It really doesn't get any easier than that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
Yea, voting shouldn't be taken lightly either. There's just way too many ignorant voters that vote on race, religion, gender, or what friends and family are voting. I have educated myself pretty deeply about the candidates. I also have the experience of the last 4 years to draw an opinion on.

For those that hate politics... I respect that. To not take 20-30 minutes and read the bullet points from the candidates websites, then go vote for who you agree with more, is rather sad IMO. This country needs more educated and informed voters and less ignorant shallow votes.

Go vote. We are a privileged country to allow it. Think it thru.
An argument can be made that simply reading a few bullet points on a website or taking a quiz does NOT make one really informed. To be really informed, you'd want to review the candidate's experience, voting record, etc.

vcv is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 01:55 PM
  #278
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil
 
ZZamboni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,851
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcv View Post
An argument can be made that simply reading a few bullet points on a website or taking a quiz does NOT make one really informed. To be really informed, you'd want to review the candidate's experience, voting record, etc.
Oh I agree completely. But 95% of voters don't do that. At the least, just read a few top things they believe in or what direction they want to take the country. It would be much much better than voting blindly.

ZZamboni is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 01:55 PM
  #279
Afino
The Juice
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Orchard Park, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 21,343
vCash: 500
You know what's awful?

Mayonnaise.

Afino is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 01:56 PM
  #280
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity
 
HockeyH3aven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Buffalo NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcv View Post
An argument can be made that simply reading a few bullet points on a website or taking a quiz does NOT make one really informed. To be really informed, you'd want to review the candidate's experience, voting record, etc.
An argument can also be made that it's too late for him/her to do that and at least achieving a basic understanding of the candidates and casting a somewhat informed vote is still better than just not doing so at all.

HockeyH3aven is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 01:56 PM
  #281
slip
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,792
vCash: 500
"In the US, there is basically one party - the business party. It has two factions, called Democrats and Republicans, which are somewhat different but carry out variations on the same policies. By and large, I am opposed to those policies. As is most of the population."

--Noam Chomsky

slip is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 01:56 PM
  #282
Crazy Tasty
Registered User
 
Crazy Tasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Indiana
Country: United States
Posts: 4,052
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penalty Killa View Post
It's gotta have ricotta. (I rhymed. )
My cousins are the Ricotta's.
And they work in construction... Go Figure.

Crazy Tasty is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 01:59 PM
  #283
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity
 
HockeyH3aven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Buffalo NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afino View Post
You know what's awful?

Mayonnaise.
Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to leave this OT thread.


HockeyH3aven is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 02:01 PM
  #284
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil
 
ZZamboni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,851
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
I like ricotta, but not overwhelming. It's gotta be in the right proportions with the rest of the dish.
Hey, if I remember correctly, You're of Indian descent right? I tried Samosas (potato filled) the other day. Simply awesome! I could eat a dozen of those tasty things.

ZZamboni is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 02:04 PM
  #285
vcv
Moderator
Deal with it
 
vcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Williamsville, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,511
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
An argument can also be made that it's too late for him/her to do that and at least achieving a basic understanding of the candidates and casting a somewhat informed vote is still better than just not doing so at all.
I won't judge someone for choosing to abstain rather than using an issues cheat-sheet.

vcv is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 02:05 PM
  #286
Penalty Killa
glitter skates
 
Penalty Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sabres Nation
Country: United States
Posts: 10,646
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afino View Post
You know what's awful?

Mayonnaise.
Agreed. I don't even allow that shiz in the house.

Penalty Killa is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 02:05 PM
  #287
Duddy
Everyday is
 
Duddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: Austria
Posts: 10,428
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to leave this OT thread.

I support this party.

Duddy is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 02:05 PM
  #288
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 39,514
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
Hey, if I remember correctly, You're of Indian descent right? I tried Samosas (potato filled) the other day. Simply awesome! I could eat a dozen of those tasty things.
Yes. And samosas are good on occasion, my family is South Indian so we don't make them at home (it's more of a North Indian thing).

New Sabres Captain is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 02:06 PM
  #289
Duddy
Everyday is
 
Duddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: Austria
Posts: 10,428
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
Yes. And samosas are good on occasion, my family is South Indian so we don't make them at home (it's more of a North Indian thing).
I read Samoans and thought wtf is wrong with this guy.

carry on

Duddy is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 02:13 PM
  #290
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil
 
ZZamboni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,851
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
Yes. And samosas are good on occasion, my family is South Indian so we don't make them at home (it's more of a North Indian thing).
What are some of your favorite ways you prepare tofu? Indian theme.

ZZamboni is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 02:15 PM
  #291
Penalty Killa
glitter skates
 
Penalty Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sabres Nation
Country: United States
Posts: 10,646
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duddy View Post
I read Samoans and thought wtf is wrong with this guy.

carry on
I thought Mimosas.

Now I want one.

Penalty Killa is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 02:20 PM
  #292
Crazy Tasty
Registered User
 
Crazy Tasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Indiana
Country: United States
Posts: 4,052
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penalty Killa View Post
I thought Mimosas.

Now I want one.
haha, I did the same thing.

Crazy Tasty is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 02:23 PM
  #293
Afino
The Juice
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Orchard Park, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 21,343
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penalty Killa View Post
Agreed. I don't even allow that shiz in the house.
I actually had to rely on autocorrect to spell it for me. I hate it that much, i can't even spell it.


Afino is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 02:29 PM
  #294
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 56,834
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegomyLeggio View Post
If you have time to post here, you have time to educate yourself on the candidates, IMO.
True true. Find some of the non-partisan websites and do some reading. And then go vote.

And pay attention for next time.

__________________
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Aristotle
Chainshot is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 02:32 PM
  #295
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 39,514
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
What are some of your favorite ways you prepare tofu? Indian theme.
We don't use tofu at home. Our major source of protein is dhal.

New Sabres Captain is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 03:03 PM
  #296
Clock
Moderator
 
Clock's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 20,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
We don't use tofu at home. Our major source of protein is dhal.
joke here

Clock is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 03:11 PM
  #297
brian_griffin
Measured Intangibles
 
brian_griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Z4QQQ batman symbol
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 6,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
Yea, voting shouldn't be taken lightly either. There's just way too many ignorant voters that vote on race, religion, gender, or what friends and family are voting. I have educated myself pretty deeply about the candidates. I also have the experience of the last 4 years to draw an opinion on.

For those that hate politics... I respect that. To not take 20-30 minutes and read the bullet points from the candidates websites, then go vote for who you agree with more, is rather sad IMO. This country needs more educated and informed voters and less ignorant shallow votes.

Go vote. We are a privileged country to allow it. Think it thru.
I agree. Go vote. Vote opposite someone you know is voting for those reasons above - Just to cancel them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSchoolMaster View Post
Stuff makes me gag. No idea why. But there ya go.
If you won't eat her lasagna with gusto, then, next time you grill it, don't expect her to do anything more than just nibble on your bratwurst.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slip View Post
"In the US, there is basically one party - the business party. It has two factions, called Democrats and Republicans, which are somewhat different but carry out variations on the same policies. By and large, I am opposed to those policies. As is most of the population."

--Noam Chomsky
Do self-admitted anarchists even want elections???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Tasty View Post
My cousins are the Ricotta's.
And they work in construction... Go Figure.
Mine are Roofers and Nailers, and they make cheese.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcv View Post
I won't judge someone for choosing to abstain rather than using an issues cheat-sheet.
Compromise solution: use the issues cheat-sheet, but wear a condom when you vote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
What are some of your favorite ways you prepare tofu? Indian theme.
In the shape of a turkey, with squash, corn, & pumpkin pie.

brian_griffin is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 04:09 PM
  #298
cybresabre
Zemgus!
 
cybreSabre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: the field of Oaks
Posts: 7,471
vCash: 723
Send a message via ICQ to cybresabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
Hey, if I remember correctly, You're of Indian descent right? I tried Samosas (potato filled) the other day. Simply awesome! I could eat a dozen of those tasty things.
Chicken samosas are even better! That's next on my Indian cooking list. I've perfected my naan recipe, we can whip up a decent chicken curry, but I haven't had the energy to try samosas yet.

cybresabre is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 04:39 PM
  #299
flyingpig
Pay the Troll Toll
 
flyingpig's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pay the troll toll
Posts: 1,930
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian_griffin View Post
I agree. Go vote. Vote opposite someone you know is voting for those reasons above - Just to cancel them out.



If you won't eat her lasagna with gusto, then, next time you grill it, don't expect her to do anything more than just nibble on your bratwurst.

Do self-admitted anarchists even want elections???


Mine are Roofers and Nailers, and they make cheese.


Compromise solution: use the issues cheat-sheet, but wear a condom when you vote.


In the shape of a turkey, with squash, corn, & pumpkin pie.
That was incredible!!

flyingpig is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 04:46 PM
  #300
Crazy Tasty
Registered User
 
Crazy Tasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Indiana
Country: United States
Posts: 4,052
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingpig View Post
That was incredible!!
...what she said?

Crazy Tasty is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:36 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.