HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

CCHL 2012-2013 season - part II (Mod warning in Post 30)

Closed Thread

Old
11-06-2012, 07:11 AM
newfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawafan66 View Post
I heard he asked for a trade a month ago.
^^^ careful what you wish for....what seems to be the issue for the demand?

Old
11-06-2012, 07:37 AM
hardfacts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabbers View Post
Shots 31-11 for USA at the end of the second even though Can E. has had six PP opportunities! Canada East still down by 6.

St. Mike's 4 forwards just not getting it done. I wonder if the fans in Yarmouth are wondering how come no Quebec or Maritime kids could make the squad? Hockey Canada should not have allowed this to happen. Ridiculous.

A team filled with players from their coaches teams will not compete with Canada West or the USA.

My last comment on this. Hedges and Norris have been thrown into a no win situation.
Yes representing your country....playing in front of all NHL teams...and probably 50 to 75 schools.....yes what a NO WIN situation.....

Old
11-06-2012, 08:09 AM
BackBringCam

Derian Plouffe is going to the prospects game

Old
11-06-2012, 09:33 AM
bigdogsnipedaddy

Canada East Buzzers

No players from the two top teams in the ojhl trenton and newmarket...how does that work?

Old
11-06-2012, 09:57 AM
upinarms

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdogsnipedaddy View Post
No players from the two top teams in the ojhl trenton and newmarket...how does that work?
I suspect there is a selection process to go by. NHL scouts might dictate to some degree. Players with scholly's might get preference. Coaches of team try to get their players. Coaches of teams that are leading standings in their respective leagues probably don't want their players going. Who knows. Who cares. It is just a shame that all players on TCE are from two out of five leagues.

Old
11-06-2012, 09:58 AM
Crottenham

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardfacts View Post
Yes representing your country....playing in front of all NHL teams...and probably 50 to 75 schools.....yes what a NO WIN situation.....
Too bad there are no St. Mikes' coaches on the staff.....LOL

Old
11-06-2012, 09:59 AM
Crottenham

Sorry, meant that for grabbers previous comment....

Old
11-06-2012, 12:01 PM
voiceofytown

I know the coaching staff likes there team is built for speed however the Americans were commenting on how small and slow TCE was lol.

Old
11-06-2012, 12:23 PM
Crottenham

Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofytown View Post
I know the coaching staff likes there team is built for speed however the Americans were commenting on how small and slow TCE was lol.
You talked to them?

Old
11-06-2012, 01:07 PM
voiceofytown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crottenham View Post
You talked to them?
Didn't need to i am a volunteer I am aronud the rink enough at this event. Anyone who watched the Canada East game will tell you they simply looked flat,timid, etc. They barely through a check.

Old
11-06-2012, 01:25 PM
Crottenham

Quote:
Didn't need to i am a volunteer I am aronud the rink enough at this event. Anyone who watched the Canada East game will tell you they simply looked flat,timid, etc. They barely through a check.
Perhaps wait until they have played a number of games before throwing them under the bus? After all, in spite of the fact you are clearly not pleased with the player selection these boys are still representing Canada.

Not sure how your criticism of their lack of speed reflects on them not throwing a check?

Old
11-06-2012, 01:54 PM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
Perhaps wait until they have played a number of games before throwing them under the bus? After all, in spite of the fact you are clearly not pleased with the player selection these boys are still representing Canada.

Not sure how your criticism of their lack of speed reflects on them not throwing a check?
He said small and slow...Generally teams that are small and slow have a tough time landing hits.

Old
11-06-2012, 02:05 PM
MacM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangersfan21 View Post
He said small and slow...Generally teams that are small and slow have a tough time landing hits.
Generally teams that are small are not slow.

Old
11-06-2012, 02:58 PM
voiceofytown

Canada West up 4-0 after 1. Playing a very physical game.

Old
11-06-2012, 03:46 PM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacM View Post
Generally teams that are small are not slow.
They may not be in their respective leagues...but when put up against the best from other leagues they are.

Old
11-06-2012, 04:49 PM
Grabbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackBringCam View Post
Yeah, chosen to represent Eastern Canada from thousands....geez things are tough all over
Thousands? Try chosen from 60 - tops. : )

You have taken my statement out of context however - the no win situation was with regard to their chances of winning. Most certainly anyone would be happy to represent their country and attend. Including Mannicia and about a dozen kids from the Quebec and Maritimes (in front of friends and family).

Old
11-06-2012, 05:02 PM
Grabbers

Quote:
Too bad there are no St. Mikes' coaches on the staff.....LOL
Four OJ teams in the top 20 rankings today and one honurable mention - no St. Mike's listed at all. Must be because all their great 18 year olds are in Yarmouth getting trounced. Six of the top 15 skaters in all of Eastern Canada off one team. Strange?!?!

Maybe we should fly in those St. Mike's coaches to help their colleagues and all those kids from the West and South of Ontario.

LOL

Three Maritime kids get to play in the Prospects game. Great save Hockey Canada.

Anyone notice that Yarmouth (host club) - as well as Truro (hosting Fred Page this year and ranked second in the country today) ARE in the top 20 today?!?

Fuel to the fire. No wonder the volunteers and locals are upset.

This is my LAST post on this tournament. Ridiculous.

Old
11-06-2012, 05:12 PM
voiceofytown

Quote:
Four OJ teams in the top 20 rankings today and one honurable mention - no St. Mike's listed at all. Must be because all their great 18 year olds are in Yarmouth getting trounced. Six of the top 15 skaters in all of Eastern Canada off one team. Strange?!?!

Maybe we should fly in those St. Mike's coaches to help their colleagues and all those kids from the West and South of Ontario.

LOL

Three Maritime kids get to play in the Prospects game. Great save Hockey Canada.

Anyone notice that Yarmouth (host club) - as well as Truro (hosting Fred Page this year and ranked second in the country today) ARE in the top 20 today?!?

Great post you echo my thoughts and the thoughts of others. The MHL is considered a weak league in Hockey Canadas mind or rather a league that doesnt exist. To be honest it is every bit as strong as the CCHl when it comes to the top teams. The Maritimes has a smaller population so they also recruit players from all over just like most junior teams.

Old
11-06-2012, 05:14 PM
voiceofytown

Quote:

LOL

Yarmouth also has been in the top 20 for most of the season.

1/3 of the team is Pembroke Lumberkings and St Mikes.

Old
11-07-2012, 06:26 AM
BackBringCam

Quote:
Thousands? Try chosen from 60 - tops. : )

You have taken my statement out of context however - the no win situation was with regard to their chances of winning. Most certainly anyone would be happy to represent their country and attend. Including Mannicia and about a dozen kids from the Quebec and Maritimes (in front of friends and family).

60 kids playing in all the Eastern Canada Jr A leagues that the team was selected from huh?

Sure would suck to get picked from all those kids to represent, Norris and Hedges must be devastated at their misfortune

Old
11-07-2012, 09:06 AM
Crottenham

Quote:
Great post you echo my thoughts and the thoughts of others. The MHL is considered a weak league in Hockey Canadas mind or rather a league that doesnt exist. To be honest it is every bit as strong as the CCHl when it comes to the top teams. The Maritimes has a smaller population so they also recruit players from all over just like most junior teams.
So you conspiracy theorists really believe this coaching staff decided they would rather not take better players simply because they play out east? Really? Wow.

Old
11-07-2012, 09:10 AM
grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnucks View Post
anyone there for the grads/73s game? how is kemptville consistantly playing this bad?
kemptville needs NEW FACES behind the bench, ASAP the players giving up on the staff.

Old
11-07-2012, 09:26 AM
ottawafan66

Quote:
So you conspiracy theorists really believe this coaching staff decided they would rather not take better players simply because they play out east? Really? Wow.
Wow yourself. What I believe is that these coaches have a vested interest in their own players since they are the ones that recruited them. It makes their programs look better if they can claim that they have x number of players on this team. You are naive if you think that there are no politics in hockey.

Last edited by Majik1987: 11-07-2012 at 08:26 PM. Reason: nevermind
Old
11-07-2012, 10:17 AM
Crottenham

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawafan66 View Post
Wow yourself. What I believe is that these coaches have a vested interest in their own players since they are the ones that recruited them. It makes their programs look better if they can claim that they have x number of players on this team. You are naive if you think that there are no politics in hockey.
As I've written before there are NO St.Mike's coaches on this staff.

I'm not naiive, I recognize there are often political agenda's at play, but also expect that a seasoned coach like Greg Walters wants to win more than he wants to appease certain politicos in Hockey Canada. I've seen him in action and he suffers fools lightly.

The only commentary I have read emphasizes heavily a belief that regional biases superceded hockey decisions; clearly those are driven by your very own disappointment on the players picked.

I prefer to lean to the notion that the best players were picked. To each their own, but ultimately these two teams still represent CANADA. Throwing them under the bus after one game is disrespectful to the players but most importantly the sweater.

Old
11-07-2012, 10:18 AM
Grabbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackBringCam View Post
60 kids playing in all the Eastern Canada Jr A leagues that the team was selected from huh?

Sure would suck to get picked from all those kids to represent, Norris and Hedges must be devastated at their misfortune

PLEASE read the prior posts. Tired of this TCE foolishness.

CP in Nepean tonight. With absences (fights, injuries, etc..) we will be hard pressed tonight so no prediction like last time. Hoping we can sneak one out.

Go RAIDERS Go!!

Closed Thread