HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 Connecticut Whale/Greenville Road Warriors Thread (AHL, ECHL)

Closed Thread

Old
11-06-2012, 08:16 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 910
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canon1990 View Post
Of course they hope all of their picks will be NHLers someday, but that doesn't happen, and they know that. By the time you hit the 3rd round you up to the longshots. So yes, I think they would be thrilled if they a PPG player in the AHL. The Whale team may not be as important as the Rangers(obviously), but they still want good players down their so there is a winning environment for other prospects we draft later on.

Anyway, we all have a different definition of a bust, but IMO a bust is a player who had good potential to be a NHL regular player, and did not live up to that. Not every single draftee who did not make the NHL. Again just my opinion, don't kill me!
If they get a PPG player in the AHL, then that person is likely also an NHL depth player/injury replacement. However, it's extremely unlikely that Ryan Bourque ever becomes a PPG player at the AHL level. He's an energy guy, and wasn't even a dominant offensive player in the Q. Even then, I doubt the team would be thrilled--they'd be thrilled if he became an NHL player. A spare part? I think you're satisfied with that, but far from thrilled.

To the second bold point--I think when Bourque was drafted, there was certainly the hope that he had good potential to become an NHL energy guy. He wouldn't have been taken in the third round if the organization didn't think he had legitimate potential--small guys that skate fast are a dime a dozen. The potential doesn't appear to be materializing. If, two years from now, he's still an AHL depth player, would it then be okay to label him a bust? By your definition I would think you'd have to say yes.

It's just pain.

Last edited by nyr2k2: 11-06-2012 at 08:40 AM.
Old
11-06-2012, 09:41 AM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
If they get a PPG player in the AHL, then that person is likely also an NHL depth player/injury replacement. However, it's extremely unlikely that Ryan Bourque ever becomes a PPG player at the AHL level. He's an energy guy, and wasn't even a dominant offensive player in the Q. Even then, I doubt the team would be thrilled--they'd be thrilled if he became an NHL player. A spare part? I think you're satisfied with that, but far from thrilled.

To the second bold point--I think when Bourque was drafted, there was certainly the hope that he had good potential to become an NHL energy guy. He wouldn't have been taken in the third round if the organization didn't think he had legitimate potential--small guys that skate fast are a dime a dozen. The potential doesn't appear to be materializing. If, two years from now, he's still an AHL depth player, would it then be okay to label him a bust? By your definition I would think you'd have to say yes.
If he doesn't get close to .5 ppg or start to master a role this season in the AHL such as being a very good PKer and defensive forward (so as to give himself a shot at a lower line opportunity in the NHL) then I would consider him no longer a viable prospect for the Rangers.

His time in Training Camp last year showed that with his speed and tenacity he can be a factor in the NHL. He needs to stay healthy and continue to get stronger as he has a high hockey IQ.

Old
11-06-2012, 06:18 PM
Johnny8242

Send a message via AIM to Johnny8242
Greenville Take 3 of 4!

11/2 VS Orlando OTL 3-4
Scott Pitt opened the scoring with 2 Goals in the first ten minutes of the game. McArdle scored on the power play in the 2nd period to give Greenville a 3 goal lead. Orlando battled back with 3 straight tallies including an power play strike with less than a minute in regulation. Orlando wasted no time in OT as Nick Petersen scored 42 seconds into the overtime period.

11/3 VS Florida W 3-1
The Bi-Lo Center Crowd went silent just 31 seconds into the game as Florida put a puck past Goaltender Nathan Liewuen. Lucky for Greenville Liewuen stopped 31 Straight after that leading Greenville to a 3-1 Victory. McArdle scored in the 2nd period to tie it. Late 3rd Period goals by Fan Favorites Brendan Connolly(1) and Brandon Wong(5) would able Greenville to snatch 2 points.

11/4 VS Florida W4 -3
Greenville hit the ice wearing New York Rangers Themed jerseys. Excitement was in the air but quickly faded as Florida got the lead early for the second straight night after a Matt Marquardt goal. Greenville would respond as McArdle fired a shot past John Muse and tie the game with a few minutes remaining. After some rough physical play late in the period. Florida cashed in on the power play with exactly a minute left. Florida went into the first Intermission with a 2-1 lead. Greenville did not sit back though Goals from Wong(6) and Vallerand (4) gave them a one Goal lead heading into the final frame. Shayne Wiebe would put a power play goal just over 6 minutes into the 3rd period. Florida battled back to score a clutch power play goal at 16:11 of the 3rd. They pulled the goalie but it was no use as Greenville escaped with a 4-3 victory.

11/6 @ Evansville W4-2
An early game (10:45 EST) with over 9,000 fans in attendance at the Ford Center. Saw the Greenville Road Warriors defeat the Evansville Ice Men 4-2 in the first ever meeting of these teams. Rookie Mike Marcou collected his first professional goal on the power play before the game hit the 3 minute mark. 19 Seconds later Sean Berkstresser would get his 5th goal of the season. Evansville would put one on the board late in the 1st period. Kendell McArdle continues his hot streak scoring in the 2nd period giving the Road Warriors a 3-1 Lead. Scott Stajcer would leave the game after the 2nd period with an injury. Brandon Wong scored an empty netter with less than 50 seconds left in the game. The action wasn't done as Evansville would connect on a power play goal at 19:45 of the last frame. Greenville takes the first meeting 4-2

Notes

Kenndal McArdle has Goals in 4 Straight Games, 6 Points in 5 contest

Steven Delisle is a team high +8

Marc-Oliver Vallerand has 10 points in his last 5 games (2G,8A)

Brandon Wong and Marc-Oliver Vallerand are both in the Top Ten in ECHL Scoring.

Old
11-07-2012, 01:42 PM
Ola

Quote:
Bust as in he has no NHL future. Certainly it's not a huge deal for a third round pick to never make it. That wasn't what my statement implied.

I don't care if he's 21 and in his second season. He's frail, injury prone and neither big nor strong enough to be more than a role player at the AHL level. That's all well and good and not without a level of value. I just get tired of people including Bourque in the discussion of legitimate prospects (i.e. Thomas, Audy-Marchessault, Hrivik to a degree, etc). He has mush for brains and will be out of the organization in a year or two.
You are probably right, but I still think of all the players people get hang up with, Bourque atleast had/have something...

...for a player that plays with a ton of intensity, and in traffic, he is excellent with the puck. He is the type who -- if he makes it -- is really valuble to his team and make everyone else better.

Someone like more or less is a scoring forward who to a big extent lives of other peoples hard work. A player like that to some degree needs to be darn good to be valuble, he is not a player who do alot with little. Its almost the opposite. So he basically has to become his teams Gabby or Nash or something likethat to be worth it.

Bourque has been out when I've seen HFD the last two years, so I don't have any fresh insight on him (I might not have seen him since Traverse last summer). A player like him probably needs everything to come together and the injury nightmare he has gone through is probably the last thing he needed. Like I said, you are probably right that he is history, that's life, but I definitely don't think he should be put in like the Skokan-mold of players who never really had a shot but only scored some stats.

Old
11-07-2012, 01:44 PM
Ola

Quote:
I'm not going to argue semantics over the word bust. I stand by what I said.
When we are talking about bust, what is the diffrence between bust and busty?

Old
11-07-2012, 01:45 PM
Joey Bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny8242 View Post
11/2 VS Orlando OTL 3-4
Scott Pitt opened the scoring with 2 Goals in the first ten minutes of the game. McArdle scored on the power play in the 2nd period to give Greenville a 3 goal lead. Orlando battled back with 3 straight tallies including an power play strike with less than a minute in regulation. Orlando wasted no time in OT as Nick Petersen scored 42 seconds into the overtime period.

11/3 VS Florida W 3-1
The Bi-Lo Center Crowd went silent just 31 seconds into the game as Florida put a puck past Goaltender Nathan Liewuen. Lucky for Greenville Liewuen stopped 31 Straight after that leading Greenville to a 3-1 Victory. McArdle scored in the 2nd period to tie it. Late 3rd Period goals by Fan Favorites Brendan Connolly(1) and Brandon Wong(5) would able Greenville to snatch 2 points.

11/4 VS Florida W4 -3
Greenville hit the ice wearing New York Rangers Themed jerseys. Excitement was in the air but quickly faded as Florida got the lead early for the second straight night after a Matt Marquardt goal. Greenville would respond as McArdle fired a shot past John Muse and tie the game with a few minutes remaining. After some rough physical play late in the period. Florida cashed in on the power play with exactly a minute left. Florida went into the first Intermission with a 2-1 lead. Greenville did not sit back though Goals from Wong(6) and Vallerand (4) gave them a one Goal lead heading into the final frame. Shayne Wiebe would put a power play goal just over 6 minutes into the 3rd period. Florida battled back to score a clutch power play goal at 16:11 of the 3rd. They pulled the goalie but it was no use as Greenville escaped with a 4-3 victory.

11/6 @ Evansville W4-2
An early game (10:45 EST) with over 9,000 fans in attendance at the Ford Center. Saw the Greenville Road Warriors defeat the Evansville Ice Men 4-2 in the first ever meeting of these teams. Rookie Mike Marcou collected his first professional goal on the power play before the game hit the 3 minute mark. 19 Seconds later Sean Berkstresser would get his 5th goal of the season. Evansville would put one on the board late in the 1st period. Kendell McArdle continues his hot streak scoring in the 2nd period giving the Road Warriors a 3-1 Lead. Scott Stajcer would leave the game after the 2nd period with an injury. Brandon Wong scored an empty netter with less than 50 seconds left in the game. The action wasn't done as Evansville would connect on a power play goal at 19:45 of the last frame. Greenville takes the first meeting 4-2

Notes

Kenndal McArdle has Goals in 4 Straight Games, 6 Points in 5 contest

Steven Delisle is a team high +8

Marc-Oliver Vallerand has 10 points in his last 5 games (2G,8A)

Brandon Wong and Marc-Oliver Vallerand are both in the Top Ten in ECHL Scoring.
Thanks for the updates

Old
11-07-2012, 05:15 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Every gal's got a bust, but not every one is busty.

Disintegrated MCL
rip
Old
11-07-2012, 08:12 PM
Johnny8242

Greenville at Evansville about to kick off. I'm going to give live updates.

Old
11-07-2012, 08:18 PM
Johnny8242

Greenville on the Power Play under a minute into the game.

Old
11-08-2012, 08:51 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 910
Awards:
What happened to our updates? LOL.

Seriously though, thank you for providing us coverage of the Greenville team. When we were affiliated with Charlotte, bmoak used to give us updates. Since we moved we haven't had anyone.

Old
11-08-2012, 03:32 PM
Johnny8242

Quote:
What happened to our updates? LOL.

Seriously though, thank you for providing us coverage of the Greenville team. When we were affiliated with Charlotte, bmoak used to give us updates. Since we moved we haven't had anyone.
Sorry guys my connection started acting up shortly after my last update, and no problem.

Last edited by Johnny8242: 11-08-2012 at 03:57 PM.
Old
11-08-2012, 03:57 PM
Johnny8242

Greenville 5 Evansville 3
Evansville jumped out to a 2-0 lead before Francis Verrault got Greenville on the board around mid way of the 2nd frame. Evansville answered less than a minute later. Greenville entered the Third period down 3-1. Brendan Connolly potted a power play tally at 5:58 in the Third to bring Greenville within 1. He would get his second goal a little over two minutes later to tie the game. 63 seconds later rookie blue liner Mike Marcou broke the tie game with a power play goal. The night was not over for Brendan Connolly as he got his hat trick goal with 50 seconds left. The Stunning comeback puts Greenville tied with Gwinnett (who hold the tiebreaker) with the most points int he League. Both teams are 3 points above the next best team in the Eastern Conference.

This was Brendan Connolly's second career hat trick. (12/23/2012 VS Reading)

Also I've been asked on some other sites I have no idea the extent of Stajcer's injury. I do know he dressed last night as the backup so I'm assuming that's a positive sign.

Old
11-08-2012, 06:21 PM
Kershaw

Thanks for updates again.

Old
11-08-2012, 07:17 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Jennifer Lawrence is busty.

Old
11-08-2012, 07:19 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canon1990 View Post
That's not really the definition of a bust unless your a first round draft pick where you are expected to make the NHL level. 3rd rounders aren't really expected to make the NHL.
Wrong. nyr2k2 is right.

Old
11-09-2012, 06:31 AM
Osminator

Kenny G better had them work their butts off Gangam style, re-match vs. Springfield tonight... better show up to get some redemption for the 10-2 beating last Sunday.

Old
11-09-2012, 04:53 PM
surlysailor

Is there anyway to stream the game audio or video for iPhone? I'll be stuck at work and won't have anyway to watch. (Long time lurker)

Old
11-09-2012, 06:11 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Jennifer Lawrence is busty.
Good example!

Had I asked John Muckler, he would have mentioned Kevin Stevens...

Old
11-09-2012, 06:12 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
“@KatieStrangESPN: #CBA Three meetings today covered 1) Critical dates/schedules/calendar items 2) Players' pensions and 3) core economic issues”

...and?

Old
11-09-2012, 06:48 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Andrew Yogan needs to get more done...i would have thought hed have more than one goal so far... he seems to be struggling...how has he been playing besides his stats? he has been hurt so ill give him the benefit of the doubt. i still hope he makes it.

Old
11-09-2012, 07:03 PM
Kershaw

1st pro season is where you cut the players some slack. For Yogan, he can no longer outmuscle the opposition like he could used to in the OHL. There will be an adjustment phase.

Old
11-09-2012, 07:15 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
1st pro season is where you cut the players some slack. For Yogan, he can no longer outmuscle the opposition like he could used to in the OHL. There will be an adjustment phase.
Yea. But he has played some games in the AHL before this season. Hopefully he gets back on track. He seems to have potential to be a 3rd liner at best.

Old
11-09-2012, 07:21 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
Yea. But he has played some games in the AHL before this season. Hopefully he gets back on track. He seems to have potential to be a 3rd liner at best.
I think gritty 3rd line player is his upside. Which isn't a bad thing, but I think he can transition to that in a few years maybe.

Old
11-09-2012, 07:43 PM
Krampus
Call me Nils

0-0 after one (that's a good thing)

3 shots and 0 penalties for CK. Clearly his best game so far

Old
11-09-2012, 08:27 PM
Krampus
Call me Nils

Whale are like the Rangers of the past few years. They live and die by Camrik Talqvist

Closed Thread