Originally Posted by puck stoppa View Post
Not if the meet in Saskatchewan
Or Phoenix...

Old
11-05-2012, 11:41 AM
ps241
Hero of CantonKiller

vCash: 500
So pretty positive developments on the weekend and I sense this could be "the week" that we know one way or the other. I think both sides are finally negotiating towards a deal but I will tempter my optimism until Wednesday. The good news is that the parties have gotten a bit more quite and the gamesmanship seems to have been put on hold for now which means they "could" be making meaningful progress.

Old
11-05-2012, 06:17 PM
sully1410

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
So pretty positive developments on the weekend and I sense this could be "the week" that we know one way or the other. I think both sides are finally negotiating towards a deal but I will tempter my optimism until Wednesday. The good news is that the parties have gotten a bit more quite and the gamesmanship seems to have been put on hold for now which means they "could" be making meaningful progress.
Feels like we're waiting for Evander Kane to resign again. This could be the week. Or this one...or this one.

I think it's good that they're talking though. If its reasonable, the players have to take it. They lost all their leverage when the owners cancelled the winter classic.

Old
11-05-2012, 06:19 PM
Winnipeg Jets
Lucky #7

vCash: 1125
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=429

Old
11-05-2012, 07:16 PM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor
#FreeHutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipeg Jets View Post
But you've also got:

https://twitter.com/Aportzline/statu...04856918724610

At this point, everyone seems to be putting their own spin on it. I'm not really going to take much from random player tweets.

Old
11-05-2012, 09:16 PM
scelaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
But you've also got:

https://twitter.com/Aportzline/statu...04856918724610

At this point, everyone seems to be putting their own spin on it. I'm not really going to take much from random player tweets.
But, any way they spin it, the clock still keeps ticking...

http://www.lockoutclock.com/

Old
11-05-2012, 10:02 PM
ps241
Hero of CantonKiller

Tomorrow is an important day to keep the momentum going from the weekend but it seems like up until now when Bettman and Fehr are in the room together nothing much good happens. So tomorrow will we take another step forward and get hockey back by early December, or, will we take a big step backwards and then need to work towards the ultimate deadline of "season or no season"?

So far I know money doesn't seem to be a motivating factor for all parties and although common sense tells me "its time", I refuse to get sucked into believing they will play nice with each other and get a deal done quite yet. It could happen but they will need to show me more than one weekend of talking.

Old
11-05-2012, 10:03 PM
ps241
Hero of CantonKiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by scelaton View Post
But, any way they spin it, the clock still keeps ticking...

http://www.lockoutclock.com/
Ok scelaton that clock is awesome!!!!!

Old
11-05-2012, 10:56 PM
scelaton

Quote:
Ok scelaton that clock is awesome!!!!!
Yeah, when I saw the link on the B of H board I had to share it.
Y'know how they say a picture is worth a thousand words? Well, this clock is worth a thousand posts!

Old
11-06-2012, 07:27 AM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 511
Quote:
Tomorrow is an important day to keep the momentum going from the weekend but it seems like up until now when Bettman and Fehr are in the room together nothing much good happens. So tomorrow will we take another step forward and get hockey back by early December, or, will we take a big step backwards and then need to work towards the ultimate deadline of "season or no season"?

So far I know money doesn't seem to be a motivating factor for all parties and although common sense tells me "its time", I refuse to get sucked into believing they will play nice with each other and get a deal done quite yet. It could happen but they will need to show me more than one weekend of talking.
I don't know if today is a make or break day but it is getting close. I hope they have made enough progress to allow the egos of Don and Gary back into the room. The deal can't get completed without them there. Twice I've been involved in collective bargaining (obviously not at the same high stakes) and both times it was surprising how you can talk in circles for months then something gives/moves and in a matter of a couple of days everything gets put to bed. I'm feeling hopeful.

Old
11-06-2012, 09:16 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
I just honestly hope after the two sides meet today we don't hear "We're far apart" or "We're still speaking two different languages". I don't think we will, but with the clowns running this game it's possible.

I think they're close and there is certainly a deal to be made, though it seems many have been saying that for a while now. I think they know this as well, which has put some pressure on both sides to quit the dog and pony show and actually get a deal done. Truth is, whatever deal is signed, whenever that may be, it appears it WILL be in the form of (true) 50/50, and contracts signed will be honored.

Everyone and their dog knows there is a deal to be made here, so the circus between the two sides needs to stop and Bettman and Fehr must now be professionals and get this done.

Optimistic me says these monkeys figure it out and the puck is dropped by December 1st, and I think we see them crunch in a 70-72 game schedule.

Last edited by Guerzy: 11-06-2012 at 10:04 AM.
Old
11-06-2012, 01:06 PM
mzappa
Jets fans in space

Sounds like a promising day - GO JETS GO!!! J! E! T! S! JETS! JETS! JETS!

ps - and PHX might be moving if Glendale votes down the tax increase, there is hope!

Old
11-06-2012, 06:15 PM
Diatidialga

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun
Expectation is that NHL/NHLPA talks will go "somewhat late" source just said.

Old
11-06-2012, 06:41 PM
Hammer Slammer

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Promising day. Not even remotely getting my hopes up though.

11-06-2012, 07:59 PM
ps241
Hero of CantonKiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
I just honestly hope after the two sides meet today we don't hear "We're far apart" or "We're still speaking two different languages". I don't think we will, but with the clowns running this game it's possible.

I think they're close and there is certainly a deal to be made, though it seems many have been saying that for a while now. I think they know this as well, which has put some pressure on both sides to quit the dog and pony show and actually get a deal done. Truth is, whatever deal is signed, whenever that may be, it appears it WILL be in the form of (true) 50/50, and contracts signed will be honored.

Everyone and their dog knows there is a deal to be made here, so the circus between the two sides needs to stop and Bettman and Fehr must now be professionals and get this done.

Optimistic me says these monkeys figure it out and the puck is dropped by December 1st, and I think we see them crunch in a 70-72 game schedule.
At times like this when the process has seemed dysfunctional to date I always remind myself that despite how it looks these guys have all "eventually" got deals done over the years in different leagues. yea there have been some really ugly battles but it always gets done at some point. my hopes are that the gamesmanship has run its coarse and it's time now, but I too will remain guarded and temper my optimism for now.

Old
11-07-2012, 09:12 AM
GrandChelems

Quote:
At times like this when the process has seemed dysfunctional to date I always remind myself that despite how it looks these guys have all "eventually" got deals done over the years in different leagues. yea there have been some really ugly battles but it always gets done at some point. my hopes are that the gamesmanship has run its coarse and it's time now, but I too will remain guarded and temper my optimism for now.
At the end of the day, they all need their fix. Money. Maybe the Jonesin' is getting to be too much.

PS. I ran out of insightful things to say about the lockout long ago...

Old
11-07-2012, 06:06 PM
mzappa
Jets fans in space

Hope there is something from the meetings.

I am hungry for a Jet dog. extra chili.

Old
11-07-2012, 07:09 PM
lanky

I saw a couple Jets employees in their work uniforms (like the ushers would wear) heading towards the arena as I left work just now. I got my hopes up thinking that there might have been an announcement and an impromptu staff meeting. No news though, guess I got my hopes up for nothing.

Old
11-07-2012, 08:12 PM
Back in the Bigs
and lovin' it !!

the more they talk to each other in a room somewhere and the less they have to say in public, the better, me thinks!
get 'er freakin' figgered out, you two ego maniacs I'd love to order up my TSN Jets for December 1
(jeez, why do I wanna go gettin' my hopes up like this? )

Old
11-07-2012, 10:11 PM
DespoticNewt

According to someone on the BoH board, Fehr pit a gag order on the players.

Old
11-07-2012, 11:20 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Another long meeting today with a planned meeting tomorrow.

Good sign of movement... problem is we don't know if the movement is by inches when they are miles together... but I'll take small movement over no movement.

Old
11-08-2012, 12:28 AM
Hammer Slammer

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanky View Post
I saw a couple Jets employees in their work uniforms (like the ushers would wear) heading towards the arena as I left work just now. I got my hopes up thinking that there might have been an announcement and an impromptu staff meeting. No news though, guess I got my hopes up for nothing.
Probably the Jeff Dunham show.

Old
11-08-2012, 06:39 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
Another long meeting today with a planned meeting tomorrow.

Good sign of movement... problem is we don't know if the movement is by inches when they are miles together... but I'll take small movement over no movement.
It's good that no one knows.
The less in the media the better
Just sit down and talk, then call us when it is comepleted.

Old
11-08-2012, 07:11 AM
ps241
Hero of CantonKiller

Hope the owners have figured out a more palatable version of make it whole (which according to rumors) might be on the table today. Get both sides to Agree on a formula on this issue and I think this thing gets done quickly but that is a huge IF.

On the side issues hopefully for Winnipeg's sake the players win on Rev sharing and the owners win on eliminating front and back loading of contracts. IMHO those issues hurt the league and the players as a whole.

Old
11-08-2012, 07:59 AM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 511
Lots of positive of things over the last couple of days. Neither side is talking publically. Now they are worried about undermining the process rather winning a PR battle. Lots of things thrown out on the table. Both sides need to have a good idea of the soft spots before there is real compromise. I heard there were internal discussions last night after the bargaining session, which IMO is great. Both sides need to throw things around internally and decide on their priority list and what they are willing to bargain away. And best of all they are meeting again today...keep the momentum going.

Closed Thread