HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Alex Galchenyuk Thread 4.0 - The "I like it like That" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
11-06-2012, 03:27 PM
RaMMuT
Tank Nation 2012

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
Give gally top players... Give bourque a good chance to succeed, and have two big guys on every line and you get:

Gally pleks cole
Patches DD bourque
Moen eller gionta
Prust white armstrong
What about Gomer

Old
11-06-2012, 04:35 PM
Dirty Danglez
Take it like a Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaMMuT View Post
What about Gomer
I legitimately forgot about him haha

Old
11-06-2012, 04:47 PM
Rozz

Quote:
I legitimately forgot about him haha
and we can all hope that managment chooses to do as well

Old
11-06-2012, 04:50 PM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
Give gally top players... Give bourque a good chance to succeed, and have two big guys on every line and you get:

Gally pleks cole
Patches DD bourque
Moen eller gionta
Prust white armstrong

I doubt Gally gets top line minutes in his rookie year. And Plekanec and Cole would probably mean he gets defensive responsabilities. Next season:

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gionta
Galchenyuk - Desharnais - Cole
Bourque - Eller - Leblanc
Prust - White - Moen

A sniper/power forward, a sniper and a playmaker on the first line.
Gally will play with a playmaker and sniper/power forward.
And then a two-way line that can score too.
4th line seems pretty good too.

It would be a balanced team.

Old
11-06-2012, 05:07 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4TheCup View Post
I doubt Gally gets top line minutes in his rookie year. And Plekanec and Cole would probably mean he gets defensive responsabilities. Next season:

Prust - White - Moen

Yeah good lineup. Its difficult projecting how well such a team will do because of uncertainties concerning Bourque and how good the rookies are going to be but it ''looks good'' at least on paper. That fourth line is awesome but I don't know if White is going to go back at center (why not? I mean our other options aren't better). I have a feeling Desharnais and Galchenyuk are going to have insane chemistry, both players with super high hockey IQ, finishing skills and determination.

Old
11-06-2012, 05:54 PM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Yeah good lineup. Its difficult projecting how well such a team will do because of uncertainties concerning Bourque and how good the rookies are going to be but it ''looks good'' at least on paper. That fourth line is awesome but I don't know if White is going to go back at center (why not? I mean our other options aren't better). I have a feeling Desharnais and Galchenyuk are going to have insane chemistry, both players with super high hockey IQ, finishing skills and determination.
Maybe Geoffrion can take White's spot if he plays well. Maybe Nokelainen. But I like White.
Gally and Desharnais will be sick. They are players that compliment each other. Cole is a great bonus.

Old
11-06-2012, 06:20 PM
HABS2DCUP

Quote:
Maybe Geoffrion can take White's spot if he plays well. Maybe Nokelainen. But I like White.
Gally and Desharnais will be sick. They are players that compliment each other. Cole is a great bonus.
Hi habs4thecup my name is habs2dcup, nice to meet you

Btw I'm the senior!

Old
11-06-2012, 06:40 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABS2DCUP View Post

Btw I'm the senior!
As an external observer, I must say I prefer D cups.

Old
11-06-2012, 06:45 PM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABS2DCUP View Post

Btw I'm the senior!
Nice to meet you too.

Sorry about the name. I didnt know I was taking one so similar to you.

Old
11-06-2012, 06:45 PM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
I do too.

Old
11-06-2012, 07:09 PM
habsfanatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
2nd to none was an expression, but you're mistaken in any event. I followed Forsberg career entirely. There's no way you can say those guys (maybe Lemieux) had better hands. At the same time, you can't really say Forsberg had better hands than Jagr either. They're all in the same category imo. Forsberg doesn't get as much recognition because he was injured quite often, not to mention playing in the west most of his career.

I mean, even Lemieux played 200 more games than him.
Peter Forsberg scored 30 goals twice playing on a completely stacked team. He was a great player, but nowhere close to the best ever, or one of the best ever for that matter.

Way overrated, and he is one of my favorite players, but there were many better players, especially offensively and with better hands.

Old
11-06-2012, 07:21 PM
Beendair Donedat

I'd like to pick up a guy like Ryane Clowe to ride shotgun for Galchenyuk when he makes the jump. A big talented guy who can send a message if needed.

Old
11-06-2012, 07:29 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
Peter Forsberg scored 30 goals twice playing on a completely stacked team. He was a great player, but nowhere close to the best ever, or one of the best ever for that matter.

Way overrated, and he is one of my favorite players, but there were many better players, especially offensively and with better hands.
Forsberg was without a doubt one of the greatest players of his generation and probably one of the most complete players ever..

Old
11-06-2012, 08:21 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
I'd like to pick up a guy like Ryane Clowe to ride shotgun for Galchenyuk when he makes the jump. A big talented guy who can send a message if needed.
It'll be Colby Armstrong I'd bet.

Old
11-06-2012, 08:37 PM
Kriss E

Quote:

Forsberg was more of a playmaker. He averaged a 29G per season pace, but in terms of assists his career pace is 74. So his career pt pace is 103 per season. Pretty darn amazing for someone that played through 2011. The reason the avalanche was stacked was thanks to Forsberg. Who cares if the team was stacked, so was Dallas, Detroit. Pittsburgh and Edmonton had stacked teams too. Completely irrelevant.

There is no way Peter Forsberg is one of your favorite players if you think he was ''way overrated'' or that there were many better players with better hands. God knows I've read a lot of BS on this site, but this tops it all.

Last edited by Kriss E: 11-06-2012 at 08:46 PM.
Old
11-06-2012, 10:10 PM
WolfgangAmadeusEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
Centre, without a doubt. Where it be this year, last year in the playoffs, or his rookie season no matter what position he has played, he always occupies the centre of the ice. He likes to use the centre of the ice and creates his chances from there.

Galchenyuk hasn't played a whole lot of centre so far this season, but it's quite evident that he's going to dominate offensively no matter what position he plays. Whether that be centre or either wing. So him being better off at wing or centre has no bearing on his offense. It's his defence. While at centre he plays much better defensively because he doesn't really have a choice. At wing he chooses when he wants to play defence because that his centre's role.

Like I said though, he plays in the centre of the ice and he's pretty damn good defensively. Since I've started tracking his faceoff stats he's been at 64%, it's a small sample size, but the way he takes the draw has improved. He doesn't try to win to them cleanly every time any more. Those 3 things combined point towards him being better as centre in my opinion.
Thanks, really appreciate it!

Old
11-06-2012, 11:09 PM
onice

Quote:
You can fill a D Cup?

Old
11-06-2012, 11:26 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Quote:

I'm sorry, but this is just lunacy!

Old
11-07-2012, 12:51 AM
Benning

Quote:

Prust - White - Moen

Altough I don't agree Galchenyuk shoud crack the lineup this year, (Let him tear it up in juniors), let's imagine he did. Wouldn't this line make more sense:

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole
Galchenyuk - Pleks - Gionta
Prust - White - Moen

Keeping our no1 line intact seems safer. Having Gally playing with Pleks, still our best defensive center, would help with with his defensive short commings. Combined with a great leader and captain, who can score still score goals, seems like good match.
Or we could simply try him on the third with PP time and have him work up.

After the outstanding last season the first line had, breaking them up seems like a risky proposition. Gally on the second would certainly aliviate some of the pressure asked of a first line player.

Old
11-07-2012, 12:56 AM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Forsberg was without a doubt one of the greatest players of his generation and probably one of the most complete players ever..
lol should change your name to Wikipedia

but no i checked it out too to see just how big forsberg really was cuz he always seemed to look BIG to me out there and turns out he was only 6"0 210 lbs, gally's pretty close to that so i dont think he should get pushed around too bad at the NHL level, i know forsberg actually HAD "hitting" in his repertoire, but seeing as how gally seems to be a gym rat, it really should do him a world of good physicaly at the NHL level as he grows into his 20's

Old
11-07-2012, 01:00 AM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:

Prust - White - Moen

Hmmm, why not try Gally on Ellers wing off the bat? , seeing as how i view gally as what kostitsyn SHOULD of been, and seeing as how any time AK DID play great, he helped make Eller look just as amazing, why not give gally that shot? could be lethal

and as a coach id try alternating them as C and W sometimes on the same line, see how that could turn out

Old
11-07-2012, 04:04 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:

He was arguably not even the best forward on that stacked Colorado team either. Forsberg's skillset isn't even in the same stratosphere as Mario Lemieux.

Great player, a Top 5 forward of his era, but he also didn't contend with a prime Lemieux/Gretzky/Yzerman. Jagr is hands down the best forward of the Forsberg era, its really not even close.

I wouldn't say he's overrated, but I don't think he's as underrated as some like to think either.

If Galchenyuk can be as good as Forsberg, we probably got the best player in the draft though. I find the comparison somewhat apt based on their build and the way they handle the puck, but like others have said Forsberg had the whole Ovechkin plow-through people thing going. I think Gally will prove to be a better goal scorer at the NHL level.

Old
11-07-2012, 04:43 AM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
He was arguably not even the best forward on that stacked Colorado team either.
Well, obviously!

Quote:
Forsberg's skillset isn't even in the same stratosphere as Mario Lemieux.
No ones' is.

Quote:
Great player, a Top 5 forward of his era, but he also didn't contend with a prime Lemieux/Gretzky/Yzerman.
Oh yes he did!

Quote:
Jagr is hands down the best forward of the Forsberg era, its really not even close.
It really is. Foppa brought everything.

Quote:
If Galchenyuk can be as good as Forsberg, we probably got the best player in the draft though.
Now that's an understatement!!

Old
11-07-2012, 06:20 AM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:

You are grossly underrating Forsberg. He was a complete player who was dominant in all three zones. Once again this is an example of revisionist history via stat analysis......really getting old on these boards.

Old
11-07-2012, 07:22 AM
EveryDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning View Post
Altough I don't agree Galchenyuk shoud crack the lineup this year, (Let him tear it up in juniors), let's imagine he did. Wouldn't this line make more sense:

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole
Galchenyuk - Pleks - Gionta
Prust - White - Moen

Keeping our no1 line intact seems safer. Having Gally playing with Pleks, still our best defensive center, would help with with his defensive short commings. Combined with a great leader and captain, who can score still score goals, seems like good match.
Or we could simply try him on the third with PP time and have him work up.

After the outstanding last season the first line had, breaking them up seems like a risky proposition. Gally on the second would certainly aliviate some of the pressure asked of a first line player.
You forgot Colby Amrstrong!!! To me Leblanc should play in Hamilton this year and start the 2013-2014 NHL season in MTL.

If Galchenyuk make the team this year i would like to see thoses lines

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gionta
Galchenyuk-Desharnais-Cole
Bourque-Eller-Armstrong
Prust-White-Moen
/Noke

Closed Thread