HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

C Connor McDavid - Erie Otters, OHL (2015 Draft)

Closed Thread

Old
11-04-2012, 10:24 AM
JetsHomer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by typicryptic View Post
How is it even possible that Erie plays back to back to back games? Is mcdavid playing today?
CHL games tend to be scheduled on the weekend to limit the amount of school days these kids miss. Most of them won't have a career in hockey, and focusing on education is important.

Old
11-04-2012, 04:01 PM
Leviathan

McDavid with a pass from below the goalline to Brown in front of the net to score. Streak begins again! Pretty bad game by Erie, outshot and looked very worn down from the 3 consecutive days of hockey.

Old
11-04-2012, 04:32 PM
Leviathan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkT0V...ature=youtu.be

Old
11-04-2012, 05:21 PM
Garyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabovski View Post
I can speak from anecdotal information this kid is way to soft and brought up in way to ********* of an enviornment for him to excel as a professional superstar. He'll probably make pros but I can say from someone whos heard a lot about him, far to soft, mentally and physically. People arent going to like this either but hes awfully over rated. Good dont get me wrong, but not in the class some people seem to think. He has a lot of work to do to get to were people think hes going to be. This is a kid born in T.O, babied through the GTHL and bubbleboy Toronto enviornment- over blown egos are extremely common when you succeed at a young age, doesnt give them that edge they need push themselves too succeed over the competition. This will turn to common knowledge by 2020. To many people in to small a place, inferiority and superiority complexes are most common amongs childrens as well.

McDavid - Like ol' McFarland is not much better than the competition as people seem to think. McFarland was poised to go 1st round in the NHL draft when he was 15. Now he probably wont even make the NHL. Blame Toronto. Notice how Devo Smith Pelly is the most effective NHLer atm out of those big 3 Jr Canadiens? He worked just that much harder than McFarland or Toffoli. They both have shots to make it still but Ill never forget the days when these guys (except Devo) were supposed to be top tier draft picks.

Seguin and Skinner are 2 other kids who played GTHL, they were always considered a step or 2 below other 'top tier talent' in their age group. It might have been true at one point, but at the end of the day thats what an athlete needs to hear to excel past the next guy. Its a lot harder to better yourself and be the best when your born into the best. No Motivation, Nobody To Chase.

I know I wont change any minds, but I just want to be the first to say McDavid wont be the best 96 and will never be a franchise NHL player. History tends to repeat itself.

Its comes down to work, not talent.
*Too*.

That's not a very good trolling job. You seem to know next to nothing about him. He's not a '96, silly. He's not from Toronto.

Is this from an angry teammate that didn't get along with him? Maybe a jealous parent?

Old
11-04-2012, 05:29 PM
bruinsfan46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabovski View Post
I can speak from anecdotal information this kid is way to soft and brought up in way to ********* of an enviornment for him to excel as a professional superstar. He'll probably make pros but I can say from someone whos heard a lot about him, far to soft, mentally and physically. People arent going to like this either but hes awfully over rated. Good dont get me wrong, but not in the class some people seem to think. He has a lot of work to do to get to were people think hes going to be. This is a kid born in T.O, babied through the GTHL and bubbleboy Toronto enviornment- over blown egos are extremely common when you succeed at a young age, doesnt give them that edge they need push themselves too succeed over the competition. This will turn to common knowledge by 2020. To many people in to small a place, inferiority and superiority complexes are most common amongs childrens as well.

McDavid - Like ol' McFarland is not much better than the competition as people seem to think. McFarland was poised to go 1st round in the NHL draft when he was 15. Now he probably wont even make the NHL. Blame Toronto. Notice how Devo Smith Pelly is the most effective NHLer atm out of those big 3 Jr Canadiens? He worked just that much harder than McFarland or Toffoli. They both have shots to make it still but Ill never forget the days when these guys (except Devo) were supposed to be top tier draft picks.

Seguin and Skinner are 2 other kids who played GTHL, they were always considered a step or 2 below other 'top tier talent' in their age group. It might have been true at one point, but at the end of the day thats what an athlete needs to hear to excel past the next guy. Its a lot harder to better yourself and be the best when your born into the best. No Motivation, Nobody To Chase.

I know I wont change any minds, but I just want to be the first to say McDavid wont be the best 96 and will never be a franchise NHL player. History tends to repeat itself.

Its comes down to work, not talent.
This post is everything that's wrong with minor hockey. The jealousy is amazing. Care to explain John Tavares? He seems to contradict your theory.

Last edited by bruinsfan46: 11-04-2012 at 05:35 PM.
Old
11-04-2012, 05:44 PM
JayKing
Go Habs Go

vCash: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
This post is everything that's wrong with minor hockey. The jealousy is amazing. Care to explain John Tavares? He seems to contradict your theory.
I don't know much about McDavid except the status he got, but as soon as somebody says something bad about him everybody gets mad. Even when it's something minor. Obviously the guy you quoted hates McDavid, but does it really mean he's jealous. I find that response quite immature. My intentiom isn't to start a flame war or to troll, but it's like nobody can hate on the guy. He even explained why. Not the best reasons, but still at least he's not just trolling by posting something like: "ZOMG, OVERRATED, CROSBY'S BETTER OMGGG"

Old
11-04-2012, 05:49 PM
Garyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdubois585 View Post
I don't know much about McDavid except the status he got, but as soon as somebody says something bad about him everybody gets mad. Even when it's something minor. Obviously the guy you quoted hates McDavid, but does it really mean he's jealous. I find that response quite immature. My intentiom isn't to start a flame war or to troll, but it's like nobody can hate on the guy. He even explained why. Not the best reasons, but still at least he's not just trolling by posting something like: "ZOMG, OVERRATED, CROSBY'S BETTER OMGGG"
It's the definition of trolling. He doesn't even have his facts straight.

Old
11-04-2012, 05:53 PM
bruinsfan46

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdubois585 View Post
Legitimate criticism is fine but read that post, clearly a poster involved with the GTHL at some level who's just hating to hate.

Old
11-04-2012, 07:35 PM
james30

And, there are a lot of those!!

Old
11-04-2012, 11:04 PM
King William
MARNER & NYLANDER

Is he from Newmarket or Richmond Hill?

Old
11-04-2012, 11:13 PM
Garyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mika Zibanejad View Post
Is he from Newmarket or Richmond Hill?
He's from Newmarket.

Old
11-04-2012, 11:34 PM
King William
MARNER & NYLANDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyboy View Post
He's from Newmarket.
That's what I figured.

Forecaster has him as being from Richmond Hill.

Close enough, lol. Anyone know where abouts in Newmarket?

Old
11-06-2012, 02:47 PM
Leviathan

I wonder how much icetime McDavid will get in these Super Series games.

Old
11-06-2012, 03:32 PM
Garyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan View Post
I wonder how much icetime McDavid will get in these Super Series games.
A 15 year old playing against guys who are playing against the likes of Datsyuk, Ovechkin, Kovalchuk in league play this season.

That's pretty incredible.

I'm hoping he at least gets somewhat of a regular shift. If he manages to stand out against this loaded Russian squad, the McDavid talk will be taken to a whole new level.

Old
11-06-2012, 03:48 PM
PWJunior
That's what we do.

Quote:
A 15 year old playing against guys who are playing against the likes of Datsyuk, Ovechkin, Kovalchuk in league play this season.

I'm hoping he at least gets somewhat of a regular shift. If he manages to stand out against this loaded Russian squad, the McDavid talk will be taken to a whole new level.
Yeah, the McDavid hype train will be speeding down the tracks at TGV speeds.

It's absolutely nuts to me that this kid won't be draft eligible for another 3 years. I wonder when people will start picking him game apart and look for warts. My bet is around mid-season next year.

Old
11-06-2012, 05:03 PM
Leviathan

Quote:

Yeah, pretty incredible that one year he's playing against GTHL kids and the next he's facing off against Yakupov, Grigorenko and Vasilevski.

Old
11-06-2012, 05:42 PM
Gigantor The Goalie

If I was Mcdavid I would be so pumped for this game. I bet he is, how many times as a 15yo! do you get to play against World Junior level of competition? I hope the coaching staff gives him a chance to prove himself, would be nice to see how he does.

Old
11-06-2012, 06:14 PM
Garyboy

Quote:
Yeah, pretty incredible that one year he's playing against GTHL kids and the next he's facing off against Yakupov, Grigorenko and Vasilevski.
I wish Grigorenko was playing in Guelph on Thursday, but I think he's only playing in the games against the Q. I hope I'm wrong.

I know what you're saying though. From Minor Midget to playing against guys from what is considered the second best league in the world (KHL), is pretty unreal!

Will be interesting to see who they have him playing with.

Old
11-06-2012, 09:05 PM
Leviathan

If McDavid is playing in the Super Series games in Ontario on the 8th and the 12th, will he play his games for Erie (in Erie) on the 9th and 10th? I assume he is, but thats a pretty rough schedule for him.

Old
11-06-2012, 09:08 PM
Gigantor The Goalie

Quote:
If McDavid is playing in the Super Series games in Ontario on the 8th and the 12th, will he play his games for Erie (in Erie) on the 9th and 10th? I assume he is, but thats a pretty rough schedule for him.
I thought he was only playing the game in Guelph? I only saw Ruperts name on the Guelph game team roster and I thought thats who he was replacing.

Old
11-06-2012, 09:28 PM
StormSurge9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoytoSakic View Post
I thought he was only playing the game in Guelph? I only saw Ruperts name on the Guelph game team roster and I thought thats who he was replacing.
McDavid is only playing in Guelph. He is replacing one of Brendan Gaunce or Lucas Lessio. I believe it was Zach Hall replacing the other.

Rupert was never scheduled to play in Guelph. He is only playing in Sarnia.

Old
11-07-2012, 05:59 AM
Mr Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
Yeah, the McDavid hype train will be speeding down the tracks at TGV speeds.

It's absolutely nuts to me that this kid won't be draft eligible for another 3 years. I wonder when people will start picking him game apart and look for warts. My bet is around mid-season next year.
I'm always the first to jump all over Hockey Canada for their age over skill philosophy when it comes to our junior teams... I'm all for McDavid getting a shot to see just how advanced he is in his developmental curve. I've been saying all along he's 15 going on 18, so now he'll prove to us where's at.. If he manages a couple of points, then the hype machine will be non-stop until draft day 2015. I think I'll even grow tired of it.

Old
11-07-2012, 12:22 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

I think it's good that he's getting a chance to prove himself, few kids are as good as he is at this age.

Old
11-07-2012, 12:30 PM
maplehawk
HFB Partner

Every time I watch the kid I find myself trying to come up with a single NHL comparison but it always ends up being some Frankenstein concept of several different players. Last time I watched a junior aged player this unique was...well, guess who.

Connor's got the speed/explosiveness of Phil Kessel, the vision of RNH, and the hands of Pat Kane. His skillset is second to none, it's just some peripheral/physical things that need to evolve and he will be an absolute generational talent. He tends to get beat along the boards and in corners quite a bit but man, he's 15....if he can develop this side of his game, watch out.

Old
11-07-2012, 01:17 PM
bsmith14

He looks less physically mature as Tavares did at 15. I think thats a good thing. Tavares had the advantage of being more physically mature than his peers.

Closed Thread