HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

John Tavares

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-06-2012, 09:28 PM
  #51
HavlatMach9
Registered User
 
HavlatMach9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,789
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
No problem, i understand your point of view, Tavares is gold.
What if I indulge you in Price for Karlsson straight up ^^. or how about Price + Subban for Karlsson + Lehner, the ladder favors Ottawa though.

HavlatMach9 is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 09:30 PM
  #52
MandyAlwaysKnows
FreeWierciochBanAndy
 
MandyAlwaysKnows's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Madrid
Posts: 12,981
vCash: 500
Mother of god people from Vancouver. God plz.

''Extended Edler''

He may never play another game with his current contract... and what makes you think he'll sign an extension with NYI?

What makes you think he'll sign an extension in Vancouver without a NTC? What makes you think Gillis will blindside him and trade him away immediately after?



Please.

Edler is worth a 3rd or 4th round pick.

MandyAlwaysKnows is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 09:33 PM
  #53
palindrom
Registered User
 
palindrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 4,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HavlatMach9 View Post
What if I indulge you in Price for Karlsson straight up ^^. or how about Price + Subban for Karlsson + Lehner, the ladder favors Ottawa though.
Price for Karlsson ? Seriously, anytime as a habs Fan!

But I dont wanna trade Subban! He is just too cute!
I dont see any players in the Ottawa organization cuter than him.

palindrom is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 09:35 PM
  #54
CanucksSayEh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,952
vCash: 500
Schnieder is where i draw the line, he has wizard ginger puck stopping powers.

CanucksSayEh is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 09:35 PM
  #55
Gavy
Registered User
 
Gavy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundinisagod View Post



Phaneuf, Kessel, Rielly/1st rounder
Although Tavares is going to be amazing/is amazing, Leafs couldn't afford to give up what it would take to get him

Gavy is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 09:37 PM
  #56
MandyAlwaysKnows
FreeWierciochBanAndy
 
MandyAlwaysKnows's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Madrid
Posts: 12,981
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanucksSayEh View Post
Schnieder is where i draw the line, he has wizard ginger puck stopping powers.
Really, Schneider is off the table for JT?

Even when the Canucks have ''an elite top 10 goalie'' in Luongo? And a ''top 3 goalie prospect in the league'' in Lack?

MandyAlwaysKnows is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 09:38 PM
  #57
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,768
vCash: 5100
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Mother of god people from Vancouver. God plz.

''Extended Edler''

He may never play another game with his current contract... and what makes you think he'll sign an extension with NYI?

What makes you think he'll sign an extension in Vancouver without a NTC? What makes you think Gillis will blindside him and trade him away immediately after?



Please.

Edler is worth a 3rd or 4th round pick.
GMs can allow other teams to negotiate an extension with their players prior to being traded. We're assuming Edler would be willing to. Otherwise it's just as big a problem with Spezza, as why would he waive his NTC for the Islanders. Heck, why would the Islanders trade Tavares?

This is all simply to gague the value Tavares would have to other team. For the Canucks, we'd lose Edler, Kesler, and Schneider for him(at least in my opinion). Saying it's unrealistic Edler would want to re-sign with the Islanders defeats the entire purpose of the thread.

Vankiller Whale is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 09:39 PM
  #58
thadd
Oil4Life
 
thadd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: China
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,584
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Kesler, Edler, Schneider.

Please.
That would be the most effective trade in the history of the New York Islanders.

They've got some decent d-men on their team and some great ones coming up in the system, but they're adding a 1st pairing d-man.

Suddenly they've got a quality starting goalie.

They downgrade at center. Kesler can still score a ton of goals and he's an elite shutdown center.

Heck, I bet some Islanders fans would even add a little bit to get that kind of return.

Still leaves Vancouver in great shape.

They've still got Luongo in net, so they don't need to go looking for a starting goalie.

They've upgraded at center. Tavares playing on the second line would be very strange. Guessing he plays with Booth and Raymond. Better than what Tavares has to work with right now IMO.

They're losing Edler, but they've still got a good number of good d-men. They've got too many d-men, in fact.

Good proposal.

thadd is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 09:39 PM
  #59
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 27,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Mother of god people from Vancouver. God plz.

''Extended Edler''

He may never play another game with his current contract... and what makes you think he'll sign an extension with NYI?

What makes you think he'll sign an extension in Vancouver without a NTC? What makes you think Gillis will blindside him and trade him away immediately after?



Please.

Edler is worth a 3rd or 4th round pick.
Pretty sure any team in the league would give up a 3rd or 4th for him, even if he is an upcoming ufa.

Phion Keneuf is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 09:41 PM
  #60
thadd
Oil4Life
 
thadd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: China
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,584
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Pretty sure any team in the league would give up a 3rd or 4th for him, even if he is an upcoming ufa.
Some teams would even give up a first.

thadd is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 09:41 PM
  #61
palindrom
Registered User
 
palindrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 4,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Pretty sure any team in the league would give up a 3rd or 4th for him, even if he is an upcoming ufa.
Even if the season is cancelled?

palindrom is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 09:42 PM
  #62
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,768
vCash: 5100
Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
Even if the season is cancelled?
Yes.

Vankiller Whale is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 09:45 PM
  #63
Scurr
Registered User
 
Scurr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Whalley
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,198
vCash: 500
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl...GlvbnM-;_ylv=3

The NHL is pretty serious about changing free agency to 28 or 8 years service, that would make Edler a RFA

Scurr is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 09:47 PM
  #64
palindrom
Registered User
 
palindrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 4,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Yes.
Well, if the season is cancelled and there is no CBA before next July, Edler will become a UFA. (if UFA age is still 27yo)

So why giving anything for a UFA while any team will be free to negotiate a contract and sign him without giving anything ?

In fact in the case we dont have a cba until july, Vancouver would not even have any right on him! Dont wont be able to trade him before he became UFA.

The point is: Edler value is so variable according to the next CBA, discussing his value is pointless, unless we assume some CBA resolution parameter.

palindrom is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 09:51 PM
  #65
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,768
vCash: 5100
Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
Well, if the season is cancelled and there is no CBA before next July, Edler will become a UFA. (if UFA age is still 27yo)

So why giving anything for a UFA while any team will be free to negotiate a contract and sign him without giving anything ?

In fact in the case we dont have a cba until july, Vancouver would not even have any right on him! Dont wont be able to trade him before he became UFA.
Good thing this thread isn't in July, then. Any team in the league would give up a 3rd, even after the season ends, for the right to negotiate with him. If he were traded right now, and the team was able to negotiate an extension, he would go for far more. Any high impact player at the deadline can usually garner quite a bit at the deadline too.

Vankiller Whale is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 09:52 PM
  #66
MandyAlwaysKnows
FreeWierciochBanAndy
 
MandyAlwaysKnows's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Madrid
Posts: 12,981
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
GMs can allow other teams to negotiate an extension with their players prior to being traded. We're assuming Edler would be willing to. Otherwise it's just as big a problem with Spezza, as why would he waive his NTC for the Islanders. Heck, why would the Islanders trade Tavares?

This is all simply to gague the value Tavares would have to other team. For the Canucks, we'd lose Edler, Kesler, and Schneider for him(at least in my opinion). Saying it's unrealistic Edler would want to re-sign with the Islanders defeats the entire purpose of the thread.
A UFA-to-be Edler signing with Tavares-less NYI without exploring his options is the most farfetched thing in this thread... yes, more than trading Tavares.

Guys waiving their no trade has happened before. When was the last time a sign and trade with a UFA happened? Never probably. This isnt the NBA.

MandyAlwaysKnows is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 09:54 PM
  #67
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,768
vCash: 5100
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
A UFA-to-be Edler signing with Tavares-less NYI without exploring his options is the most farfetched thing in this thread... yes, more than trading Tavares.

Guys waiving their no trade has happened before. When was the last time a sign and trade with a UFA happened? Never probably. This isnt the NBA.
It wouldn't be a sign-n-trade, it would be a trade-n-sign, which happens all the time, actually. Kovalchuk to the Devils, for example, who garnered a king's ransom even at the deadline. Obviously he's better than Edler, but he still holds a lot more value than a 3rd.

Vankiller Whale is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 09:57 PM
  #68
Sevren
Registered User
 
Sevren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,817
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
No problem, i understand your point of view, Tavares is gold.

What if i add Subban and Collberg and i take Dipietro contract ?

To NYI
Price
Subban
Beaulieu
Galchenyuk
1st
Collberg

To Montreal:

Tavares
DiPietro
Is this real life?

Sevren is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 09:58 PM
  #69
MandyAlwaysKnows
FreeWierciochBanAndy
 
MandyAlwaysKnows's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Madrid
Posts: 12,981
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
It wouldn't be a sign-n-trade, it would be a trade-n-sign, which happens all the time, actually. Kovalchuk to the Devils, for example, who garnered a king's ransom even at the deadline. Obviously he's better than Edler, but he still holds a lot more value than a 3rd.
uh there is no season at the moment.

Therefore, Edler's rights are equal to a June trade for UFA rights. Good players usually get a mid round pick. Hamhuis got a 3rd. Edler is worse than him.

MandyAlwaysKnows is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 09:58 PM
  #70
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,768
vCash: 5100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevren View Post
Is this real life?
Palindrom hates Price.

Vankiller Whale is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 10:00 PM
  #71
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,768
vCash: 5100
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
uh there is no season at the moment.

Therefore, Edler's rights are equal to a June trade for UFA rights. Good players usually get a mid round pick. Hamhuis got a 3rd. Edler is worse than him.
Since the thread is happening now, we'd have to assume the CBA is in effect now. Otherwise no trades can take place period, right?

Vankiller Whale is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 10:01 PM
  #72
thadd
Oil4Life
 
thadd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: China
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,584
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl...GlvbnM-;_ylv=3

The NHL is pretty serious about changing free agency to 28 or 8 years service, that would make Edler a RFA
I don't think they'll get that unless they increase the minimum qualifying offer for restricted free agents.

thadd is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 10:02 PM
  #73
MandyAlwaysKnows
FreeWierciochBanAndy
 
MandyAlwaysKnows's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Madrid
Posts: 12,981
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Since the thread is happening now, we'd have to assume the CBA is in effect now. Otherwise no trades can take place period, right?
I don't see why trades couldn't happen, but ok, yes he would have more value then a 3rd, but he's a rental and NYI simply isn't looking for that. He doesn't hold much value if any at all for them.

MandyAlwaysKnows is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 10:03 PM
  #74
palindrom
Registered User
 
palindrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 4,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Palindrom hates Price.
Can we set thing straight ?

i dont hate Price at all, i was among the one having confidence in him when we traded halak and i always cheered for him.

This is nothing emotional nothing about love or hate.

palindrom is offline  
Old
11-06-2012, 10:04 PM
  #75
palindrom
Registered User
 
palindrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 4,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevren View Post
Is this real life?
Last time i checked this forum wasn't real life.

If you are looking for real life, i suggest you to leave this forum, make your class and apply to become a real GM.

palindrom is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:42 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.