HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 Official BST Discussion Thread Part II

Closed Thread

Old
11-04-2012, 08:07 PM
bluechipbonzo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester9881 View Post
Anyone that said his skating was bad, was looking for a negative in his game. I think you would be hard pressed to find anyone that said he didn't possess all the tools to be a blue chip prospect.
I concur.

Old
11-04-2012, 08:39 PM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott99 View Post
Not gonna complain, especially with a 5-2 record, BUT, should the UPS line be broken up ? Ullstrom, Persson and Sundstrom are all very talented in their own rights, but they don't seem to be meshing together. I like the idea of having a Swede line, BUT if its not working, lets see what these guys can do with other linemates.
One way or another, Pellegrim should be putting a premium on getting as much out of Ullstrom as possible.

He's one of the team's most established AHL scorers and should be one of our top three scorers this year. Dunno if that's likely playing with several AHL rookies?

Of course, there's still a lot of hockey to be played and everything from injuries to slumps will force the coach's hands with respect to line combos.

Old
11-04-2012, 08:42 PM
Jester9881

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott99 View Post
Bridgeport lost 5-3 today. Poulin was pulled after giving up 3 goals in the second period (at least I'm hoping that's what happened, hoping it wasn't an injury). Niederreiter and Nelson scored goals again, as did Persson. Ness, Donovan, Halmo, Sundstrom all had assists.
Poulin looked weak tonight.... a couple of those goals he gave up were pretty bad. The goal Nino scored was of a semi break away..... he split the D, crashed the net hard and slipped a back hander through. Looked like a classic power forward.

Shortly after that Nelson almost scored on an identical attempt.

They really need Nilsson back, as well as Kabanov and Ullstrom.

Old
11-04-2012, 09:11 PM
Zanny

Okay...someone please explain how sundsrom was awarded the first assist on Nelson's goal. The BP website write up states that Nino's shot was blocked and Donovan passed the deflection to Nelson who then scored. A couple of things don't make sense. One, it was a four on four so were there three isles fowards on the ice at the time of the goal. Two, if Nino's shot deflected off of Sundsrom then why was Sundstom given the primary assist and not the secondary assist. Anyone at the game who can clarify how Nelson scored the last goal? I know its not a big deal, but would just like to make sense of what happened the last minute of the game. Thanks.

Old
11-05-2012, 04:04 AM
NYI78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanny View Post
Okay...someone please explain how sundsrom was awarded the first assist on Nelson's goal. The BP website write up states that Nino's shot was blocked and Donovan passed the deflection to Nelson who then scored. A couple of things don't make sense. One, it was a four on four so were there three isles fowards on the ice at the time of the goal. Two, if Nino's shot deflected off of Sundsrom then why was Sundstom given the primary assist and not the secondary assist. Anyone at the game who can clarify how Nelson scored the last goal? I know its not a big deal, but would just like to make sense of what happened the last minute of the game. Thanks.
nelson shot the puck and it went in

Old
11-05-2012, 07:37 AM
Zanny

Oh...much clearer now. Thanks.

Seriously, did Sundstrom actually deserve the primary assist on Nelson's goal at the end of yesterday's game?

Did Sundstrom redirect Donovan's pass to Nelson before Nelson shot the puck and it went in?

Much appreciated.

Old
11-05-2012, 07:43 AM
NYI78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanny View Post
Oh...much clearer now. Thanks.

Seriously, did Sundstrom actually deserve the primary assist on Nelson's goal at the end of yesterday's game?

Did Sundstrom redirect Donovan's pass to Nelson before Nelson shot the puck and it went in?

Much appreciated.
honestly from where i was sitting it was tough to see if he redirected or not

Old
11-05-2012, 08:27 AM
Sneekypete

Not to sound like a D*** but Does it really matter who gets the assist, the team played a less then spirited game and deserved to lose. The defense had numerous breakdowns and Poulin had what could have been the his worst game in 2 years. If Bport is not playing gritty and a grinding style they seem to get lulled to sleep.

Old
11-05-2012, 09:14 AM
redbull
BeLIeve in miracles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneekypete View Post
Not to sound like a D*** but Does it really matter who gets the assist, the team played a less then spirited game and deserved to lose. The defense had numerous breakdowns and Poulin had what could have been the his worst game in 2 years. If Bport is not playing gritty and a grinding style they seem to get lulled to sleep.

When Nino loses the AHL scoring championship by ONE POINT, we'll see how much furious rage Sneekypete exhibits in his ranting posts.

As an aside, I do think Nino will be among the AHL leaders in goals and possibly points this year, assuming he plays in the AHL all year.

I do think the NHLers will pull away, like Eberle, RNL, Hall, B.Schenn (if he can stay healthy) or even a guy like Granlund or Baertschi - but I can see Nino being in that group. He's going to be a good NHLer and this is a good first step for him (though he did things a bit backwards last year - as well all saw)

Old
11-05-2012, 06:58 PM
leaponover

Highlights are up now on the BST youtube channel....

Wow, Poulin must be getting paid by Thompson because two of the three goals he scored were gimmies by Poulin. Definitely an off night for him.

Nino driving to the net with quick hands and the guy was draped all over him, good stuff. Hamonic tooling Despeus or whatever his name is was fun to watch. Wishart is still slower than a popsicle melting on a sidewalk in Alberta in January. Just a waste of a spot imo. Persson looks strong on his skates, hard to knock down. Nelson's wrister was pretty easy to get off as it doesn't seem like the D took the body on him much, nonetheless it was a strong shot and nice to see him on the scoreboard in back to back games.

Wish they would just show Bridgeport games on NHL center ice I'd pay full price for that!

Old
11-05-2012, 07:27 PM
Brain Hemorrhage

Quote:
I can't agree with this. The games I've watched he's made some boneheaded outlet passes that ended up on opponents sticks. I have to say, I'm very disappointed with the defense. For something that was supposed to be a strength, I'm seeing a lot of holes. Other than Hamonic, CdH (when he was healthy) and Donovan.... they very much looked like an ECHL level defense to me.
How much ECHL and AHL have you watched?

Landry is big, skates well, and can pass tape to tape long distances. Sure, he does not always connect, but the liabilities on this D are Wishart, Hill and very young forwards.

Old
11-05-2012, 07:57 PM
Renbarg

JT got screwed out of a goal last year. He would have been a PPG player if they gave it to him.

Old
11-06-2012, 10:46 AM
KrisBeKreame

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post
No doubt! I just hate how the armchair GM's dismiss talent because of skating speed. Good skating is a lot more involved than just speed. Agility, I say, is more important. (think of going to the net hard and being able to dangle and deke, rather than to go Grabner and reduce your chances every inch forward)

I don't worry about Strome's wheels, just his size and ability to take a hit in the bigs.
at 6'1" 192 lbs. he's not as small as you make him out to be. He is very close in size to bailey or Nielsen.

Old
11-06-2012, 11:25 AM
Jester9881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain Hemorrhage View Post
How much ECHL and AHL have you watched?

Landry is big, skates well, and can pass tape to tape long distances. Sure, he does not always connect, but the liabilities on this D are Wishart, Hill and very young forwards.
Watch him closer, especially when he's in the defensive end without the puck. Watch what he does during the times between when the puck drops and that red light flashes while he stares at the rafters.

He's awful, and if it wasn't for Ty Wishart.... he'd be BP's worst liability on D.

Old
11-06-2012, 11:27 AM
Jester9881

Next game, I'm going to count how many times he turns the puck over.

Old
11-06-2012, 02:48 PM
NYI78

Quote:
Next game, I'm going to count how many times he turns the puck over.
lol its a sad state of affairs when we are counting Jon Landry turnovers

Old
11-06-2012, 03:28 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYI78 View Post
It is pretty funny. A new drinking game perhaps?

From the games I've seen, I've liked Landry. His assist to Nelson in the first game against Worcester was real nice, we were sitting like right there so we had a nice view of it. I think he dropped the gloves in the preseason game I saw and was happy to see that as well. I guess I should pay more attention to him to see what all the fuss is about.

Old
11-06-2012, 05:54 PM
Jester9881

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYI78 View Post
lol, this is true.

Nothing against the guy, he's played at a level I could have only dreamed of reaching when I was a kid. But, there's a reason he's almost 30 and just made it out of the ECHL. I really don't want to slam the guy, (because he is better than Wishart) but I don't agree with the assessment that he's been good either.

Old
11-07-2012, 03:57 AM
NYI78

Quote:
lol, this is true.

Nothing against the guy, he's played at a level I could have only dreamed of reaching when I was a kid. But, there's a reason he's almost 30 and just made it out of the ECHL. I really don't want to slam the guy, (because he is better than Wishart) but I don't agree with the assessment that he's been good either.
he is what he is..an ahl dman..the de haan injury leaves a void on the blue line for sure

Old
11-07-2012, 05:15 AM
Degeneration Rex

Just saw that Bridgeport is playing Norfolk at 11 this morning.

Last edited by Degeneration Rex: 11-07-2012 at 05:50 AM.
Old
11-07-2012, 10:11 AM
luki here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Degeneration Rex View Post
Just saw that Bridgeport is playing Norfolk at 11 this morning.
cheers for the heads up, woulda missed it.

edit: bad first period by bridgeport. Poulin still shaky, bad pp (hammer not controlling the puck well on the blue line). Nino continues to create chances though. Nontheless bridgeport takes a 1-0 (McDonald from Hill) into the break.

Last edited by luki here: 11-07-2012 at 10:47 AM.
Old
11-07-2012, 11:13 AM
Degeneration Rex

2-1 Bridgeport, Goal by Sundstrom from Nelson.
Now 2-2, Mid way through 2nd period.

Last edited by Degeneration Rex: 11-07-2012 at 11:19 AM.
Old
11-07-2012, 11:57 AM
Strummergas

I'm following the boxscore at work. Bridgeport up 3-2 at the end of the 2nd on a goal by Nelson. Good to see him keeping up the production.

Old
11-07-2012, 11:59 AM
YashinWorksHard

3-2 now. Mcdonald, Sundstrom and Nelson. 1+1 fpr Nelson.

How many time Kabanov will be out? and Nilsson?

Old
11-07-2012, 12:00 PM
startainfection

who leads b port in goals, assists and points this season?

who do you think leads b port in goals assists and points this season if the lock out lasts all year

my predictions
goals: Nino, Nelson, Ullstrom
assists: Donovan, Cizikas, Nelson

Closed Thread