HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Daniel Audette

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-06-2012, 05:58 PM
  #26
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,274
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by grahamgill31450 View Post
He was born in Blainville but raised in Sherbrooke
Thanks, makes sense that he plays there.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 06:07 PM
  #27
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Okay, was Sherbrooke the only team he would play for ?
No but Sherbrooke chose their local talent over a guy like Pepin who many considered better. Wether of not their management believed he was remains a mystery but the fact that he was local definately played a factor in their decision to pick him first. He's still going to be a good player in this league.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 06:22 PM
  #28
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,274
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
No but Sherbrooke chose their local talent over a guy like Pepin who many considered better. Wether of not their management believed he was remains a mystery but the fact that he was local definately played a factor in their decision to pick him first. He's still going to be a good player in this league.
Ok, we'll they are the ones with a job to lose... Lol

Does Pepin have star potential ?

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 09:29 PM
  #29
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Ok, we'll they are the ones with a job to lose... Lol

Does Pepin have star potential ?
Absolutely. He'll be a force to reckon with in the QMJHL and probably has the most NHL potential among players taken in that draft. He's very mature , good skater , vision and shot. He's a hard worker that gives it his all and has a good frame at 6'2.5" , 200 lbs.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 01:03 AM
  #30
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,274
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
Absolutely. He'll be a force to reckon with in the QMJHL and probably has the most NHL potential among players taken in that draft. He's very mature , good skater , vision and shot. He's a hard worker that gives it his all and has a good frame at 6'2.5" , 200 lbs.
So technically PEI got a steal !

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 04:11 AM
  #31
hab 4ever
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Montréal, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
No but Sherbrooke chose their local talent over a guy like Pepin who many considered better. Wether of not their management believed he was remains a mystery but the fact that he was local definately played a factor in their decision to pick him first. He's still going to be a good player in this league.
Blainville is 90 minutes from Sherbrooke. Audette is not a local player so that argument does not apply IMO although I suspect his father has relationships with the ownership im Sherbrooke. I feel that they picked the guy who was am exciting player and around whom they could be for years. I do agree that Pépin is a better player after 20 games and has the tools to be a better pro prospect but Sherbrooke was far from the only team who had Audette no. 1 on their list. Fnally, if Audette played anywhere else than Sherbrooke (except perhaps Shawinigan), I have doubt that he would have better stats and look a tad better.

hab 4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 09:10 AM
  #32
ClemQ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 563
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hab 4ever View Post
Blainville is 90 minutes from Sherbrooke. Audette is not a local player so that argument does not apply IMO although I suspect his father has relationships with the ownership im Sherbrooke. I feel that they picked the guy who was am exciting player and around whom they could be for years. I do agree that Pépin is a better player after 20 games and has the tools to be a better pro prospect but Sherbrooke was far from the only team who had Audette no. 1 on their list. Fnally, if Audette played anywhere else than Sherbrooke (except perhaps Shawinigan), I have doubt that he would have better stats and look a tad better.

i bet every team had him at number 1. they had a deal in place in april that had him going to sherbrooke. there was no doubt this kid was number 1. both those kids are going to have 4-5yr careers in the Q. that's 250-300 games.....they have played 20 games so far!!!

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 10:29 AM
  #33
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemQ View Post
i bet every team had him at number 1. they had a deal in place in april that had him going to sherbrooke. there was no doubt this kid was number 1. both those kids are going to have 4-5yr careers in the Q. that's 250-300 games.....they have played 20 games so far!!!
Don't get me wrong, they are both going to be great players in this league. The only thing I'm stating is that I like Pepin better and I know for a fact a few teams did too. In terms of pro potential(succeedung at the NHL level) , any scout will tell you Pepin has the better pro potential of the two.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 10:32 AM
  #34
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hab 4ever View Post
Blainville is 90 minutes from Sherbrooke. Audette is not a local player so that argument does not apply IMO although I suspect his father has relationships with the ownership im Sherbrooke. I feel that they picked the guy who was am exciting player and around whom they could be for years. I do agree that Pépin is a better player after 20 games and has the tools to be a better pro prospect but Sherbrooke was far from the only team who had Audette no. 1 on their list. Fnally, if Audette played anywhere else than Sherbrooke (except perhaps Shawinigan), I have doubt that he would have better stats and look a tad better.
Alma is 60 minutes away from Moncton , so James Sanford shouldn't have been considered a local talent...How many minutes distance considers them out of bounce? Are the Saulnier twins considered local ? There about 25 mins away I wonder if that had an affect on them getting drafted by Moncton...

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 12:48 PM
  #35
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,274
vCash: 500
Donald Audette doesn't just have ties to the ownership, he is apparently a part owner.

Got word about it last night.... He was going there from the minute they got the team...

Well atleast they got the hometown boy to build around...

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 01:45 PM
  #36
ClemQ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 563
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
Don't get me wrong, they are both going to be great players in this league. The only thing I'm stating is that I like Pepin better and I know for a fact a few teams did too. In terms of pro potential(succeedung at the NHL level) , any scout will tell you Pepin has the better pro potential of the two.
agreed. But the GM's for the Q dont look for NHl talent, they look for players that will perform best in the Q. And you have to admit, Audette fits the profile of a 5yr Q league player who will have 100+ points his last couple years for sure.
You also have to bear in mind that he has yet to play a game at 100%. He's had a bad ankle since the start of training camp.

they are both good young players, and, actually there were several really , really good players drafted. Carrier (D) is a future star quarterback. Paquin-boudreau (baie comeau) has quietly averaged a point per game as a 16yr old so far. Those players are all impressive in their own way. That is all good news for the league and the fans. The future is bright!!!

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 01:50 PM
  #37
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,253
vCash: 500
What's your take on Bishop in Cape Breton ?

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 02:06 PM
  #38
ClemQ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 563
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
What's your take on Bishop in Cape Breton ?
i liked what i saw in him. i thought he was one of the more "Q ready" players. Having said that, i'm not sure what cape breton will do for Bishop, and not the other way around....know what i mean!! Calling a spade, a spade...they have had issues develloping players. Their draft record is not the best, and they have had issues!

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 02:09 PM
  #39
#57
Registered User
 
#57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,891
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemQ View Post
agreed. But the GM's for the Q dont look for NHl talent, they look for players that will perform best in the Q. And you have to admit, Audette fits the profile of a 5yr Q league player who will have 100+ points his last couple years for sure.
You also have to bear in mind that he has yet to play a game at 100%. He's had a bad ankle since the start of training camp.

they are both good young players, and, actually there were several really , really good players drafted. Carrier (D) is a future star quarterback. Paquin-boudreau (baie comeau) has quietly averaged a point per game as a 16yr old so far. Those players are all impressive in their own way. That is all good news for the league and the fans. The future is bright!!!
Boudreau is 17

#57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 02:13 PM
  #40
ClemQ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 563
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #57 View Post
Boudreau is 17
does that make it less impressive? is their lots of 17yr old first yr players averaging a point per game? he also has only 1 season played at the midget AAA level.
it's impressive enough to be noted.

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 02:20 PM
  #41
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemQ View Post
i liked what i saw in him. i thought he was one of the more "Q ready" players. Having said that, i'm not sure what cape breton will do for Bishop, and not the other way around....know what i mean!! Calling a spade, a spade...they have had issues develloping players. Their draft record is not the best, and they have had issues!
I had watched him play numerous times before he was drafted and I tend to agree about him being one of the more "Q ready" players. After watching him a few times this season, he dosn't seem to be as effective as projected in his rookie campaigne. Another fact I noticed is that he saw very limited ice time which can be expected for a 16-year old , however that may be why is confidence is absent. I thought ,being the position they are, Cape Breton would play some of the younger talent a bit more than usual.I'm not sure what's going on with their internal problems but hopefully they can get them figured out as it seems to be taking a toll on their players.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 02:24 PM
  #42
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,253
vCash: 500
Another player that I've been impressed with thus far is Loik Leveille. Poise ,young defender who sees the ice well. He's a good skater, very mobile and makes a good first pass. He has a bright future in this league. Baie Comeau are going to have a strong few seasons ahead. They were a team I predicted to surpass expectations this season and they're doing so. The euro additions were crutial for them and they struck gold choosin Zykov in the second round of the Import draft. Acquiring Straka for 3rd and 6th round picks also proved to be a very beneficial move.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 02:49 PM
  #43
ClemQ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 563
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
Another player that I've been impressed with thus far is Loik Leveille. Poise ,young defender who sees the ice well. He's a good skater, very mobile and makes a good first pass. He has a bright future in this league. Baie Comeau are going to have a strong few seasons ahead. They were a team I predicted to surpass expectations this season and they're doing so. The euro additions were crutial for them and they struck gold choosin Zykov in the second round of the Import draft. Acquiring Straka for 3rd and 6th round picks also proved to be a very beneficial move.
if you remember i had picked them also as a possible surprise. Not a surprise to me, but surprise based on teams being mentioned as contenders. Do i think they can compete with halifax, quebec, blainville and moncton?? no! but, i do think they can be anywhere from 5-8th. If you look at all teams that are lining up for big years next year, IMO, they are at the top of the pile. Zykov is only 17 and his success only makes it easier for BC to recruit another euro. They have had issues getting euros the past 3-4 years. They hold 2 first round picks in the next 2 drafts. Their starting goalie is 17 and very, very consistent. Not stellar often, but consistent. And the 4 teams mentionned above are all gunning for it this year. Some will still be pretty good next year (halifax), but i dont think they will be quite as good as they are now. The other big/significant pick up was their coach! The approach of their team has completely changed. They have a quiet confidence about them. They are the most disciplined team in the league. He has brought them to another level and with him having won before, he will know how to handle the team next year.

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 02:58 PM
  #44
ClemQ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 563
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
I had watched him play numerous times before he was drafted and I tend to agree about him being one of the more "Q ready" players. After watching him a few times this season, he dosn't seem to be as effective as projected in his rookie campaigne. Another fact I noticed is that he saw very limited ice time which can be expected for a 16-year old , however that may be why is confidence is absent. I thought ,being the position they are, Cape Breton would play some of the younger talent a bit more than usual.I'm not sure what's going on with their internal problems but hopefully they can get them figured out as it seems to be taking a toll on their players.
they have many issues IMO. ownership is a problem, drafting has been an issue. rushing players to their line up has been an issue. Durocher - hindered more than he helped. And the fact they feel they have to draft local players also hinders.
Not all 16yr old players are ready for regular ice time at that level. Jacob arsenault is another example of poor drafting. the kid was an early 2nd round pick, was rushed in the line up and is now playing high school hockey!!!

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 08:07 PM
  #45
hab 4ever
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Montréal, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
Alma is 60 minutes away from Moncton , so James Sanford shouldn't have been considered a local talent...How many minutes distance considers them out of bounce? Are the Saulnier twins considered local ? There about 25 mins away I wonder if that had an affect on them getting drafted by Moncton...
No it is not since there are a bunch of other Q teams closer to Blainville than Sherbrooke. I study at Sherbrooke and I can tell you that the only local players are those like Comtois who are from the Estrie region (aka Magog Cantoniers players in Midget AAA). Laurentides and Lanaudière are completely different regions from Estrie/Eastern Townships. Pépin being from Candiac, he is closer to Sherbrooke than Audette so he'd be more of a local player than Audette. That local player argument does not hold. Anyhow. I have been impressed too by Léveillé. Not huge but lots of skills and only 2015 NHL draft eligible.

hab 4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 10:05 PM
  #46
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,274
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemQ View Post
if you remember i had picked them also as a possible surprise. Not a surprise to me, but surprise based on teams being mentioned as contenders. Do i think they can compete with halifax, quebec, blainville and moncton?? no! but, i do think they can be anywhere from 5-8th. If you look at all teams that are lining up for big years next year, IMO, they are at the top of the pile. Zykov is only 17 and his success only makes it easier for BC to recruit another euro. They have had issues getting euros the past 3-4 years. They hold 2 first round picks in the next 2 drafts. Their starting goalie is 17 and very, very consistent. Not stellar often, but consistent. And the 4 teams mentionned above are all gunning for it this year. Some will still be pretty good next year (halifax), but i dont think they will be quite as good as they are now. The other big/significant pick up was their coach! The approach of their team has completely changed. They have a quiet confidence about them. They are the most disciplined team in the league. He has brought them to another level and with him having won before, he will know how to handle the team next year.
Kudos to Steve Ahern for turning things around.. They looked like they were cooked after the MacKinnon deal..

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 06:50 AM
  #47
ClemQ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 563
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Kudos to Steve Ahern for turning things around.. They looked like they were cooked after the MacKinnon deal..
Their whole hockey group has made great strides. it's been a long time to rebuild, but, if the cards are played right, they will be a competitive team every year, and every so often they will have the chips to gamble a bit in order to make a run. I mentioned yesterday, and i'm convinced of it. if you look at all the assets of every team: draft picks, age of players, depth at each position, coaching...they are at the top going forward, or very close to it!

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 01:18 PM
  #48
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,274
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemQ View Post
Their whole hockey group has made great strides. it's been a long time to rebuild, but, if the cards are played right, they will be a competitive team every year, and every so often they will have the chips to gamble a bit in order to make a run. I mentioned yesterday, and i'm convinced of it. if you look at all the assets of every team: draft picks, age of players, depth at each position, coaching...they are at the top going forward, or very close to it!
I agree, and their fans deserve a good team, and it's looking like they'll finally getting it.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 12:38 AM
  #49
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot
 
QuebecPride's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sherbrooke , Qc
Country: Martinique
Posts: 2,694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
No but Sherbrooke chose their local talent over a guy like Pepin who many considered better. Wether of not their management believed he was remains a mystery but the fact that he was local definately played a factor in their decision to pick him first. He's still going to be a good player in this league.
Audette is not from Sherbrooke.

His father is a good friend of Jocelyn Thibault who is an owner of the team. Audette was a logical choice, he's the most talented player from that draft. What weighted a lot in the balance though, is the fact that his name was very good to sell tickets, considering the fact that his father played for the Habs and whatnot. See it as a big PR move.

QuebecPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2012, 12:42 AM
  #50
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot
 
QuebecPride's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sherbrooke , Qc
Country: Martinique
Posts: 2,694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Donald Audette doesn't just have ties to the ownership, he is apparently a part owner.

Got word about it last night.... He was going there from the minute they got the team...

Well atleast they got the hometown boy to build around...
Nope. Donald Audette is not a part owner.

Here are the actual owners of the team http://www.hockeyphoenix.ca/page/direction

QuebecPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:42 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.