HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edmonton, Phoenix, Pittsburgh

Old
11-07-2012, 08:31 AM
roboninja
EYG

vCash: 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
I wouldn't. That trade is a joke. Drop any pretense of 'values'. Hanzal and Yandle are key cogs for a team that just won its division and went to the conference finals. Yakupov hasn't even skated a shift in the NHL.
Do you know the main problem with this oft-spouted attitude? If Yakupov reaches his potential in the NHL, you would never be able to trade for him unless overpaying.

Yandle may be enough for the potential Yakupov. Yandle is not enough for an established Yakupov that has reached his potential in the NHL. Heck, if he becomes a 50-goal guy, I don't trade him for OEL, yet alone Yandle.

That's how potential is valued; it allows you to "potentially" get a great player for less. Sure, there is risk, but there's a saying about risks & rewards out there.

roboninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 09:11 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSC View Post
Change Yandle to OEL and I'd think long and hard about it. Still don't know if I'd take it though.
This I agree with. If we are giving up yakupov I want OEL comg back

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 09:12 AM
cobra427

vCash: 500
Quote:
I wouldn't. That trade is a joke. Drop any pretense of 'values'. Hanzal and Yandle are key cogs for a team that just won its division and went to the conference finals. Yakupov hasn't even skated a shift in the NHL.
Exactly, teams that go to the WCF don't trade there best forward and an NHL 1st line defensemen for potential. Yakupov might be great, but we don't know for sure yet. If Phoenix missed the playoffs and were rebuilding, then maybe. Hanzel and OEL won't get traded, and if Yandle does, it will be part of a package for an established 1st line center.

cobra427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 09:15 AM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

A big fat No from Pittsburgh.

Shrimper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 09:26 AM
worraps
Acceptance

Yakupov alone isn't moving for Hanzal, Yandle , and Brown. Including Hemsky and Gagner just makes it ridiculous.

What a lot of HF doesn't seem to grasp is that Edmonton is quite happy to sacrifice making the playoffs in the short run to reap the benefit of having elite talent in the long run. Hanzals, Yandles, and Browns come around all the time, 19 year old potential 40+ goal scorers are far more rare.

If Maloney wants a 19 year old franchise winger he is going to have to draft one himself. No one is going to trade him one.

worraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 09:31 AM
Jtown

No from edmonton.

While i think edmonton will eventually get more balanced out and deal 1 of the big 4, i dont think it will be for yandle and hanzal.

The hardest thing to do in this league is score, and you dont trade a player like yakupov away just to get more balanced.

Now if its OEL for Yak straight up...then maybe but yandle and hanzel i say no.

Also gagner is a great 2nd line center for that team,

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 09:36 AM
Saving Greiss
#Bortuzzoed

Chipchura >>> Sutter
Hemsky = long-term solution for Sid's wing.
3rd round pick is gold

Shero does this in an instant.

Saving Greiss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 09:43 AM
Oilin Toronto

Quote:
That's exactly why you're getting him for a bargain basement price. After he scores 40 next year, you wouldn't get him for the Yandle, Hanzal, and OEL.

Oilin Toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 09:51 AM
Frank Gallagher
"Alcohol is a gift"

Nope. Nope. Nope.

Shero wouldn't do that to us. It basically guts our bottom six unnecessarily.

Phoenix shouldn't do it either. Giving up the two best players in the deal for a kid who hasn't a game under his belt and a defensively inept 40 point center? I think not.

Edmonton looks like banditos here.

Frank Gallagher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 09:55 AM
ducky

Too funny.

Are there any more core Phoenix players we could add to get Yakupov? 2 #1 Dmen plus an elite shutdown centre and what else?

Seriously though, OEL is worth more than Yakupov. Edmonton would do that deal in an instant. No "maybe" about it. Phoenix wouldn't though.

Yandle is probably enough to get Yakupov. Sure as heck would not take Hanzal as well.

ducky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 10:01 AM
Sager
U talkin to me punk?

considering how yakupov is valued there, how about

dumoulin + pouliot + sutter + kennedy for

yak

Sager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 10:08 AM
CupofOil
Visually, we suck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
I'm pretty sure Edmonton takes this.

In fact, I'm positive Edmonton takes this.
As s7ark said, speak for yourself.
It would be nice to add Yandle and Hanzal but **** no to trading Yakupov now, no freaking way. It would be brutal to see him go all superstar mode somewhere else. If it was an OEL for Yakupov swap then we're talking but Phoenix wouldn't do that. I also don't think that Phoenix would do a Yandle+Hanzal for Yakupov+Gagner deal because they are win now mode and those players are big keys to their current success.
I don't know why he's popping up in so many trade proposals, it's getting kind of ridiculous.
Yeah Yeah, he hasn't played an NHL game yet blah blah blah. It still makes no sense to trade a player with his unique abilities before the Oilers see what they have in him unless a potential superstar is coming back.

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 10:16 AM
TOGuy14

Quote:
I kinda agree.

Heck, I'd be down with Gagner + Yakupov for Hanzal + Yandle.
Phoenix wouldn't, you would have to add for sure.

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 10:25 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by worraps View Post
Yakupov alone isn't moving for Hanzal, Yandle , and Brown. Including Hemsky and Gagner just makes it ridiculous.

What a lot of HF doesn't seem to grasp is that Edmonton is quite happy to sacrifice making the playoffs in the short run to reap the benefit of having elite talent in the long run. Hanzals, Yandles, and Browns come around all the time, 19 year old potential 40+ goal scorers are far more rare.

If Maloney wants a 19 year old franchise winger he is going to have to draft one himself. No one is going to trade him one.
Hanzal's and Yandle's don't come around all the time. Yandle is a top pair d-man, and Hanzal is one of the most unique players in the game.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 10:43 AM
CupofOil
Visually, we suck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Hanzal's and Yandle's don't come around all the time. Yandle is a top pair d-man, and Hanzal is one of the most unique players in the game.
There are a bunch of puckmoving top pairing Dmen in the league, Yandle is good but there are plenty of Yandle level talents around the league.
Hanzal is a good, shutdown center but there are plenty of those around the league as well.
OEL is the definition of a unique talent. He has it all, it's just a matter of him continuing on his current development path which is on a huge, upward swing.
If Yakupov fulfills his potential, he has all the ability to be elite. Players with his speed, shot and puckhandling ability don't come around too often.

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 10:58 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
Yakupov is very valuable.
Quote:
Not on HFboards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotesFan47 View Post
Sure he is, but out of the big 4 in Edmonton he seems to have the least value.
On march 30th Yakupov was the second coming of Bossy.

Oilers get the first overall pick--he became questionable, a project and more then likely a bust

Do not know in what world Hanzel is a second line center--he is a solid third line center

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 11:02 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Pittsburgh says no. Easily. The rest doesn't matter.

11-07-2012, 11:52 AM
worraps
Acceptance

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Pittsburgh says no. Easily. The rest doesn't matter.
Pittsburgh needs to find Crosby a winger somewhere. I agree that Hemsky probably isn't the best choice.

Old
11-07-2012, 12:05 PM
Anderson55

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotesFan47 View Post
Because Phoenix would needs a replacement defensive center (on top of needing another center anyhow) and unless I'm mistaken Pittsburgh needs another winger for their top 6. Phoenix wouldn't really need Hemsky, that's why Pittsburgh is involved in this trade.
Filling a hole and by adding another is not how to build anything

Anderson55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 12:09 PM
glenbuis

U should stick with the edm phoe portion of the deal Pitts will not even consider it u should also give up on trying to get something of significance for hemsky he would never last a round in todays playoffs

glenbuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 12:13 PM
Anderson55

Quote:
Originally Posted by worraps View Post
Pittsburgh needs to find Crosby a winger somewhere. I agree that Hemsky probably isn't the best choice.
Why do they need to find him a winger? he averaged 1.6 ppg with kunitz and dupuis. Sure it might help but not as much as having a very good young 3rd line center like Sutter. This whole "Crosby needs a winger" stuff is way over blown, pitt had 3 wingers score more than 20 goals last year

Anderson55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 01:04 PM
worraps
Acceptance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson55 View Post
Why do they need to find him a winger? he averaged 1.6 ppg with kunitz and dupuis. Sure it might help but not as much as having a very good young 3rd line center like Sutter. This whole "Crosby needs a winger" stuff is way over blown, pitt had 3 wingers score more than 20 goals last year
Imagine how many more points Crosby would have if he had a talented winger. A team with the two best offensive talents in the league centreing its top 2 lines was bounced in the first round playing fire wagon hockey against the Flyers. There is something very wrong with that.

I wouldn't move Sutter but I would be looking to move some of those defensive prospects for help on Sid's wing.

Old
11-07-2012, 01:14 PM
Booyakasha
Nailinus Omarkupov

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGuy14 View Post
Phoenix wouldn't, you would have to add for sure.
Edmonton would have to add?, not likely, I don't think they would entertain the idea.

Booyakasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 01:34 PM
HockeyGuruPitka

I personally feel like Yakupov will end up being the best player on Edmonton. I would recomend avoiding any trade including him.

HockeyGuruPitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 01:41 PM
Jamin

Quote:
Horcoff for your teams best prospect I mean they havent even played a shift in the NHL.

When will this logic stop. Someone can post first overalls for the last 20 years and the only busts were 15 years ago or dmen and goalies. Add to that being the KHL rookie of the month and I think there is some history to set the precedent that we can stop with the "he hasnt played a shift yet".

I understand the reasoning of them being key cogs to the team and am not advocating that trade. I just hate how He hasnt played a shift in the NHL was an argument against Hall, against RNH and now Yak and each time it gets proven wrong. Just like Stamkos, tavaraes, Kane, Seguin, Landeskog, Duchene etc all "never played a shift", there is a reason elite prospects go first or second overall

Jamin is offline   Reply With Quote