HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

C Mikhail Grigorenko - Quebec Remparts, QMJHL (2012 draft) III

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-07-2012, 09:35 AM
  #426
Dangles McGavin
RIP Lounge
 
Dangles McGavin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Oakville
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,240
vCash: 500
I never understood why more players don't master the saucer pass. It's honestly probably the most under-utilized technique in hockey, and Grigorenko seems to be a wizard at it.

I'm absolute garbage at ice hockey, but saucer passes was the first thing I worked on getting good at. Helps with my lack of skating and ... everything else

Dangles McGavin is offline  
Old
11-07-2012, 09:47 AM
  #427
domdo345
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangles McGavin View Post
I never understood why more players don't master the saucer pass. It's honestly probably the most under-utilized technique in hockey, and Grigorenko seems to be a wizard at it.

I'm absolute garbage at ice hockey, but saucer passes was the first thing I worked on getting good at. Helps with my lack of skating and ... everything else
If you think that players in the CHL/NHL aren't gods at doing saucer passes well you are wrong! Doing it in a league where a fraction second too late is fatal, where you only have a fraction of second to hit your teammate that free'd himself from his checker, is why you don't see saucer passes so often. It's because of his incredible vision and hockey mind that Grigorenko is so good at it.

Some guys looks like they have no skills on an NHL rink, but then you see them at practice and they wow you. Only elite talent can do such things in that high level of play.

domdo345 is offline  
Old
11-07-2012, 10:51 AM
  #428
Dubi Doo
Registered User
 
Dubi Doo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,464
vCash: 2225
Quote:
Originally Posted by domdo345 View Post
If you think that players in the CHL/NHL aren't gods at doing saucer passes well you are wrong! Doing it in a league where a fraction second too late is fatal, where you only have a fraction of second to hit your teammate that free'd himself from his checker, is why you don't see saucer passes so often. It's because of his incredible vision and hockey mind that Grigorenko is so good at it.

Some guys looks like they have no skills on an NHL rink, but then you see them at practice and they wow you. Only elite talent can do such things in that high level of play.
This.

Grigs passing and vision is insane. Probably the best from this draft class. His shot is pretty nasty,too. That snap shot he took that hit the post had some whip on it.

I hope he reaches his potential. He could be a very good player.

Dubi Doo is offline  
Old
11-07-2012, 11:43 AM
  #429
Tarasenko
UNREGISTERED USER
 
Tarasenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: uriname
Posts: 1,091
vCash: 500
Grigo can dominate a game like nobody else can do, but he can decide to stay in his bed for the game and you won't even notice he played a game. That is what I'm afraid of.

Tarasenko is offline  
Old
11-07-2012, 11:49 AM
  #430
Dubi Doo
Registered User
 
Dubi Doo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,464
vCash: 2225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grigorenko View Post
Grigo can dominate a game like nobody else can do, but he can decide to stay in his bed for the game and you won't even notice he played a game. That is what I'm afraid of.
Players like him always seem to have a high boom/bust label.

Dubi Doo is offline  
Old
11-07-2012, 11:54 AM
  #431
HockeyGuruPitka
Registered User
 
HockeyGuruPitka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,032
vCash: 500
He looke fantastic against team QMJHL. His patience with the puck, and hockey sense seemed to be the best on the ice.

He looks to be a steal.

Only pottential criticims would be that his explosiveness is somewhat non existent. He worked the corners well, however we will see what hes like when he plays against men.

HockeyGuruPitka is offline  
Old
11-07-2012, 12:02 PM
  #432
Security Guard Chang*
Chang's Army
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Greendale
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,853
vCash: 500
Even when Grigs isnt dominating , hes always making all the right plays, hes a master at slowing the play down.

Security Guard Chang* is offline  
Old
11-07-2012, 12:07 PM
  #433
Tarasenko
UNREGISTERED USER
 
Tarasenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: uriname
Posts: 1,091
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Security Guard Chang View Post
Even when Grigs isnt dominating , hes always making all the right plays, hes a master at slowing the play down.
I cannot agree more.

Tarasenko is offline  
Old
11-07-2012, 08:50 PM
  #434
captaincaptain
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 64
vCash: 500
Absolutely invisible tonight

captaincaptain is offline  
Old
11-07-2012, 08:53 PM
  #435
conway902
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 536
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincaptain View Post
Absolutely invisible tonight
Invisible 5/6 times Iv seen him play

conway902 is offline  
Old
11-07-2012, 08:58 PM
  #436
Moskau
Registered User
 
Moskau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Western New York
Posts: 9,846
vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincaptain View Post
Absolutely invisible tonight
As was all of team Russia. But unlike some offensive players who don't show up he still plays defense and isn't a total idiot with the puck.

Moskau is offline  
Old
11-07-2012, 08:59 PM
  #437
1972
Registered User
 
1972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,013
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by conway902 View Post
Invisible 5/6 times Iv seen him play
pretty small sample size, and who on Russia wasent invisable ? I get a feeling you dont watch the game very closely. He still makes good plays away from the puck and makes good defensive reads. But that will go unnoticed to fans who just look at points.

1972 is offline  
Old
11-07-2012, 09:02 PM
  #438
Hockeysemin
Registered User
 
Hockeysemin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,052
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincaptain View Post
Absolutely invisible tonight
That Mackinnon kid was absolutely invisible the first game, well exept when he lost the puck and russia scored... Everyone have bad games, and everyone in Russia was bad today. Its sad to see how much hate Grigorenko gets on this forum

Hockeysemin is offline  
Old
11-07-2012, 09:07 PM
  #439
conway902
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 536
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
pretty small sample size, and who on Russia wasent invisable ? I get a feeling you dont watch the game very closely. He still makes good plays away from the puck and makes good defensive reads. But that will go unnoticed to fans who just look at points.
In all honesty you cant get a good idea of a player watching on TV but the first 2 times I watched him was live I was watching him like a hawk as I wanted the leafs to draft him.

conway902 is offline  
Old
11-07-2012, 09:10 PM
  #440
1972
Registered User
 
1972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,013
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by conway902 View Post
In all honesty you cant get a good idea of a player watching on TV but the first 2 times I watched him was live I was watching him like a hawk as I wanted the leafs to draft him.
was that against Halifax in the playoffs by a chance?

I wouldnt put to much stock in what junior players are doing until the world juniors.

I have a feeling that Grigorenko is bored of playing junior like Couturier was.

Its was a poor game by Grigorenko I would agree but the hate is getting tiresome.

1972 is offline  
Old
11-07-2012, 09:10 PM
  #441
conway902
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 536
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulle View Post
That Mackinnon kid was absolutely invisible the first game, well exept when he lost the puck and russia scored... Everyone have bad games, and everyone in Russia was bad today. Its sad to see how much hate Grigorenko gets on this forum
Its the Kovalev playing style people hate. All the skill in the world but no drive behind it.

conway902 is offline  
Old
11-07-2012, 09:11 PM
  #442
conway902
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 536
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
was that against Halifax in the playoffs by a chance?

Its was a poor game by Grigorenko I would agree but the hate is getting tiresome.
4 times in Halifax, 2 with mono???

conway902 is offline  
Old
11-07-2012, 09:11 PM
  #443
Moskau
Registered User
 
Moskau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Western New York
Posts: 9,846
vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by conway902 View Post
In all honesty you cant get a good idea of a player watching on TV but the first 2 times I watched him was live I was watching him like a hawk as I wanted the leafs to draft him.
How many turnovers did he have? How was his back checking? Because outside of Crosby I can't think of many high skilled players who show up to every hockey game. For the most part all you can hope for in a game like tonight is if Grigorenko doesn't show up on the scoreboard that he doesn't play like an idiot in other areas.

Moskau is offline  
Old
11-07-2012, 09:14 PM
  #444
1972
Registered User
 
1972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,013
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by conway902 View Post
4 times in Halifax, 2 with mono???
Thats an incredibly small sample size, I dont see the lack of compete issues.

Look at most big centers in the NHL and find me a few who have never been accused of compete levels

1972 is offline  
Old
11-07-2012, 09:15 PM
  #445
conway902
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 536
vCash: 500
I was talking to him down town after the Canada Russia game. They had just lost the series but he was nice enough to get a picture taken with me even when I had my team Canada jersey on.

conway902 is offline  
Old
11-07-2012, 09:19 PM
  #446
conway902
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 536
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
Thats an incredibly small sample size, we wont know how grigorenko is until he makes the Sabres and has to compete.
Very small sample size I know he is a better player than I have seen but its just odd to see a guy that is so good have 4/5 invisible games.

conway902 is offline  
Old
11-07-2012, 09:23 PM
  #447
SergeConstantin74
Always right.
 
SergeConstantin74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,729
vCash: 500
To many people, when Grigorenko doesn't have points, he's invisible. At least it means he doesn't create turnovers because creating turnovers makes you visible!

The word invisible means you don't touch the puck and do nothing. We probably didn't see the same game because I saw him playing well defensively and create some things, it just didn't work out like Monday.

SergeConstantin74 is online now  
Old
11-07-2012, 09:33 PM
  #448
JayKing
Go Habs Go
 
JayKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,586
vCash: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
To many people, when Grigorenko doesn't have points, he's invisible. At least it means he doesn't create turnovers because creating turnovers makes you visible!

The word invisible means you don't touch the puck and do nothing. We probably didn't see the same game because I saw him playing well defensively and create some things, it just didn't work out like Monday.
He waan't as bad as people claim he was, but I'm almost tempted to say that saying he was playing well defensivly is an overstatement. He wasn't bad, but not good especially in transition from the opponents side to his own end. It's not his game style though.

JayKing is offline  
Old
11-07-2012, 09:41 PM
  #449
RJQuack
Registered User
 
RJQuack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post

I have a feeling that Grigorenko is bored of playing junior like Couturier was.
could be. Look at Huberdeau in SJ, he hates it.... I haven't been too impressed with Grigs, but he has the size and incredible vision to make Buffalo... Maybe he's anxious or wants to move on, especially when he signed an ELC and would be in Buffalo now...

RJQuack is offline  
Old
11-07-2012, 09:47 PM
  #450
SergeConstantin74
Always right.
 
SergeConstantin74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,729
vCash: 500
Was MacKinnon bored last game? Because he sured looked like it.

Stop trying to find 892894978 reasons. QMJHL played well tonight and Russia didn't.

Just like Monday people over reacted on MacKinnon, tonight they putting too much thought into Grigorenko's game.

SergeConstantin74 is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:39 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.