HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

C Mikhail Grigorenko - Quebec Remparts, QMJHL (2012 draft) III

Closed Thread

Old
11-07-2012, 09:35 AM
Dangles McGavin
RIP Lounge

vCash: 500
I never understood why more players don't master the saucer pass. It's honestly probably the most under-utilized technique in hockey, and Grigorenko seems to be a wizard at it.

I'm absolute garbage at ice hockey, but saucer passes was the first thing I worked on getting good at. Helps with my lack of skating and ... everything else

Old
11-07-2012, 09:47 AM
domdo345

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangles McGavin View Post
I never understood why more players don't master the saucer pass. It's honestly probably the most under-utilized technique in hockey, and Grigorenko seems to be a wizard at it.

I'm absolute garbage at ice hockey, but saucer passes was the first thing I worked on getting good at. Helps with my lack of skating and ... everything else
If you think that players in the CHL/NHL aren't gods at doing saucer passes well you are wrong! Doing it in a league where a fraction second too late is fatal, where you only have a fraction of second to hit your teammate that free'd himself from his checker, is why you don't see saucer passes so often. It's because of his incredible vision and hockey mind that Grigorenko is so good at it.

Some guys looks like they have no skills on an NHL rink, but then you see them at practice and they wow you. Only elite talent can do such things in that high level of play.

Old
11-07-2012, 10:51 AM
Dubi Doo

vCash: 2225
Quote:
Originally Posted by domdo345 View Post
If you think that players in the CHL/NHL aren't gods at doing saucer passes well you are wrong! Doing it in a league where a fraction second too late is fatal, where you only have a fraction of second to hit your teammate that free'd himself from his checker, is why you don't see saucer passes so often. It's because of his incredible vision and hockey mind that Grigorenko is so good at it.

Some guys looks like they have no skills on an NHL rink, but then you see them at practice and they wow you. Only elite talent can do such things in that high level of play.
This.

Grigs passing and vision is insane. Probably the best from this draft class. His shot is pretty nasty,too. That snap shot he took that hit the post had some whip on it.

I hope he reaches his potential. He could be a very good player.

Old
11-07-2012, 11:43 AM
Tarasenko
UNREGISTERED USER

Grigo can dominate a game like nobody else can do, but he can decide to stay in his bed for the game and you won't even notice he played a game. That is what I'm afraid of.

Old
11-07-2012, 11:49 AM
Dubi Doo

vCash: 2225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grigorenko View Post
Grigo can dominate a game like nobody else can do, but he can decide to stay in his bed for the game and you won't even notice he played a game. That is what I'm afraid of.
Players like him always seem to have a high boom/bust label.

Old
11-07-2012, 11:54 AM
HockeyGuruPitka

He looke fantastic against team QMJHL. His patience with the puck, and hockey sense seemed to be the best on the ice.

He looks to be a steal.

Only pottential criticims would be that his explosiveness is somewhat non existent. He worked the corners well, however we will see what hes like when he plays against men.

Old
11-07-2012, 12:02 PM
Security Guard Chang*
Chang's Army

Even when Grigs isnt dominating , hes always making all the right plays, hes a master at slowing the play down.

Old
11-07-2012, 12:07 PM
Tarasenko
UNREGISTERED USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Security Guard Chang View Post
Even when Grigs isnt dominating , hes always making all the right plays, hes a master at slowing the play down.
I cannot agree more.

Old
11-07-2012, 08:50 PM
captaincaptain

Absolutely invisible tonight

Old
11-07-2012, 08:53 PM
conway902

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincaptain View Post
Invisible 5/6 times Iv seen him play

Old
11-07-2012, 08:58 PM
Moskau

vCash: 100
Quote:
As was all of team Russia. But unlike some offensive players who don't show up he still plays defense and isn't a total idiot with the puck.

Old
11-07-2012, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conway902 View Post
Invisible 5/6 times Iv seen him play
pretty small sample size, and who on Russia wasent invisable ? I get a feeling you dont watch the game very closely. He still makes good plays away from the puck and makes good defensive reads. But that will go unnoticed to fans who just look at points.

Old
11-07-2012, 09:02 PM
Hockeysemin

Quote:
That Mackinnon kid was absolutely invisible the first game, well exept when he lost the puck and russia scored... Everyone have bad games, and everyone in Russia was bad today. Its sad to see how much hate Grigorenko gets on this forum

Old
11-07-2012, 09:07 PM
conway902

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
pretty small sample size, and who on Russia wasent invisable ? I get a feeling you dont watch the game very closely. He still makes good plays away from the puck and makes good defensive reads. But that will go unnoticed to fans who just look at points.
In all honesty you cant get a good idea of a player watching on TV but the first 2 times I watched him was live I was watching him like a hawk as I wanted the leafs to draft him.

Old
11-07-2012, 09:10 PM

Quote:
In all honesty you cant get a good idea of a player watching on TV but the first 2 times I watched him was live I was watching him like a hawk as I wanted the leafs to draft him.
was that against Halifax in the playoffs by a chance?

I wouldnt put to much stock in what junior players are doing until the world juniors.

I have a feeling that Grigorenko is bored of playing junior like Couturier was.

Its was a poor game by Grigorenko I would agree but the hate is getting tiresome.

Old
11-07-2012, 09:10 PM
conway902

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulle View Post
That Mackinnon kid was absolutely invisible the first game, well exept when he lost the puck and russia scored... Everyone have bad games, and everyone in Russia was bad today. Its sad to see how much hate Grigorenko gets on this forum
Its the Kovalev playing style people hate. All the skill in the world but no drive behind it.

Old
11-07-2012, 09:11 PM
conway902

Quote:
was that against Halifax in the playoffs by a chance?

Its was a poor game by Grigorenko I would agree but the hate is getting tiresome.
4 times in Halifax, 2 with mono???

Old
11-07-2012, 09:11 PM
Moskau

vCash: 100
Quote:
How many turnovers did he have? How was his back checking? Because outside of Crosby I can't think of many high skilled players who show up to every hockey game. For the most part all you can hope for in a game like tonight is if Grigorenko doesn't show up on the scoreboard that he doesn't play like an idiot in other areas.

Old
11-07-2012, 09:14 PM

Quote:
4 times in Halifax, 2 with mono???
Thats an incredibly small sample size, I dont see the lack of compete issues.

Look at most big centers in the NHL and find me a few who have never been accused of compete levels

Old
11-07-2012, 09:15 PM
conway902

I was talking to him down town after the Canada Russia game. They had just lost the series but he was nice enough to get a picture taken with me even when I had my team Canada jersey on.

Old
11-07-2012, 09:19 PM
conway902

Quote:
Thats an incredibly small sample size, we wont know how grigorenko is until he makes the Sabres and has to compete.
Very small sample size I know he is a better player than I have seen but its just odd to see a guy that is so good have 4/5 invisible games.

Old
11-07-2012, 09:23 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

To many people, when Grigorenko doesn't have points, he's invisible. At least it means he doesn't create turnovers because creating turnovers makes you visible!

The word invisible means you don't touch the puck and do nothing. We probably didn't see the same game because I saw him playing well defensively and create some things, it just didn't work out like Monday.

Old
11-07-2012, 09:33 PM
JayKing
Go Habs Go

vCash: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
To many people, when Grigorenko doesn't have points, he's invisible. At least it means he doesn't create turnovers because creating turnovers makes you visible!

The word invisible means you don't touch the puck and do nothing. We probably didn't see the same game because I saw him playing well defensively and create some things, it just didn't work out like Monday.
He waan't as bad as people claim he was, but I'm almost tempted to say that saying he was playing well defensivly is an overstatement. He wasn't bad, but not good especially in transition from the opponents side to his own end. It's not his game style though.

Old
11-07-2012, 09:41 PM
RJQuack

Quote:

I have a feeling that Grigorenko is bored of playing junior like Couturier was.
could be. Look at Huberdeau in SJ, he hates it.... I haven't been too impressed with Grigs, but he has the size and incredible vision to make Buffalo... Maybe he's anxious or wants to move on, especially when he signed an ELC and would be in Buffalo now...

Old
11-07-2012, 09:47 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Was MacKinnon bored last game? Because he sured looked like it.

Stop trying to find 892894978 reasons. QMJHL played well tonight and Russia didn't.

Just like Monday people over reacted on MacKinnon, tonight they putting too much thought into Grigorenko's game.

Closed Thread