HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edm-phx

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-07-2012, 12:44 PM
  #76
Rabbit
Captain Cook
 
Rabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South Bay California
Country: United States
Posts: 4,288
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSimpson18 View Post
No, its not. Lidstrom was much better.
Ray Whitney would put up more numbers in a season though??

See? That's exactly what im talking about. Anybody throwing the fact that "Yakupov is tearing up the KHL" or "aready has x amount of points" has an invalid argument. You just helped me prove that.

Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 02:02 PM
  #77
CSimpson18
Registered User
 
CSimpson18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,236
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
Ray Whitney would put up more numbers in a season though??

See? That's exactly what im talking about. Anybody throwing the fact that "Yakupov is tearing up the KHL" or "aready has x amount of points" has an invalid argument. You just helped me prove that.
How did I help your argument? I chose the elite defenseman over the good forward. The elite player, whatever the position, wins. Your last line is a strawman. I think you may have lost sight of your own position in this.

edit - I'm not sure, but it seems like you just equated Yak to Whitney and GORMLEY TO LIDSTROM?

CSimpson18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 05:37 PM
  #78
SDig14
Registered User
 
SDig14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,568
vCash: 500
All I can say for certain is the Oilers are not trading Yakupov.

Judging by this thread, the Yotes are not trading Yandle.

/thread.

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 07:55 PM
  #79
Rabbit
Captain Cook
 
Rabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South Bay California
Country: United States
Posts: 4,288
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSimpson18 View Post
How did I help your argument? I chose the elite defenseman over the good forward. The elite player, whatever the position, wins. Your last line is a strawman. I think you may have lost sight of your own position in this.

edit - I'm not sure, but it seems like you just equated Yak to Whitney and GORMLEY TO LIDSTROM?
You're somethin else, brotha.

It was a comparison by situation, not comparison by talent. You're way too lost in this i don't even know where to start with you. We're probably both just hard headed people not willing to accept each other's opinion, so let's just agree to disagree.

Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 10:19 PM
  #80
glenbuis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 733
vCash: 500
keep gagner and hemsky but if its for yakupov phoenix should add a second

glenbuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 10:46 PM
  #81
SDig14
Registered User
 
SDig14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,568
vCash: 500
Can some Yotes fans comment on the availability of Yandle please?

Other than OEL emerging as a great young player, is there any actual interest from management to trade Yandle or is it just truth less speculation from people?

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 10:51 PM
  #82
ManByng
Moroz fan
 
ManByng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: St. Albert, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,535
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
Can some Yotes fans comment on the availability of Yandle please?

Other than OEL emerging as a great young player, is there any actual interest from management to trade Yandle or is it just truth less speculation from people?
it does make you wonder? considering they are both so valuable to the team, seems Yotes fans are trying to trade Hanzal and Yandle a lot these days!

ManByng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 10:54 PM
  #83
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 41,742
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
Can some Yotes fans comment on the availability of Yandle please?

Other than OEL emerging as a great young player, is there any actual interest from management to trade Yandle or is it just truth less speculation from people?
In my opinion, he's not available. OEL is amazing. So is Yandle. Most teams want two of these guys. Gormley is a fantastic PROSPECT. So is Rundblad. They are prospects. Not nhl players. If they ever become amazing NHL players, maybe Yandle will be available. Until that day, there is absolutley no reason whatsoever to trade him. Ask again if Rundblad or Gormley are getting twenty plus minutes a game in a couple of seasons.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 10:58 PM
  #84
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 41,742
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManByng View Post
it does make you wonder? considering they are both so valuable to the team, seems Yotes fans are trying to trade Hanzal and Yandle a lot these days!
I've seen one single Coyotes fan made trade proposal on this forum in the last eighteen months. One. That proposal, in fairness, included Nail Yakupov, AND Brandon Sutter coming to Phoenix.

If you can find another post, less than eighteen months old, in which a Coyotes fan suggests trading Martin Hanzal, please do.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 03:38 AM
  #85
CC96
Serious Offender
 
CC96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Mesa, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 11,275
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
Can some Yotes fans comment on the availability of Yandle please?

Other than OEL emerging as a great young player, is there any actual interest from management to trade Yandle or is it just truth less speculation from people?
It was rumored Yandle was available at the deadline for the right price, it could just be speculation but here is a quote from an AZ sports article a few months back that supports the rumor

Maloney acknowledged at the draft that the team is willing to listen to calls on Yandle but said nothing is "imminent," adding that "one of the calls of him gave us something to mull."

CC96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 03:41 AM
  #86
CC96
Serious Offender
 
CC96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Mesa, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 11,275
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Coyote 96 View Post
It was rumored Yandle was available at the deadline for the right price, it could just be speculation but here is a quote from an AZ sports article a few months back that supports the rumor

Maloney acknowledged at the draft that the team is willing to listen to calls on Yandle but said nothing is "imminent," adding that "one of the calls of him gave us something to mull."
If the Coyotes are going to trade Yandle, Maloney probably won't do it for anything less than a massive overpayment. Here's a link to the article about Yandle's rumored availability though

http://www.foxsportsarizona.com/06/2...blockID=751248

CC96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2012, 12:47 PM
  #87
DesertDawg
Registered User
 
DesertDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Superstition Mts
Posts: 4,627
vCash: 500
I believe the offer was for Jordan Staal. If a #1 center isn't coming back, then I can't see the Coyotes trading Yandle at this time! Maybe in the future if some of the prospects step up...

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:16 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.