HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Titans\Vols\Dores\Whatever other sport thread(IT ALL GOES HERE) Part II

Closed Thread

Old
10-28-2012, 03:19 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

vCash: 500
There goes the Titanics season ... Hey NHL, get off your ****ing ***** and get a CBA done ... I'm tired of having no other options on the TV during the Fall/Winter

Old
10-28-2012, 04:42 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarding Assets View Post
There goes the Titanics season ... Hey NHL, get off your ****ing ***** and get a CBA done ... I'm tired of having no other options on the TV during the Fall/Winter
They could still salvage a respectable mark, but they have to keep their defense off the field and sustain some drives. They need a good power back to complement CJ and give him more designed toss and sweep plays to get him outside and into the second level. That's when he was most effective today, and how he got 4.7 YPC.

There are plenty of sporting options with basketball season coming up, football season in full swing, plus the MLS Cup playoffs and European soccer pretty much daily. There's KHL hockey on ESPN, and if you're desperate to kill an afternoon, there will be A TON of Test cricket between now and year's end, and Sri Lanka and New Zealand kick it all off with a 5 ODI series.

Old
10-28-2012, 07:22 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
As much as I despise the Cowboys I almost feel sorry for Dez Bryant tonite

Old
10-28-2012, 07:49 PM
Jonesey
KCCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
As much as I despise the Cowboys I almost feel sorry for Dez Bryant tonite
that was 9.5 points his finger cost me.

Old
10-28-2012, 09:00 PM
Legionnaire11

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
They could still salvage a respectable mark, but they have to keep their defense off the field and sustain some drives. They need a good power back to complement CJ and give him more designed toss and sweep plays to get him outside and into the second level. That's when he was most effective today, and how he got 4.7 YPC.
They have Jamie Harper who has played the role of Lendale White pretty well when they give him carries... but he's only got 10 carries all season.

Palmer's misuse of Harper is bad, his misuse of Jared Cook is criminal. I realize that Cook is the second leading receiver in both yards and receptions, but he should be the leader in receptions by a long shot. He's too strong of a weapon to not be the focus of the passing game.

I don't even know where to start with the defense. There's talent there, I figured the corners would be the weak spot heading into the season but they've been okay. The linebackers are very good when McCarthy is on the field, but when he was injured they struggled. The real area of concern is the d-line, they had some good pressure today with some sacks and passes knocked down, but most of the season they've been pretty bad.

And just like Palmer on offense, Jerry Gray makes some poor decisions. Today for example, in the final minutes the Titans punt and pin the Colts at the 5 yard line. It gets down to 3rd and 5, stop them there and you're looking at returning a punt from about the 40-50 and a good chance to throw a few moderate passes and be in good FG range... but on that 3rd and 5 play, the pass coverage was WAY off the ball, they allowed Avery to catch the ball ahead of the first down marker. Had they pressed the receivers at the line, they might stop him, but if you don't even cover the receiver until he's caught the ball, that's a first down all day... and then it led to the non-fumble call. Don't even put yourself in position for a bad call to affect the game like that.

Then the OT period. The objective is to STOP the other team from going down the field and scoring. Yet the Titans defense gives up 45 yards on 6 straight run plays to freaking Donald Brown? Are you serious? which sets up another weird call on the TD, his helmet hit the Pylon and the ball was on his chest as he was twisting away from the endzone, to me the ball never crossed the goal line, I don't know what they reviewed but it actually looked really clear to me that the ball didn't cross. I'm sure they would have scored anyway since the Titans run defense couldn't stop the short yardage situations all day.

They can finish respectable, but really 5 losses isn't going to get you into the playoffs. Lets get to the by week, get Locker healthy again and hopefully Munchak is re-evaluating his coordinators in the off-season.

Old
10-28-2012, 10:10 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
I don't even know where to start with the defense. There's talent there, I figured the corners would be the weak spot heading into the season but they've been okay. The linebackers are very good when McCarthy is on the field, but when he was injured they struggled. The real area of concern is the d-line, they had some good pressure today with some sacks and passes knocked down, but most of the season they've been pretty bad.
I think it boils down to the offense's ability to execute and control the tempo of the game. The San Diego game is a prime example. This offense doesn't run a lot of plays and it doesn't put together a lot of long drives. When your defense is on the field for a long time, they wear out and get carved up by a competent quarterback.

I know the college game is different, but the TSO this year us exactly what I'm talking about. Alabama wore out UT's defense with a powerful, physical running attack and long drives deep into Tennessee territory. UT couldn't do that and started giving up score after score by attrition if nothing else.

The Titans either don't have or don't use a powerful inside runner like that, and that makes it difficult to move the sticks and establish the offense. It's worth a shot; if Johnson won't hit the holes with conviction, get a big, strong fella who will plow through the line and carry an LB with him for a few extra yards.

Old
10-29-2012, 12:01 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:

There are plenty of sporting options with basketball season coming up, football season in full swing, plus the MLS Cup playoffs and European soccer pretty much daily. There's KHL hockey on ESPN, and if you're desperate to kill an afternoon, there will be A TON of Test cricket between now and year's end, and Sri Lanka and New Zealand kick it all off with a 5 ODI series.
The only time I watch ESPN is when Notre Dame is on ... other than that **** ESPN ... yeah I'd much rather watch paint dry than Boresketball ... Not supporting NHLers that are playing in Europe/KHL ... Soccer it is

Old
10-29-2012, 12:04 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

You don't say ... Jared Cook says **** this ****, trade me

Old
10-29-2012, 03:34 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:
Colts are an embarssment to professional sports they tanked last season just to get Luck. NFL needs a draft lottery.

Old
10-29-2012, 07:15 PM
Legionnaire11

Quote:
He should want out. It's completely bad that the Titans don't set up the offense around Cook, and i'd be pissed if I were him when he's playing less than half the snaps and targeted far less frequently. Chris Palmer should be canned, and i'm wondering about Munchak for allowing something like this to happen.

Last edited by TP: 10-30-2012 at 07:38 AM. Reason: mod
Old
11-04-2012, 01:21 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Tennessee Titans 2012: A Comedy of Errors presented in 16 Acts.

Old
11-04-2012, 01:37 PM
Legionnaire11

Quote:
Tennessee Titans 2012: A Comedy of Errors presented in 16 Acts.
no kidding. I don't know if this or the Patriots game was more embarrassing, depends on if they hold the Bears under 50... How did this team win a single game? I'm sure they'll win a few more and draft outside of the top 10, which really doesn't matter because they've gotten the least out of their first round picks over the last 10 years.

Old
11-04-2012, 08:43 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
no kidding. I don't know if this or the Patriots game was more embarrassing, depends on if they hold the Bears under 50... How did this team win a single game? I'm sure they'll win a few more and draft outside of the top 10, which really doesn't matter because they've gotten the least out of their first round picks over the last 10 years.
I'm not exactly a regular NFL fan, but last I checked that particular title belonged to Cleveland.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
11-07-2012, 01:47 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
I despise the IU Hoosiers but the NCAA infractions people are just morons

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...s-miss-9-games

in summary, an AAU coach was considered an Indiana booster becase he gave a total of $185 to IU 15 years ago... and so two recruits have to sit out 9 games...

Old
11-07-2012, 05:36 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:

in summary, an AAU coach was considered an Indiana booster becase he gave a total of $185 to IU 15 years ago... and so two recruits have to sit out 9 games...
It was actually $185 over six years, with the last contributions given in 1992, twenty years ago. The best part? The "donations" were made by his wife, and were for bumper stickers.

This is why we have the term "spirit of the law."

Old
11-08-2012, 09:12 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...ball/20870184/

Hey Dolley we found you your RB...LOL

Old
11-08-2012, 08:30 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Anyone who isn't watching the second leg of New York-DC right now, I feel sorry for you. This game is completely insane.

Old
11-09-2012, 12:57 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Anyone who isn't watching the second leg of New York-DC right now, I feel sorry for you. This game is completely insane.
I was sleeping

Old
11-09-2012, 12:57 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:

I agree. I hate the Loosiers but that is stupid.

Old
11-09-2012, 01:13 AM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Quote:
Watched the end of it and then watched the Sounders and RSL. Martinez's goal was ridiculous for the Sounders.

Old
11-09-2012, 02:57 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Blake Geoffrion is tied for 1st on the Bulldogs for pts.

Old
11-09-2012, 09:57 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Lakers fire their coach after 6% of the season, most of which were played without his starting point guard.

Does the world ever have a day go by where some high-profile person or organization doesn't do something stupid?

Old
11-10-2012, 06:18 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

The Tide rolls to a halt... that could be the end of the SEC dynasty.

Old
11-10-2012, 06:28 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
The Tide rolls to a halt... that could be the end of the SEC dynasty.
And seeing as though we also follow the Aggies up here (my brother-in-law and his relatives are lifelong A&M fans in the same manner that me and mine follow the Buckeyes), we couldn't be happier.

GIG 'EM!

Old
11-11-2012, 10:31 AM
token grinder

will be interesting to see where they fall. you know at least to 4. do they fall behind Georgia, who has a bad loss to what was then a higher ranked team than A&M was? Do they fall behind Florida, whose lone loss is to the Georgia team right above, but has had 2 terrible weeks. Do they even fall behind the LSU team they beat last week?

I do not think it matters if they end up at 4 or 5. I don't think they drop past 5. Would be chaos if my trojans can beat ND and somehow knock off oregon.

Closed Thread