HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

John Tavares

Closed Thread

Old
11-07-2012, 09:36 AM
Jtown

vCash: 500
The value could not be talent for talent, simply because Tavares is the face of the franchise. There would have to be an overpayment.

Stamkos for tavares could work.

Giroux for Tavares? i dont know i dont think the islanders do that

Crosby for tavares? ISlanders do this in a heart beat, but would pitt? It would give them some piece of mind knowing that they dont have to worry about crosbys future. I Think Pitt is at the point where they dont need crosbys star power to sell tickets. WOuld be intresting

Whoever came to the Islanders would have to bring some star power and would have to bring an overpayment. Very few stars in the league right now.

Toews for Tavares? Id do that if im chicago even though toews is so popular in chicago.

Old
11-07-2012, 11:17 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Mother of god people from Vancouver. God plz.

''Extended Edler''

He may never play another game with his current contract... and what makes you think he'll sign an extension with NYI?

What makes you think he'll sign an extension in Vancouver without a NTC? What makes you think Gillis will blindside him and trade him away immediately after?

Please.

Edler is worth a 3rd or 4th round pick.
I find the 'just extend him ' argument, to be laughable.

As if the budget concious, bottom feeding Isles, are an attractive destination for ufas and extending Edler would be no problem

Old
11-07-2012, 11:26 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Look, I don't see what's so hard to understand. Teams in the past have payed a lot for pending UFAs, as they believe they can re-sign them. Correct?

If the NYI feel they can re-sign him, they will value him similarly. And it's about as likely that the NYI can re-sign him as it is that players will waive their NTC. As in both cases it simply means the player is willing to be with the team.

According to your logic, no team would ever give up top prospects/1sts/whatevers at the deadline, when obviously it does happen.
Considering that Snow has NOT dealt a top prospect, 1st rounder or top young nhler, for a impending ufa since the 2007 trade deadline, I think it's a good bet that he would not make a major trade for soon to be ufa Edler.

Who cares what other teams have done in the past? Snow, with his budget woes and trouble signing top ufas, doesn't make that type of move imo.

Old
11-07-2012, 12:02 PM
Tyler Myers

Would you take Tyler Myers straight up?

Old
11-07-2012, 12:11 PM
roboninja
EYG

vCash: 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Myers View Post
I don't believe anyone would take Myers for their #1 player. I'm seriously trying to think of a team that would and am drawing a blank.

Old
11-07-2012, 12:14 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Myers View Post
No.

In 3 yrs, when the Isles are moving to Brooklyn and trying to sell those 100 luxury suites, 25 yr old Tavares will be the face of the franchise that they build their tix sales push around.

I think we will see lesser forwards like Moulson/Okposo + top prospects like Strome/Reinhart moved, before Tavares is, to bring in an impact player.

Old
11-07-2012, 12:31 PM
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister

vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Considering that Snow has NOT dealt a top prospect, 1st rounder or top young nhler, for a impending ufa since the 2007 trade deadline, I think it's a good bet that he would not make a major trade for soon to be ufa Edler.

Who cares what other teams have done in the past? Snow, with his budget woes and trouble signing top ufas, doesn't make that type of move imo.
Although adding a top line centre and starting goaltender on top of that would fast track you into contention. A number 1 centre, number 1 dman, and a starting goaltender would make a huge difference to your team in making them competitive, not to mention I'd be willing to take RDP as a salary dump if necessary. Heck,the new CBA may even allow us to pay up to 3 mil of the salary for players we trade to you.

Old
11-07-2012, 12:42 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Although adding a top line centre and starting goaltender on top of that would fast track you into contention. A number 1 centre, number 1 dman, and a starting goaltender would make a huge difference to your team in making them competitive, not to mention I'd be willing to take RDP as a salary dump if necessary. Heck,the new CBA may even allow us to pay up to 3 mil of the salary for players we trade to you.
Isles already have a top line center in 22 yr old Tavares. You offer a downgrade at that position.

Edler, a ufa in July 2013 holds no value to the nyi, especially during a lockout.

Nabokov is a solid, short term answer in goal, while the isles develop Nilson and Poulin in Bridgeport, along with Koskinen in Europe.

and Isles fans are fine, waiting for DiPietro to either retire for medical reasons or be bought out, at $1.5m per.

According to Wang, he expects renovations at Barclay before 2015. After moving to Brooklyn, the isles will lose 750 regular seats, gain 69 luxury suites and gain revenue sharing for the first time. The isles aren't trading Tavares for salary reasons.

Again. We are more likely to see players like Moulson/Okposo/Strome/Reinhart dealt for an impact player, then Tavares.

Old
11-07-2012, 01:04 PM
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister

vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Isles already have a top line center in 22 yr old Tavares. You offer a downgrade at that position.

Edler, a ufa in July 2013 holds no value to the nyi, especially during a lockout.

Nabokov is a solid, short term answer in goal, while the isles develop Nilson and Poulin in Bridgeport, along with Koskinen in Europe.

and Isles fans are fine, waiting for DiPietro to either retire for medical reasons or be bought out, at $1.5m per.

According to Wang, he expects renovations at Barclay before 2015. After moving to Brooklyn, the isles will lose 750 regular seats, gain 69 luxury suites and gain revenue sharing for the first time. The isles aren't trading Tavares for salary reasons.

Again. We are more likely to see players like Moulson/Okposo/Strome/Reinhart dealt for an impact player, then Tavares.
Again, that's what Vancouver would give up for Tavares. That's all the OP is asking for. If you think it's a terrible offer, then fine. A lot of the other offers are worse. As you said, Tavares isn't bring traded.

But if he had to be traded, that's a pretty solid package.

Old
11-07-2012, 01:18 PM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
LMAO really? when you're going into Brooklyn you wouldn't want the name SIDNEY CROSBY upon entering a new territory? JT, great player but Crosby is a no brainer
Crosby is the best player when HEALTHY. the problem is he has had a tough go with concussions. Granted he did come back and was able to finally take contact but those injuries are tricky.

Plus we are not talking about any ol good player. we are talking about John Tavares who is more than qualified enoughto be the new King of Brooklyn.

His game is still evoving and the sky is the limit. He may never reach Crosby or Malkin status but he can be pretty damn close imo.

His determination and INCREDIBLe work ethic and drive to be the best is what makes him so great and separates him from many others.

His skill is unreal and when he has a weakness in his game he has proven that so far at the pro level that all it takes is 1 summer and the weakness dissapears or even becomes a strenth. example... coming into the NHL out of the Draft his skating and strenth on the puck were questioned and rightfully so. He didnet protect the puck very well and was off balance. In his sophmore year he got much better and was an above average skater, now this past year he was one of the Strongest players in thr NHL on the puck and it was nearly impossible to take the puck away from him.

Hes always three steps ahead of any other player and he anticipates the game better then anyone I have seen in the last 15 years.

I could go on.

Also when creating this thread I just wanted to see what others thought of Tavares because there seems to be a discrepancy among some fans of just how good JT really is.
So I was curious to gage that sentiment now and see where people thought he stood.

Theres no question From any single Isles fan that JT is our leader,Franchise player, futur captain, and the player we want taking the opening faceoff in Brooklyn.

Thank you

Old
11-07-2012, 01:45 PM
tsujimoto74

2 of Ennis/Hodgson/Grigorenko + Armia or maybe Sekera/a D prospect + 1st? I know JT isn't going anywhere, but dang would I love to have him in Buffalo.

Old
11-07-2012, 01:52 PM
Violent By Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
Crosby for tavares? ISlanders do this in a heart beat, but would pitt? It would give them some piece of mind knowing that they dont have to worry about crosbys future. I Think Pitt is at the point where they dont need crosbys star power to sell tickets. WOuld be intresting
If Pitt was worried about Sid's future, they wouldn't have given him a lifetime contract.

In regards to the OP, Isles cannot move Tavares. He is the type of guy you build around and has shown commitment to the franchise, they can't afford to lose him.

Old
11-07-2012, 02:23 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
2 of Ennis/Hodgson/Grigorenko + Armia or maybe Sekera/a D prospect + 1st? I know JT isn't going anywhere, but dang would I love to have him in Buffalo.
Why do the isles prefer the Sabres prospects, over their own glut of unproven youngsters?

Strome/Nino/Nelson/Kabanov/Lee/Cizikas/Ullstrom/Sundstrom/Perrson
Reinhart/Donovan/De Haan/Pokka/Pelech/Mayfield/Pedan

Old
11-07-2012, 03:16 PM
isles31
Poster Excellont

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealisticLeaf55 View Post
Every dollar in my bank account, the rights to the book I want to publish, my girlfriend, my dog, my parents, my job, my hockey card collection. Name it.
not sure what you do for a living, but i like your style...but, its just a bit short for JT

I know this is a hypothetical, but it would take a massive overpayment, to the point the league may say no, to pry JT from the Isles.

Old
11-07-2012, 03:42 PM
RisingSun

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
So a proven 100 points player is someone who did it once in his 11 season career ?
Sorry, what I meant was, the sedin bro's are both proven players and have actually achieved the 100 pt milestone, versus Tavares's claimed potential of achieving 100 pts.

Last edited by RisingSun: 11-07-2012 at 03:52 PM.
Old
11-07-2012, 03:46 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeRadicals View Post
Sorry, what I meant was, the sedin bro's are both proven players and have actually achieved the 100 pt milestone, versus Tavares's claimed potential of achieving 100 pts. If you seriously think John Tavares is worth more than both sedin brothers together, your not a real hockey fan. And this coming from a diehard oilers fan.
Sedins are 33 yrs old.
Tavares is 22 yrs old.

Isles are in a youth movement and moving to Brooklyn in 3 yrs.

Do you think the isles would want the 36 yr old Sedins, to be the heart and soul of their young Brooklyn team or 25 yr old Tavares?

Old
11-07-2012, 03:46 PM
RisingSun

vCash: 50
for me it's:

Hall + PRV for JT

That's the most for would go for, islander most likely don't do it.

Old
11-07-2012, 04:23 PM
Tarasenko
Unregistered User

vCash: 825
Tavares

vs.

Kopitar , Bernier , Voynov , 1st (2013), 1st (2014) , 2nd

NB : I LOVE Tavares.

Old
11-07-2012, 04:38 PM
Kevin27nyi