HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OFFICIAL Rockford IceHogs/Toledo Walleye/Other Prospects Thread 2012-2013

Closed Thread

Old
11-05-2012, 06:53 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

vCash: 500
vasilevski is impressive. i hope we don't come to regret passing on him.

Old
11-05-2012, 07:25 PM
AmishRenegade

Just as I turned the game on, Shalunov snipes one!

Old
11-05-2012, 10:24 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Chris Kuc ‏@ChrisKuc
#Blackhawks prospect Vincent Hinostroza of Bartlett named U.S. player of game in USA's 9-1 win over Canada East in World Junior A Challenge.

Old
11-06-2012, 09:55 AM
Pepin le bref

Went to the Super-Series game last night in Boisbriand, watching Russia vs Québec

Just wan't to say Maxim Shalunov looks very impressive. Decent size, sturdy and explosive skater and well balanced. Simply looked like a well-rounded offensive dynamo. 1 game is a small sample size, but he looked good.

I think you guys have yourself a good top-6 winger in the near futur.

Old
11-06-2012, 11:02 AM
hawksfan50

Shalunov scored a nice goal,also had a great rush blowing by a d-man for a second good scoring chance ..also threw his weight around checking guys along the boards...

Our Q guys--Danault and Fournier did nothing that impressed--but so too for most of the Q team....Danault was used as a 3rd line checking centre and not as a featured "go to" guy ---I still am in doubt about his potential as a top six forwardy...see him more as a bottom 2 line face-off and role guy--so despite him putting up points in the Q on the top line in Victoriaville this year I doubt that translates to an offensive guy at the NHL level ...Fournier did nothing to show he had anything special...was caught deep on a pinch for a russian cheat break-way (Khokhlachev failed to score though) and also fell-down leading to what would have been another good russkie scoring chance but they play was stopped on a penalty call away from that ..point is I saw nothing from Fournier suggesting anything special --they did not even use his alleged offensive skills on most of the Q pp's --certainly from the mid-first on I did not see him get any PP work on the Q first unit..

On the other hand as a poster above said --Vasilevski looked very goodin net --and as that poster said I hope TT pans out because we passed on some very good goalie prospects --Vasilevski and Subban (we'll see him when the Russkies play the "O" ) AND the biggest criticism of the Hawks pipeline is that we have no "GRADE 'A' " goalie prospects coming up the pike...MAYBE the Hawks ought to consider taking a top rated goalie this coming draft-IF they get the chance--though how high SPENCER MARTIN will go (6'2 192 Mississauga Steelheads,OHL--currently 9-1-1 .941 save% 1.90 GAA in 11GP ) remains to be seen...

Old
11-06-2012, 11:12 AM
Sevanston

Listening to Chris Block's most recent podcast about Rockford. He's unhappy with the Hogs' play so far.

http://thethirdmanin.com/2012/11/05/...e-beach-party/

Some talking points:

- They're slow. He thinks that Jayes is one of their fastest skaters, which really says something.

- "Andrew Shaw could play his way off the Blackhawks with his performances so far."

- Stan is out there every night. Quenneville, Smith, and other coaches are there almost every night.

- Pirri has been heating up, shooting a lot more and getting rewarded for it.

- Way too many penalties. Part of that is on the coaching, but also on the players. Some guys on the Icehogs are running wild. Even Kruger has been going a little nuts.

- Smith and Stanton both had great games on Saturday.

- Jayes was playing center this weekend?? Coach Dent claims it was a decision that came down from the Hawks. Barry Smith was running 1 on 1 instruction with Jayes to prep him for playing as a center.

But Chris thinks it makes sense. Jayes' relative lack of a physical game, he'll probably never be the power winger that his size would warrant. Chris likes his hands, his shot, and he's a very positional player that likes to shoot from the middle of the ice. Then Chris has a little daydream about Hayes lining up with Kane on his wing, and imagines that being a really effective line. Of course Jayes has work to do (i.e. skating, which he has already improved since last year) but it's an interesting experiment.

IMO, if Jayes can pick up his skating and his defensive play, then his shot, reach, and positioning could make him effective at center ice even without a rough and tumble physical game, especially with the way he can handle himself around the net. But I still just can't imagine him taking a top six spot over some of our other center prospects like Pirri, McNeill, or Danault.

- Chris also opened up a bit about Salak last year. Basically says a lot of what we already knew, Salak came into camp with a big head, got pissed that he wasn't gifted the Blackhawks' backup spot, and then made everything about his AHL season worse with both his on- and off-ice issues. After one of Salak's on-ice tantrums, even his buddy Olesz (who had formed a two man clique with Salak) got up on the bus after the game, and ripped Salak a new one in front of everyone for disgracing his team and his country. What a headcase.

Last edited by Sevanston: 11-06-2012 at 11:21 AM.
Old
11-06-2012, 12:04 PM
Hawkaholic

After watching the Subway Super series last night, here's my take.

Danault - One of the best Q skaters both defensively and offensively. Always going to the dirty areas without hesitation, and usually winning puck battles. Hit's everything he can, knows how to break out of the defensive zone without icing it or slowing down the transition. His shot isn't overly impressive, and he passed up a great oppurtunity to shoot the puck from the slot. I'm sure he will learn those small things as he get's older though. Easily our best prospect from the game.

Fournier - Didn't notice him much, but did notice a couple of times where he interrupted the Russians from cycling the puck and angled the opposition into the corners on several rushes. They had him on the point on the PP at the begininng of the game, but didn't notice him out there after the 1st. Has a lot of work to do, but could be a decent depth guy if he doesn't improve his offensive game.

Shalunov - didn't notice him much, but had a couple really good plays and has a wicked wrist shot. Reminded me of Jeremy Morin a little bit.

Grigorenko and Yakupov were the best players by far on the ice. No one else on either team looked like they were as NHL ready as those 2.

Old
11-06-2012, 02:46 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
Listening to Chris Block's most recent podcast about Rockford. He's unhappy with the Hogs' play so far.

http://thethirdmanin.com/2012/11/05/...e-beach-party/

Some talking points:

- They're slow. He thinks that Jayes is one of their fastest skaters, which really says something.

- "Andrew Shaw could play his way off the Blackhawks with his performances so far."

- Stan is out there every night. Quenneville, Smith, and other coaches are there almost every night.

- Pirri has been heating up, shooting a lot more and getting rewarded for it.

- Way too many penalties. Part of that is on the coaching, but also on the players. Some guys on the Icehogs are running wild. Even Kruger has been going a little nuts.

- Smith and Stanton both had great games on Saturday.

- Jayes was playing center this weekend?? Coach Dent claims it was a decision that came down from the Hawks. Barry Smith was running 1 on 1 instruction with Jayes to prep him for playing as a center.

But Chris thinks it makes sense. Jayes' relative lack of a physical game, he'll probably never be the power winger that his size would warrant. Chris likes his hands, his shot, and he's a very positional player that likes to shoot from the middle of the ice. Then Chris has a little daydream about Hayes lining up with Kane on his wing, and imagines that being a really effective line. Of course Jayes has work to do (i.e. skating, which he has already improved since last year) but it's an interesting experiment.

IMO, if Jayes can pick up his skating and his defensive play, then his shot, reach, and positioning could make him effective at center ice even without a rough and tumble physical game, especially with the way he can handle himself around the net. But I still just can't imagine him taking a top six spot over some of our other center prospects like Pirri, McNeill, or Danault.

- Chris also opened up a bit about Salak last year. Basically says a lot of what we already knew, Salak came into camp with a big head, got pissed that he wasn't gifted the Blackhawks' backup spot, and then made everything about his AHL season worse with both his on- and off-ice issues. After one of Salak's on-ice tantrums, even his buddy Olesz (who had formed a two man clique with Salak) got up on the bus after the game, and ripped Salak a new one in front of everyone for disgracing his team and his country. What a headcase.

thanks for this

Old
11-06-2012, 06:59 PM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

Shalunov gets little respect even in the RU forums. Dont know if they just dont like the MHL or have little to say about that league since its relatively new.

On a team needing forwards, Shalnuov would probably be among the top tier prospects. The Hawks are fairly deep though plus their history with developing Russian prospects since 2000 is not very good.

Old
11-07-2012, 12:21 AM
azrael111

Here's Saturday's brawl. A little old time hockey.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoIY-Z7OlLs

Old
11-07-2012, 11:29 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle
AHL suspends Rockford's Andrew Shaw for six games. Stems back to leaving the bench to start a fight on the weekend.

Old
11-07-2012, 11:31 AM
Sevanston

@ChrisKuc
AHL Rockford IceHogs' Andrew Shaw suspended 6 games, Dylan Olsen 2 and Wade Brookbank 1 for Nov. 3 altercation vs. Lake Erie. #Blackhawks

Old
11-07-2012, 12:32 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 772
HAHA, just saw the brawl. Shaw FTMFW!

Old
11-07-2012, 02:26 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrael111 View Post
Here's Saturday's brawl. A little old time hockey.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoIY-Z7OlLs
Borderleau trolled three Hogs into suspensions. Shaw looks like a fool.

Lalonde has taken a step up and has proven, so far, that there isnt a difference in talent between him and Leddy,imho.

What can you say about Beach? He has been most impressive as of late.

Saad has played himself off the team. Maybe dominating juniors would be a better avenue for him.

If the season does indeed start, hopefully the Hawks bring up Morin and Beach and leave the rest down in the A where their talent level is more suited to their actual play.

Old
11-07-2012, 02:31 PM
Hawkscap

Quote:
Saad has played himself off the team. Maybe dominating juniors would be a better avenue for him.
HawkFan50?

Old
11-07-2012, 02:32 PM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post

Lalonde has taken a step up and has proven, so far, that there isnt a difference in talent between him and Leddy,imho.

If the season does indeed start, hopefully the Hawks bring up Morin and Beach and leave the rest down in the A where their talent level is more suited to their actual play.
I haven't seen any games yet, but isn't Saad injured?

Old
11-07-2012, 02:37 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorMenT View Post
One of the Hogs coaches was on the radio blasting certain players for lack of conditioning.

Many here who have been to the games and have been to the practices, such as I, have come top the conclusion that Saad is one of those players.

Old
11-07-2012, 02:37 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Quote:
Yeah, that's what I thought. I thought he hurt his hand blocking a shot but then again, Martini is the resident Hogs expert and lives there.

Old
11-07-2012, 02:43 PM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

I live in Rockford too but have been really busy this year so haven't seen any games yet. And from what I read, martinis opinion is always completely the opposite of what everyone else who watches the game says.

Old
11-07-2012, 02:52 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Quote:
I live in Rockford too but have been really busy this year so haven't seen any games yet. And from what I read, martinis opinion is always completely the opposite of what everyone else who watches the game says.
Yeah, I never put the sarcasm tag in but I was being sarcastic. I thought it was an interesting time to take a shot at Saad considering he just turned pro and just got hurt. Let's see how he looks with another 20-30 games and practices under his belt. Also, you have a lot of more experienced guys that are hungry to impress too. He's going to have to adjust to this competition.

Old
11-07-2012, 03:08 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:

and he does it again

SHAW
that's what you do when a stupid elephant jumps your player from behind. You defend him and go after that guy.

Saad is injured and yes, even in Germany we know that he is not able to play hockey at a pro level as of today

Old
11-07-2012, 04:51 PM
Hawkaholic

LOL at Lalonde being equal to Leddy.

..if you didn't take Martinis opinions with a grain of salt before, you do now!

Old
11-07-2012, 05:19 PM
BBSeabs27
#freeseabs

Gotta love the bond all those icehogs have with each other. Would love if the hawks would be able to protect their teammates like this. They can all learn a lesson from Morin and Shaw and even W.Brookbank

Old
11-07-2012, 05:28 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
One of the Hogs coaches was on the radio blasting certain players for lack of conditioning.

Many here who have been to the games and have been to the practices, such as I, have come top the conclusion that Saad is one of those players.
you'll want to be sure to go next wednesday...i see from the website that hot dogs and beer will each be $1. more exciting than watching your high quality stream at home.

Old
11-07-2012, 06:14 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

2 game of the super series is on tonight (it's on sportsnet in canada). danault, fournier, and shanulov are all playing.

Closed Thread