HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, and NHL revenues.

Phoenix LXIV: Will You Still Need Me, Will You Still Read Me, on Thread LXIV?

Closed Thread

Old
11-07-2012, 02:49 PM
checkerdome

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killion View Post
... indeed. Not the greatest Batting Average there Councillor. Ya reckon it was her Hispanic Conspiracy Theories or the news on Monday of $6M being improperly transferred out of the trust to wit she was employed to oversee & Chair?

And what next for Ms.Clark?
An appointment to the PR department of the Yotes?

Old
11-07-2012, 02:49 PM
cbcwpg

vCash: 350
Quote:
Moving outside of Glendale and getting STs for the Suns.

Old
11-07-2012, 02:51 PM
Whileee

Quote:
... indeed. Not the greatest Batting Average there Councillor. Ya reckon it was her Hispanic Conspiracy Theories or the news on Monday of $6M being improperly transferred out of the trust to wit she was supposed to oversee as Chairperson?

"Beasley, Hocking and Clark - Management Consultants"

Old
11-07-2012, 02:57 PM
Evil Doctor
Army Recruit

Quote:

She will become the next Ms. Doan...

Old
11-07-2012, 03:04 PM
Tinalera

"Take the last train to CLARKSville and I'll meet you at the station...."

Old
11-07-2012, 04:35 PM
SaintPatrick33
Conn Smythe Winner

Send a message via Yahoo to SaintPatrick33
Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
No RT the US does not hold the monopoly on politicians that are liars and thieves, I personally think power corrupts regardless of the party or country they are in.
Pretty much, more's the pity.....

Old
11-07-2012, 04:41 PM
aqib

Quote:
... indeed. Not the greatest Batting Average there Councillor. Ya reckon it was her Hispanic Conspiracy Theories or the news on Monday of $6M being improperly transferred out of the trust to wit she was supposed to oversee as Chairperson?

I doubt that the news of the $6 million got to everyone in time to have much impact on the vote on tuesday, especially since she was behind based on the primary results going in anyway. I am willing to bet all the news media was dialed into the presidential race.

As for whats next she may run again in 4 years.

Old
11-07-2012, 04:53 PM
Whileee

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqib View Post
I doubt that the news of the $6 million got to everyone in time to have much impact on the vote on tuesday, especially since she was behind based on the primary results going in anyway. I am willing to bet all the news media was dialed into the presidential race.

As for whats next she may run again in 4 years.
And when she does, we'll probably be here waiting for her in Thread CLXIV: "Return of the Jedi".

Old
11-07-2012, 05:46 PM
Confucius

Am I missing something here? Clarke threw her hat in as a strong Yotes supporter. She garnered 1927 votes for her efforts. If every vote she got came from a Yotes fan, what does that say about the hockey fans in Glendale? Are the rest of the hockey fans snowbirds and as a result had no vote?

Makes no diff. to me if the team moves or stays but that is an awfully small number.

Old
11-07-2012, 05:59 PM
NHLfan4life
Who is PKP???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stix and Stones View Post
Am I missing something here? Clarke threw her hat in as a strong Yotes supporter. She garnered 1927 votes for her efforts. If every vote she got came from a Yotes fan, what does that say about the hockey fans in Glendale? Are the rest of the hockey fans snowbirds and as a result had no vote?

Makes no diff. to me if the team moves or stays but that is an awfully small number.
I seriously doubt one had anything to do with the other. I think that's stretching it quite a bit actually.

Old
11-07-2012, 06:06 PM
Confucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLfan4life View Post
I seriously doubt one had anything to do with the other. I think that's stretching it quite a bit actually.
You think the Yote fans never realized she was such a strong proponent to the cause of keeping their team in Glendale? I would of thought the fans would have contributed to her campaign.

Old
11-07-2012, 06:14 PM
TheLegend
Megathread Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whileee View Post
The inability to withdraw the funds that had been placed in escrow could also have been one of the reasons that the COG started transferring funds illegally, as pointed out in the audit report. Even if the NHL has not taken those funds, they are committed and tied up, so not available to Glendale for other expenses.

My expectation is that if a local sale is completed, the NHL's claim on the $25 million will proceed, if it hasn't been claimed out of escrow already.
I seriously doubt the illegal withdrawals aren't related Whileee. They involved actions by several departments

And the amount in escrow is $20 million, not 25. Remember there was the heated debate in council over the other 5.

btw..... no word back from the reporter yet.

Old
11-07-2012, 06:18 PM
TheLegend
Megathread Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stix and Stones View Post
You think the Yote fans never realized she was such a strong proponent to the cause of keeping their team in Glendale? I would of thought the fans would have contributed to her campaign.
Clark didn't run as a champion of the Coyotes. And there ARE other issues facing Glendale other than Westgate and the hockey team.

Old
11-07-2012, 06:40 PM
Killion
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Doctor View Post
She will become the next Ms. Doan...
... rather doubt that. Rather than a Marriage Certificate Im thinkin more along the possible lines of a Restraining Order. Woman scorned of a "certain age"? Yikeroonee's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinalera View Post
"Take the last train to CLARKSville and I'll meet you at the station...."
Micky Dolenz did a nice job on the lead vocals with that little number huh TL? Some decent 3 & 4 part harmonies too as I recall... so what if its a total rip-off of Paperback Writer by the Beatles? Never did get caught.

Old
11-07-2012, 06:43 PM
SaintPatrick33
Conn Smythe Winner

Send a message via Yahoo to SaintPatrick33
Quote:
Micky Dolenz did a nice job on the lead vocals with that little number huh TL? Some decent 3 & 4 part harmonies too as I recall... so what if its a total rip-off of Paperback Writer by the Beatles? Never did get caught.
Yeah, but the Beatles did their share of "nicking" too.....all the groups did lol

Old
11-07-2012, 06:48 PM
hockeylife9

So Clark stated on Monday that Jamison was in town today to work on the Coyotes deal. Skeete told AZ Republic today he has no meetings set up with Jamison. Is there anyone else Jamison would be negotiating this AMF with?

Old
11-07-2012, 07:01 PM
calmdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylife9 View Post
So Clark stated on Monday that Jamison was in town today to work on the Coyotes deal. Skeete told AZ Republic today he has no meetings set up with Jamison. Is there anyone else Jamison would be negotiating this AMF with?
And Joyce's facebook page not available anymore... It was so funny reading all insanities on her opponent...

I'll miss her!

This is no she was funny to follow...

Old
11-07-2012, 07:07 PM
calmdown

My wonder now is, what will Fallar do now?

I don't want to be OT, they were 2 persons doing a lot in Glendale FOR the deal with GJ, what ever could be the cost for the citizens...

Old
11-07-2012, 07:12 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcwpg View Post
Comments from the new Mayor

http://www.azcentral.com/community/g...line-prog.html

Outgoing Mayor Elaine Scruggs had endorsed Weiers, who has called for a tighter rein on the budget and criticized a proposed Phoenix Coyotes deal that has the city paying millions to the potential buyer of the hockey team.

His message on Tuesday night to the Coyotes and the baseball teams at the city’s spring-training ballpark: “Glendale is not your cash register.”

“We all love the Coyotes and Cactus League but we cannot sacrifice our way of life so they can maintain theirs,” Weiers said.

I always love showmanship after a takeover. You need to mark your territory.

Old
11-07-2012, 07:12 PM
hockeylife9

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdown View Post

And Joyce's facebook page not available anymore... It was so funny reading all insanities on her opponent...

I'll miss her!

This is no she was funny to follow...
To clarify, my original post should've said AZ Central not AZ Republic.
She also deleted her twitter account. That woman is something else.

More comments from Skeete: Jamison could be meeting with arena officials or others but it is not with him and he has only spoken to Jamison by phone on Monday. Says there are disagreements over some deal points but they have not spoken since Monday.

Old
11-07-2012, 07:17 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1350
Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdown View Post
My wonder now is, what will Fallar do now?
My first instinct was to suggest that he'd probably simply pen yet another way out there conspiratorial dissertation, and then I decided to check and it turns out that I was correct...
http://nebulousverbosity.com/?p=2303

Old
11-07-2012, 07:22 PM
calmdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylife9 View Post
To clarify, my original post should've said AZ Central not AZ Republic.
She also deleted her twitter account. That woman is something else.

More comments from Skeete: Jamison could be meeting with arena officials or others but it is not with him and he has only spoken to Jamison by phone on Monday. Says there are disagreements over some deal points but they have not spoken since Monday.
Sorry, I was not commenting your original post, just talking about Joyce Clark and as I said before, if I was a Coyote fan in Glendale I would have vote for her.

Old
11-07-2012, 07:34 PM
Killion
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintPatrick33 View Post
Yeah, but the Beatles did there share...
They all did. Ripped off everyone from "Skiffle" musician Lonnie Donegan to just about every single Mississippi Delta & Chicago Blues Player ever recorded. Trick is not to be caught. Make it your own. Musicians are professional thieves. The more adept you are at it, the more successful.... a good Copyright Lawyer, good to go. Some openly admitting it, from Eric's Burdon & Clapton to Chris Martin of Coldplay. They just dont tell ya exactly who they ripped off. Not hard to figure out if you can play a lick though.

As for your post calmdown... kay, like, honestly, who does that? Has a Facebook Page with over 3000+++ "friends"?. Something warped, distorted, sociopathic about that. I know all of my "friends" here at hf pretty well (enemies as well) communicate with them regularly through PM's & emails. But to have like 3000+++? Youd be busier than a very high class drop dead gorgeous Hooker on Toulouse Street in New Orleans when the Fleet Comes In giving it away for free. Its just more than one mind or body can possibly handle, absorb, deal with properly, professionally. I really dont get it. Social Media has just become far to pervasive & invasive for my liking.

Old
11-07-2012, 07:36 PM
ajmidd12
Know-It-All

vCash: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
My first instinct was to suggest that he'd probably simply pen yet another way out there conspiratorial dissertation, and then I decided to check and it turns out that I was correct...

George Fallar is a sore loser. The guy has **** for brains, plain and simple.

The Coyotes are on life support at this point, their Champion was just defeated, the money isn't there, the tax initiative still applies but if it isn't used for what the proposition suggested it be used for you can bet there will be a backlash.

Can we just move the team already and be done with it!!

Old
11-07-2012, 07:44 PM
calmdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post

Realy him

Closed Thread