HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2012-2013 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 2.0

Closed Thread

Old
11-07-2012, 08:41 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Olympic Champion

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
26 penalty minutes for Bozon including a game misconduct....Suspension ahead?
https://twitter.com/EarlCFJCsports/s...72418395774977

Not good.

Old
11-07-2012, 08:56 AM
zzoo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
3rd straight game without a point for Bozon tonight. 3rd straight loss for the Blazers too.

Nothing to be worried about, they were playing at such a ridiculously dominant level that a correction was coming.
Going from undefeated to 3 consecutive losses ?

Old
11-07-2012, 09:32 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Olympic Champion

Woops, error on my part, they did win their last game before last night, but it was 2-1 in a shootout. 2 of their last 3 have been regulation losses though.

They were due for a slump is what I am saying, especially offensively. They were playing at a level that would make them a historically great team through the first 17 games or so. They are a really good team, but not *that* good.

Hudon playing with Huberdeau tonight.

Stephane Leroux ‏@StephRDSJunior
#SubwaySeries line up #lhjmq Huberdeau-Danault-Hudon, Clapperton-Andrews-Beauvillier, Drouin-MacKinnon-Carrier, Paquette-Dea-Mantha + Henley

Last edited by Marc the Habs Fan: 11-07-2012 at 10:04 AM.
Old
11-07-2012, 10:32 AM
zzoo

Article praising Hudon:
http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hockey...7_accueil_POS4

Old
11-07-2012, 10:33 AM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
That lineup looks a lot better, but the team defense still has to improve if they want to win.

Old
11-07-2012, 10:36 AM
NWT Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
I expect that will result in some time off to reflect on his actions.

They dished out a similar amount of penalties to Oil Kings defender Keegan Lowe who has yet to meet a post-whistle scrum that he did not like. All of this after the final buzzer when the Blazers failed to tie it up in front of Edmonton's net.

Good result for the Oil Kings. They should have had the Blazers in regulation last month in Edmonton but gave up a very late shorthanded goal with just over a minute to go to let Kamloops tie it up and then the Blazers won in the shootout.

The Blazers are back here in Edmonton in the middle of December. That should be a good one.

Old
11-07-2012, 11:06 AM
EveryDay
Habs Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
Thanks for the link!

Hudon is a STEAL! and i love the lines for tonight games!

Old
11-07-2012, 11:15 AM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

Gotta love Hudon. He's a gamer.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Old
11-07-2012, 12:21 PM
Protest the Hero

Excited to see Hudon play with Huberdeau, it's nice to see the coaching staff pretty much agrees with what we all saw the other night. Excited to watch Drouin too, see what all the hype is about.

Old
11-07-2012, 12:31 PM
gusfring

Tyler Graovac, of the Ottawa 67's, (who I wanted the Habs to pick last year in the later rounds) has 18 goals so far this season.

Old
11-07-2012, 01:14 PM
Tim Wallach

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
Tyler Graovac, of the Ottawa 67's, (who I wanted the Habs to pick last year in the later rounds) has 18 goals so far this season.
He does indeed and he has been a bright spot for them. But that team seriously needs to take care of their own end a bit before any of their offensive stats will mean much to me.

And Graovac also might want to throw a loss or two in there so he doesn't win the Cy Young

Old
11-07-2012, 02:00 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
No not really. The people of the Montreal area in Quebec have proven time and time again they won't support a minor league club or a junior team. That's just historical fact... Didn't work in Quebec City either. Why would it work in Laval now? They don't have a facility in place, the owner of the Bulldogs (who is also a part owner of the Habs) doesn't want to leave, and I believe one of the conditions of the new rink in Laval is that it doesn't receive Federal funding if it is occupied by a Junior or Pro team.

Quote from Andlauer (owner of the Bulldogs, part owner of the Habs)

"If the CH isn't on the shoulder patch in two years, so be it. However the Bulldog will remain on the front of the jersey in Hamilton."

I don't see the Habs severing ties with an owner from their organization to bring a team to Quebec - where they've never supported an AHL franchise.

There have been rumors of Bulldogs to Laval since 2008. It's old and just a fantasy of French fans who would like a similar setup to the Leafs organization with regards to proximity to their AHL franchise.
Andlauer gets the chance to put his money where his mouth is by making a bid that gives the Bulldogs priority in Copps Arena,which they should have after all the years the team has brought hockey to Hamilton.As a minor pro team bidding against a Junior team loaded for bear with "Connor McDavid " as ammunition,we will see how that goes in the near future.I hope the Bulldogs stay in Hamilton and the team is only going to get stronger as the Habs get stronger.

Old
11-07-2012, 02:31 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Get ready to watch Drouin boys. He's a beauty.

Old
11-07-2012, 02:52 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
It's going to be a much better game than the last at least from Quebec's point of view.Looking forward to a wide open game with the Russians playing catch up all night.

Old
11-07-2012, 02:53 PM
onice

vCash: 50
Quote:
So you figure he'll win the swim suit competition?

Old
11-07-2012, 03:21 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Homer

Old
11-07-2012, 03:44 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

I didn't get to catch that last game, any major changes in the lineup that can see us coming out on top over the russians?

Old
11-07-2012, 03:45 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I didn't get to catch that last game, any major changes in the lineup that can see us coming out on top over the russians?
Not. A. Chance. They're stacked and the Q can't defend. Only Ouellet.

Old
11-07-2012, 03:47 PM
dcal64

Quote:
Yes, the Russians start someone else in nets instead of Vasilevski

Old
11-07-2012, 03:48 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
Not. A. Chance. They're stacked and the Q can't defend. Only Ouellet.
Damn. I heard that they were pretty outmatched last time and it wasn't pretty.

Guess we gotta hope for a miracle.

Old
11-07-2012, 03:51 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Olympic Champion

Fucale and Brassard are splitting the duties...Fucale is clearly more talented than Marcoux, who did not make a big save all night. That game was closer than the score indicated, goaltending played a major role.

Drouin is a huge add. Getting MacKinnon at center is big too.

But the defence remains a huge issue, no doubt. Ouellet would probably not even crack the team WHL defence.

Old
11-07-2012, 03:54 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Future is Now

Awards:
Quote:
3 Halifax players will have to be the difference IMO. Fucale is playing half the game in nets and hopefully will do a better job than Marcoux, who was a sieve. Plus MacKinnon at centre full-time with Drouin on his wing. If those two work their magic, the Russians could have their hands full.

The Q will still be in tough, but those two changes are the best hope they have for winning, or at least making a closer game of it.

Edit: Just saw on the prospects board that apparently Russia's best line (Grigo, Zykov and Zlobin) isn't even playing. Definitely shifts the odds IMO.

Last edited by hototogisu: 11-07-2012 at 03:59 PM.
Old
11-07-2012, 04:46 PM
That

I finally got around to watching the North Dakota - Boston University game last friday. It was a pretty good game, thought I'd post some of my thoughts on the two Habs prospects playing.

Alright, lets start with Danny Kristo. He had a pretty solid game, he picked up a goal. His goal came off of play in which he shot off the rush but missed high. He slipped away from the defender and kept himself open. The puck eventually came back into the slot and Kristo patiently deked out the goalie and scored. He played the point on the power play, he had a few good passes from that position. He started out the game by shooting a ton. All of Kristo's shots were blocked, so he decided to start passing. He had two very similar plays in which he came down the wing and cut to the slot and spun around to pass the puck to the streaking player down the wing. One might say the passes were very Galchenyuk-esque. I really liked Kristo's ability to shield players from the puck with his body, very impressive. He does a tremendous job at that. He also stole the puck a ton of times and had a few interceptions. With his hands, speed, and smarts, he reminded me a ton of TJ Oshie, without the motor though.

The second Habs prospect on the team Mark MacMillan, was also impressive. Right of the bat I noticed how hard he hustled. Every shift he constantly skating and forechecking hard. MacMillan has some slick hands too, he showed them on some very nice rushes. He played on the PK, more specifically he played on a 5 on 3 and did a good job tying a man up in front of the net. By the time the second rolled around he seemed pretty tired, but still skated hard. Similar to Kristo, he steals the puck a ton. I noticed that over the course of the game he was involved in two board battles that were blown dead due to the play being stopped. Not sure what it means, but it's interesting. MacMillan turned it up in the third. He picked up the puck around the red line and deked a player out, then he drove straight to the net using his impressive speed. It was nice powerforward move. He also had a fantastic shift in which protected the puck well and threw it on net. He then picked the puck along the blue line just before it came over the line and created a chance out of it. I was very impressed with him overall. He forechecks hard, has a lot of skill, and finishes all of his checks.

Old
11-07-2012, 05:39 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Damn. I heard that they were pretty outmatched last time and it wasn't pretty.

Guess we gotta hope for a miracle.
Miracles come in little Frenchmen and a couple of larger nutters doing some banging.Oh yeah watch out for the invisible man he might get carried away.One minute in and Beauvillier scores now for a SH goal followed shortly after by a PP goal Just missed.

Last edited by S Bah: 11-07-2012 at 06:18 PM.
Old
11-07-2012, 06:17 PM
Protest the Hero

Good first shift from Hudon, nice shot Beauvillier.

Closed Thread