HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-13 Albany Devils & ECHL affiliates Thread Part 1

Closed Thread

Old
11-06-2012, 07:41 AM
Zippy316

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
Well, so does Frazee but whaddayaknow.
Frazee is a pretty good goalie. I don't get the hate, he's had some injuries and some unlucky ones. You can't look at the stats because we've seen Kinkaid play great games with no poor stats to show for it. It's more or less showing how awful Albany's defense is.

Old
11-06-2012, 08:30 AM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

Who cares if he's had injuries. Fact is he's not stopping the puck and it really doesn't matter what the cause is. Same goes for Kinkaid. Time to shake it up for a game or two.

Old
11-06-2012, 09:34 AM
Feed Me A Stray Cat

Send a message via AIM to Feed Me A Stray Cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM17 View Post
Who cares if he's had injuries. Fact is he's not stopping the puck and it really doesn't matter what the cause is. Same goes for Kinkaid. Time to shake it up for a game or two.
Frazee has a .919 save percentage and Kinkaid has a .905 save percentage.

The problem for Albany has been scoring goals.

Old
11-06-2012, 09:39 AM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

obviously scoring is bad too, so is letting in 3 or more goals in all but 2 or 3 games. The team's just not clicking. The goalies can't steal games and the players can win them.

Old
11-06-2012, 11:12 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason MacIsaac View Post
Two shooters on the same line, Henrique should be a winger as well. The games I have seen in the AHL have proven it, he doesn't create for his linemates well.
Ya, Henrique isn't the best playmaker. With Kovy on his line that was irrelevant, but in the AHL it's more noticeable. Still a good shooter and a great forechecker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason MacIsaac View Post
Yes, Larsson's poise with the puck in unmatched from any defensmen I seen in the AHL so far. I would like to see him jump into the play a lot more and showcase his offense skills. The only area of his defensive game that needs some work is gap control off the rush.
We saw this in his games with the big club last season too. He would often be out of position on the rush because he stepped up looking to make the hit and the forward went around him creating odd man rushes against his partner. Definitely needs to get better about that, but otherwise I have no complaints with his development.

Old
11-06-2012, 11:23 AM
Jack Griffin

Quote:
obviously scoring is bad too, so is letting in 3 or more goals in all but 2 or 3 games. The team's just not clicking. The goalies can't steal games and the players can win them.
They've only let in 3 or more goals in 3 games.

Old
11-06-2012, 11:27 AM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!!!!

Goaltending hasn't been Albany's problem. Neither goaltender has played bad. I'd liken it to Marty/Moose in 10/11 when their goaltending wasn't necessarily bad, but the team didn't play defense. However the Albany defense isn't nearly as bad as the big Devils under Maclean. I'd also liken to 05/06 when Robinson was coaching, and Mcgillis/Malakhov was a top pairing LOL.

Both goaltenders have been in goal for a blowout game a piece so far. Last game was kind of a blowout too I guess so Kinkaid has been in 2. I didn't see any of the goals Kinkaid let in last game. I had to listen on the radio cast. He gave up a shortside goal on a 5 on 3, but I don't know if he was moving around or if it was a straight up clean shortside goal.

The worst goal I've seen Frazee give up was the penalty shot goal to Rinaldo which you can't really fault him on. He had a big piece of it, and it trickled back in. He probably would have had a shutout if not for that. It's funny one win was a shutout(Kinkaid) and the other was ALMOST a shutout. The penalty shot was BS anyway, but then again so was Henrique's on that same night.

Old
11-06-2012, 11:53 AM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Richey View Post
They've only let in 3 or more goals in 3 games.
4, which is half.

Old
11-06-2012, 01:17 PM
Jack Griffin

Quote:
4, which is half.
OK 4 if you include an empty netter. Their GA per game is still only 2.5 which would be fine if they could actually score goals.

Old
11-06-2012, 01:21 PM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!!!!

One of the reasons I hope we keep some veteran defensemen around in years to come is Albany's D isn't so hot. Though they are missing 2 of their best regulars in Gelinas, and Urbom. The system also sucks. If there even is one.

Old
11-06-2012, 02:03 PM
mattbender123

any dates on when gelinas and urbom return ? and do we send mcpherson, burlon or corrente down ? not alot of room with those guys back,

Old
11-06-2012, 02:07 PM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbender123 View Post
any dates on when gelinas and urbom return ? and do we send mcpherson, burlon or corrente down ? not alot of room with those guys back,
Mcpherson sucked the other night. Not sure if he's been too bad. Send that waste Corrente down for sure. And to think I was actually a little annoyed with Frazee, but I'll tell you I'm much more annoyed with Corrente. Give up on him already. Dude hasn't even looked AHL caliber most nights, but ECHL/Federal League caliber. Shows he won't sniff NHL ice. He wasn't even given a two way contract. Just a one way AHL contract I believe. Not sure when they return though.

Old
11-06-2012, 02:23 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Gelinas broke his jaw, right? He might still be out a while yet.

Old
11-07-2012, 08:42 AM
mattbender123

Whats going on with Urbom then ?

Old
11-07-2012, 11:33 AM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbender123 View Post
Whats going on with Urbom then ?
He's got something wrong, but I forget exactly what.

Corrente suspended 1 game by AHL for instigating a fight in the final 5 minutes of last weekends game against Adirondack. Thank god is all I can say. Hopefully he's on a **** list, and is shipped out. That probably won't happen. I hate that BUST. With Larsson on the team with the lockout going on Corrente shouldn't even have a nightly spot in the roster.

Old
11-07-2012, 11:59 AM
Feed Me A Stray Cat

Send a message via AIM to Feed Me A Stray Cat
Corrente is a good AHL defenseman. Not sure where the vitriol is coming from. Not his fault that the Devils picked him in the first round.

Old
11-07-2012, 12:05 PM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feed Me A Stray Cat View Post
Corrente is a good AHL defenseman. Not sure where the vitriol is coming from. Not his fault that the Devils picked him in the first round.
He's sucked in the games I've seen. A lot of people(Myself included) have given Frazee **** for taking a spot Wedgewood has. I'm not so annoyed by Frazee as I haven't really seen him give up a bad goal yet, and he seems to give the team a chance to win. If Corrente is still up when Merrill, and Scarlett come to the AHL, and especially if Gelinas, and Urbom are still in the A, there is no reason to keep Corrente.

I'm not surprised he was drafted in the first round. Superstar Barry Tallackson ''Who can play with anybody'' was drafted in the 2nd round one year. Not to mention other busts of 2000-2006.

Old
11-07-2012, 03:17 PM
Belizarius

Send a message via MSN to Belizarius
Corrente nearly made the NHL roster as a 18-year old and wasn't this bad when called up. I'm not as down on him as you after watching all the games this season. I don't find him as bad as Leach for example...

Old
11-07-2012, 03:36 PM
Zippy316

I don't get where the hatred for Frazee and Corrente, and to a lesser extent Leach.

Leach is the leader in Albany, hence the C. He is a good, not great, AHL defender. I understand if you don't like the stupid penalties he takes often, but other than that, he's pretty solid. I haven't seen much of Corrente, but it seems like everyone here is judging him from being a first round pick. That first round pick was eons ago. Right now, Corrente is a decent AHL guy. He is still better than McPherson or Kelly, by miles. When all the D are healthy, there will probably be like 8 rotating D. My bet is:

Larsson, Leach, Burlon, Urbom, Gelinas, Hrabarenka, and Corrente.

Frazee is a pretty solid AHL goalie. He still does have some NHL potential, maybe more as a back-up but still. Wedgewood is still only 20 years old, and he still has to get used to the pro game. It may not be the best scenario to throw him into the AHL, let him split time in the ECHL and earn his playing time there. Frazee's numbers look like that from unfortunate injuries and how badly Albany has been. We've watched some of these games, so we know just how awful they are at times.

Old
11-07-2012, 03:55 PM
wKetch22
Pure Grime

How have you guys liked Desimone so far?

I see not the greatest stat line but just curious if you guys have any insight

Old
11-07-2012, 04:21 PM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wKetch22 View Post

Had a pretty sweet goal one game.

The reason I don't like Corrente is I'm afraid he'll be taking up a spot Merrill, or Scarlett could use. However we don't have to worry about that this year. I just wish we could part with some players. Frazee I said the same thing about because of Wedgewood. Though I've watched Frazee in every game I could this year, and he hasn't been bad at all. He will probably become a pretty solid NHL backup one day. Maybe for us maybe not. My opinion on him has changed. Would be cool to rotate all 3 goalies since there aren't roster restrictions like the NHL.

Leach I don't hate. He's pretty much just a 35 year old AHL lifer. I HATED him at the NHL level. Don't mind him at the AHL level. He stunk it up back in 08/09 in the NHL, and Sutter blamed it Colin White or somebody.

Old
11-07-2012, 10:31 PM
wKetch22
Pure Grime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Had a pretty sweet goal one game.

The reason I don't like Corrente is I'm afraid he'll be taking up a spot Merrill, or Scarlett could use. However we don't have to worry about that this year. I just wish we could part with some players. Frazee I said the same thing about because of Wedgewood. Though I've watched Frazee in every game I could this year, and he hasn't been bad at all. He will probably become a pretty solid NHL backup one day. Maybe for us maybe not. My opinion on him has changed. Would be cool to rotate all 3 goalies since there aren't roster restrictions like the NHL.

Leach I don't hate. He's pretty much just a 35 year old AHL lifer. I HATED him at the NHL level. Don't mind him at the AHL level. He stunk it up back in 08/09 in the NHL, and Sutter blamed it Colin White or somebody.
Thats what I heard haa, but thats all I heard

Hes a nice guy... Glad he isnt with the Habs anymore haha

I remember seeing him in a preseason game against the Bruins and he was one of the best players on the ice

Old
11-08-2012, 05:26 AM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by wKetch22 View Post

He's good. He's been a nice hard worker and a smart player, arguably one of the best forwards for Albany so far if you ask me.

Old
11-08-2012, 12:22 PM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!!!!

I wish Little Gio could play up there. Maybe even Cam too cause Rinaldo has been taking shots at Larsson, and all our guys when we play Adirondack. Haley is in the lineup for Connecticut, but he hasn't been a problem really. If this thing takes a turn for the worst a player like Stephen Gionta is not established enough to get a job in Europe. He also is losing the most money as this would be his first year getting an NHL salary. Now he's getting nothing.

Old
11-08-2012, 02:13 PM
Hockey Sports Fan
:panic:

Send a message via AIM to Hockey Sports Fan
Any NHL player COULD get a job in Europe, it's just a matter of whether it's worth the trouble. If Dale Weise can clean up the Dutch league and Bissonette can get two points in his first British league game, Little Gio could play. But it may not be worth the meager pay and travel to him.

Closed Thread