HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pit/min

Old
11-06-2012, 08:39 PM
Mystifo
Malkin To Kulemin.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo Mad Bro View Post
Strong reading skills.

/sarcasm
Well you seem pretty adamant on one year not making a real difference on a players so lets look at the 2011...

Mark McNeill 1st round pick (18th overall)
Boone Jenner 2nd round pick (37th overall)

Now McNeill is doing pretty well in his own way but Jenner is leading the charge for the Generals this year and is their current captain.

Hell at this point Jenner is looking like a steal in the 2nd round.

Mystifo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 09:03 PM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystifo View Post
Well you seem pretty adamant on one year not making a real difference on a players so lets look at the 2011...

Mark McNeill 1st round pick (18th overall)
Boone Jenner 2nd round pick (37th overall)

Now McNeill is doing pretty well in his own way but Jenner is leading the charge for the Generals this year and is their current captain.

Hell at this point Jenner is looking like a steal in the 2nd round.
I guess, but that gap is 19 players.

The gap between Phillips and Welinsky was 58 players. I just don't think Welinsky closed that gap after 1 year.

In 2 or 3 years would could come back and have a better idea, but not after 1 season. That's too big of a gap.

Roo Mad Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 09:06 PM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

Good deal, but no thanks. We have solid prospects at centre (i.e. Oskar Sundqvist, Teddy Blueger, Jayson Megna). We need better prospects at wing.

Last edited by MichiganWolverines: 11-06-2012 at 09:12 PM.
MichiganWolverines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2012, 10:15 PM
billybudd
5 Mike Rupps

Don't know Phillips, but I'd be seriously surprised if Harrington couldn't be had for something the Penguins liked.

Then again, I don't really know why they draft all these D anyway.

Maybe they want to develop these guys in the minors, play them for two or three years then trade them for an assload when people start to notice them, but before they bank much of the second contract, then bring the next guy just like the last guy up from the minors on HIS ELC. Shero's done that twice, now. If that's the case, it'll be a few more years before Harrington's on the block.

billybudd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 04:52 AM
lacrosseguy

No disrespect to Harrington--who i like < but 6'1, 190 lbs right handed shooting centerman, who has done nothing but improve since draft, including winning MVP on a team with Huberdeau, Galiev, Jurco, Bealieau and Coyle wont be moved one on one for Harrington.

lacrosseguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 05:26 AM
forthewild

If MN is trading with Pit for a defense man they are targeting Morrow, i'm not saying its phillips for morrow,

all i'm saying is that is who MIN would target.

forthewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 07:23 AM
roboninja
EYG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playerwinner View Post
Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin, Brandon Sutter.
End of thread. PIT is not needy for a center, not sure whythe OP was thinking they were.

roboninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 08:54 AM
TheRollingPuck
Free fallin'

Pass, at least if it involves Harrington. No other Pens prospect can replace what he brings.

TheRollingPuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 10:23 AM
Minnesota
L'étoile du Nord

vCash: 50
To the "We don't need centers, we need wingers!" argument... BIG SHOCKER: Guys who usually play center can ALSO play wing!

Anyways, none of our prospects are guaranteed. I'd rather be stocked up on offensive players than overpay for another d-man. I'd vote no from the Wild's standpoint.

Minnesota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 12:03 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

vCash: 50
If we're gonna give up a forward prospect, I would definitely prefer it to be Phillips. He's a solid prospect, but as others have said, he's just stuck down the depth chart. Anyone of Pittsburgh's solid d prospects would interest me, but they're probably not too interested in Phillips, even though he'll likely play wing if/when he makes the Wild roster.

Billy Mays Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 05:29 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Burkupine

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacrosseguy View Post
No disrespect to Harrington--who i like < but 6'1, 190 lbs right handed shooting centerman, who has done nothing but improve since draft, including winning MVP on a team with Huberdeau, Galiev, Jurco, Bealieau and Coyle wont be moved one on one for Harrington.
No disrespect to Phillips - who I like - but a guy who knowledgeable junior observers consider arguably the best shutdown defensemen in junior hockey, who has done nothing but improve since the draft, including a Mem Cup berth and a spot on Team Canada's WJC shutdown pairing, won't be moved one-for-one for Phillips.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 05:52 PM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
No disrespect to Phillips - who I like - but a guy who knowledgeable junior observers consider arguably the best shutdown defensemen in junior hockey, who has done nothing but improve since the draft, including a Mem Cup berth and a spot on Team Canada's WJC shutdown pairing, won't be moved one-for-one for Phillips.
Those are all fine and dandy accomplishments for a young player, but teams value how their game will translate to the NHL more.

Phillips is still considered a better NHL prospect than Harrington, who is purely a shutdown guy at the next level.

Phillips has more upside, and while Harrington will probably carve out a role in the NHL, Phillips has higher upside.

edit: The more I think about it, the more I think that you're right on this one. While I still feel Phillips is probably (rather guessing according to most prospect lists) the more valued prospect around the league (1st round draft pick and all), I wouldn't be surprised if the Pens would say no to that swap because they don't really have a prospect like Harrington in their system. I feel something around Maatta would be better.

Last edited by Roo Mad Bro: 11-07-2012 at 05:59 PM.
Roo Mad Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 07:23 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Burkupine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo Mad Bro View Post
Those are all fine and dandy accomplishments for a young player, but teams value how their game will translate to the NHL more.

Phillips is still considered a better NHL prospect than Harrington, who is purely a shutdown guy at the next level.

Phillips has more upside, and while Harrington will probably carve out a role in the NHL, Phillips has higher upside.

edit: The more I think about it, the more I think that you're right on this one. While I still feel Phillips is probably (rather guessing according to most prospect lists) the more valued prospect around the league (1st round draft pick and all), I wouldn't be surprised if the Pens would say no to that swap because they don't really have a prospect like Harrington in their system. I feel something around Maatta would be better.
Honestly, I don't see much reason for the Pens to start dealing away blueline prospects they've targeted and drafted for forward prospects who aren't clearly better right now than the young wingers they already have.

If we can get a forward prospect or young winger who's definitively better than Bennett/Tangradi/Kennedy right now, then there's fodder for discussion. If not, then we might as well do what we do best and develop our PMDs then trade them off later for established scoring wings. Otherwise we're just adding depth over quality and compromising our developmental strength.

Old
11-08-2012, 04:38 AM
lacrosseguy

Honestly, dont see much reason for the WILD to start dealing away forward prospects t they have targetted and drafted for defence prosepcts who arent clearly better than the young defencman they already have.......
If we can get a defence prospect whose definetly better than Scandella/Spurgeon right now, then there is fodder for discussion. If not then we might as well do whats best and develop our Young Forwards then trade them off later for established defenceman. Otherwis we are just adding depth over quality and comprimising our developmental strength.

lacrosseguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 08:27 AM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Burkupine

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacrosseguy View Post
Honestly, dont see much reason for the WILD to start dealing away forward prospects t they have targetted and drafted for defence prosepcts who arent clearly better than the young defencman they already have.......
If we can get a defence prospect whose definetly better than Scandella/Spurgeon right now, then there is fodder for discussion. If not then we might as well do whats best and develop our Young Forwards then trade them off later for established defenceman. Otherwis we are just adding depth over quality and comprimising our developmental strength.
So make me an offer for one of our established defensemen.