HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Alex Galchenyuk Thread 5.0 - CLR Edition

Closed Thread

Old
11-07-2012, 12:52 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

vCash: 500
Alex Galchenyuk Thread 5.0 - CLR Edition

continue here

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards

Last edited by overlords: 11-07-2012 at 03:45 PM.
Old
11-07-2012, 12:54 PM
EveryDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
If Galchenyuk is ready next season, then Pacioretty and Leblanc can easily play with Plekanec while Galchenyuk can have Cole and Desharnais flanked on the wings. Or if people are really that anal about not moving Desharnais away from centre, then Desharnais can be flanked by Galchenyuk and Cole. The offensive depth and size distrubution is much greater in this case then simply throwing all our eggs in one basket again.

Galchenyuk Desharnais Cole
Pacioretty Plekanec Leblanc
Bourque Eller Gionta

Or you can switch DD and Gally (though God-forbid you do such a thing on these boards, Desharnais has become a sacred cow)

Its true but DD is still a very good offensive center and i'm pretty sure he could do well at wing in the top6.

Old
11-07-2012, 01:17 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post

Its true but DD is still a very good offensive center and i'm pretty sure he could do well at wing in the top6.
Yes and he is by no means an established top 6 center.

Old
11-07-2012, 01:19 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Yes and he is by no means an established top 6 center.
I wouldn't say that. It might still be unknown about his consistency, but he definitely is a top 6 centre. I would just like to see the offense and size spread out. I think he can still be as effective on the wing. He won't suddenly lose his vision and poise.

Old
11-07-2012, 01:30 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Same name as the last thread? I demand change!

I suggest "Alex Galchenchyuk Thread 5.90 - It's Galleriffic!"

Old
11-07-2012, 01:31 PM
Ginu

Keep Galchenyuk with Plekanec. He needs someone experienced who can cover any defensive lapses. Remember it's his first year. Desharnais is a strictly offensive player and is young himself.

Old
11-07-2012, 01:38 PM
11Goat11
Inside her

Thread should have been called "Rustgate", or the "CLR" edition.

Old
11-07-2012, 01:46 PM
That

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Goat11 View Post
Thread should have been called "Rustgate", or the "CLR" edition.

Either of these would be hilarious!

Old
11-07-2012, 01:51 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

I second Rustgate Edition.

Old
11-07-2012, 01:52 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

I thought rustgate was over?

Old
11-07-2012, 01:54 PM
11Goat11
Inside her

Hence the CLR edition, gets rid of the rust....

Old
11-07-2012, 02:10 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
Keep Galchenyuk with Plekanec. He needs someone experienced who can cover any defensive lapses. Remember it's his first year. Desharnais is a strictly offensive player and is young himself.
We don't need Gally getting tough match ups.
Put him next to Eller, and give them Gionta as well. They'd make a great 3rd line.
Gally wouldn't have to focus too much on his offensive side, and he'd have two good offensive but very responsible defensive players.
Starting him up on 3rd line would be best. I'd rather give Leblanc a shot on the top 6. He's had the chance before and did decently well.

Old
11-07-2012, 02:51 PM
lamp9post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
We don't need Gally getting tough match ups.
Put him next to Eller, and give them Gionta as well. They'd make a great 3rd line.
Gally wouldn't have to focus too much on his offensive side, and he'd have two good offensive but very responsible defensive players.
Starting him up on 3rd line would be best. I'd rather give Leblanc a shot on the top 6. He's had the chance before and did decently well.
That would be a great 3rd line, but our top 6 would be weakened. With that 3rd line, this would likely be the top-9:

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole
Bourque? - Plekanec - Leblanc
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gionta

If that's the case, Eller's line actually becomes the 2nd line and Plekanec continues to play with muckers. I don't disagree with Gally starting on the third line, but at the same time, the team really needs him to add some oomph to the top-6. That said, if it was possible to upgrade on Bourque in the above scenario, those lines would look a lot better.

Old
11-07-2012, 03:07 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamp9post View Post
That would be a great 3rd line, but our top 6 would be weakened. With that 3rd line, this would likely be the top-9:

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole
Bourque? - Plekanec - Leblanc
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gionta

If that's the case, Eller's line actually becomes the 2nd line and Plekanec continues to play with muckers. I don't disagree with Gally starting on the third line, but at the same time, the team really needs him to add some oomph to the top-6. That said, if it was possible to upgrade on Bourque in the above scenario, those lines would look a lot better.
I would put Bourque next to DD, on the 2nd line, complement them with either Cole or MaxPac.
Plekanec gets Leblanc and one of MaxPac/Cole. Bourque with Leblanc and Plek would not work imo. Not only that, but Plekanec, our best center, would yet again get stuck with arguably our worst wingers.

Old
11-07-2012, 03:14 PM
SeriousHabs

How about we leave Galchenyuk in the OHL?

Old
11-07-2012, 03:16 PM
zzoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
For this year, I concur !

Old
11-07-2012, 03:20 PM
EveryDay

Quote:
Never knew we had so much power!!!

Old
11-07-2012, 03:22 PM
charlie

vCash: 358
Quote:
What other league did you have in mind?

Old
11-07-2012, 03:29 PM
habsfanatics

You are grossly underrating Forsberg. He was a complete player who was dominant in all three zones. Once again this is an example of revisionist history via stat analysis......really getting old on these boards.

I don't want to derail this thread, but I never once underrated Forsberg. He was a beast without question, but I wasn't the one to claim "if it wasn't for his injuries he could of been the greatest player to ever wear a jersey" or "he had the greatest hands ever". I don't feel like arguing semantics or the definition of "hands", but he wasn't even the greatest player on his team and he definitely didn't have the best hands on his team. He was a Bryan Trottier type player, he could do everything, but neither of those statements were true. He was my favorite player while he was in the league, I loved his grit, skill, playmaking, but greatest to ever wear a jersey is a huge overstatement. Not even close whether he was injury riddled or not.

Old
11-07-2012, 03:30 PM
habsfanatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I wouldn't say that. It might still be unknown about his consistency, but he definitely is a top 6 centre. I would just like to see the offense and size spread out. I think he can still be as effective on the wing. He won't suddenly lose his vision and poise.
I agree, but I don't expect Therrien to make changes.

Old
11-07-2012, 04:53 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
You are grossly underrating Forsberg. He was a complete player who was dominant in all three zones. Once again this is an example of revisionist history via stat analysis......really getting old on these boards.

I don't want to derail this thread, but I never once underrated Forsberg. He was a beast without question, but I wasn't the one to claim "if it wasn't for his injuries he could of been the greatest player to ever wear a jersey" or "he had the greatest hands ever". I don't feel like arguing semantics or the definition of "hands", but he wasn't even the greatest player on his team and he definitely didn't have the best hands on his team. He was a Bryan Trottier type player, he could do everything, but neither of those statements were true. He was my favorite player while he was in the league, I loved his grit, skill, playmaking, but greatest to ever wear a jersey is a huge overstatement. Not even close whether he was injury riddled or not.
What?!! He definitely did have the best hands on his team and on any team he ever played for in his life. Joey Saks had the snapper, Foppa had everything else.

You're right in saying that he wouldn't have ever been considered the best player ever or as having the best hands ever, that's the title Mario deserves, but he was no doubt one of the best players to ever play in the NHL. Seriouslyyyy underrated.

Old
11-07-2012, 05:20 PM
11Goat11
Inside her

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
continue here

Nice!

Anyways kids a beast and I could not understand how anyone thought he would just jump right in and start dominating from day one considering the time he missed.

I am so glad we have him and cannot believe Columbus did not draft him before the Habs. I think he is good enough to play in the NHL now but kind of glad he is getting the ice time he is in the O.

Old
11-07-2012, 05:29 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

back on topic.

That's galchenyuk, in case you forgot

Old
11-07-2012, 06:04 PM
MaxLacoste

Which winger should we try to draft to play along side Gally in 2013? The next draft is full of talent, we could find the perfect player to grow with our latest 1st round pick. I think Anthony Mantha is the perfect candidate to be match with Galchenyuk. Galchenyuk+Mantha+Pacioretty would make a sick line with size.

Old
11-07-2012, 06:09 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxLacoste View Post
Which winger should we try to draft to play along side Gally in 2013? The next draft is full of talent, we could find the perfect player to grow with our latest 1st round pick. I think Anthony Mantha is the perfect candidate to be match with Galchenyuk. Galchenyuk+Mantha+Pacioretty would make a sick line with size.
Drouin! I don't like Mantha's skating although he is a beast.

Closed Thread