HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Top 1997-born players in NB

Old
10-31-2012, 10:36 AM
Dogpound

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey master View Post
Can someone give me an update on Tingley, Conrad and Downey?
Downey is playing high school not Minor Midget

Dogpound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 11:25 AM
Hockey master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada4Gold1 View Post
I've never been to a Midget Minor game yet since it isn't as good as Major but Conrad is leading the league with 9 points in 2 games, Tingley has 2 goals and 0 assists in 2 games, and Downey has 0 points in 2 games as well. Keep in mind that the Minor site isn't updated as fast as Major either because I see that the last 2 weeks of games haven't had there scores posted.
Thanks, i will be looking to see what they can do in the monctonian in the coming weeks

Hockey master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 02:12 PM
Canada4Gold1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogpound View Post
He is on the Kenn Valley Spartans roster though so is he playing both?

Canada4Gold1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 02:15 PM
PG

Quote:
He is on the Kenn Valley Spartans roster though so is he playing both?
Not the same Adam Downey...The Moncton Downey is playing with Moncton High along with at least one other late cut from the Flyers....

Agree with Dogpound(Flyerboss) that LD is overrated.....was not (overrrated) a few years ago but as the years crawl by the rest catch up - a good solid 15 yr old blueliner

Last edited by PG: 10-31-2012 at 04:50 PM.
PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 05:20 PM
Hockey master

Quote:
That Downey is a 96

Hockey master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2012, 07:21 PM
hockey jockey

Quote:
Sorry if i hit a nerve with you hockey4life13. I am definitely not a young moncton player or a father. Just becuase someone gets an A on his Jersey does not mean he is a leader or have a good attitude especially in Midget hockey. NHL a different story. I was not bashing Deschenes i was simply stating what i thought it looked like when i saw him play. For someone who was so highly rated and talked about i was kinda dissapointed when i saw him play. I also saw him play last year at the atlantic challenge cup and he was very dissapointing there as well. Took a lot of undisciplined penalties and got burned quite a bit going for a big hit. He is still a very good hockey player for 15 years old but has a lot of work to do and has to stop relying on his reputation and be the dominate player he should be. As of right now he is definitely not ready to play Major Junior hockey as a 16 year old next year.
I think when a player is given a letter on his jersey it is for one of two reasons, they are leaders on and off the ice or a letter is given to try and bring the best out of a player and elevate his game.If he was not a good player we would not be talking about him , I agree there has been lots of hype about him in the last couple of years that he has not lived up to, he has lots of work to do if he wants to get to the next level.

JMO

hockey jockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2012, 08:38 PM
PG

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey jockey View Post
I think when a player is given a letter on his jersey it is for one of two reasons, they are leaders on and off the ice or a letter is given to try and bring the best out of a player and elevate his game.If he was not a good player we would not be talking about him , I agree there has been lots of hype about him in the last couple of years that he has not lived up to, he has lots of work to do if he wants to get to the next level.

JMO
so with that behind us, who are the top 97 forwards, defenceman and goailes in NB?

PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 08:02 AM
hockey jockey

[QUOTE=hockey jockey;54843931]
Quote:
I agree this is about opinions on players , as far as the above mentioned names Morrison and Munn never tried out in Fredericton for major midget, as far as the others I have no info on them I heard Beniot may be at OHA in Ontario.[/QUOTE

Its only early in the season I will throw out my early ranking of the top 97 NB forwards playing Major Midget in NB

Bower
Leblanc
Daley
Tompkins
Belic
Theriualt
Woulds

Other 97 forwards

Alward
Cameron
Billings
Scott
Ward
Pellerin

Any thoughts on any of these players?
This is my list of forwards top 7 and 6 others playing AAA Midget

As far as top D it would be
Deschene
Paul
Thompson (RNS)
Vance

Other D include

Comeau
Robicaud
Meyers
Gunn
Hachey
McInnis

This is JMO as of now, things can change, I forgot Bellieau from Mirimichi not sure where he fits in the mix, other top players would be Becker , Sarault , and Adams all at OHA.

REMEMBER JMO

Old
11-02-2012, 08:18 AM
mrscout

[QUOTE=hockey jockey;55458989]
Quote:

This is my list of forwards top 7 and 6 others playing AAA Midget

As far as top D it would be
Deschene
Paul
Thompson (RNS)
Vance

Other D include

Comeau
Robicaud
Meyers
Gunn
Hachey
McInnis

This is JMO as of now, things can change, I forgot Bellieau from Mirimichi not sure where he fits in the mix, other top players would be Becker , Sarault , and Adams all at OHA.

REMEMBER JMO
Curious to know if you have seen Woulds play this year. IMO I don't think I would include him based on what I've seen.

mrscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2012, 08:57 PM
hockey jockey

[QUOTE=mrscout;55459081]
Quote:

Curious to know if you have seen Woulds play this year. IMO I don't think I would include him based on what I've seen.
I have seen Woulds play this year a couple of times based on what I have seen he would be in my top forwards except for maybe Sarault and Adams which I have not seen them play this year, there may be an argument to bump him out but as far as the others mentioned I can't see any of them replacing him just based on his size and grit.

Old
11-02-2012, 10:56 PM
Canada4Gold1

[QUOTE=hockey jockey;55474817]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscout View Post

I have seen Woulds play this year a couple of times based on what I have seen he would be in my top forwards except for maybe Sarault and Adams which I have not seen them play this year, there may be an argument to bump him out but as far as the others mentioned I can't see any of them replacing him just based on his size and grit.
Being bigger doesn't make you better than someone else. Woulds skating is very weak compared to other players mentioned. He also takes a lot of penalties which shows me he lacks discipline. He does play with a lot of intensity for the most part but it gets him into penalty trouble when he comes in late with a hit or when he retaliates after someone hits him. There are many other 97's that play Midget Major that should be consider as top players ahead of him.

Old
11-03-2012, 09:00 AM
hockey jockey

[QUOTE=Canada4Gold1;55478833]
Quote:

Being bigger doesn't make you better than someone else. Woulds skating is very weak compared to other players mentioned. He also takes a lot of penalties which shows me he lacks discipline. He does play with a lot of intensity for the most part but it gets him into penalty trouble when he comes in late with a hit or when he retaliates after someone hits him. There are many other 97's that play Midget Major that should be consider as top players ahead of him.
Being bigger does not always make you better but size sure helps, who would you bump ahead of him? remember this is JMO and there may be some better than him

Old
11-05-2012, 11:44 AM
Canada4Gold1

[QUOTE=hockey jockey;55484591]
Quote:

Being bigger does not always make you better but size sure helps, who would you bump ahead of him? remember this is JMO and there may be some better than him
I'd say Beaulieu, Ward, and Alward would be put ahead of him if we ranked them. Maybe Scott but they are almost the same.

Old
11-05-2012, 06:30 PM
hockey jockey

[QUOTE=Canada4Gold1;55538953]
Quote:

I'd say Beaulieu, Ward, and Alward would be put ahead of him if we ranked them. Maybe Scott but they are almost the same.
Possibly Ward or Alward, still have not seen enough of Beaulieu?, as far as Scott his skating is way behind the others.

JMO

Old
11-06-2012, 08:04 AM
mrscout

[QUOTE=hockey jockey;55547335]
Quote:

Possibly Ward or Alward, still have not seen enough of Beaulieu?, as far as Scott his skating is way behind the others.

JMO
I watched Moncton's 3-2 loss to Cole Harbour on Saturday. It seems that Alward is a step up from Ward although they have different styles. Ward likes to work the corners but not the fastest kid on the ice but I like his style. Alward also has good positioning which is probably a result of good coaching. Also watched Cole Harbour and Miramichi on Sunday. Woulds doesn't read the play very well and seems to throw the puck away quite often. Scott had a couple of end to end rush's and one of them resulted in a shorthanded goal and he had a ton of icetime combined with the PK. He seemed to have decent speed that game especially with his backchecking. Beaulieu seems to be coming out of his shell a bit more. Good speed and stickhandling but has to remember not to get too cute and use the player's around him, but also had a solid backchecking game. Couple of good games to watch.

Old
11-06-2012, 03:52 PM
Canada4Gold1

[QUOTE=mrscout;55559337]
Quote:

I watched Moncton's 3-2 loss to Cole Harbour on Saturday. It seems that Alward is a step up from Ward although they have different styles. Ward likes to work the corners but not the fastest kid on the ice but I like his style. Alward also has good positioning which is probably a result of good coaching. Also watched Cole Harbour and Miramichi on Sunday. Woulds doesn't read the play very well and seems to throw the puck away quite often. Scott had a couple of end to end rush's and one of them resulted in a shorthanded goal and he had a ton of icetime combined with the PK. He seemed to have decent speed that game especially with his backchecking. Beaulieu seems to be coming out of his shell a bit more. Good speed and stickhandling but has to remember not to get too cute and use the player's around him, but also had a solid backchecking game. Couple of good games to watch.
Scott does get a ton of ice time killing penalties and it was nice to see that the PK only let in 2 goals instead of 3-4. Miramichi still takes a ton of penalties which usually results in them losing the game. You have to look at who Beaulieu is playing with before you judge his game. He's playing with Kenny (who in my opinion isn't ready for Midget Major) and usually their affiliate player (used to be Plourde). It's hard for a player to use his line if they aren't in the play since he's faster than both of them. That line probably averages under 10 mins a game while the rest of the lines average 15-20 mins. I wanted to see Beaulieu move up to the line with Savoie and Theriault to see how he would do with added minutes but Plourde was moved up. The second line of Savoie and Theriault with Plourde has under produced in the last 4 games (only 2 goals) so Beaulieu should be given the chance to show what he can do.

Old
11-06-2012, 04:23 PM
hockey jockey

[QUOTE=mrscout;55559337]
Quote:

Like I said things can change maybe Would is slipping and others are catching him I have not seen enough of the Mirimichi team this year but do like listening to others opinions. Just remeber Ward and Alward are on a much better team than the kids in Mirimichi are sometimes easier to look better when surrounded with good players ,not saying that they are not good, lets hear some other peoples list of top 97 players in NB.

I did see Colby Tower play in St John on Friday night and he is a very exsplosive player not many like him in NB.

Old
11-07-2012, 09:03 AM
mrscout

[QUOTE=hockey jockey;55570407]
Quote:

Like I said things can change maybe Would is slipping and others are catching him I have not seen enough of the Mirimichi team this year but do like listening to others opinions. Just remeber Ward and Alward are on a much better team than the kids in Mirimichi are sometimes easier to look better when surrounded with good players ,not saying that they are not good, lets hear some other peoples list of top 97 players in NB.

I did see Colby Tower play in St John on Friday night and he is a very exsplosive player not many like him in NB.
You're right on the money about Tower. Some will say he is too small, same thing with Jacob but.....the smaller guy's have broke the barrier years ago. As long as they can play the game and take the big hits in the corner's they will succeed. We've all seen guy's like Gionta, St. Louis and a few other's get rocked in the corner's but they keep going. If they ever showed fear they wouldn't be where they are now.

Old
11-07-2012, 09:56 AM
mrscout

[QUOTE=Canada4Gold1;55569335]
Quote:

Scott does get a ton of ice time killing penalties and it was nice to see that the PK only let in 2 goals instead of 3-4. Miramichi still takes a ton of penalties which usually results in them losing the game. You have to look at who Beaulieu is playing with before you judge his game. He's playing with Kenny (who in my opinion isn't ready for Midget Major) and usually their affiliate player (used to be Plourde). It's hard for a player to use his line if they aren't in the play since he's faster than both of them. That line probably averages under 10 mins a game while the rest of the lines average 15-20 mins. I wanted to see Beaulieu move up to the line with Savoie and Theriault to see how he would do with added minutes but Plourde was moved up. The second line of Savoie and Theriault with Plourde has under produced in the last 4 games (only 2 goals) so Beaulieu should be given the chance to show what he can do.
I almost have to agree with you when it comes to Beaulieu playing with Theriault and Savoie. Not sure who would be willing to take a bit of punishment in front of the net though. All player's have to be judged, not always in a negative way but just a few minor details. I'm not sure who evaluated Kenny but there is no way he is in the top 3rd of the best player's on that team and really doesn't belong in this league. He may have had success playing with kids alot smaller but this type of hockey is over his head. When I look back at some of the previous posts I have a hard time to understand how they cut Eddie Bainville before Kenny and Plourde. However, Plourde seems to adjusting but Kenny is falling behind. I can understand Fredericton taking Leblanc who also seems to be adjusting but I'm sure Miramichi cut player's who should have been there before Plourde and Kenny. IMO HNB made a big mistake with this one. Makes me wonder if the evaluators understand what they should be looking for.

Old
11-07-2012, 11:16 AM
NBHockey
finish your checks

[QUOTE=mrscout;55593969]
Quote:

I almost have to agree with you when it comes to Beaulieu playing with Theriault and Savoie. Not sure who would be willing to take a bit of punishment in front of the net though. All player's have to be judged, not always in a negative way but just a few minor details. I'm not sure who evaluated Kenny but there is no way he is in the top 3rd of the best player's on that team and really doesn't belong in this league. He may have had success playing with kids alot smaller but this type of hockey is over his head. When I look back at some of the previous posts I have a hard time to understand how they cut Eddie Bainville before Kenny and Plourde. However, Plourde seems to adjusting but Kenny is falling behind. I can understand Fredericton taking Leblanc who also seems to be adjusting but I'm sure Miramichi cut player's who should have been there before Plourde and Kenny. IMO HNB made a big mistake with this one. Makes me wonder if the evaluators understand what they should be looking for.
We have said this before, hockey politics is everywhere, and anyone who's been out in the world for any length of time, knows politics is in everything. I would agree that Kenny is way over his head, and seems to lack the internal fortitude to be able to play over his head. Thats a bad combination in my opinion. LeBlanc is also over his head, but seems to keep trying to work at it, so while he is in deep right now, I think after Christmas he will be more involved.

Maybe Kenny is connected to someone or something, I dont know. Look at what I would call the legit top 3 97 forwards in NB: Bower - father connected to everyone, Tompkins - father on EDZA, Jacob - father a Q scout for Moncton and well connected. That isn't to take anything away from these guys, they actually are at the top of the game right now, but my point is, someone somewhere will have an opinion that they get opportunities because of who they know. Certainly not fair for people to say but they will, maybe that's what people say about Kenny and LeBlanc.

How many successful players came up through and got opportunities at the next level because of first knowing about the opportunities and then having the connections to get to them... LOTS. Most of these players we are splitting hairs on, some scouts will like them, some wont.

Is Kenny, Plourde and LeBlanc in the top 1/3 of the teams? Definately not but hey, none of us can know why a coach would rather take them than the others that were at tryouts. Maybe it's team chemistry, maybe the others didnt fit into the role they would be put in, maybe they had a bad attitude, who knows.

Last edited by NBHockey: 11-07-2012 at 04:24 PM. Reason: typo
NBHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 11:58 AM
NBHockey
finish your checks

Quote:
Yeah he is a good player, I've seen him a couple of times now. What did you like about his game against the Vito's? What were the the goals he scored like, had two I think? What is his defensive side like? He's a small guy so we will have to see what that does to his chances to move to the Q. Maybe an NCAA route? Do you think he is better than the top NB guys?

Old
11-07-2012, 03:32 PM
Canada4Gold1

[QUOTE=NBHockey;55595473]
Quote:

We have said this before, hockey politics is everywhere, and anyone who's been out in the world for any length of time, knows politics is in everything. I would agree that Kenny is way over his head, and seems to lack the internal fortitude to be able to play over his head. Thats a bad combination in my opinion. LeBlanc is also over his head, but seems to keep trying to work at it, so while he is in deep right now, I think after Christmas he will be more involved.

Maybe Kenny is connected to someone or something, I dont know. Look at what I would call the legit top 3 97 forwards in NB: Bower - father connected to everyone, Tompkins - father on EDZA, Jacob - father a Q scout for Moncton and well connected. That isn't to take anything away from these guys, they actually are at the top of the game right now, but my point is, someone somewhere will have an opinion that they opportunities because of who they know. Probably not fair but the way it is, maybe thats what people say about Kenny and LeBlanc.

How many successful players came up through and got opportunities at the next level because of first knowing about the opportunities and then having the connections to get to them... LOTS. Most of these players we are splitting hairs on, some scouts will like them, some wont.

Is Kenny, Plourde and LeBlanc in the top 1/3 of the teams? Definately not but hey, none of us can know why a coach would rather take them than the others that were at tryouts. Maybe it's team chemistry, maybe the others didnt fit into the role they would be put in, maybe they had a bad attitude, who knows.
You have to be the in the top 3 of your position from what I've seen on the HNB site but it could be a typo which is highly unlikely. If they went by LW, RW, and C positions for forward I could see Plourde and Leblanc as top 3 in their position if forwards were split up that way but in no way would Kenny be there.

Old
11-07-2012, 03:47 PM
Canada4Gold1

[QUOTE=mrscout;55593969]
Quote:

There isn't a lot of guys that can take a bit of punishment in front of the net on Miramichi except for the checking line of Scott-Woulds-Gallant. In the games I've seen, Savoie (who is a center) was moved to wing so Plourde could play center which is hurting them. I've been confused about how the lines have been made in Miramichi the whole year. At first, it looked like the older guys were getting more playing time which is fair but then Williston is out and Plourde who is younger than Beaulieu takes his place? Hopefully it's a good game between Miramichi and Saint John this Friday.

Old
11-07-2012, 04:27 PM
NBHockey
finish your checks

[QUOTE=Canada4Gold1;55601399]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBHockey View Post

You have to be the in the top 3 of your position from what I've seen on the HNB site but it could be a typo which is highly unlikely. If they went by LW, RW, and C positions for forward I could see Plourde and Leblanc as top 3 in their position if forwards were split up that way but in no way would Kenny be there.
My understanding of the rule, but wouldn't be the first time I've had a rule wrong: If you are a forward, you have to be in the top 3. If your defense, you have to be in the top 2, and the top goalie. No way these guys are in the top three forwards of the teams they are on.

Old
11-07-2012, 07:19 PM
hockey jockey

[QUOTE=NBHockey;55602919]
Quote:

My understanding of the rule, but wouldn't be the first time I've had a rule wrong: If you are a forward, you have to be in the top 3. If your defense, you have to be in the top 2, and the top goalie. No way these guys are in the top three forwards of the teams they are on.
That is what the rule is suppose to be, but if you know how HNB works thay can change the rules any time they want, if they are questioned you would be sent to a dozen different people and never given an answer that was conclusive and the circle would continue until you got frustrated enough to let it go.That is where the politics comes in , as far as Plourde , Kinney , and Leblanc none of them should be playing AAA Midget.

JMO