HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Buffalo - Edmonton

Old
11-07-2012, 07:37 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

vCash: 500
Tbh, I would sit Hemsky for the season just to get Mackinnon.

Leafs For Life* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 07:40 PM
I3ig13ig

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
EDM is not going to give up a 1st to get Stafford. EDM would give up a 1st to get a 2C with size but not a winger plus Hemsky come on guys think about it. EDM does not need another winger, they already have Hall, Eberle and Yak. Also Harti has been playing very good in the AHL this year so I can see the Oilers giving him a chance.
EDM is looking for either a big dman that can skate that is very good defensively or a 2C with size. If Gagner was a bit bigger I would be happy with him but we do need a bigger 2C since RNH is slight.
Re: the bolded...

I think we should try Hall at center and dangle Gagner for another 1st Rounder back or package him for a top 4 dman. The dman doesn't need to elite. Just have the ability to do his job well enough to give us a chance to win.

Yakupov - RNH - Stafford
Hartikinen - Hall - Eberle

I feel soooooo much more comfortable having a hard-hitting winger on each line that can also produce. Stafford is a much needed upgrade over Hemsky in the sense that we don't need 6 top 6 players who are all skill and no toughness. If we can replace him for a goal scoring, hard hitting winger like Stafford and have Harti on the other line, I'd say the Oilers are a better overall team with Stafford than with Hemsky. They can roll two lines that have the same amount of elite power. They then don't have to worry about the Big 4 getting pushed around and bullied cause the team has to worry about Harti and Stafford protecting and retaliating anything they attempt to do to them.

I3ig13ig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 07:41 PM
stokes84

Send a message via AIM to stokes84
Hemsky has scored a grand total of 31 goals over the past 3 seasons. You can keep him. For those saying Hemsky>Stafford, 5 years ago you would have been correct. Today, not so much.

stokes84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes84 View Post
Hemsky has scored a grand total of 31 goals over the past 3 seasons. You can keep him. For those saying Hemsky>Stafford, 5 years ago you would have been correct. Today, not so much.
Hemsky is better if he is healthy, not a great fit in Buffalo though

1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 07:50 PM
stokes84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
Hemsky is better if he is healthy, not a great fit in Buffalo though
Not really. In the last 2 seasons, Hemsky scores .2 gpg. Stafford scores .36 gpg. Over 82 games, that would be 17 goals for Hemsky vs. 29.5 for Stafford. Stafford has been a lot better recently.

Old
11-07-2012, 07:56 PM
Pekka Rinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes84 View Post
Not really. In the last 2 seasons, Hemsky scores .2 gpg. Stafford scores .36 gpg. Over 82 games, that would be 17 goals for Hemsky vs. 29.5 for Stafford. Stafford has been a lot better recently.
LOL those are great stats considering Hemsky is a pass-first playmaker and Stafford is more of a goal scorer. NIce try though bud.

As for the trade, I wouldnt trade Hemsky for Stafford straight up. Klefbom for Mcnabb straight up, and obviously not a 1st/2nd for a 3rd. Soooo no thanks

Pekka Rinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 08:00 PM
T-Funk

vCash: 1020
classic oilers trade proposal

what a mess

T-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 08:00 PM
stokes84

Hemsky is older, constantly injured, costs more, and produces less. There is literally no way to argue that Hemsky has even close to the value of Stafford. Sorry Edmonton, you're stuck with him. Old, expensive, injury prone players who have seen their best days don't have much value.

Old
11-07-2012, 08:07 PM
stokes84

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianBoy8 View Post
LOL those are great stats considering Hemsky is a pass-first playmaker and Stafford is more of a goal scorer. NIce try though bud.

As for the trade, I wouldnt trade Hemsky for Stafford straight up. Klefbom for Mcnabb straight up, and obviously not a 1st/2nd for a 3rd. Soooo no thanks
Fine, Hemsky would average 55 point over 82 games, Stafford averages 59. So he still produces more. And he plays more. A lot more. And I'll take a goal scorer is more valuable than a set up man, especially when he can produce more goals AND points.

Old
11-07-2012, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianBoy8 View Post

Stafford has been better the last couple years and its not really close, I would guess almost any GM would take Stafford over Hemsky at this point. Hemsky was better a few years ago but who knows if he ever reaches that level again.

1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 08:52 PM
SDig14

I think it's a moot point, since I doubt we are looking to move him.

We just signed Hemsky for a reason. He seems to finally be healthy and is a very gifted playmaker, which we could use more than a scorer since we already have Eberle, Hall, and Yakupov.

I'm not certain Hemsky will get back to his 70+ point form, but I think management signed him to a 2 year deal to at least let him try and play well with the kids.

If it doesn't happen, we move on.

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 08:57 PM
Morlesio14*

Mcnabb > klerbom
Stafford > hemsky

Steal for Edmonton.

Morlesio14* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 09:18 PM
I3ig13ig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morlesio14 View Post
Mcnabb > klerbom
Stafford > hemsky

Steal for Edmonton.
Oilers are offering Klefbom. Not his retarded cousin Klerbom. Also there is some significant draft picks being exchanged.

Try reading the OP before responding from now on.

I3ig13ig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 10:19 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morlesio14 View Post
Mcnabb > klerbom
Stafford > hemsky

Steal for Edmonton.
I love Mcnabb and would love to have him on the Oilers team, but he's not on the same planet skill wise as Oscar Klefbom, not even close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I3ig13ig View Post
Oilers are offering Klefbom. Not his retarded cousin Klerbom. Also there is some significant draft picks being exchanged.

The Oilers are not making this proposal, you are. The Oilers management love Klefbom and wouldn't even think of making a ridiculous trade like this. What it sounds like Hemsky is tearing up the Czech league, you might be selling Hemsky a bit low.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 10:24 PM
lakai17

vCash: 50
edited.

Last edited by lakai17: 11-07-2012 at 10:37 PM.
lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 10:25 PM
worraps
Acceptance

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
Ennis + Pysyk + Adam for Gagner + Yakupov
Jeez ... I am glad you don't have Steve Tambellini's job.

worraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 10:26 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
Ennis + Pysyk + Adam for Gagner + Yakupov
DONE NO BACKSIES!!!

Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 10:27 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Don't see the rationale from a Sabres perspective. We have playmakers in our top 6 (Ennis/Hodgson/Pominville/Grigorenko maybe), we need finishers, which means Stafford (also he provides a little size, which we also need). Hemsky is a solid player, but not what we need at all. We need toughness on our back end, so we need McNabb. We already have Pysyk in the system so we really have no need for Klefbom...but we desperately need a guy like McNabb who can bring a physical aspect to the back end.

Without even considering value, the deal just makes no sense from a Sabres perspective.

New Sabres Captain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 10:29 PM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by I3ig13ig View Post

those picks are a wash.....

This is a trade not made by Buffalo.

Last year Satafford clicked with Ennis and Foligno. I am very fesitant trading him for someone like Eberle. Ennis is a passer so Ennis and Hemsky will pass back and forth.

As for the 2 D-men...I dont know much with the oiler D-man....but Buffalo has a significant surplus of D-man who are at AHL level or below who are NHL ready.

I could see this trade if Buffalo was basically trading someone who is due to enter the NHL now for someone who will but 2-3 yrs from now.

As it stands now in terms of players I see this as Buffalo>>Edmonton so something more needs to be added like another player or a #1 pick.

The money owed Hemsky is a big factor in this. If I am not mistaken I think this is Stafford last year on his contract.

Another option would be to throw in another player....like Luke Adam in return for a #1.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2012, 11:19 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
those picks are a wash.....

This is a trade not made by Buffalo.

Last year Satafford clicked with Ennis and Foligno. I am very fesitant trading him for someone like Eberle. Ennis is a passer so Ennis and Hemsky will pass back and forth.

As for the 2 D-men...I dont know much with the oiler D-man....but Buffalo has a significant surplus of D-man who are at AHL level or below who are NHL ready.

I could see this trade if Buffalo was basically trading someone who is due to enter the NHL now for someone who will but 2-3 yrs from now.

As it stands now in terms of players I see this as Buffalo>>Edmonton so something more needs to be added like another player or a #1 pick.

The money owed Hemsky is a big factor in this. If I am not mistaken I think this is Stafford last year on his contract.

Another option would be to throw in another player....like Luke Adam in return for a #1.
Didn't Staffords play drop from the year before, and wasn't there a rumor that he was on the trading block. His name came up in a number of trade rumors towards the trading dead line. Stafford still has 3yrs with a 4mil cap hit.

Old
11-07-2012, 11:23 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogger View Post
I wouldn't worry about it, Oiler fans love overhyping their prospects, Klefbom is 'ok'
Klefbom is a lot better than ok. There have been a few Swedish posters who fill HFOil in on his progress, and at this point, he's looking to be just as good as Jonas Brodin, who is a much better prospect than Mcnabb, and a probable top pair d-man in the future. So unless your definition of ok differs a lot from mine, he's better than ok.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 12:48 AM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Klefbom is a lot better than ok. There have been a few Swedish posters who fill HFOil in on his progress, and at this point, he's looking to be just as good as Jonas Brodin, who is a much better prospect than Mcnabb, and a probable top pair d-man in the future. So unless your definition of ok differs a lot from mine, he's better than ok.
If I remember right, he was getting more TOI then Brodin towards the end of the season and had pass Brodin. If Klefbom had more of a offensive side, there would be no comparison.

Old
11-08-2012, 01:30 AM
HockeyFan100
Welcome to COL!

Oilers should definitely take it. Odds are high for a 1st round pick in this case.

HockeyFan100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 05:58 AM
HiddenInLight

No thanks. I wouldn't want to trade McNabb as we are already light on tough nasty players like McNasty, and Hemsky would never see a single minute on the ice because the first time Hemsky's skate touched the ice at practice Regehr would reflexively destroy him. Regehr really dislikes hemsky.

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 09:01 AM
Blitz
GONNA TAKE ReinHART

Honestly, I think the OP is decent value wise from a Buffalo POV - It just doesn't fit Buffalo's new modus Operandi... Stafford although not as skilled offensively as Hemsky does bring a little more size to the party, whether he utilizes it properly or not is a different story... Drew also has a better track record for injuries/Health. Both are overpaid so we'll call that a wash.

As for Klefbom vs. McNabb - Both d-men possess the same skill-set, McNabb has however developed slower than Klefbom. Due to the current state of the defense in Edmonton, the Oliers would be foolish to make this trade now, maybe in a year or two swapping these two will be a lateral/change of scenery move, but not right now.

Stafford vs. Hemsky -> Buffalo says No, IMO. Not enough of an upgrade for Regier to pull the trigger, coupled with health concerns.

Klefbom vs. McNabb -> Edmonton should say No. If not, Tambo needs to be run out of town...

Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote