HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-13 Lockout Discussion Part VI: The "What Comes Before Square One?" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
11-07-2012, 07:04 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
Quote:
In the meantime, no one should be surprised at amount of time Revenue Sharing (among teams) has taken up last 2 days. Big issue for NHLPA
Quote:
NHLPA's view is that if players costs are going to be reduced, richer teams should also help out struggling teams to reduce other losses...
https://twitter.com/Real_ESPNLeBrun/...44653270425600

They should help the struggling teams. They are in partnership with each other.

Old
11-07-2012, 07:53 PM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
meetings over

Old
11-07-2012, 07:53 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

John Shannon ‏@JSportsnet
Meetings are over for the day. Back at it tomorrow. No word yet on progress.

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun
Neither NHL nor NHLPA meeting with media.

Last edited by Jabroni: 11-07-2012 at 08:02 PM.
Old
11-07-2012, 08:02 PM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun
Neither NHL nor NHLPA meeting with media.

Old
11-07-2012, 08:11 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

I guess this is a good thing? Really taking awhile to get to the make whole discussion.

Old
11-07-2012, 08:24 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
I guess this is a good thing? Really taking awhile to get to the make whole discussion.
I think most, if not all, of the guys with "sources" are probably ************. I also think its wonderful noone is talking to the media or leaking information - that just leads to problems.

Maybe they've discussed the make-whole provision, maybe they havent. Once they settle that and the revenue sharing, any other issues will fall like dominoes.

Old
11-07-2012, 08:26 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Louis Jean ‏@LouisJean_TVA
On the agenda for tomorrow : revenue sharing, make whole provision and player contracting.

Old
11-07-2012, 08:27 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I think most, if not all, of the guys with "sources" are probably ************. I also think its wonderful noone is talking to the media or leaking information - that just leads to problems.

Maybe they've discussed the make-whole provision, maybe they havent. Once they settle that and the revenue sharing, any other issues will fall like dominoes.
I really hope so. Credible reporters are giving different stories; I think they're frustrated to a degree. I just hope all this secret meeting means something. I can't watch anymore of this QMJHL vs Russia crap

Old
11-07-2012, 08:29 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
On the agenda for tomorrow : revenue sharing, make whole provision and player contracting.
I feel like they wouldn't keep meeting if talks weren't going somewhere. I feel as if Bettman and Daly would have walked out by now after all the hours if they did not hear things they liked.

Old
11-07-2012, 08:50 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

pretty glad that there are no media meetings. means nobody is competing for image. no distractions. eat, sleep, and breathing cba. doesn't get them any more attention or give us the ability to interpret what is going on for ourselves.

Old
11-07-2012, 09:10 PM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

OMG MEETINGS??? OMG TWEETS ABOUT THE MEETINGS???!!!!!

you guys are sheep... no offense, but you're the EXACT people Bettman knows will come crawling back; the people that need to change their underwear after every tweet by some random reporter nobody's ever heard of.

don't be a sucker. Just walk away.....

personally I don't care if the sport folds, at this point. I don't care about the players or owners, just as they obviously don't care about us.

Old
11-07-2012, 09:12 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

I bet they're slowly constructing a deal as they go along each meeting. Just putting pieces together. I have a hard time believing they meet for so long just to debate for hours.

Old
11-07-2012, 09:13 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreiMeARiver View Post

you guys are sheep... no offense, but you're the EXACT people Bettman knows will come crawling back; the people that need to change their underwear after every tweet by some random reporter nobody's ever heard of.

personally I don't care if the sport folds, at this point. I don't care about the players or owners, just as they obviously don't care about us.
I'll come back. You did too!

Old
11-07-2012, 09:24 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
Quote:

LOL youre the only sucker here. In fact quite honestly you are the fair wearher fan these lockouts drive away. No one here is getting all worked up about a tweet or a meeting. We do, however, like to have hope because we love the game and this team. WE pour hours of our time into this team, money we earn to watch them, buy their merchandise. We love the rangers, we bleed blue. No one's getting ahead of themselves. Most were here for the last lockout. We know it could all be lost. But like last time we came back, and this organization came so far in a lot of ways. I'll personally always support them. I guess that makes me a "sucker" because I live and die by this sport. But, you, you can go be a basketball fan, we don't need suckers like you.

Last edited by JeffMangum: 11-07-2012 at 09:40 PM.
Old
11-07-2012, 09:29 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:

Well you obviously care enough to be monitoring this thread and taking offense to other fans following the updates that are available through the media. If you really don't care about the league than I can't imagine any of this would bother you.

Old
11-07-2012, 09:56 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:

Great. So if you don't care about the lockout, the players, the owners, why did you bother to check the LOCKOUT thread? You obviously still do care. If you didn't care, you probably wouldn't even be on HF at this point. But yet here you are.

Old
11-07-2012, 10:19 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

james duthie ‏@tsnjamesduthie
I don't read much into vague quotes after complicated meetings, but here's two words from someone in the room today: "There's potential."

11-07-2012, 10:30 PM
Lundsanity30

There has to be alot of progress being made if they met this long for two days in a row and are willing to do it again tomorrow.

Old
11-07-2012, 10:45 PM
mschmidt64

Quote:

I went out and bought three shirts just to help the owners through this trying time.

Old
11-08-2012, 12:19 AM
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 2935
Quote:

It's funny that you have 4500+ posts on a hockey forum that you've been going on for over six years and you call us sheep and suckers. You are exactly like everyone here, so stop lying to yourself.

11-08-2012, 12:54 AM
Giacomin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
There has to be alot of progress being made if they met this long for two days in a row and are willing to do it again tomorrow.
Maybe not. A complex negotiation like this first needs some dialogue. Progress might not occur until the second or third week. I am hoping for a season to start around mid december.

Old
11-08-2012, 01:14 AM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

Just keep meeting, that can only be good news, despite how much is really being accomplished in session.

Old
11-08-2012, 02:27 AM
Callagraves
Block shots

At least they're working.

Don't know why it took so god damn long.

Old
11-08-2012, 04:54 AM
beastly115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
They're actually in there playing Halo 4.

Old
11-08-2012, 05:35 AM
Problematique

Still not looking good to be back before the start of December right? Pissed off as I'm on holiday in the U.S in a few weeks.

When's the deadline for cancelling games in December?

Closed Thread