HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Thread About Nothing Part 182: Take Off Your Pants And Jacket

Closed Thread

Old
11-08-2012, 09:07 AM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

vCash: 476
Jersey guy they do have power. Which is why it pisses me off that she complains. But Anyway, my Brodeur jersey came in the mail. There is a stain on the 30 on the back. How does one remove it and I have to present again about medical malpractice

Old
11-08-2012, 09:09 AM
Jersey Man
Mad Dog

vCash: 500
Last movie I saw in theaters was Batman this summer and before that was the last Harry Potter.

Old
11-08-2012, 09:10 AM
DKQ
Generic User Title

Not big on theatres but I did go to Dark Knight Rises on opening night. Phenomenal movie. Also hoping to go to Skyfall asap (opening night is sold out )

Old
11-08-2012, 09:24 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
Criticize the expense all you like, but America has the best healthcare in the world.

I'm actually significantly surprised you believe this.
If you're rich and have health insurance, sure. If not, then you're ****ed. Ask any doctor, if they're being honest they'll tell you the healthcare system is broken.

And I was mostly joking there, but when Mitch McConnell says that the GOP Congress's main goal is to make Obama a one term president, you have John Boehner refusing any compromise on budgets because of Tea Party pressure, and you have various Republican Senators threatening a record number of filibusters (the nuclear option, you'll remember) over mundane bills that don't require such a disproportionate response, you start to wonder if that really is what they are thinking.

What else is that, other than pure obstructionism and attempting to hold the government hostage due to partisan ideology coming before the good of the country? Mitt Romney even made it a subtle threat during his campaigning, saying that if he loses, the House Republicans will not cooperate with the President and it will wreck the economy. Democrats are certainly not innocent of partisanship, but I have honestly never seen this kind of obstructionism seemingly for the sake of obstructionism from the opposition party.

Old
11-08-2012, 09:42 AM
selyar
Need cupcakes?

The National SWE twitter just RTed SWE NJ about donations for Hurricane Sandy victims.

Old
11-08-2012, 09:45 AM
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv

WrestleMania 29 presale at 10am today!!!!!!!!!!

Presale code is WWEVIP in all caps for those that care.

Last edited by BrodeurRULES: 11-08-2012 at 10:30 AM.
Old
11-08-2012, 10:11 AM
selyar
Need cupcakes?

http://dsc.discovery.com/cars-bikes/...ne-engine.html

Old
11-08-2012, 10:21 AM
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv

O YA I GOT TICKETS I AM GOING!!!!!!!!!!!! Its just one of those things I have to go to even if I haven't had much time for it lately do to work.

Old
11-08-2012, 10:23 AM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeurRULES View Post
O YA I GOT TICKET I AM GOING!!!!!!!!!!!! Its just one of those things I have to go to even if I haven't had much time for it lately do to work.
youre talking about wrestling, right?

Old
11-08-2012, 10:25 AM
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
youre talking about wrestling, right?
Yes I am

Old
11-08-2012, 10:43 AM
njdevsfn95
Help Vas, Sprite.

In other news, when we **** up this planet we can go all Independence Day on this one...maybe...

I picked this link because of the use of the term "boffins" http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/11...lanet_closeby/

Also, we landed on the moon and may do so again, maybe

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2092045.html

Old
11-08-2012, 10:56 AM
Darius Dangleaitis
Padowan Kovalchuk

The first planet we colonize must be named Reach.

Old
11-08-2012, 11:31 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevsfn95 View Post
In other news, when we **** up this planet we can go all Independence Day on this one...maybe...

I picked this link because of the use of the term "boffins" http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/11...lanet_closeby/

Also, we landed on the moon and may do so again, maybe

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2092045.html
I was just going to post this. Not surprised you beat me with the science news.

I wasn't even aware that this isn't the only potentially habitable planet found thus far.

Also, following Darius's point, they definitely need better names. Kepler-22b and HD40307g aren't that cool of names.

Old
11-08-2012, 11:53 AM
njdevsfn95
Help Vas, Sprite.

So far these planets have been seen by their influence on the stars movement or light. I would imagine real names would come when we have a picture of them.

Anyway, my brothers community college soccer team (hes the keeper coach) is currently playing the #1 team in the country (they are #6) at nationals. 0-0 at half time and what song do they play? Call Me Maybe. People still know that song exists?

Also, why #1 isn't playing #8 in the quarterfinals is beyond me. If my brothers team makes the final, they will have beaten #1 and either #2 or #4. Someone should be shot for setting up the bracket this way.

Old
11-08-2012, 11:55 AM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevsfn95 View Post
So far these planets have been seen by their influence on the stars movement or light. I would imagine real names would come when we have a picture of them.

Anyway, my brothers community college soccer team (hes the keeper coach) is currently playing the #1 team in the country (they are #6) at nationals. 0-0 at half time and what song do they play? Call Me Maybe. People still know that song exists?

Also, why #1 isn't playing #8 in the quarterfinals is beyond me. If my brothers team makes the final, they will have beaten #1 and either #2 or #4. Someone should be shot for setting up the bracket this way.
delete soccer. problem solved.

Old
11-08-2012, 12:20 PM
CerebralGenesis

Quote:
delete soccer. problem solved.
holla holla holla playa

Old
11-08-2012, 12:36 PM
selyar
Need cupcakes?

i wish i was at the SWE conference

Old
11-08-2012, 01:16 PM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliDevil View Post
I'm sure if you go back in a month they won't even notice. Not a big deal at all.
Exactly. Even worse is when someone gets banned from Giants Stadium. HTH are you going to enforce that, retinal scanners? lol

Quote:
you have to be trolling at this point, right? you can’t honestly believe that? Italy, France and Spain off the top of my head have better healthcare, all things considered.
No, they dont, and it's not even close.

When you hear "America has teh worstest health care on deh planetz everz" from people (as you often do), it's nearly always from someone who wants to greatly change our current system, and/or an Obamacare supporter, and/or someone who truly has simply never studied healthcare on a global level to accurately be able to make a fair comparison. But what do I know? I've only spent my entire career in healthcare from direct patient care to medical research funding/accounting to investing in healthcare companies on Wall Street and analyzing FDA/CDC/CMS/NHS/EMA regulations and polices. Whatever. I'm done with this topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Democrats are certainly not innocent of partisanship, but I have honestly never seen this kind of obstructionism seemingly for the sake of obstructionism from the opposition party.
Then you didnt look for it, because you didnt care, because it was your favored party doing the obstructing. BOTH parties do this all the time, the Democrats did it largely for all 8 Bush years, and the Republicans will do it largely for all 8 Obama years. Both are to blame. It's typical.

But if want to believe that only Republicans obstruct the other parties agenda in divided government or believe a form of "they do it way, way more, no really, it's not even close how much more they do it", I'll leave you to it. I do realize that's an oft repeated media narrative and sexy to those who wish to demonize "the other side" in politics. Personally, I'm mostly happy with a divided government that isn't able to pass many laws. It's what the Founding Fathers intended, and they've mostly proved to be smarter than us (and without the internet).

Old
11-08-2012, 01:33 PM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

Quote:
Exactly. Even worse is when someone gets banned from Giants Stadium. HTH are you going to enforce that, retinal scanners? lol
they scan your drivers license, and while you may be able to get back in, if you are caught again, it can be considered trespassing.

Quote:
When you hear "America has teh worstest health care on deh planetz everz" from people (as you often do), it's nearly always from someone who wants to greatly change our current system, and/or an Obamacare supporter, and/or someone who truly has simply never studied healthcare on a global level to accurately be able to make a fair comparison.
statements like that make me very sad for the future. nowhere did I say we have the worst healthcare in the world. ALL THINGS CONSIDERED, its not terrible. but there are a ton of shortcomings. talk about cost. about stressing PREVENTATIVE healthcare instead of reactive healthcare (look at France for an example). what is healthcare? is it going to a doctor’s office? or is it assisting a new mother, in person, while the government (taxes) foot the bill? what about prescription costs?

I could’ve easily called you bill o'reilly after reading your statement, made fun of the red-white-blue goggles you seem to wear. but I didn’t. you, however, did. you probably thought ‘heres a guy who occupied wall street’ then you posted an ‘internet resume’ and called it a day. brilliant. I’ll leave you with these ‘terrifying’ thoughts- other countries have better healthcare. others countries have better education. other countries are better than ours, and im not just talking economy. are we the worst? nope. are we the best? far from it.

Old
11-08-2012, 01:47 PM
njdevsfn95
Help Vas, Sprite.

How far, MartyOwns?

A few feet?

Old
11-08-2012, 01:57 PM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

dont even get me started on not using the metric system. just another problem with this damn country..

Old
11-08-2012, 02:04 PM
EliasFTW

Quote:
dont even get me started on not using the metric system. just another problem with this damn country..
Merica is the original hipster.

Old
11-08-2012, 02:14 PM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
sharp angle try

vCash: 160
Quote:
you know Canadians often cite feet and inches right?

I wish we used stones - that sounds so cool.

Pie can't compete with cake. Put candles in a cake it's a birthday cake. Put candles in a pie, someone's drunk in the kitchen. - Jim Gaffigan
Old
11-08-2012, 02:18 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

Quote:
(look at France for an example)it.
I take it you've never talked to someone from France about healthcare, because all the ones I have called it the worst thing since Stalin, in no polite terms.

Old
11-08-2012, 02:21 PM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes 81 View Post
I take it you've never talked to someone from France about healthcare, because all the ones I have called it the worst thing since Stalin, in no polite terms.
in the same vein, I’ve spoken to Canadians who do not embody the ‘waiting for 5 years for a surgery’ or whatever else horsepoop we’ve been fed…at all. they love it (I have family in Toronto). and some people in canada hate it.

people are going to like and hate things, inevitable. I mean, do you think there are Americans who HATE the system we have here? you better believe it. but if you look up, as a whole, country rankings on healthcare, I would bet the weird, stringy skin between my 2 bouldernuts france is ahead of us.

edit- yeah they are

Last edited by MartyOwns: 11-08-2012 at 02:37 PM.
Closed Thread