HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, and NHL revenues.

Phoenix LXIV: Will You Still Need Me, Will You Still Read Me, on Thread LXIV?

Closed Thread

Old
11-08-2012, 01:17 AM
Evil Doctor
Army Recruit

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killion View Post
... rather doubt that. Rather than a Marriage Certificate Im thinkin more along the possible lines of a Restraining Order. Woman scorned of a "certain age"? Yikeroonee's.
Yay, you anticipated my punchline!

Old
11-08-2012, 01:31 AM
Killion
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Doctor View Post
Yay, you anticipated my punchline!
... you are "evil".

Ive got 5 ex-wives to pay for and here you are working
on what, #1, 2 or 3? Ya think yer crazier than me?

Good luck Doc..

Old
11-08-2012, 01:35 AM
Evil Doctor
Army Recruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegend View Post
And here I thought mocking fans of teams was supposed to be off limits???

They're not mocking fans, they're mocking Fallar. He's a human self-parody, an escapee from a Monty Python sketch. One just has to quote him and the joke writes itself.

With Lieberman retired and Clark defeated, all we have left is Fallar who so graciously strings himself up pinata style and hands us the bat...

Old
11-08-2012, 07:00 AM
Whileee

Quote:
You have one major flaw in your argument Whillee.... And that was up until the Jamison bid, Scruggs was right up front leading the charge to offer anything to keep the franchise in that arena. She championed the CFD for Reinsdorf, she championed the $100M parking bonds for Hulsizer.

Beasley worked for the council..... they hired him and they had the power to fire him..... and she was the head of that council. Remember that the council had dozens upon dozens of closed door meetings with the city manager over the past three years. There were plenty of opportunities for her to question Beasley on the status of negotiations, so if she wasn't aware of what Beasley was doing then it was her own fault.
That's exactly what I wrote, TL. Scruggs had been a major supporter. The question is, what turned her against Beasley and the Jamison deal? Reading between the lines, her major public complaints have been Beasley's secretive work, his refusal to provide information on the real costs of managing the arena, and Jamison's refusal to communicate with her. In addition to that, she seems to have become particularly sensitive to cutting jobs and services as the financial crisis settled in and forced Glendale to choose budget priorities. Maybe there were other issues as well, but something turned her from "pro" to "anti-". In any case, it is one of the more interesting sub-plots to the saga. Why did Scruggs turn?

Old
11-08-2012, 07:02 AM
Whileee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killion View Post
... Im thinkin Whileee subscribes to my own propensities, "Hell Hath no Fury"... telling; yes Legend?.
Quote:
Yup......

Ummm... I can hear you, K. Maybe whisper next time.

Old
11-08-2012, 08:02 AM
metalfoot
Karlsson!

You know, I should have been collecting some of the salient points here from the Glendale saga and used that as the basis for my November novel as part of NaNoWriMo. There's a gripping municipal thriller here.

Interesting to read the new complexion of council and the tax passing. Why, if the Yotes leave and the tax stays, Glendale *might* be able to step back from the brink of bankruptcy!

Old
11-08-2012, 08:37 AM
CasualFan
Tortious Beadicus

Quote:
Chavira's people were passing out copies of a hit piece the AZ Republic ran at Clark over the audit two days before the election. That article was incomplete, and innaccurate, but it provided the Chavira campaign with ammunition for election day.
Oh brother, are you calling this a "hit piece"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major4Boarding
By the way, the link above in the quote regarding the Audit being obtained is bunk so i'm posting a working link here http://www.azcentral.com/community/g...6-million.html

The audit said staff did not follow rules and regulations, or keep the Board of Trustees, which oversees the fund, informed about the transfers. However, the audit noted the council was told about one transfer before it happened and others afterward.

The board, which is chaired by Councilwoman Joyce Clark, was presented with the audit in early October.

Clark said the board should have been better informed, according to a transcript its Oct. 4 meeting.

Clark at one point said the audit was nitpicky. But at other points, she scolded staff for the lack of information sharing. "Shame on you," she said.

The councilwoman did not respond to The Republic's requests for further comment.
Maybe you've never seen an actual hit piece?

Here's a few things to look for:
1) The subject is not contacted for comment
2) Other sources are contacted, they say negative things about the subject
3) It's authored by a features writer, not the city beat reporter
4) It embellishes events disproprotionately
5) It includes a hit, you know, something injurious

So which part of the article, oh excuse me, which part of the "hit piece", exactly, is inaccurate and incomplete? Seems like standard reporting of another Glendale blunder from here. Perhaps the fringe needs to invent an evil plot de jour to help them cope with the battering Clark took at the polls?

Old
11-08-2012, 08:46 AM
CasualFan
Tortious Beadicus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Doctor View Post
With Lieberman retired and Clark defeated, all we have left is Fallar who so graciously strings himself up pinata style and hands us the bat...
Norma. Alvarez.

Old
11-08-2012, 10:56 AM
ajmidd12
Know-It-All

vCash: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasualFan View Post
Norma. Alvarez.
Except they have been smart to fly under the radar, Fallar throws himself at the mercy of the public daily with his ramblings.

Sounds like a spitting image of Joyce TBH.

Old
11-08-2012, 11:29 AM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

Doing some research on the new Mayor, I suspect the dogs will be done sooner then later

Old
11-08-2012, 12:29 PM
cbcwpg

vCash: 350
She's Back

Joyce Clark @clarkjv
Blocking trolls as we speak. I refuse to be intimidated. Thanks to everyone for your good wishes and support. Now free to speak as I wish.
less than 20 seconds ago

Joyce Clark @clarkjv
I'm back on Twitter. Took self off because of trolls. Will stay as long as comfortable.
9 minutes ago

Old
11-08-2012, 01:12 PM
checkerdome

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcwpg View Post
She's Back

Joyce Clark @clarkjv
Blocking trolls as we speak. I refuse to be intimidated. Thanks to everyone for your good wishes and support. Now free to speak as I wish.
less than 20 seconds ago

Joyce Clark @clarkjv
I'm back on Twitter. Took self off because of trolls. Will stay as long as comfortable.
9 minutes ago
I assume Ms. Clark defines "trolls" as anyone who disagrees with her positions on political issues.

Especially hispanics.

Old
11-08-2012, 01:26 PM
ajmidd12
Know-It-All

^ OOOOO calling Hispanics trolls isn't very nice I thought insulting hispanics wasn't allowed here? Or does that only apply to Coyotes fans?

Old
11-08-2012, 01:33 PM
checkerdome

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmidd12 View Post
^ OOOOO calling Hispanics trolls isn't very nice I thought insulting hispanics wasn't allowed here? Or does that only apply to Coyotes fans?
I'm not referring to hispanics as trolls.

I'm merely extrapolating from Ms. Clark's track record with how she perceives hispanics, and anyone who opposes her political views.

Old
11-08-2012, 01:33 PM
Slashers98
HFB Partner

Well, now I am officially blocked! Keep on trolling

Old
11-08-2012, 01:35 PM
Killion
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whileee View Post
Ummm... I can hear you, K. Maybe whisper next time.
... oops. Sorry Whileee
Whisper to a Scream - Icicle Works

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HmPW2kTJao

Old
11-08-2012, 01:39 PM
mzappa
Jets fans in space

vCash: 50
Congrats!!!!

Any recommendations on my move to troll her?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashers98 View Post
Well, now I am officially blocked! Keep on trolling

Old
11-08-2012, 01:56 PM
cbcwpg

Joyce Clark ‏@clarkjv
If I don't know you, you are GONE. I mistakenly block you sent an email and I will unblock.

Joyce Clark ‏@clarkjv
Trust me....unfiltered it will be. Catch me on Roc and Manuch this afternoon at 3:15 pm

This might actually be interesting....or good for a chuckle... to hear what she has to say. I suspect it will be a "blame everyone else" kind of discussion.

Old
11-08-2012, 02:08 PM
mzappa
Jets fans in space

vCash: 50
Someone PLEASE get a transcript!

Quote:
Joyce Clark ‏@clarkjv
If I don't know you, you are GONE. I mistakenly block you sent an email and I will unblock.

Joyce Clark ‏@clarkjv
Trust me....unfiltered it will be. Catch me on Roc and Manuch this afternoon at 3:15 pm

This might actually be interesting....or good for a chuckle... to hear what she has to say. I suspect it will be a "blame everyone else" kind of discussion.

Old
11-08-2012, 02:24 PM
Tinalera

Judging by her tone, it sounds like she's going be throwing some bodies under the bus.

Old
11-08-2012, 02:44 PM
ajmidd12
Know-It-All

Haha she is a piece of work, the only person she has to blame for her defeat was because she put her foot in her mouth in insulting Chavarez.

A smart business person she is not.

Old
11-08-2012, 03:02 PM
checkerdome

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmidd12 View Post
Haha she is a piece of work, the only person she has to blame for her defeat was because she put her foot in her mouth in insulting Chavarez.

A smart business person she is not.
No doubt Ms. Clark's take on her defeat will be that she's the only person Not to blame, unless it's for being too honest and trusting, while not succeeding at fighting back the conspiracies against her.

Last edited by checkerdome: 11-08-2012 at 03:08 PM.
Old
11-08-2012, 03:17 PM
cbcwpg

The firefighters were placing these signs around.

Last edited by cbcwpg: 02-12-2013 at 02:18 PM.
Old
11-08-2012, 03:19 PM
checkerdome

Quote:
The firefighters were placing these signs around.
Who's the pig supposed to be?

Old
11-08-2012, 03:22 PM
CasualFan
Tortious Beadicus

Quote:
Originally Posted by preissingg View Post
No doubt Ms. Clark's take on her defeat will be that she's the only person Not to blame, unless it's for being too honest and trusting, while not succeeding at fighting back the conspiracies against her.
She's right. It was an elaborate work pulled off by a shadowy syndicate that is determined to destroy the Phoenix Coyotes. We know it includes the evil Canadian media, Goldwater, local hit pieces, a bridge burning backstabbing mayor, collusion by attorney general and judges, plus the phantom menace of the Phoenix Monarch Group.

This is definitely not just the logical turnover of one small town council after they approved a series of disastrous financial decisions the decimated the budget. It's much bigger than that, so put down Occum's Razor before you cut yourself. This is a multi-level, international conspiracy. And everyone is in on it. The fate of the Coyotes is a critical issue for everyone on the entire planet. They are not just a struggling entertainment business in an untenable market.

I made a call so we can get to the bottom of this once and for all. My friends are on the way. Look:

Closed Thread