HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edmonton Boston Major blockbuster

Old
11-08-2012, 09:42 AM
Booyakasha
Nailinus Omarkupov

vCash: 1240
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
To Boston
Taylor Hall
Nail Yakupov

To Edmonton
Dougie Hamilton
Tyler Seguin
Boston would have to add.

...this is why I rarely come to the main trade board.
who would be asking for this trade anyway? would Peter Chiarelli be calling Edmonton?, I don't think Tambellini would be on the horn to Boston about this...
why?,just why would this get proposed?
Hall>Seguin, and Yakupov would get you more than Hamilton.

Booyakasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 09:42 AM
Petro Points

vCash: 885
wow.... can we just start hockey..
pointless proposal that has 0% chance of actually happening.

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 09:44 AM
BudMovin*
Mung Dealer

vCash: 500
Pretty fair trade. It's nice to see someone understand you have to give talent in order to get talent. I still think for reasons stated above both teams say no.

BudMovin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 09:49 AM
Eennad142

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom foolery View Post
Boston would have to add.
...this is why I rarely come to the main trade board.
who would be asking for this trade anyway? would Peter Chiarelli be calling Edmonton?, I don't think Tambellini would be on the horn to Boston about this...
why?,just why would this get proposed?
Hall>Seguin, and Yakupov would get you more than Hamilton.
See, this is where the dots don't always get connected in the correct manner. Seguin>Hall, and Hamilton< > Yakupov tradeoff. Chiarelli would not be accepting the collect call on this one.

Eennad142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 09:57 AM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eennad142 View Post
See, this is where the dots don't always get connected in the correct manner. Seguin>Hall, and Hamilton< > Yakupov tradeoff. Chiarelli would not be accepting the collect call on this one.
I don't think this is a black and white thing tho. Hamilton is worth far more to us than Yakupov would be, we already have Seguin, and no top four D prospects after Hamilton.
Hall/Yakupov would be fantastic, but not a chance I trade Seguin for Hall, and I most likely wouldnt trade Hamilton for Yakupov.

Compared to the rest of the league I think Seguin > Hall and Yakupov > Hamilton value wise, but I think its close in both instances. Boston doesnt touch this deal tho, makes no sense with our organizational depth as it is.

Tim Vezina Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 10:04 AM
Oilin Toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Vezina Thomas View Post
I don't think this is a black and white thing tho. Hamilton is worth far more to us than Yakupov would be, we already have Seguin, and no top four D prospects after Hamilton.
Hall/Yakupov would be fantastic, but not a chance I trade Seguin for Hall, and I most likely wouldnt trade Hamilton for Yakupov.

Compared to the rest of the league I think Seguin > Hall and Yakupov > Hamilton value wise, but I think its close in both instances. Boston doesnt touch this deal tho, makes no sense with our organizational depth as it is.
You know...deep down inside, you would do that in a heartbeat.

Thread is getting ridiculous!!!

Oilin Toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 10:10 AM
BruinsNeedaRussian

vCash: 1340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilin Toronto View Post

Everyone knows Yakupov has more value, but it is debatable if Boston takes that swap. We have no other highend D prospects. Dougie is much more needed than Yakupov.

BruinsNeedaRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 10:10 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Excuse me?!?!?!?

Edmonton gives up their backbone and the best sniper they've had since before half of them members on these boards were ever born?!?!

OK, show me a proven #1 d-man, Hanzal and Luongo and I won't laugh.

No, really. I AM drunk right now... so I really can't see the humor or sarcasm in this post.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 10:17 AM
Eennad142

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsNeedaRussian View Post
Everyone knows Yakupov has more value, but it is debatable if Boston takes that swap. We have no other highend D prospects. Dougie is much more needed than Yakupov.
That would be the case only if you believe that offence presents more value than defense. In this case, both Hamilton & Yakupov are franchise-level prospects.

Eennad142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 10:41 AM
missinthejets

Quote:
Originally Posted by 416Leafer View Post
Hmm I think Boston would say no and Edmonton would say yes...

Centres/D are worth more than wingers. Edmonton also happens to need another top 6 C and a top pairing D, so it would give them exactly what they need.
If that were true then why were Hall and Yakupov taken number 1 overall while the other guys weren't?

You know what the most valuable thing in terms of prospects is? Goal scoring. You can't teach that. You can teach guys to play defense though, but you just can't teach that natural goal scoring ability. That's why the goalscorers generally go first on draft day, and defensemen can come from just about anywhere in the draft.

missinthejets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 10:45 AM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilin Toronto View Post

Absolutely would not. I value Seguin more than Hall, and am very high on Hamilton.

Old
11-08-2012, 10:47 AM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by missinthejets View Post
If that were true then why were Hall and Yakupov taken number 1 overall while the other guys weren't?

You know what the most valuable thing in terms of prospects is? Goal scoring. You can't teach that. You can teach guys to play defense though, but you just can't teach that natural goal scoring ability. That's why the goalscorers generally go first on draft day, and defensemen can come from just about anywhere in the draft.
So Erik Johnson is more valuable than Jonathan Toews?

Comes down to who is more valuable to the Bruins right now, and Hamilton is worth more than Yakupov would be.

Old
11-08-2012, 11:05 AM
Leafs87
Mr. Steal Your Job

Quote:
Originally Posted by 416Leafer View Post
Hmm I think Boston would say no and Edmonton would say yes...

Centres/D are worth more than wingers. Edmonton also happens to need another top 6 C and a top pairing D, so it would give them exactly what they need.

I also don't think there are any huge discrepencies potential wise in this trade. If Hall becomes something like Nash/Iginla and Hamilton becomes something like Weber/Chara... I'll take the Weber/Chara. Same goes for Ovechkin-lite vs PPG well rounded centreman.

Not to mention Edm would STILL have Eberle has an arguable franchise winger to go along with RNH/Seguin up front. Gives them a much more balanced line-up with high potential pieces in really important positions.

It's funny because seguin has never played center in the NHL. Also hall is a better player and was taken ahead of seguin 2 years ago and I doubt Edmonton regrets it, just wait until hall plays a full season. Yakupov for Hamilton is laughable, yakupov is the best prospect in the world, and Hamilton is great but not quite on yakupovs level.

Your second last paragraph was just purely dumb.

Leafs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 11:38 AM
Booyakasha
Nailinus Omarkupov

vCash: 1240
Quote:
Chiarelli would be making the call to make this deal...not the other way around
take a step back and think about it....why would Tambellini make a call when he already chose Hall ahead of Seguin?, and throw in Yak to get a D-man, even if it may be Hamilton, ..Yak would get more back then that.
you may not agree, but sorry it's true. connect the dots , as you say, and it will come clear for you.
i'm here to help.

Booyakasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 11:48 AM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

vCash: 1220
Edmonton says no quite easily.

Hall = Seguin (look at the career stats, overall OR rate before you come to premature conclusions)
Yakupov > Hamilton

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 11:56 AM
JustinCider

I don't see either team doing this. Hall is already a huge part of this team, and we already passed on Seguin, both players are going to be good. One's an Oiler, one's a Bruin, move on. So really the question is...

Yakupov

for

Hamilton

It's a forward for a dman... I like Hamilton a lot, I see him as a lot like Alex Pietrangelo, but not proven yet. Just like Yakupov is unproven, he also fits a need in Edmonton, a sniper. This team hasn't had a 40 goal scorer in over 20 years. Yak may be that guy. Both players are going to be real good, but I like Edmonton's D core going forward...

Top 4

J. Schultz
O. Klefbom
L. Smid
J. Petry

I like that D, it has a little of everything, it's obviously a little to tell, but I think Edmonton is going to be fine when it comes to their D.

JustinCider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 11:59 AM
WarriorofTime

You guys are silly. Yakupov is the top prospect in hockey.

WarriorofTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 12:02 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Lets assume Hall and Seguin are a wash. Is there anyone out there that would take Hamilton ahead of Yakupov at this point?

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 12:02 PM
Oates2Neely

Hamilton would instantly become the rock on Edmonton's blueline for the next decade +

Seguin would challenge Nugent-Hopkins for top line center. Seguin has been spoon fed icetime gradually, still hasnt seen regular time on the 1st unit PP (didnt see any time on PP rookie year), & Julien rolls his lines fairly evenly, while preaching 'back-check' to his forwards in an ultra-defensive system. Seguin has yet to be unleashed offensively as the young Oiler forwards have in Edm.

Hall is a dynamic player, he also represents a new beginning for the Oilers, drafted #1 overall, it's sill to even put his name in a trade proposal. Same for Seguin, same for Yak, same for Dougie,, all these kids represent too much to their respective teams.

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 12:06 PM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
Lets assume Hall and Seguin are a wash. Is there anyone out there that would take Hamilton ahead of Yakupov at this point?
That depends on your teams needs. Boston for example, who has Lucic Horton Seguin & Marchand on its wings, perhaps would prefer Hamilton to Yak because they have no top-end defensive depth in their system. Therefore Hamilton fills a huge Organizational need..whereas despite Yakupovs talent, Boston is ok at wing.

Old
11-08-2012, 12:08 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
That depends on your teams needs. Boston for example, who has Lucic Horton Seguin & Marchand on its wings, perhaps would prefer Hamilton to Yak because they have no top-end defensive depth in their system. Therefore Hamilton fills a huge Organizational need..whereas despite Yakupovs talent, Boston is ok at wing.
Forget team needs. People often preach drafting BPA, let's use that approach.

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 12:31 PM
nycbruins*

Big no from boston. Injury prone & unproven wingers aren't what boston needs. Their current poster boy & the top d prospect in the world are what they need. And yes, i will wait until hall plays a fulk season. Others might be waiting a while too.
Roll your eyes elsewhere. Boston doesn't accept this deal at all.

nycbruins* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 12:51 PM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
Forget team needs. People often preach drafting BPA, let's use that approach.
Umm this is a trade proposal thread, not a draft thread. Teams 'trade' for needs, not BPA

Old
11-08-2012, 01:06 PM
ManByng
Moroz fan

Quote:
more like Hall <> Seguin. i don't think one has developed beyond the other so far in their careers, Hall has just been injured....no injury last year, Hall gets many more goals and perhaps a few more points than Seguin.

ManByng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 01:06 PM
rockinghockey

EDM is not going to trade any of the following players Hall, Eberle, RNH, Yak, Schultz, and Klefbom.

The player that would interest me in BOS would be Krejci as he would be the perfect 2C for out team. Does EDM have the assets to get Krejci. I am thinking of a package of the following players:
Hemsky- Yes he has an injury history but did get the surgery done and is playing over seas healthy and producing at a high rate. He would be a very nice addition in BOS as BOS does not have a winger of his caliber.

Gagner- He would make a very nice 2C behind Bergeron and allow Seguin to continue to develop on the wing and give your team more depth.

Prospects and picks - EDM is very deep in prospects that might interest BOS; Marincin, Gernat, Lander, Pitlick, PRV to mention a few.

I would be willing to over pay for Krejci as it would fill a big need for our team.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote