HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

So who is bummed about the lockout? II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-08-2012, 08:44 AM
  #301
nickschultzfan
Registered User
 
nickschultzfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,931
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
The pundits on Twitter seem to think there will be resolution one way or the other fairly soon. The talks either have to lead to an agreement or hit a wall. I am just hoping the tone of Fehr implies the former.

I wonder if his players told him to cool it and get back in the room.
I am not sure the players have any idea. Whenever there are is a quote by a player, it's like they haven't picked up a newspaper and are only going by Fehr's line.

Fehr's such an idiot. He's going to end up with a deal that he could have got in August. All he did was lose money for the player he is supposed to represent.

nickschultzfan is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 09:04 AM
  #302
Jarick
Doing Nothing
 
Jarick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 25,032
vCash: 500
I doubt it. We've already seen the NHL move from 49% to 50% to 50% plus "make whole".

Jarick is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 10:53 AM
  #303
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots
 
bozak911's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
I am not sure the players have any idea. Whenever there are is a quote by a player, it's like they haven't picked up a newspaper and are only going by Fehr's line.

Fehr's such an idiot. He's going to end up with a deal that he could have got in August. All he did was lose money for the player he is supposed to represent.
Although I cannot "confirm" it with a "source", I can tell you that when the NHL threw out the original offer to shift the make whole to the owners share, it was NOT communicated out to the players.

When the NHL "leaked" it shortly after the WC was canceled... there were some mighty pissed off players.

bozak911 is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 11:24 AM
  #304
forthewild
Registered User
 
forthewild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozak911 View Post
Although I cannot "confirm" it with a "source", I can tell you that when the NHL threw out the original offer to shift the make whole to the owners share, it was NOT communicated out to the players.

When the NHL "leaked" it shortly after the WC was canceled... there were some mighty pissed off players.
so what you are saying is when the owners proposed the offer, all players had to do was fire back with a "you absorb the make whole, and we would have had traction?

man this would be so epic if it blew up on the players in a way where "Fehr is such a great communicator, everyone is informed" end up being "majority of us players knew nothing of this deal, Mr. Fehr has withheld information from us and cost us money we will never get back, we feel he is not fit to lead"

forthewild is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 11:34 AM
  #305
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots
 
bozak911's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by forthewild View Post
so what you are saying is when the owners proposed the offer, all players had to do was fire back with a "you absorb the make whole", and we would have had traction?

man this would be so epic if it blew up on the players in a way where "Fehr is such a great communicator, everyone is informed" end up being "majority of us players knew nothing of this deal, Mr. Fehr has withheld information from us and cost us money we will never get back, we feel he is not fit to lead"
re, the bold; Most of the lower and mid tier players wanted this explained to them in detail. The upper tier players like Toews, threw this out immediately and didn't even bother to tell their leadership to negotiate on this point, as a counter proposal.

I dunno, dude... The only first hand information I had was sitting at a table where Jamie McBain was talking to a couple of his friends. Everything else has been related to me as second hand information from one of those friends. Not a lot has been related since he (McBain) signed over in Europe.

On Tuesday night, I chatted with another guy that is "connected" to a couple of guys that work at the X. First, as DaCosta tweeted, they were all informed to put the ice back down after the Madonna concert. Some of the arena staff were informed that there was a strong possibility of the Black Friday game being held, but then were also informed that isn't set in stone.

I take everything I hear from these sources with a grain of salt. Why? Until I have a chance to witness the chummy conversations between a guy I skate with and Darby, I wouldn't guarantee the veracity of said conversation. It could just be bloviating by a dude that wants to feel "important".

bozak911 is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 02:52 PM
  #306
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots
 
bozak911's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,911
vCash: 500
****.

I just received a text from the girl I know that works for a sports agency in Chicago...

"Dude. D.Fehr is ****ing killing us..."

bozak911 is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 03:20 PM
  #307
00xtremeninja
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
00xtremeninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Source Comic & Games
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,647
vCash: 435
so we can expect the cancellation of the season this weekend?

00xtremeninja is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 03:22 PM
  #308
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots
 
bozak911's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,911
vCash: 500
hellifiknow...

bozak911 is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 03:23 PM
  #309
00xtremeninja
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
00xtremeninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Source Comic & Games
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,647
vCash: 435
well i guess we see when we see

00xtremeninja is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 03:23 PM
  #310
Jarick
Doing Nothing
 
Jarick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 25,032
vCash: 500
Quote:
Pierre LeBrun
NHLPA's offered concept to NHL on Make Whole would see players go down to 50-50 of HRR by Year 3. So there's a phase-in element to it
They are speaking the same language now, it seems.

Jarick is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 03:30 PM
  #311
00xtremeninja
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
00xtremeninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Source Comic & Games
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,647
vCash: 435
sounds good to me, where do i sign?

00xtremeninja is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 03:34 PM
  #312
rafterman
Registered User
 
rafterman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Flyover country
Posts: 594
vCash: 590
Has it been confirmed anywhere that the PA has even agreed to linkage yet ?

rafterman is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 04:02 PM
  #313
HobeyBroten
Registered User
 
HobeyBroten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Location: Location:
Country: United States
Posts: 380
vCash: 500
I kind of wish the news about the PA making two offers yesterday did not come out. This suspense is killing me!! I would have of much rather been surprised with whichever decision the league makes after this. Crossing fingers this is IT!

HobeyBroten is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 04:32 PM
  #314
forthewild
Registered User
 
forthewild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,818
vCash: 500
i kinda have the feeling if today ends badly season is gone.... and thats when the real ****storm will actually start.

man what a way to kill a sport

forthewild is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 04:38 PM
  #315
nickschultzfan
Registered User
 
nickschultzfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,931
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozak911 View Post
Although I cannot "confirm" it with a "source", I can tell you that when the NHL threw out the original offer to shift the make whole to the owners share, it was NOT communicated out to the players.

When the NHL "leaked" it shortly after the WC was canceled... there were some mighty pissed off players.
I am a attorney. If I didn't give the complete details of a settlement offer to a client, I could get disbarred.

If this is true, it wouldn't surprise but, but Fehr should have he head taken off by the players.

nickschultzfan is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 04:43 PM
  #316
Jarick
Doing Nothing
 
Jarick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 25,032
vCash: 500
Let's not get carried away. There is a point where spreading rumors without a valid source is a violation of the rules.

Jarick is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 05:23 PM
  #317
elnewby
We got em'!
 
elnewby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: MN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,755
vCash: 50
Fehr to address the Media in 10 mins.

Cross your fingers.

https://twitter.com/reporterchris/st...81838372794368

elnewby is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 05:27 PM
  #318
rynryn
Progress to the Mean
 
rynryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 24,077
vCash: 50
they didn't say it was a joint address...so...

rynryn is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 05:43 PM
  #319
elnewby
We got em'!
 
elnewby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: MN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,755
vCash: 50
Well, nothing came out of that. BUT, the two sides will meet again tomorrow.

As long as they keep on talking, I suppose that is somewhat good news. Internal meeting going on tonight as well.

Somewhat....

https://twitter.com/Russostrib/statu...87208302452736

elnewby is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 06:00 PM
  #320
00xtremeninja
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
00xtremeninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Source Comic & Games
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,647
vCash: 435
oh man this would make my weekend if this happened.

00xtremeninja is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 06:37 PM
  #321
squidz*
dun worry he's cool
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: South of the Border
Country: United States
Posts: 11,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
I am a attorney. If I didn't give the complete details of a settlement offer to a client, I could get disbarred.

If this is true, it wouldn't surprise but, but Fehr should have he head taken off by the players.
If you look at the history of the NHLPA, the leadership directly lying to the players is far more common than any truth coming through. The only union head they've ever had that was upfront with them was fired in the middle of the night by a secret ballot of select players who were told they were voting on something a bit different than reality held.

Remember, in 2004 the players wanted to vote on whether to accept the league's proposal (with many today saying they would have taken the deal) but Goodenow never allowed them to vote.

However, the players are likely to give Fehr a lot of leniency on account of their extreme disorganization (they've had 4 different union heads in the past 3.25 years) and his experience. I wouldn't be surprised to see them immediately replace him once a CBA is completed, but I think they really do need him right now, even if he's doing them significant harm.

squidz* is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 06:47 PM
  #322
forthewild
Registered User
 
forthewild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
If you look at the history of the NHLPA, the leadership directly lying to the players is far more common than any truth coming through. The only union head they've ever had that was upfront with them was fired in the middle of the night by a secret ballot of select players who were told they were voting on something a bit different than reality held.

Remember, in 2004 the players wanted to vote on whether to accept the league's proposal (with many today saying they would have taken the deal) but Goodenow never allowed them to vote.

However, the players are likely to give Fehr a lot of leniency on account of their extreme disorganization (they've had 4 different union heads in the past 3.25 years) and his experience. I wouldn't be surprised to see them immediately replace him once a CBA is completed, but I think they really do need him right now, even if he's doing them significant harm.
seriously now we're turning hear say into some conspiracy theory that Fehr is lying and taking the union hostage, seriously Squidz i know you hate the PA but damn dude there is zero reliable proof so far, hear say does not count

forthewild is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 06:52 PM
  #323
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1
 
Victorious Secret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Country: Ireland
Posts: 12,439
vCash: 500
Just let the season go and give the Wild a good draft pick. We could use a scorer.

Victorious Secret is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 06:57 PM
  #324
squidz*
dun worry he's cool
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: South of the Border
Country: United States
Posts: 11,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by forthewild View Post
seriously now we're turning hear say into some conspiracy theory that Fehr is lying and taking the union hostage, seriously Squidz i know you hate the PA but damn dude there is zero reliable proof so far, hear say does not count
No one other than you, has made anything remotely close to a conspiracy theory.

squidz* is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 06:59 PM
  #325
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1
 
Victorious Secret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Country: Ireland
Posts: 12,439
vCash: 500
The PA hasn't been straightforward and honest with their players. I believe that. Just like Obama shoving Hope down everyones throats. They are babying the nation and lying to them.

Victorious Secret is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:58 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.