So who is bummed about the lockout? II

Closed Thread

Old
11-08-2012, 08:44 AM
nickschultzfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
The pundits on Twitter seem to think there will be resolution one way or the other fairly soon. The talks either have to lead to an agreement or hit a wall. I am just hoping the tone of Fehr implies the former.

I wonder if his players told him to cool it and get back in the room.
I am not sure the players have any idea. Whenever there are is a quote by a player, it's like they haven't picked up a newspaper and are only going by Fehr's line.

Fehr's such an idiot. He's going to end up with a deal that he could have got in August. All he did was lose money for the player he is supposed to represent.

Old
11-08-2012, 09:04 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I doubt it. We've already seen the NHL move from 49% to 50% to 50% plus "make whole".

Old
11-08-2012, 10:53 AM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
I am not sure the players have any idea. Whenever there are is a quote by a player, it's like they haven't picked up a newspaper and are only going by Fehr's line.

Fehr's such an idiot. He's going to end up with a deal that he could have got in August. All he did was lose money for the player he is supposed to represent.
Although I cannot "confirm" it with a "source", I can tell you that when the NHL threw out the original offer to shift the make whole to the owners share, it was NOT communicated out to the players.

When the NHL "leaked" it shortly after the WC was canceled... there were some mighty pissed off players.

Old
11-08-2012, 11:24 AM
forthewild

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozak911 View Post
Although I cannot "confirm" it with a "source", I can tell you that when the NHL threw out the original offer to shift the make whole to the owners share, it was NOT communicated out to the players.

When the NHL "leaked" it shortly after the WC was canceled... there were some mighty pissed off players.
so what you are saying is when the owners proposed the offer, all players had to do was fire back with a "you absorb the make whole, and we would have had traction?

man this would be so epic if it blew up on the players in a way where "Fehr is such a great communicator, everyone is informed" end up being "majority of us players knew nothing of this deal, Mr. Fehr has withheld information from us and cost us money we will never get back, we feel he is not fit to lead"

Old
11-08-2012, 11:34 AM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

Quote:
Originally Posted by forthewild View Post
so what you are saying is when the owners proposed the offer, all players had to do was fire back with a "you absorb the make whole", and we would have had traction?

man this would be so epic if it blew up on the players in a way where "Fehr is such a great communicator, everyone is informed" end up being "majority of us players knew nothing of this deal, Mr. Fehr has withheld information from us and cost us money we will never get back, we feel he is not fit to lead"
re, the bold; Most of the lower and mid tier players wanted this explained to them in detail. The upper tier players like Toews, threw this out immediately and didn't even bother to tell their leadership to negotiate on this point, as a counter proposal.

I dunno, dude... The only first hand information I had was sitting at a table where Jamie McBain was talking to a couple of his friends. Everything else has been related to me as second hand information from one of those friends. Not a lot has been related since he (McBain) signed over in Europe.

On Tuesday night, I chatted with another guy that is "connected" to a couple of guys that work at the X. First, as DaCosta tweeted, they were all informed to put the ice back down after the Madonna concert. Some of the arena staff were informed that there was a strong possibility of the Black Friday game being held, but then were also informed that isn't set in stone.

I take everything I hear from these sources with a grain of salt. Why? Until I have a chance to witness the chummy conversations between a guy I skate with and Darby, I wouldn't guarantee the veracity of said conversation. It could just be bloviating by a dude that wants to feel "important".

Old
11-08-2012, 02:52 PM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

I just received a text from the girl I know that works for a sports agency in Chicago...

"Dude. D.Fehr is ****ing killing us..."

Old
11-08-2012, 03:20 PM
00xtremeninja
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 435
so we can expect the cancellation of the season this weekend?

Old
11-08-2012, 03:22 PM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

hellifiknow...

Old
11-08-2012, 03:23 PM
00xtremeninja
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

well i guess we see when we see

Old
11-08-2012, 03:23 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Quote:
Pierre LeBrun
NHLPA's offered concept to NHL on Make Whole would see players go down to 50-50 of HRR by Year 3. So there's a phase-in element to it
They are speaking the same language now, it seems.

Old
11-08-2012, 03:30 PM
00xtremeninja
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

sounds good to me, where do i sign?

Old
11-08-2012, 03:34 PM
rafterman

vCash: 590
Has it been confirmed anywhere that the PA has even agreed to linkage yet ?

Old
11-08-2012, 04:02 PM
HobeyBroten

I kind of wish the news about the PA making two offers yesterday did not come out. This suspense is killing me!! I would have of much rather been surprised with whichever decision the league makes after this. Crossing fingers this is IT!

Old
11-08-2012, 04:32 PM
forthewild

i kinda have the feeling if today ends badly season is gone.... and thats when the real ****storm will actually start.

man what a way to kill a sport

Old
11-08-2012, 04:38 PM
nickschultzfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozak911 View Post

I am a attorney. If I didn't give the complete details of a settlement offer to a client, I could get disbarred.

If this is true, it wouldn't surprise but, but Fehr should have he head taken off by the players.

Old
11-08-2012, 04:43 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Let's not get carried away. There is a point where spreading rumors without a valid source is a violation of the rules.

Old
11-08-2012, 05:23 PM
elnewby
We got em'!

vCash: 50
Fehr to address the Media in 10 mins.

Cross your fingers.

https://twitter.com/reporterchris/st...81838372794368

Old
11-08-2012, 05:27 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

they didn't say it was a joint address...so...

Old
11-08-2012, 05:43 PM
elnewby
We got em'!

Well, nothing came out of that. BUT, the two sides will meet again tomorrow.

As long as they keep on talking, I suppose that is somewhat good news. Internal meeting going on tonight as well.

Somewhat....

https://twitter.com/Russostrib/statu...87208302452736

Old
11-08-2012, 06:00 PM
00xtremeninja
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

oh man this would make my weekend if this happened.

Old
11-08-2012, 06:37 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
I am a attorney. If I didn't give the complete details of a settlement offer to a client, I could get disbarred.

If this is true, it wouldn't surprise but, but Fehr should have he head taken off by the players.
If you look at the history of the NHLPA, the leadership directly lying to the players is far more common than any truth coming through. The only union head they've ever had that was upfront with them was fired in the middle of the night by a secret ballot of select players who were told they were voting on something a bit different than reality held.

Remember, in 2004 the players wanted to vote on whether to accept the league's proposal (with many today saying they would have taken the deal) but Goodenow never allowed them to vote.

However, the players are likely to give Fehr a lot of leniency on account of their extreme disorganization (they've had 4 different union heads in the past 3.25 years) and his experience. I wouldn't be surprised to see them immediately replace him once a CBA is completed, but I think they really do need him right now, even if he's doing them significant harm.

Old
11-08-2012, 06:47 PM
forthewild

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
If you look at the history of the NHLPA, the leadership directly lying to the players is far more common than any truth coming through. The only union head they've ever had that was upfront with them was fired in the middle of the night by a secret ballot of select players who were told they were voting on something a bit different than reality held.

Remember, in 2004 the players wanted to vote on whether to accept the league's proposal (with many today saying they would have taken the deal) but Goodenow never allowed them to vote.

However, the players are likely to give Fehr a lot of leniency on account of their extreme disorganization (they've had 4 different union heads in the past 3.25 years) and his experience. I wouldn't be surprised to see them immediately replace him once a CBA is completed, but I think they really do need him right now, even if he's doing them significant harm.
seriously now we're turning hear say into some conspiracy theory that Fehr is lying and taking the union hostage, seriously Squidz i know you hate the PA but damn dude there is zero reliable proof so far, hear say does not count

Old
11-08-2012, 06:52 PM
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1

Just let the season go and give the Wild a good draft pick. We could use a scorer.

Old
11-08-2012, 06:57 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by forthewild View Post
seriously now we're turning hear say into some conspiracy theory that Fehr is lying and taking the union hostage, seriously Squidz i know you hate the PA but damn dude there is zero reliable proof so far, hear say does not count
No one other than you, has made anything remotely close to a conspiracy theory.

Old
11-08-2012, 06:59 PM
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1

The PA hasn't been straightforward and honest with their players. I believe that. Just like Obama shoving Hope down everyones throats. They are babying the nation and lying to them.

Closed Thread