HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > HFNHL Talk
HFNHL Talk HFNHL is a full-simulation fantasy league that uses the FHL simulator to determine the outcome of games over a full 82-game season.

Possible end of an era

Old
11-07-2012, 09:17 PM
RedWingsLegacy

vCash: 500
Possible end of an era

So My Dad the Red Wings GM looks like he is done with the league and wants me to take the helm of the red wings im not entirely sure yet as ive acquired guys i like on my team and its built my way. I may be doing this though to keep the Nieces owning Detriot but it could depend on one things. First if my friend and AGM wants to take over the team and if its even possible to name your successor to your team or its given to someone else chosen by the league. Id rather not see my team butchered if i can help it but obviously the legacy of a Niece at the helm of the Wings should go on lol

RedWingsLegacy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 09:12 AM
Ohio Jones
The other Dexter

Will be the end of an era indeed if Drew decides to pull the chute. I guess once you've won it all the competitive drive starts to wane. Of course, he IS nearing retirement age, so that could play a part, too.

(Of course, the truth is he's heartbroken over the Battalion announcing their move to North Bay, and is putting his affairs in order before chaining himself to the doors of the Powerade Centre.)

If he does indeed step down, Zac, I don't think anybody will object to you taking over Detroit. Your AGM would have the inside track on Dallas, but the Commish would no doubt like to hear from him as to his plans. But all this must wait for an official word from your Pop.

Ohio Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 10:33 AM
MatthewFlames

Send a message via AIM to MatthewFlames Send a message via MSN to MatthewFlames Send a message via Yahoo to MatthewFlames Send a message via Skype™ to MatthewFlames
That would be a sad day indeed if Drew did retire from the league. However if he does, I think that in this case he should be able to name his successor.

MatthewFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 12:33 PM
kasper11

Would be very sad to see Drew go.

Some of the new GMs don't realize that he ran the sim for many years. I don't know if there is anyone who has given more time for this league.

Normally I would be against a GM choosing their successor, in this case I believe an exception is warranted.

kasper11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 01:56 PM
RedWingsLegacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper11 View Post
Would be very sad to see Drew go.

Some of the new GMs don't realize that he ran the sim for many years. I don't know if there is anyone who has given more time for this league.

Normally I would be against a GM choosing their successor, in this case I believe an exception is warranted.
Yup i remember when i was a little kid hed be on the computer right after working doing lines for everyone and everything

RedWingsLegacy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 02:51 PM
Vaive-Alive

I think Drew needs a trip to the Real Sports. Or perhaps go old-school and hit the Academy of Spherical Arts. I won't believe this until he tells me in person after we've had many screwdrivers, a full scotch tasting, and some dessert beers.

Lets book it guys. Who's in?

GM Kruegs

Vaive-Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 03:41 PM
Dr.Sens(e)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaive-Alive View Post
I think Drew needs a trip to the Real Sports. Or perhaps go old-school and hit the Academy of Spherical Arts. I won't believe this until he tells me in person after we've had many screwdrivers, a full scotch tasting, and some dessert beers.

GM Kruegs
Excellent idea. Time to ply the elder Niece with a bunch of double screw-drivers and get him signed to a new deal in Detroit. The younger Niece will ultimately get his chance in Detroit, but want Drew to see me (virtually) hold the Cup before he rides off into the sunset.

Seems only fair, given I had to watch him win the Cup.

Dr.Sens(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 07:52 AM
Dryden

Send a message via MSN to Dryden Send a message via Skype™ to Dryden
Didn't he say he was leaving like 5 years ago. Not falling for it.

Dryden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2012, 10:23 AM
Fan.At
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to Fan.At Send a message via MSN to Fan.At
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaive-Alive View Post

GM Kruegs
Bring Alfredsson and I'm in

which is the way he wants it!
Well, he gets it!
Fan.At is offline   Reply With Quote